All Comments on 'Caroline Alone Ch. 04'

by MortonGrange

Sort by:
  • 335 Comments
letsdothis77letsdothis773 days ago

So much emotion, thank you for the time on this story. My only problem is there anyone who really thinks like Caroline? Also thanks for no (dick size, former military, or lawyer bullshit.)

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Crash and burn, hope enough to rise again? Painful lesson learned, after bright bubble burst and the shoe being on the other foot. (No train to Exeter) Where is it written, 'no (wo)man can serve two masters'?

ChopinesqueChopinesque9 days ago

An exceptionally fine story. Favorited. Poor Caroline. Will she find peace? Having (I think) realized her failing, will she also forgive herself?

desecrationdesecration12 days ago

One of the best on the site: a very Celine or Sterne style exploration of inner space, very efficient with language, and a psychological novel in the making. I might opine that contrition on the part of the cheating spouse is a bit much to expect at any time. They put on a good front until they go down. However, this story was a joy to read and makes me hope for more from this author.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

This is a well written articulate story,but tedious..way too long to unveil an ending,though believable, readers suspected coming.Your MC is a joke.I for one could never get to like your MC for many reasons.Way too much time thinking and not enough doing. Just dragged things out and made a possible good tale boring...3stars..JzK

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos19 days ago

I know it's a trope in these stories, but Caroline was far too delusional for too long. I mean, her husband quits her job, moves out and gets a new girlfriend and she's all like, "It'll be hard, but I can still win him back and have my two wonderful loves!!" ... and of course Daimo ends up being a total gobshite only interested in Caroline's ass, as expected. There's even the second prize love interest for Jack, although I wonder about that - as a character, Hazel was insufferable for most of the story and then seems to undergo a complete character transformation.

<>

Honestly I think that this was a good story over all, but it was too long in some places and the Caroline parts ended up just being comedy after a while, at least up until the end when she finally goes, "Oops, I guess I fucked up." Maybe it would have been better to have Caroline make some serious attempts to ditch Damien somewhere in the story here and there to build a bit of tension - as it was written, the ending was just a foregone conclusion. That makes for an unexciting story. I'm sure it caused my eyes to gloss over a couple of times whilst I was reading.

<>

Overall, it was good quality, especially for this website. Just some pacing and characterization issues. I rate it 4/5

6King6King19 days ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great writing but a common and consistently sad story line. Caroline needs counseling.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

liked the 2 kids trying to understand 1/2 siblings and family dynamics. Overall it was OK but just many pages too long. Caroline still ends up with some regrets but still thinks she acted right. What a whack job

bacchant2bacchant2about 2 months ago

I was bored and uninterested, the mc accepted being a cuckold and thereafter lost all credibility or sympathy. Its a hard to read a story about people with no strength or morals. Why bother.

Rocky62Rocky622 months ago

Fabulous read, again. I quite enjoy the eventual rebirth of a wronged spouse.

jflindersjflinders3 months ago

Maybe I move in limited circles as I was unable to feel any empathy with any of the characters except possibly Ben and Amy. That is especially true of Caroline and Hazel as they were developed as people I'd never consider a romantic relationship with.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Bipolar

oldpantythiefoldpantythief3 months ago

Caroline was delusional to the bitter end, only then did maybe a slight glint of understanding slip through her deep seated narcissism. That being said, she made her bed and then had to sleep in it. It was nice when she realized that Dam played her just like she played Jack. Got to mark this as a story I liked mainly because Jack didn't relent and take the cheating delusional sult back. Plus, she almost hit rock bottom, just didn't do the alcohol, drugs and whoring. Maybe if it hadn't been for the kids, that would have been the next step for her.

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

Unbelievably good. Only two elements seemed contrived. Firstly the confrontation between Jsck and Damien the rugby player in which Jack doesn't only beat him... He humiliates him. I live in South Africa and you wouldn't want to mess with any of the rugby players here... that's certain. Secondly Caroline's complete inability to view her behaviour objectively even despite her narcissism something must surely say: hang on a minute. But despite my gripes and voncerns that Jack was about to wimp out this was a tour-de-force.

Very well done.

ttjbjr54ttjbjr544 months ago

Great read. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"She wasn't going to let anyone say: "She got what she deserved"."

She did, and she didn't.

She did in that she would never have Jack again, except as a friend, and only a friend. And she was so completely fucked up for most of the time this story unfolded over, there was a good chance she'd never have another man either.

She didn't get what she deserved, because as a member of the BTB brigade, I think anyone as cruel and self-absorbed as she was needs to have their world burned to the ground.

But, overall, it was still a good read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Elegant transitioning after self reflection.

A poor metaphor? Caroline through the 'looking glass'... Growing pains.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed the story and character development. However, I’m puzzled by Caroline’s continual delusion that her actions were appropriate and courageous, and that her only errors were in, (1) failing to keep her affair secret, and (2) failing to convince Jack that he should just have let her affair run it’s course. The fact that she clings to these delusional beliefs even in the aftermath of her abject failure stretches credulity, bordering on psychopathy. Even the dimmest cheating spouse understands the fundamental error of their ways when the predictable consequences play out badly for them, that is they are left with nothing in the end. More than that even, you left Caroline with less than nothing in the end, not even a sane, if sorrowful, mind. Just another crazy, wounded, bitch. Interesting, but hardly consistent with most people’s understanding of human experience.

Reading your comments, I don’t think that was your intention, but rather to paint the picture of person who makes a big mistake, but is otherwise worthwhile and redeemable. Hard to redeem someone who fundamentally, dramatically, and persistently whiffs on appreciating the error of their ways. This is especially true in view of the fact that you have Caroline, mid passage, acknowledging that her relationship with Damian is “not what Jack signed up for” when he married her. So you juxtapose that acknowledgment with her steadfast denial of the wrongfulness of her conduct and have her continue on her delusion that her cheating was a courageous expression of her personal agency, and that it would have been cowardly to turn away from her affair. Really? That’s your proposition.? Well then, if so, her protestations notwithstanding, in the end then, she indeed, “got [exactly] what she deserved: Caroline alone, and her lover a broken man. Righteous outcome, but I’m not convinced that’s what you intended as the reader’s take away. Rather, I suspect you want us to feel sorry for her, but how can we if she insists that her affair was righteous and courageous. She got what she deserved. Aloneness. Simple as that. And Jack got what he deserved and wanted, although Hazel’s incessant feminist militancy would drive me up a wall, she was nonetheless, seemingly at least, the faithful, guileless wife Jack ultimately wanted.

mariverzmariverz5 months ago

BTB completo.

excelente, divertido.

te deja caer para luego levantarse con las consecuencias para la traidora y bastardo.

asi deberian ser las historias de este tipo, todas las historias de este tipo.

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

I see lots of complaints below, but as a story I think it was good, yes it's not real life and you wrote a good story, could it be better? Maybe, maybe not, was she too much of a stupid person?

I bet something like this has happened many times, people do stupid things, especially when sex or "love" is involved…. Bet more men have had 2 women on the go than women.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Gave up after the 2nd part. Perhaps this should have been in another category. Horror fantasy?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The ending was so weird, but distinctively British.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well told story. I enjoyed reading it and the unique way the husband handled the separation. Couple of negative point. Husband’s treatment of the cheater would not be tolerated. Caroline was totally delusional with her thought process. Dam was a Whitney Bitch. All is well that ends well.

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoy6 months ago

I come from what I call a culture of divorce (on my mother's side). Twelve sisters all of whom, with the exception of my mother, were married and divorced. Your story seems to me to be a more accurate depiction of the real life of a Loving Wife story.

Busman19639Busman196396 months ago

A very nice and well written story. Caroline got off better than I would have expected.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c17 months ago

Both female characters are insufferable. Two sides of same coin

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

To anony, "Tragically, neither Jack nor Hazel recognizes the severity of Caroline's mental illness"...

I can't disagree with your thoughts at all.

She either cannot grasp reality, or is so narcissistic that she intended to selfishly force her husband to be a willing cuckold... and that's not who she is in this story.

It took her a damn long time to come to terms that she never really could have two complete love stories, and even towards the end, she would have hooked back up with Damien in a heartbeat. It took him telling her that she was just a good piece of ass before she stopped pursuing it.

Jack's statement that she should have a big red sign, warning people about her was on the money.

I can't get by the feeling that Jack has a 'type' of woman that gets his attention. I don't hate Hazel at all, she's growing and learning, but God, she wouldn't be my choice. I'd rather the type of girl her sister Mimi is... not so severe, not so caustic in her world view... and probably not vegan.

The story was worth reading, but it does not feel like a 'happily ever after' to me.

If they were my neighbours, of smile and wave in passing, but I'd never invest in friendship with any of them, not even Jack.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really fine writing. It's a damned shame you stopped. This is writing that does honor to any website, publication, or publisher. I hope you are still writing and it's being published somewhere. If not, please consider writing here again.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0358 months ago

Great story from start to finish. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Tragically, neither Jack nor Hazel recognizes the severity of Caroline's mental illness. Throughout the series, her thought processes and resulting behavior show clear evidence of impaired reality testing that worsens under stress. The question is not whether she will have a severe psychotic episode, it's simply a question of when that meltdown will occur. The thoughts running through her mind as she holds Jack's new child give real cause for alarm. She sees only a frowning Jack in the infant...perfect but in need of protection from harm. Hazel is in easily predictable danger. Her peril will only increase as Caroline bonds with the infant and incorporates him into HER idealized family unit along with Jack, Amy and Ben. The threat Hazel poses to her family's structure will not be tolerated for long. As the events of the near future will once again prove, a mother protecting her young is a formidable, fearless and unhesitatingly lethal force.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So over egged. So she was a rising star in an important position and a good looking tidy woman, so yeah at the first minor blip she falls apart and becomes a checkout lady. Yeah, don't think so. Wishful thinking by a betrayed man. What really happened is that she moved jobs, getting a promotion and moved to London, met a rich good looking guy and made another family.

Schwanze1Schwanze19 months ago

Great story about a total fuckup. His kids don’t stand a chance.

Schwanze1Schwanze19 months ago

Great story about a double fuck up

Cito22Cito229 months ago

I'm sorry, I really am. But f*** her and the horse she road in on. After all that shit that she pulled, she can go pound sand in the crappiest part of the hood for all anyone cares. And as far as the new woman. She seems a little flipping Shady as well.maybe this guy just can't pick em.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Caroline certainly registers pretty high in the narcissism spectrum. Her inability to give a damn about anybody but herself illustrates what a toxically selfish person she is. Her justification of Jack just accepting her betrayal is a narcissists tell. Screw Caroline.

MuleyMuley12 months ago

Overall a good study, I really enjoyed the kids dialogue, written from real life experience, I should think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Funny, actually not so funny is the BTB that Caroline experienced in order to understand that the person she was became the reason she went through the withdrawals of a ruined marriage. It was a nicety that the author gave Caroline a bit of peace at the end of this tale! A bit wordy at times but I managed to get through it. I went back and forth if the marriage would survive. I thought in the beginning though that the Bachelor may be just that a Bachelor.

Slick742Slick742about 1 year ago

I keep coming back to this story and can't put it down. One of the best. Thanks SK742

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Oh, thank God. I was so worried for him. It was too soon and I have my reservations, but at least he didn’t take his moronic, Femdom agitprop, cheating wife back. Marvelous story, started great and never faltered. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed the series. My only niggle was how his ex wife turned out. In my opinion, women are very pragmatic about relationships. Since the beginning of time, men have been taken from their lives, by sickness, or war. And they go out and find another man, to fill the role. For most of the world’s existence, it has taken a two parent family, to survive. Only recently, has technology, society and the court system, made that obsolete. In my opinion, the ex wife would have had another man in her bed, before it got cold. Whether she could “ parlay” that into someone who would absorb her current family, is a long shot. But since the beginning of time, women have used sex appeal, to get what they want. As long as she could get laid, it would boost her self confidence.But not give her back, the life she lost. And THAT, is a lesson women learn, the hard way. 5 stars.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedabout 1 year ago

Jack (?), 2 bat shit crazy women and Damien does a 180. Crazy. To many paragraph of minutia BS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She knows how to get it right , Your a fool! she is a delusional idiot .. Her hapless involvement with her self serving mind set. Only the emasculated demands of The demented female spices could absolve her destructive behavior. The garden of Eden rewriter over and over again and again. Original sin of the female species /lust,, greed,, vanity,, envy . 666. Eve-ism. Mother of the Global destruction of man.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

well, you made me read it all, even though it was way too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The Anonymous commenter who posted the comment below starting with "Great writing. A crazy delusional..." hit the nail on the head in his/her analysis. Caroline was a nutjob. Story got better the less we had to hear of her whiny bullshit rationalizations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Caroline appears to take stupidity or possibly delusion to a whole new level, even for this site. Feel Jack could have been a lot less passive early on, but no doubt he will be happier now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well done. Loved the depth of the characters and story line. You’re a wonderful story teller. Thank you for sharing your talent

Moonbat74Moonbat74over 1 year ago

A good story. Jack certainly knows how to take shit from women and keep smiling. Much stronger than most, in fact.

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

Fine tale throughout. My only reservation is that the author had so successfully depicted Hazel as a thorny bitch that I 1. couldn't see why Jack had any interest in her at all, and 2. That she so easily changed her whole personality simply because Caroline explained what she had done to Jack. That part of the story simply did not make sense and was a very false note. Otherwise, the plot, while very British, was well-thought-out and progressed smoothly, and held my interest throughout. If Literotica's star system allowed it, I would give this work a 4.3, but I refuse to rate it lower (at 4.0) so I'm going 5-stars. Thanks for the hard work and generosity in providing us with such good entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best 5 or so stories on this site. You raac numb nuts who badmouth every writer (without any writing of your own) who don’t finish every story by destroying the women, imprisoning the lover, and canonizing the protagonist are either unmarried or excusing your own inadequacies by bravado are exhausting. This writer and this story was special.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great writing. A crazy delusional loving wife for the ages. Her actions and rationalizations and overall cluelessness is just profound. Starts out emotionally rough but as there is less of Caroline in the story, it gets better. She is a certifiable nutjob. Maybe she has matured somewhat through her fall, but it is hard to see how even therapy woukd fix how broken she became, nor how Jack put up with her in the first place. Ironically, given Jack's personality and love for the kids, if when discovering the affair he had confronted her over her betrayal and she had ceased her relationship with the asshole, they might have made it through. He did try tactics to get her to change to no avail. But in reality she was (at least temporarily) insane. So delusional.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Daminen: :Let's face it Caroline, you're bad news. You're like the clumsy innocent in those screwball comedies who walks into a shop and leaves mayhem and destruction everywhere he goes."

===> this quote hits the nail on the head. Caroline is so self-centered, delusional, and dumb that she is basically toxic with a whole lot of collateral damage. Hard to imagine they made it through 10 years of marriage. Guess as the commenter below stated, she really is a charter member of the Martian Slut Ray Hall of Fame. Right up there with Linda from February Sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This quote from Caroline qualifies her to be a charter member of the Martian Slut Ray Hall of Fame:

.

“Don't mock me. Please Jack, I want you to think again. My affair with Damien had to happen. I'd have been a coward to turn away from his offer of love. It was my destiny and it hasn't worked out well, but don't punish me for trying. Now we can go back to how things were. I've learned my lesson."

.

Otherwise, not much to recommend in this silly tale.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

all characters are hard to digest,

even the kids, sometimes they are childlike, but other times speak like adult

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

"One of the strangest wimp cuck stories in these pages..."

To paraphrase some movie character, i do not think the work "cuck" or "wimp" means what you think it means.

He divorced her

He ruined her lover

He physically beat up her lover

He took custody of HIS kids

Is everything a cuck or a wimp in your fantasy world? bizarrely small mindset...

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

The writing is amazing. Realistic.

...."the lens of self interest"

What a perceptive way of saying that.

It might be 20 years before she realizes her stupidity

3 month affair, when discovered..."yes, I'm still fucking him, and want to continue."

Lunacy. Her only hope was to convince hubby it was absolutely over, she was truly contrite and she would forever strive to make it up to him.

That's not how she played it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finally accepted her mistake

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

One of the strangest wimp cuck stories in these pages. Far too long with many unneeded words. Jack ended up ok despite being his own worst enEmy.

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

A good story, well told...

OldbuddyOldbuddyover 1 year ago

Enjoyed. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jack is "passive in accepting her betrayal" because he destroyed the bitch.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

Why does Caroline think she now knows how to get it right? There is nothing that indicates she really accepts that she was truly the cause of everything. And why was Jack so passive in accepting her betrayal, just wants to be friends? Friendship requires a level of trust and respect.

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

Wonderful series. 5 *****.

I enjoy an ending where both the hero and protagonist have a future to look forward to. Much like real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very well thought out life scenario. It is well written to make it enjoyable for the reader...Though I feel it takes time for a good tale to play out,I felt this was a few chapters longer than need be to get the story out.. Good realistic tales as this are a treat...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant. It’s a shame you stopped posting here. I hope you have not stopped writing.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 1 year ago

Everything isn't always a Rainbow Dream.

Stuck up characters.

Toooooo much useless information.

But no informations about actual Things.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

A story of life for sure.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

My third or fourth read. Just as good as the first time. Totally a five-star story. Sorry for the comments from the pathetic ones. Well done. Randi.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsover 1 year ago

Enjoyable story well told, thanks for your effort

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Exaggeration was used to show our human mix of merits and frailties. Thanks so much.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

The story seems too unrealistic from multiple perspectives.

CindyTVCindyTValmost 2 years ago

Wow, great writing and what a story. Lots of emotions and pain. Thanks for the great effort. *5

irinmikeirinmikealmost 2 years ago

I have read many a story on this site but none as thorough and thoughtful as this one. It was an excepetion story if you like psychological introspection. I do and thing it was most entertaining to read!

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

Fuck, that was painful!! Well written. Emotion was conveyed very effectively and the characters had plenty of depth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story and plot, you stayed with!

I waited any of my own comments on each chapter, until I'd read the whole story.

This story is 5 stars all the way!

There were a couple detractors in the way this story was written, that I would like to point-out to you author, in an effort to help you out somehow. These are NOT criticisms, either!

In the first two chapters, you wrote very long, run-on paragraphs, that were so hard to read through.

Big huge paragraphs, that should've made at least maybe...10 or 15 much smaller and easier to read paragraphs.

Generally...in the English speaking and writing rules world, when the subject changes, or a persons thinking to themselves, changes subject matter, or direction, that new subject or direction, should be the start of a new paragraph.

Much the same as the writing rule, that when writing dialogue out between two or more characters talking, each new reply, or each time someone different speaks, they get their own new sentence, and the writer should tell us, who is speaking, by the characters name...that sort of thing.

Two books that were college 101 level English Lit. and Creative Writing course books, have helped me learn to write so much better are: "Rules for Writers" by Diana Hacker/Nancy Sommers; and "Robert's Rules of Writing," by Robert Masello. Both are readily available from Amazon, at competitive prices.

As well, there are many very great writers, and a few world-class authors on this site, that are sometimes willing to do story editing for you, before you post a new story, or another chapter to your current story, here.

I realize you must be from Great Britain, or Australia/New Zealand, by your style of writing and the way you spell common English words differently, than good ole American Slang English. For example: you write realise, when us Yanks, would spell that realize...

I highly respect the way you fleshed-out your MC's in this story, made them really come alive to us!

Caroline so reminded me of an ex-wife of mine! All she ever thought of and about, is herself! She rationalized cheating on me, the same ways Caroline did, in this story! Those are most of the main reasons why, (along with her damned cheating on me), she is my ex-wife!

Your MC's seemed real to me, by story end! Thank you author! That's writing talent!

I rather liked the way Jack, after he discovered Caroline's long term affair, made himself sit and figure-out what was best to do for his innocent young children's lives first, himself second, and his cheating wife, last...Not that Caroline gave him any other way to think/plan, or proceed...

I also thought it was very good, Jack had at least a couple very serious talks with Caroline first, before he then planned-out what was best for him and his young children, long term.

Jack charted a course, plotted it out in his mind, then steered his ship and his small fleet, (meaning he and his children's ships), through what could've become minefields, or around treacherous shoals, and made sure his little fleet of ships wound-up in safe harbor, where he wanted them to be! This, even with a few surprises along the way.

Jack's meeting, then falling in love with Hazel, being the biggest surprise, in Jacks life, post his failed marriage to Caroline, I suppose.

You wrote of his surprise so well, when Jack first discovered, he truly loved Hazel.

I liked, through this whole story, that Jack, your story MC, was the one whop watched out for, nurtured and loved their young children, first and the most! I like the way you showed that aa very loving, caring man, can be the best parent for young children!

I also like the way you wrote in this story, that all the horrid betrayal and raging, killing anger, though Jack certainly felt it at times, (particularly after he broke into Damien's home many times), Jack never lost control of.

In all ways, Jack did not let that anger boil out of control, and take everything in his life, he had so well planned for him and his children, go sideways!

He knew himself well, and knew as angry as he was with Caroline and Damien, if he lost temper control, he could easily maim or kill them both, and would wind-up being arrested and imprisoned!

That would leave his two innocent young children in a horrid mess, traumatize them for life, and that, so needlessly!

I really liked this story, for all its content, and the good way, author, you wrote that Jack handled this horrid cheating situation, so level-headed and well!

