All Comments on 'Caribbean Reign Ch. 29-30'

by emmaxin

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeover 2 years ago

He definitely seems more accommodating and even at peace when he is required to give up some of the sway he has over her. For him to be in total control, is a no-no though - the man gets quite nasty and seems to have no value for human life. Hopefully she can team up with Isabel and do something about the slave-situation while he is still in a semi-coma. Then they can march down to that jailhouse and make the people in control scrub the place till it shines, before reversing all the fake sentences. The jailers can then come help out on the farm for the rest of their lives - not naked - nobody wants to look at that. Honestly, I would like for her to lead, if only to be in a position to give him guidance for a while. Isabel tried, but maybe went about it with a too soft hand. There is still the question of whether the two big families will make peace and then the couple would have reunited the island. That is far too much responsibility to load onto Rafe's ego, he'll just explode with all kinds of Rafy solutions to keep people in check. No, it is far better if he only tops in the bedroom. Thanks for this most delightful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked this installment over all but have to say I'm disappointed that Catherine gave in so soon as it wasn't just Rafael who couldn't last past 2 days - she couldn't either. I feel like she should have had the strength to last at least a week as it's not so much about making him suffer, but more about testing his resolve and commitment to making her happy. Rafa's thoughts also annoyed me ("I said I'd do anything to earn her forgiveness. I would have much preferred to buy another set of expensive gowns."). I get that he's not a natural bottom but he should be able to humble himself for the woman he loves who has suffered devastation at his hands and now abandoned by her family due to his actions. I agree with previous commenter that his role is as a top in the bedroom. However, they should be equals outside the bedroom as she's more than capable of ruling the estate, maybe even better than he can.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story should end as the Viscount's becoming a slave for life.

AmbuurleeeAmbuurleeeover 2 years ago

Will there be a sequel? Ive read all on here up to this chapter and decided to buy the book because I needed more only to realize it was almost over lol 😂 I need more haha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love your writing 'voice' and can only wish I could write as well as you! Am so looking forward to next chapter! However, I do hope you give our heroine some happiness with her family, despite the fact that they abandoned her. No one has a perfect family and I get that they are just products of the times they lived in but she has suffered through so much and deserves not to live in disgrace from her own family/people. Just my thoughts :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars - even though I have to agree she gave up a little too easily

emmaxinemmaxinover 2 years agoAuthor

So happy that y'all enjoyed the story. I actually do agree that their journey should probably be a little bit longer, but as a writer there was a point where I had to throw in the towel - especially not knowing if anyone would be interested. I don't see a sequel in this story's future, but I think I would like to revisit it in a different format - perhaps as a screenplay with a few additional scenes to compensate for the missing inner monologues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Screenplay! Yes please!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The Viscount is best as a dominant too taming and owning the fiesty Catherine and keeping her pregnant and barefoot

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useremmaxin@emmaxin
Big sucker for historical enemies-to-lovers romances so I figured I'd write one. Posting the whole thing here, but if you can't wait to read it, check it out on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3myNQ1d

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES