All Comments on 'Caroline Alone Ch. 04'

by MortonGrange

Sort by:
  • 335 Comments (Page 4)
Mostera1Mostera1about 11 years ago
Well Done

I enjoyed the read immensely. A lot of forethought went into the characters, and intertwining them together. I would agree with most of the comments. I did enjoy the writing of Duel, the sword play was unique, and I understood his death at her hand, but still felt her character left a lot to be desired, the remorse of what she did, I simply did not see it. Here we saw Caroline hopefully grow up from a self centered person who always put herself first, with no clue to the consequences to a person who understands that a marriage is two people committed to each other. In the end she finally took responsibility, and perhaps she will get it right.

Thank you!!! 5*****

M1

PS I thought Hazel was a fascinating character, and how she described herself when she was reconciling with Jack was superb. Well done again!!

M1

Richie4110Richie4110about 11 years ago
Great story

I thought it started in a predictable fashion and developed along tried and true strains. I think you've risen to the call to put a great ending to a rather common separation story.

Thanks for your effort and I hope to read more of your work soon.

SKHPSKHPabout 11 years ago
If any of the 4 chapters, this one could have qualyfied for "Romance"

I could not imagine anyone with ideas about love and marriage as twisted as Caroline's. You now find me surprised about her catharsis. In the end she seemed almost a likable person to me. So: maybe the train wreckage (as another commentor phrased it) had something good also for her and the persons who have to deal with her.

MG, please give us more of this excellent stuff soon!

5*

katranmankatranmanabout 11 years ago
Well Done

I enjoyed this story thoroughly and the last chapter really tied it together. Thanks for writing, I'm looking forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wonderful Story

You have raised the bar for LW stories. You didn't BTB instead you brought her to disinagration by a slow methodical boil. Then instead of RACC or suicide you permitted her to realize her mistakes learn from them and grow up. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
re: Finally

Yes, but only because Damian threw her under the bus, not because she, on her own, realized what she was doing. There's a big difference.

While I'm glad to be proven wrong about this being a RAAC, it was was still taking a two chapter, maybe three if you wan to be generous, story and stretching it out over four chapters.

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 11 years ago
Finally

Finally she grew up! Good Job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Worth the Effort

I shouldn't complain since I don't write here (or anywhere) but some stories at Literotica are not worth the effort of writing nor reading. This story is an exception. Well worth the effort and a five.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to put such a fine story on this site....PLEASE, keep them coming!

catphan8catphan8about 11 years ago

This turned out to be a great story. Well done!

grogers7grogers7about 11 years ago
Natural and Logical Consequences

A well told story without fantasy revenge or sexual hyperbole. One of the best. With this story plus "The Duel" you have distinguished yourself as one of the better authors in this genre. Almost all who wrote comments are looking forward to more of your art, as I am.

On the down side, it is hard to imagine living with a progressive vegan feminist -- especially for a man who may be an economist of the Austrian school who is a cheeseburger loving, hard working, profit generator.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellen!

I rarely give a 5 but you deserved it! Excellent read and easy to follow. Thank you for your work.

arincharinchabout 11 years ago
From This Story

I surmise that some women are fine but then become insane while others hate men their whole lives and then become merely equals. Tongue firmly in cheek.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thank you. A good read

Thank you. Please write more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
great story

loved the detail. once again a me person forgets that family is us not ME. really suprised how you softened Hazel. I was afraid you were going to saddle Jack with a feminist bitch. really well developed characters and their emotions. THANK YOU

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
I enjoyed it till the end

Great Story.....Bravo, Bravo.....Well done

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

I loved this final chapter, as it was so insightful and Carolyn finally got some reality in her head, which took way too long. I would think nobody could be so daft, but others have commented that people like this really exist. You have some turns of phrase that impress me, such as:

"My body was the intelligent part of me. My mind's not to be trusted. My mind's a whore, my body's a saint. "

I reread that several times and it summed up Hazel to me in two brief sentences. To give her credit she finally realized what she needed to do, although when Jack left Carolyn and Hazel alone in the refectory I thought it was going to go from bad to worse. Fortunately Carolyn revealed all, still not realizing how almost any sane person would view her situation and decisions.

I may steel myself to read the duel, even though warned I probably will not like it. You are an excellent writer, please post again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
excellent

it took awhile, but Caroline finally grew up. really well written, thought out, and executed. bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nice!

Not very erotic, but pretty darn literate. So the story meets half of the criteria for "Literorica" material. I think maybe Caroline learned as much from her way-too-late recognition of the kind of man Damien was as from the loss of her family. Maybe more. If he had turned out to be a real human being and were going to continue to be available, there might have been no "learning experience" for Caroline. But who knows or cares? Good story.

WoodytooWoodytooabout 11 years ago
Train Wreck

I don't know why, it was like I was compelled to keep on reading, to see just how this sordid tale would end up. I should have known that in the end, it would be a Train Wreck. What a waste of time...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

I think you ave just become my favorite writer on this site. I like how you drew this out so that we could have some closure and see Caroline finally come to acknowledge that she was wrong.

"People act badly, not out of a desire to gain unfair advantage over others, but because they see life through the distorting lens of self-interest."

That sentence sums it up nicely, and demonstrates how gifted a writer you are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow. Absolutely the best.

Great story, well developed. you get the reader hooked right from the beginning and keep him (her) there till the end. Hope you publish again soon!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 11 years ago
Well played.

Everyone learns. A very enjoyable story and will be looking forward to future postings.

IrfonIrfonabout 11 years ago
Excellent !!

A well written story - highly enjoyable to read.

Thank you for writing it !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really excellent work!

Perhaps a followup where Caroline now has understood life's lessons and accepts and earns male friendship (which could lead to more). Thanks you for the tale!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
real villian

Damien is the real sleeze here. I see lot's of these love them then leave them single guys around. I'm now way too old to be in the scene, but as the office matron I see many married woman who are being hustled by these guys.

Typical hustler 28 to 38...handsome...lot's of polish...it's only lunch...just one drink after work....Oh come on live a little......Let's go for a drive this Saturday tell your husband you are at a bridal shower.

Seen it all...then I am looking to replace her...husband found out...she can't stand to look at lover boy...lover boy flirting with another. Husband enraged this is happening at her job...comes looking for lover boy....Yeah I have seen it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Best chapter! Great story!

Thank you for your work! Your story grabbed me with the first chapter. The character development was great. No one was perfect. You gave great insight on how each perceived the world and how flawed each was. I hated Jack's passive aggressiveness but wanted things to work out for him. You had Caroline finally figure it out in the end and showed some growth.

You are an excellent writer. Your other story was intense. Do not apologize for being wordy. What you do with words is amazing. I look forward to reading more from you. No one else is writing anything in your league!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Please

Let there be more like this!

The kids were a little too fantasy, though. I have a friend who works as a therapist, and the tendency of kids to take moms side no matter what is so extreme it's scared him off of family living entirely.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Slow to learn from folly, hopefully slow to forget

Caroline's outlook is better then Damian's at any rate. For the most part this was a high end read. She was not desolated & consigned to lay down on the train tracks and await the locomotive's kiss, no Caroline Karinina her

The same irrepressible pluckiness that misled her to believe that her charms and verve would be enough to sway Jack to share her, that energy pushed her through the despair that others would have succumbed to. Its to her credit, Caroline never played " the custody card " or denied J. access to their children. Give her that much.

The only one short shrifted was the poor Lothario. Jack ate his lunch on a number of levels. The anual state of the Damián email for family & friends figures to ring out a bit more subdued with his reduced circumstances.

Personally, I believe that most businesses who employ ' charmers' to push their products expect the odd messy entanglement. Their morality is dictated by the bottom line. Sporting teams cluck disapprovingly but have a propensity to forgive when the team stud is caught out driving when inebriated.

It's the fringe third stringer that's shown the door for the same offense. In the blowback from the rogue email that ultimately undid the two lovers from their high end jobs.I believe the author stretched credibility in that aspect.

However, much of this story had the ' star quality ' that Caroline imagined she had. Thus full marks and my thanks go out to MortonGrange.

gabaagabaaabout 11 years ago
Terrific!

Many thanks for an excellent story. Caroline's desire to have it all was very well described and the way that her removal of the cornerstone of their marriage led to a gradual disintegration of the whole edifice was beautifully realistic.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Top Quality

The story held our attention and the details were added slowly as in a painting. I have watched my wife painting and initially it is hard to see how she is ever going to get the splotches on the canvas to form a harmonious whole. This author just kept building up the details. The same thing happened with Caroline as she kept changing her position slowly on all things. Fascinating.

Complaints? I would have liked to follow the conversation between Hazel and Caroline in more detail. Why did Hazel change her mind about what kind of life she wanted? I wish that the whole story was not revealed in the title!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Excellent

What a tremendous tale. It took almost to the end for Caroline to show any remorse for what she had done. Jack is a great person and in the end he found what he thought he had before. Happiness.

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
First class read

Enjoyed each chapter. Character development is most excellent. Finished the read feeling Caroline learned from her mistakes and in time will find her way forward to a good life. In the end Jack and children won the lottery. Complex, interesting characters finding their way through developing events makes for a very good read. Appreciate your sharing. Look forward to your future writings.

thefranzthefranzabout 11 years ago
Simply Great

Consitent but evolving characters, great dialogue and a more or less realistic happy ending for the wronged party.

The reason given by Hazel for her behaviour after the fight with Damian was believable IMO.

Caroline was in denial for most of the time, a shallow person dizzy by looking into the abyss she created, but you give her a chance in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Thanks!

For staying true to the title and not making a RAAC. It's Nice. Give more.

Are you really new to writing?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMortonGrange@MortonGrange
I post occasional writing that fits the loving wives brief. If a few readers enjoy my stories it is enough to make writing worthwhile. But the main reward for the author is to get feedback, positive or negative, from those who have read my story. Readers have to make an eff...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories