All Comments on 'Carol Saves a Marriage'

by ctdans

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
I'll bet Carol

wished some old slut would have saved hers

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

One of the saddest stories I think I have ever read on Lit.

Sad because it's so true.

Thanks dans

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
5 stars

Very original. I liked it.

Not what she did, but the concept.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Bar Talks

Unlike ctdans, I'm not a big fan of the bar room talk story. But this story is a pearl. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To bad Carol did not marry a man but a boy.

The truth is that real men forgive. Little boys have temper tantrums and leave. I know some with whine about this, but when judgement day comes, Carol will find redemption and Pete not so much.

ribnitinribnitinover 4 years ago
Nicely

Nicely told story. Good plot, good writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Been there. The hurt never stops.

Many brief affairs go unnoticed. The betrayal lasts a long time. It continues to have a negative impact on every aspect of your life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent

5 stars. Should be required reading for every married couple.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

Hope the advice sticks with Lisa for a lifetime. We need more Carols to do the right thing. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I wonder if she ever gave Pete herpes from all the random makeouts with strangers?

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Real men forgive?

She cheated for four years. That is unforgiveable. Real men don't need cheating wives in their lives. Move on and find a better woman. Annony is an idiot. Probably a wimp that lives in his mom's basement. Certainly not a man that understands or has experienced marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent story!

Sad tale of Carol's saves another from the same path. The idea that her husband was not a real man for dumping her is absurd. This wasn't a one time thing, this was a pattern for a long time. Despite what seems to be the "norm" on Lit, most men (or women) are not content to be cheated on. 5*s.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago
re: anon

"when judgement day comes, Carol will find redemption and Pete not so much."

I take it you haven't read the ten commandments for a while?

Lucky number seven: "Thou shalt not commit adultery"

There's no commandment that says you have to forgive a slut wife when she breaks her marriage vows (taken before God!) and fucks a shitload of guys.

I have a feeling Pete will be welcomed through the pearly gates with open arms, while Carol has an eternity of fire and brimstone awaiting her.

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
Hmm

As a cautionary tale not bad, but the way it is told it is written like a story,rather than 2 characters talking about something serious. For example,Carol wouldn't get into the detail of her parents names,the whole background. She would tell about the travelling,that part is correct, she would talk of the temptation and then might mention 'as an air Force best I never got to date much or do what most teens do,and I met Peye in college and the rest is history's. Carol's long take is kind to of like mansplaining and would cause the other woman to zone out. Also,when a woman talks to another about something like this,to make a point or keep the other woman's attention they will grab the other person's hand when making a point.

Another week point is how Kevin Pete found out. I doubt very much Steve and Carol would not tell each other's name like that,and I doubt Steve,who after all had to know he was bedding a married woman ,would immediately spell the beans on someone he has just saw again after who knows how many years,among other things he would be afraid if Pete's reaction since Steve didn't exactly go to bed with Carol believing she was single. A much more logical story would be Steve said nothing,then tried to blackmail Carol and when she said no,told Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@ anonymous 12/12

Read it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Choose wisely"

Said the Grail Knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Carol chose poorly.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Those who betray their partner in life pay a price

Even if not caught. Unless they lack conscience feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kind of Drawn Out

Kind of a long drawn out with all the back ground info. Less background and more on details and fall out of Pete kicking her to the curb would have been more impactful (for Carol and the reader). Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Failure to discern is always the weak point in the plot.

A loyal loving faithful wife and ethical sincere mother turns into a selfish shallow stupid unprincipled disrespectful whore, and her husband hasn't a clue? Sounds like the dissolution of another shallow tepid distant marriage that existed only on paper. She went from fervent dedicated partner to clandestine heartless cheater, and her marriage relationship was not noticeably altered?

Sure, anythings possible. And the clueless dense detached partner always claims, I didn't have a clue. I loved her, so I trusted her.

No. Ignorance and laziness is blind, not love. In fact love is so energized and sensitive that such a drastic change in personality and morals is immediately evident. A guiltless remorseless slut like Carol had become is about as hard to spot as a dog with rabies. You don't have to be a veterinarian to know something is way wrong with this bitch. You just have to keep your eyes and mind open and not deny reality.

A decent attempt at a morality play. Unfortunately Carol's lecture was really about how sooner or later a crook always gets caught. Nowhere did Carol mention that its being willing to cheat, not the cheating itself, that is the true failure in character and ethics. Lisa will soon forget Carol's lecture while never forgetting how wonderful some strange cock might feel. Its just a matter of time before Lisa follows Carol's footsteps to debauchery and heartache. She will deserve it just as much as Carol.

Thanks for the story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 4 years ago
Yawn....

Another amazingly happy married women that ACTIVELY recognizes how great her life is .... and can't seem to exercise ANY self introspection

tapthatasstapthatassover 4 years ago
Anonymous, you’re wrong

If you don’t understand how love makes you blind, you’re either too young to understand, or incapable of fully loving. I’m sorry, but I speak from experience. You obviously don’t.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Plagiarism

This is the exact story line of another story. Don't remember the name but it was two men instead of two women. Shame on you!

Samson

jharpjharpover 4 years ago

She was already of the mind to cheat. Sure it may bit happen now but now the thought is in her head.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
Thanks CTD, strong effort. I enjoyed the read.

Tough to screw up and have to live with it

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
I’m not female

But that felt legit

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

Good different take on cheating prevention.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Reading again

If more cheaters met a Carol before they take that fatal step, we would have a better world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yep.

Every woman will be a lying, cheating slut if they think they can get away with it.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

Good story. Keep on writing. 5 stars. So sad, but that's life. The Bear approves. You always get caught. It's like lying. Once you start, you have to keep going, and it eventually catches up with you. Sorry, bitch.

The BEAR

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 3 years ago

They say committing suicide is the most selfish thing a human person can do. They may be right about that with regards to certain aspects; however, cheating and deliberately lying and breaking the heart of your spouse has got to be the most selfish act there is.

At least the cheating wife in this tale finally learned from her clearly many past mistakes.

racfguyracfguyalmost 3 years ago
"Real men forgive"

Really? What a load of crap.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 3 years ago

The content of the story was very good, but you have to learn to use quotation marks. It wasn't a big problem in this story because your female protag did 95% of the talking, but if you have back and forth dialogue it will become a major problem.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprisealmost 2 years ago

Sort of redemptions saving a marriage. Not like the one she destroyed BALANCE

Omegaman56Omegaman56almost 2 years ago

Given a choice of. Being a BTB or RAAC. I would choise a great RAAC. You have to be a superior writer to pull it off. I felt sorry for carol

Real men make there own decisions

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 1 year ago

Beliefs make Perception. And Perceptions make Reality.

So to everyone their reality is Different.

That's why sometimes we call people delusional, Cause their Reality doesn't match with ours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A number of issues here, first there is too much padding. We do not need to know about the MC's childhood to the level of detail that the author goes into here, ditto how her parents met. The only relevant detail is that they were a military family who moved around a lot.

Then there is the level of intimate detail that the MC goes into in a conversation with someone she's only just met; that more than anything identifies the author as male.

Finally the conclusion seems to be that serial cheating is only wrong if you get caught. What about personal integrity?

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppyabout 1 year ago

Five Stars!

Excellent!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Boggles the mind. At first hee rationale was she had not experienced much in terms of flirting, dating, and then of course sex before Pete. Then it became about the hunt and chase and conquest! She felt joy after her first time screwing David in LA. As an aside the whole conquest thing is much more of a cheating husband thing; the top five reasons that men and women cheat are very different, look it up! Really disturbing is that Carol had zero guilt. Instead she was ecstatic rhat she had a fool proof system. Unfortunately this is borne out by large scale psych studied: 75% of married men and 67% of married women WOULD cheat if they knew for certainty that they would neve be found out. Disgusting right? But it is the truth nonetheless. Carol had opportunity and a system in place where she thought she would never be caught while traveling once a month on business. She was successful for four years, once a month, one weekend on the road. And by the end it was just about the sex. I guess at that point she no longer cared much for sex and intimacy with her husband. She even admitted it became a habit and wasn't about the conquest or being desired or even the illicit nature of the cheating. Her kids were out of the house. Though she loved (or so she though she did) her husband and b ad a fool proof scheme, it was just sex. No biggie, right? Obviously she had already sh$t over her marriage many times and seeing as her rationale for continuing to cheat had drifted so far, she had lost all respect for her husband and felt entitled to have the thrill of new strange. Note how different cities had different favorite strange c$cks. She had gone off the rails. There is no way to sympathize or empathize with a person who throughly dishonored her marriage and disrespected her husband. She probably thought the confession would be helpful or she owed to him. Well it certainly nuked her marriage. None of us guys with a shred of self respect would reconcile with that level of wanton behavior. She had checked out of the marriage unknowingly (to both parties) a long time ago..would wager thatbshe spent a lot of time during the week prior to her trip looking forward to her weekend encounter yo get another notch in her belt (again more often a cheating husband motif, but whatever). Also suspect that her interactions with her husband both in and out of the bed, changed first subtly, then more significantly with time. It is impossible to.think she did not do comparisons in her head while.making love to Pete and though she assiduously avoided confessing if and when the sex was better with other men, there is no way that at least some of it (like Kevin who she fondly waxes over in Minnesota, before screwing Steve and unwittingly killing her marriage) was not better and more thrilling, otherwise why keep doing it every single time she traveled? There was no guilt from after the first time, and she clearly enjoyed it, until it became a pleasant habit. No way that doesn't seep in at the edges into her marriage as detachment, disrespect, amusement, frustration, entitlement, or any or all of the above with such frequency. A despicable but more normal response woukd be for her to get hired of cheating on her trips at some point buy she instead avidly kept doing it. She clearly had mental issues. Almost sociopathic when it came to her marriage. She was careful to nit get caught and what Pete didn't know would never hurt him. Balderdash. And her lack.of any guilt but instead joy, and even her calculations before that well unacceptable until kids leave because of she had to divorce to get her way then no biggie after they were empty nesters? Poor Pete probably noticed a number of minor things that changed but assumed it was menopause or something. Instead she was being a little marriage sociopath free of guilt and nit a care at all for her marriage vows or her husband. She obviously miscalculated with her full confession. Even though she said nothing about the quality of sex, her high repetitive frequency of lillict sex would automatically dispose Pete to feel.he was inferior and she was looking for better sex, which basically she was near the end. Only after being caught does she realize whatbshe will lose and what all her games cost her, but so what? She had four years to work it out and she destroyed her husband, Immolated her marriage and mauled her relationship with her kids. She is basically a pariah. And well what would she expect? Of course in real life, the rate of married women committing adultery is up 50% in 25+ years because of opportunity (now 19% of married women have at least one extramarital affair when married by time hitting their 50s (was 13% in the 90s), while married men have remained constant at 29% by their 50s). All about opportunity. As a final note: regardless of the popular LW trope, married women with little no sexual experience prior to marriage are much more fulfilled with their sex life and cheat less often. This is opposite of many LW stories where thenthough is if the wife had more experience she wouldn't feel compelled to go looking for strsnfebat some point. That is a male perception that is incongruent with facts. The more sexual experience a woman has prior to marriage, the less fulfillment they have with marital swx, adding impetus to then to cheat. Still though the main women cheat is they feel ignored, neglected, or hubby is not paying attention to them or communicating honestly with them. On the contrary, cheating wives tend to have longer affairs than men (average is about 6 months) and often with an emotional connection. Cheating husband's have more affairs, but shorter ones, often with no emotional connection with the leading reason being acting on impulse because the cheating lover was "hot". In this story, Carol cheats and acts more like a cheating husband who is a traveling salesman, always on the make when out of town. A long list of one or two night stands, with a sailor in every port. Just sad. Pete is better off without her. No coming back from that confession. Shows how out of touch shenwas with regards to what she was doing. That level of description and detail, while.not about the sex, but her methods, planning, and frequency, well that just vomits all over the marriage. Maybe she never deserved Mr Right. She was thinking about this for years before she actually acted on it. Messed up.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well at least one marriage was saved (but for how long I wonder; probably won't last) from her monumental fuck up. Weak convictions + gold medalist in mental gymnastics = cheating slut inevitably. Sad but true.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Most marriage councilors will tell you its women that cheat most of the time not men. Studies where people have to admit theyre cheating or would are wrong because women lie in those.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lol @ the previous comment starting with "Most marriage counselors will tell you..." What scientific evidence do you have for such a claim? And why would women necessarily lie in perfectly anonymous surveys, more frequently than men? Enough to significantly affect the results to overcome the 29% vs 19% at least once in marriage by their 50s gap (women 19%, men 29%)? What illustrious insight did you receive? What hidden knowledge did you find? Was it online? So is the truth all being covered up by a conspiracy? Pizzagate maybe?

Women cheat more often now than they did in the 90s (from 13% to 19%), while men have remained constant more or less. Men cheat more often but women tend to have longer affairs (average 6 months vs 2.months for women). Note that most women have emotional affairs on top of their extramarital affair which can make them more devastating.

While this is a good cautionary tale, it is ironic that most LW authors are male, writing for an audience that is mostly male, and often consigning the cheating wives to motives for their cheating which are in reality more likely the reasons for men to cheat.

Married women and married men have some overlaps for the reasons they cheat, but their prioritization is quite different, meaning ranks #1 through #5 for a man are lower rank for woman and vice versa. Yet most cheating wives in LW stories on this site, cheat for reasons that are much more likely to be the motives for men in real life.

There are actual real and authentic psych studies with results avaliable online (not involving conspiracies or incel forums) that demonstrate the differences. Whether you research them or not or stay in wilful ignorance is your choice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous