All Comments on 'Carol's Christmas'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 336 Comments (Page 3)
Buck1974Buck1974over 2 years ago
Superb

Yet again another superb story from you . What more can I say only merry Christmas and have a fantastic one and everyone else who reads this .

Davidj001Davidj001over 2 years ago
Thanks man!

Merry Christmas to you and yours

FirstwithUFirstwithUover 2 years ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Thank you for sharing your talents and stories.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 2 years ago

Score one for you, hoss. I like it almost as much as "Mr. C and the HO, HO, HOE." ( I'm just a little prejudiced.) The Bear wholeheartedly approves. 10 Stars, because you know I can't count, and they won't change the rating system. It's nice to have good stories to go along with the 'sax and violins.'

Merry Christmas to all and your family. God Bless Us, Everyone.

P.S. Thank you for the loan of Dr.A. The Bear

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love your writing your stories are absolutely riveting and very entertaining.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for this, and all your other, wonderful stories. I always enjoy reading them.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 2 years ago

209 comments on a story that's less than 80 hours old! You Da Man!

Great story Loved it end to end. Thanks again for bringing so much pleasure to us your fans.

Break-a-take and read you again next year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the family. Hope the remodeling is complete! Relax and enjoy!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your best so far! Hats off and Merry Christmas to you, too!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

While enjoying this story, I had the puzzling experience of finding myself reading page 3 (Cam's visit) over and over again. After this phenomena repeated itself several times, I began paying closer attention to what I was reading. I finally realized that I was being thrown into this loop because Cam returned Carol to her room just BEFORE actually visiting her initially, thereby causing his visit to keep repeating itself on my computer screen, ala Bill Murray's Groundhog Day experiences (any computer programmers out there will understand this phenomena immediately).

Before I started pulling death-defying Murray-style stunts (because the movie was just fiction, right?), I decided I'd better carefully think the situation over. I finally decided that the best way to try and break this cycle would be to make sure I didn't read completely through the end of Cam's visit again. So, my next time reading page 3, I took careful note of what ST wrote into the story just prior to having Cam return Carol to her room, so that I could skip past the "return" part (without reading it again) on my next cycle through.

Sure enough, that worked (!!), the loop was finally broken and I was finally able to finish reading the remainder of the story. (Kudo's to self!)

So, in order that they might avoid having the problem that I encountered, my advice to anyone planning to read this story is this:

(a) Read the story comments before reading the story itself,

(b) look for my comment, and

(c) make a note of my unique solution, should they experience anything similar.

Good Luck, and Happy Holidays!

P.S. I am now wasting additional time trying to solve a new problem that I discovered, which involves how to inform future readers of their dire need to read this comment, before they have actually read it.

Ideas, anyone?

Nothingman83Nothingman83over 2 years ago

I have to admit that it turned out just the way I wanted it to. I love your stories and characters, especially Justice O. Peace. He reminds me of a friend who could play that part in a movie. Same scratchy Texas drawl and he lived in Tombstone several years where he worked part time as a "gun fighter". He also did some preaching when he lived in Texas.

Merry Christmas, SaddleTramp1956

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for an uplifting story for this season. Merry Christmas/Happy holidays and a Happy new year to you, your family and everyone reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS.

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. Thank you for giving such a warm Christmas tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to you saddletramp1956 and to Your Family. Enjoy the Holliday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A heartlifting story. Thank you, and Merry Christmas, Mr. Saddletramp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ain’t it nice to see, that even ole Saddletramp can get a little romance in his heart, at this time of year😀

Merry Xmas. KS

martin.marsenmartin.marsenover 2 years ago

Merry Christmas.

Thank you for the story.

012Say012Sayover 2 years ago

Merry Christmas

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This has been the first story of yours I’ve read. Glad I did! I am a huge fan of “A Christmas Story” and you created a wonderful version of it. Well done and Merry Christmas to you and your’s.

PmillPmillover 2 years ago

Good story. Little on the soft side for saddletramp1956 but what the hell, It's a Christmas story right? Shame it took divine intervention to wake the slut up. A smart girl should have been able to see that things might not end well.

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

Very nice take on scrooge …. Quite enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I not only like the cut of your cloth, I enjoy the characters you have created that the stories you put around them.

In short, I’m an fan.

Thank you for a great year of even greater stories and may yours be a very Merry Christmas!

-CCC aka Annonymous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Can't say I am too amused when you try tying stories together with weird characters of past stories.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Awesome story. You’ve crafted quite an interesting group of supernatural characters. Their exploits are fun to read, even when (like in this story) they’re just contributing their skills. Have a good Christmas, and as always, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Crap! All these star are from Starlite that just agree with you . But this was crap. You don't have to eat MYused CONDOMS . But close ! Stop being HDK crappy . You be you, you hear me you ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice Christmas story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 Stars and a Merry Christmas to you and your family

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this one. And as the "3 ghosts of Christmas" came to be, I recognized them from the "Flash" series. You did a great job placing them into the story, showing their strengths. This story brought tears to my eyes several times as well.

I really enjoy reading your stories, as they're original (except those that were started by someone else, as there's not much you can do when you're working around someone else's already established characters). Thank you for sharing this story with us.

TeggeTeggeover 2 years ago

Well done Saddletramp!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Saddletramp's stories are generally some of the best on the site. This story exceeds by far his other works.

Nice work Saddletramp and cannot wait to see how you can top this one!

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

Wow, that is hard to score. Is it a 4 or a 5? My rule of thumb is if it generates real emotion, a 5. Y ou did have the Charles Dickens template to use, but you made it your own by attaching to a LW story. Great job. full Marks.

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198over 2 years ago

Great story! If only it was this easy to get cheaters to see the wreckage they leave behind, but the foundations are already falling down and the structure is doomed before the affair fog starts to lift.

Solid 4 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story. Dear Saddletramp, Merry Christmas to you.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Maybe not Dickens, but it was saddletramp1956, and for my money that’s even better. Finally a great LW Christmas story.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 2 years ago

Well written story, good dialogue and storyline. Granted it was predictable but I read for enjoyment and it checked all the boxes for it. I haven’t read any other comments but I am sure there are too many negatives so just went with 5 stars (also because the author is a favorite and consistent poster with mostly enjoyable reading). I also really enjoy the authors ‘Notes:’ with where characters from story came from within there stories / universe!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading! And to all I hope a Merry Christmas and a Good New Year!

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Merry Christmas Tramp!!! Great story as always...

Chimney SweepChimney Sweepover 2 years ago

Well done, sir. Well done.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

Great Tramp story. ***** ; but, as much as I enjoyed the outcome, my heart broke for Ray when she told him that she had wanted Jake's dick. I know she bailed before completing the act, but ouch!! That had to hurt.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

An excellent retelling and like the original pulls at the heartstrings but with your unique twist to the characters. 5 from me.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Impressive!

Just a week after it was published and 244 comments already. Quite a compliment to a fine author.

A fun story and I even enjoyed the play on words in the title. Cute.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice twist on the Dickens classic, with a great outcome, please keep writing. Hope you have an enjoyable family Christmas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yet another fine tale from saddle tramp. Thank you. 5 stars.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Stunning. Thank you.

robdh51robdh51over 2 years ago
Thank You

Thanks for a great story. Really liked your twists

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh my God I've got tears running down my cheeks!

Your writing has such variability I've never failed to be impressed and touched by everything you written.

You really need to put together a book and anthology of sorts about the wonderful characters and extend the stray line for each one.

I can assure you I would buy it and out be willing to better a lot of other people would as well.

I have read everyone of your stories at least 3 to 4 times and have always been touched by them. Please please get some serious consideration to a book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

THANKYOU.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Great story on the Christmas Carol theme, thoroughly enjoyed it, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If Jake owns more than 50% of the company, he can change to corporate rules to any thing he wants! He can state that the CEO and any company employee can be married and still work at his company. If the Company Board disagrees with him then he would just fire those Board members and hire agreeable members.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

Dickens did it first and as we all know, he did it so well it was thought no one could do anything as good. Well, you did it just as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you, I was inspired by your story. I lost a few friends last year, and it's hard. My friends were family members. Once again thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Simply wonderful and not necessarily fiction. Some have to learn, money is not everything. Even I sometimes forget this. Be thankful for your blessings and help others if you can. We all, someday may need a hand up. Saddletramp, thanks so much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was not my cup of tea, so to speak, & the story was different than I expected. But as usual, it was well written & thought out, even if it did borrow heavily from "A Christmas Carol". However, even though it was a bit longer than I personally liked, I found it interesting, even with a tear or 2 falling from the time Carol helped that couple extending to decorating the house & Ray's return. Call me an old romantic that loved how things turned out.

As aid, it wasn't my kind of story, but well written & executed. Well done, Saddletramp1956. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My second read. The first was during the 2021 holiday season dealing with the impending loss of our father; the second most recently after our loss in late January. Fortunately, unlike Carol, we were able to embrace our father for his final Christmas. Your story is most heart warming;as are many of your works. Please keep writing.

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 2 years ago

I was unsure if I wanted to read such a long tale, but I am glad I did. Now the world needs a similar one for all the men who come off the rails in the same way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Unbelievable and unrealistic etc but better. Good escapism

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

God how I love your stories!!!!!!!

Please, PLEASE, write more! I've read all of these here a dozen times!!!!

highcountryrider :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Their never was Justice in my life. You got a big 5 for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved it! Thank you so much! I am reading my way down your alphabetical listing and they just keep getting better and better!!

Jim

Driven2ReadDriven2Readabout 2 years ago

My blood sugar level just spiked big time -- so much sweetness -- I LOVED IT... Another 5* story, how can you go wrong with Christmas, justice o peace, Dr. A, and to top it all off "a puppy" ... Can't believe I hadn't see this one.

genelookalike1genelookalike1about 2 years ago

As I've said to you before, never mind the nit-picking. I know all about artistic license. "A Christmas Carol" is one of MY all time favorite movies, especially the one with George C. Scott. This is a story that I'll revisit many many times. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Enjoy your time off as I rank you in the top 5 of writers here . Only Stang and Todd beat you . But then again that is Great company .. Sadly I hate the A Christmas Story

eljj546eljj546almost 2 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for this truly inspiring story.

Cito22Cito22almost 2 years ago

Fucking brilliant

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic take on Christmas Carol, and I truly mean it. The meshing of Justice and Dr. A was spot on. Although JC was a shithead, the ending was appropriate and Karma will be a bitch for him.

Grammar very good

Story line very good to excellent

Premise Excellent

Keeping my interest Excellent

The outcome was predictable, but the path to the end was excellent

Overall 4.8

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 2 years ago

What fun story. Loved the way you used your familiar characters we’ve grown to love in this creative adaptation of a Christmas classic. Also nice every once in a while to see someone one saved from making a mistake before it happens. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have to agree with what Lifeisadventure said 15 days ago. I also like to say dang right this is your universe so anything you want can happen in it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

And a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it (even if it is July)! Fast moving story with just a few twists 'n turns to excite the mind's eye. I enjoyed it all from start to finish. Great job, Author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story, well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nobody doesn't like a happy ending.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

8/15/2022

What a great story, the whole premise of where Carol was in her life and experiencing was so well written and the heartfelt story that ensued was one of the best stories I have ever read. Well done. 5/5

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

I loved this story when you posted this last year.. Your Twitter post about this story led me to reread and enjoy this story again ! Thanks.

dojdojover 1 year ago

I'm 74 years old and this sort of story always make emotional I loved it thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Boy, did she get lucky

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Simply wonderful, 10 stars isn't close! Carol thought the grass might be greener... and found out she had the world by the ass, right now!!

MCMaineNudistMCMaineNudistover 1 year ago

Dang. I sometimes get emotional for no reason at all… reading this story got me very emotional for all the right reasons. Wonderful story.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 1 year ago

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄 'nough said?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terrific Story. Reminds me of several great Hollywood "Angel Movies". Very unique and creative story for LW. This story rates a 5 PLUS.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

You took a classic story and put your own twist on it. It's well written, the characters are developed and you hit all of the important plot point. Even brought a tear to my eye.

5 Christmas Stars for this one.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A very different LW story. I'm sure we all know someone we wish would change just a little and become a better person and ourselves as well. Very well told tale and who knows? Maybe there are few people out reaching epiphany about there own lives at this time of year. 5 stars of course!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

By coincidence, I'm reading this on Dec 13th. Anniversary of the conception of my illegitimate son, (unknown to me for 10 years,) who I delivered, and loved. But it destroyed our family. He died Dec 4th 3 years ago, in a freak rainstorm, driving out of town to start a new life, away from the troubled memories he had near us and his irresponsible bio-parents. Cheesy story. 100 stars. God bless - we all need it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The writer is great and the story is novel, I have some issues regarding the main character. She was all set to have the affair. In fact she had probably been having an affair for several months/years albeit without the sex. And as Jimmy Carter said, "if you have lust in your heart, you have already cheated." I don't have a lot of faith in her ability to stay faithful. One of the hints is that she was rather benign in her distancing herself from the antagonist. The break wasn't forceful, swift and resolute. Lots of differences between Carol and Scrooge. Still 5 *****.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

You keep um coming Cowboy.. Your stories to me are awesome. Ppl need to remember that this is a free-no pay site. Even so they have a bunch of great writers here .... Such as yourself... So thank you for your stories. And I hope you Don't go riding off into the sunset anytime soon!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story about choices and consequences. Jake was certainly playing the really long game. She held up for years and years but started to cave in more recent time. Never let the fox in the hen house. She was fully committed to cheating that night, only focusing on what she wanted. She thought she wouldn't get caught or that Ray would forgive her. A one night slip influenced by alcohol or drugs is one thing, but what she did was premeditated and with a guy who has been tearing down her husband, pressuring her, and seducing her for years. Ray couldn't accept that and she woukd have lost everything. Always like Cameron. He is a neat character with cool abilities.

Joant43Joant43over 1 year ago

Enjoyable story. Well told and developed. Characters all held reader interest. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How do I give you six stars?

RodwhitebeardRodwhitebeardover 1 year ago

Yes, definitely worth six.

MeAReader2MeAReader2about 1 year ago

Fantastic. I would go with 6 also.

davezqdavezqabout 1 year ago

Wonderful and imaginative adaptation of the DIckens story, bringing it to modern days and including the Guardian Angels of Cam, Eli, and Adrestia, with whom we are all familiar. And I think there was even some lasagna. Masterful and upbeat. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I loved it. I gave it 5 stars. Nice adaption of a Christmas Carol. I really enjoy your story telling, and this one is a hit. I liked how you pulled some of the characters from other stories, especially the "3 wise men" who visited in the night, as I remember reading those stories here on Lit. I think this was also my 2nd time reading this story, as I remember the part of the family going to Wichita Falls before, as I used to live about 10 miles down the road from there and used to work in WF, TX. I lived in a little city just north of WF called Burkburnett (Named after a rancher named Burk Burnett). It's on the southern side of the Red River south of Oklahoma.` I think of that town whenever I read your stories about Hard Rock TX.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Superb story. Loved it. Loved the character meld. Needed 3 Kleenex while reading it. I love your stories. I will read every one of them and ask for more. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...