US story readers, who lurk on LW category, so need stories like this, that show other ways of handling such horrid cheaters and cheating situations, outside of the usual, classic BTB!

While I like BTB stories here, they often are not realistic, in that those that take out their cheating spouses in such blood and gore ways, never last long after that, free in society, with the rest of us! The law tends to put them in prison cells for the rest of their lives! In real life here in America, GB, Down-under, or NZ, very rarely BTCBCA, (my term for: Burning the Cheating Bitch/Bastard Completely Away, and not paying for it, by spending the rest of their lives in prison!

Now, I like a good BTB ending in these LW stories here...

But I thought it a wonderful respite, Reading the whole story of "caroline Alone" through, and seeing how most intelligent and reasonable people like MC Jack was in this story, works around the bigoted, biased and totally fucked Divorce courts and laws, and find a way to circumvent that process on their own, that works well, or the best...for all directly involved.

I think this story, is one of the best of these kinds of stories here, I've ever read!

I like the way you think...then write what you think, out...and the way you stay on plot and write so well, at the same time, story author!

This story was so well thought-out and planned! I really liked it!

Keep writing more thought-provoking stories like this, for us to read!

Thank you author! Thank you, so much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Caroline came over or was written as either an air head or a self centred bitch. Jack's actions were too irrational. None of them thought of the children first. Adultery when children is involved is just so selfish.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 2 years ago

Not sure there is a likeable character in the story. Even the kids were annoying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wife and I went to a friend's wedding a few years ago, his second. His first marriage, to his university sweetheart, ended when he discovered she had cheated on him. That's a crazy story in itself. He was on business trip in the early 90s, before E-mail became widespread. His wife had an AOL account and he thought it would be fun and romantic to log onto her AOL account and E-mail her. Instead, he ended up reading her e-mails with her lover. Flash forward and my wife and I are at his wedding reception when we see this tall, slender, attractive woman with shoulder length brown hair, wearing a purple silk blouse and black slacks standing in a corner watching my friend with a look of utter devastation and sorrow. We finally asked one of the other guests who she was. You guessed it. She was the first wife who never remarried and had tried futilely to win him back for well over twenty years. It was heartbreaking. Yeah, she screwed up. Yeah, she deserved it, but sometimes you don't realize what you have until it's gone. I see that as the theme for this story. It was very well done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was my second reading of this marvelous story and I enjoyed it more and got a better insight to the full story of cheating. It is so well crafted with a perfect reading pace that I gave each segment a five star review. Thanks for an outstanding effort to entertain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Caroline was delusional and seemed to be all her life. Jack's actions did not allow him to fully look after the children. Why is it the children get the brunt of the parents mistakes. I wonder what social issues they will have when they yare older and what they will think of their mothers actions. The story for me was infuriating at times with both persons perthitic actions. It seems so easy to forget their wedding vows by putting their wants ahead of the family needs. It just happened, I think not. They let themselves allow it. Do not shoot the messenger.

SlamnukeSlamnukeabout 2 years ago

Caroline really came across as someone who wasn’t all that intelligent in this story. Compartmentalization or not, it was very difficult to retain immersion in the story with her total inability to see reality. Every other person appeared to be merely a character in the play of her life and I cannot honestly believe someone could simultaneously be that oblivious and that self centered.

Real life cheaters are selfish but they generally are not oblivious like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"It was impossible to deal with happy people; they just didn't see difficulties." That was caroline in a nutshell, she was happy, w/ her 2 loves, nothing else mattered and she didnt see the difficult problems ahead. She entitled and rationalized herself out of everything important that really mattered.

Excellent excellent story.

lover1953lover1953about 2 years ago

Very well written. The description of the emotions pulled us along from the initial belief by Caroline that she was smart and able to compartmentalize her life into several parts that would never intersect. That takes a rare talent to pull off. The character development was well done and brought your reader along through the stages of grieving by Caroline as she realized that her destruction was all her own doing. 5*. An excellent read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like the emotion flowing down that huge slide with those bumps. She was greedy and lost all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ok, a reluctant 5*. excellent emotional denouement. cant think of anything better written. Very sad and well written when caroline finally got it, and in the end she suffered possibly the right amnt that she deserved a brighter future, or decent present.

Before caroline "got it" there were a couple of WTFs? kids blaming her for driving jack away, who shld they blame? jack for not aquiesing to her deluded need for a husband and a lover? kids cldnt be told the "true situation", what was carolines version of the true situation? that jack didnt love her enuf to submit to being cuckolded and keeping her living the lifestyle of the "rich entitled and stupid"? there were several mentions about her being a coward if she didnt accept damiens love or if she had refused to accept the risk of temptation that left me baffled and shaking my head. To my view being a coward was to not fight temptation, to not be faithful, cowardice was letting things happen that you know are wrong, and she knew at the beginning and during that she was doing wrong. Not heroic but not coward was fighting tem,ptation and being faithful and not giving in to desire and fantasy. Finally before she gets it, caroline still thinks the affairs was her right, was hurting no one, was actually good for hubby and that her only culpability was in not being secretive enuf or hiding the affair better. I did like and think "duh" during the sentence "when she explained the circumstances of her marriage breakdown, she was met w/ such incomprehension, no shit sherlock.

Excellent series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Please don't be mean to Hazel, she was a newbie.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Really wasn’t torture the woman per Hitchcock. It was torture the man with two shitty women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Poor pathetic woman.

Richie4110Richie4110about 2 years ago

Wonderful story well told and calculated drama to give it spice.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

1985. That was the end. Or 1984, if you believe George Orwell. I guess we should have seen it coming. The great rock bands of the 70’s, stopped churning out hits. Technology, first with beepers, then cell phones and the internet, started to control our lives. Women started to change. No longer needed to spend the whole day doing the cooking or the laundry, they were freed up to work full time. Someone else raised the children. ( gradual change since the 60’s) The institute of marriage fell out of favor. Divorces started to become rampant. The protector of the family, the glue that held it together, now became the wrecker of the family. For millions of years on this planet, the sexes had defined roles. Roles that both boys and girls were groomed for. I remember growing up in the 70’s. You were instilled that in order to attract a woman, you needed a strong work ethic. Needed to make something of yourself. Somehow, we went from my parents, the WW2 generation, to today’s, the entitlement generation. There is no pressure on anyone, to conform or fill a role. Most are ok, sleeping on someone’s couch, or living in their parents basement forever. Kind of like animals in a zoo. They live longer, but are deprived of their purpose in life. This is what creates, the actions of the woman in this story. I wish, it was 1983 again, or maybe 63’....

5 stars

hatavatuhatavatuover 2 years ago

This story reflects in the first parts my history so much that it almost amazes me. Now

in covid-era I have had time to think the past more objective, realistic and also without so much pain inside. Don't know how many use these stories as - cheap ? - therapy, but at least it works for me...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It wont take long for Caroline's guilt induced willingness to tolerate Jack and Hazel's relationship to wane. Her jealousy and sense of entitlement will quickly come to dominate her thoughts. Life is full of dangers and Caroline's proximity to Jack and Hazel's life will give her insight into the most natural appearing accident that might claim the life of the new mother. Once Hazel is gone, it will be logical, and the path of least resistance, for Caroline to resume her place as Jack's spouse. Jack will be lost in grief and the children, especially Oliver Graham, will need a mother's tender care. All will be well.

LSantiagoLSantiagoover 2 years ago

amazing How much had been packed into 3 pages

this, Im of the theory that the end of most marriages is due to the fact that bad things happen even to good people. And then theres sheer stupid

I like the characters they seem 3 dimensional and real

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Anon it’s hard,

You do get she wanted to continue to fuck them both? Please don’t make any important life decisions without consulting some successful and unrelated to you.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Poor bastard. It’s like a bigguy33 story. MC gets shit on coming and going in a very well written story. First he gets cheated on and then he gets to marry Hillary Rodham Clinton

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don't trust uber-feminist Hazel one minute... she will leave Jack for her lesbian lover down the line with less thought about it than Caroline had... trust me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great. Cheating slut got hers. How any Cretin can possibly criticise Jack clearly belongs in the cheaters' twilight zone.

LucasredLucasredover 2 years ago
Good

For some of us it takes living to get life right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story. Felt sorry for Caroline, but she did bring it upon herself, living in her delusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great writing, excellent story. At the end Caroline finally accepts responsibility for the wreck she caused. 5*****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMortonGrange@MortonGrange
I post occasional writing that fits the loving wives brief. If a few readers enjoy my stories it is enough to make writing worthwhile. But the main reward for the author is to get feedback, positive or negative, from those who have read my story. Readers have to make an eff...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories