All Comments on 'Cassie'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

It's fine as it is! Good job, Bear.

5

HargaHarga7 months ago

I had to read the ending a couple of times, but good ending. 4*

saddletramp1956saddletramp19567 months ago

The Tramp approves! Thanks! 5*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith7 months ago

Wow! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Bronco56Bronco567 months ago

That was excellent. Great ending. And when the Tramp approves, you don't need anything else. 5stars

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMom7 months ago

Good ending 5 stars

KarnevilKarnevil7 months ago

A decent short story, probably too short. I feel this could have been worth another page. There's no need for anything more regarding the ending, it ends perfectly well as it stands. Well done and thanks.

Impo_64Impo_647 months ago

I agree with @Karnevil! No need for an ending! 4*

SyzyguySyzyguy7 months ago

Not sure it needs anything more - a neat little story of a tempted wife (it could equally have been a husband) seeing sense with a little help from karma. Thank you for posting it.

Omart57Omart577 months ago

FANTASTIC! Needs nothing else, Bear! Love it! Hope your week gets better.

other2other1other2other17 months ago

Loved it, she pulled out of the dove. Well done!

demanderdemander7 months ago

Really liked this one, Bear. D

GarySmith69GarySmith697 months ago

Yes good ending in these circumstances the question a person should ask themselves before they cheat on their partner is "Should I do this?" It depends on the person for the answer.

JH4FunJH4Fun7 months ago
No need to finish this one

LT56 the is no need to finish this one. It is good just the way you wrote it.

Yes there are many variations that could flow from your creation. But that is true of many great writers. I do look forward to seeing what comes of your challenge. I am content to just let it lay as written. It earned the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating I gave it.

Keep writing

JH4Fun

Bry1977Bry19777 months ago

This was great!! very well done!!

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Great job. Well done

AardieAardie7 months ago

She ready to cheat on her husband by intent. Will she continue to stay true when not called out for it by a supernatural being?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That was great, nice job. For what its worth i don't think it needs anything adding to it.

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

Outstanding ending, Bear. Beginning and Middle were very good also. No need for the cattle call, you took care of everything. Very nicely.

Mibal_ZahariMibal_Zahari7 months ago

Why would this story need an ending? The wife was having a crisis, pulled her head out of her ass, headed home at warp speed. All anyone could do past this point is screw it up.

5*

njlaurennjlauren7 months ago

Ok tale..the only real question is why would turning down temptation mean giving up her promotion? Is the implication that she was going to sleep with the client? It didn't sound like she was going to sleep with the bar guy. From the conversation with Karma it sounds like she was going to ( hence the outfit) but when karma says would it be worth it , it hasn't happened.

As it is written it doesn't need an ending, because she is heading home.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

I liked the story overall, but couldn't give it the top rated 5 stars as the story left me w/ too many questions. I agree w/ other commenters that the story seemed to indicate she had considered betraying her husband, but too many other items about the story were unanswered regarding what had already happened and what might be happening next. I am guessing that may have been by design, due to your stated intention to leave the story open to others to finish. Also, to be fair, I am not a fan of true mystery stories, which is where key details to the story remain a mystery even when the story is done. Finally, if the intent was to make this open to others to finish, why establish that she is not going to cheat (the most crucial point of the story), and leave side details unknown for other to finish? For my personal taste, for an unfinished story, I want a central plot point unestablished. However, I think that is a matter of my taste rather than anything being "wrong" w/ LT's writing. Still gets 4*

bhill8671bhill86717 months ago
I don't care what others think.

I liked it.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit7 months ago

Damn, that was good! Any additional ‘ending’ would not enhance the story. Just realized that earlier this evening I was just talking to a friend about watching the giants lose this weekend! Glad my wife isn’t traveling, and not a lawyer.

KtYe3XKtYe3X7 months ago

Short and sweet! Like it!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well I guess that was a "flash" scene or a moment in time but it wasn't one of your better musings. Certainly not much of a story. Too bad the Giants missed the playoffs but at least those idiot Dodgers are gone again.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So why was she gonna cheat? As a sort of victory lap? Just cuz she could? Boredom? What was the motivation?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

First, you don't end it, then you don't even bother putting any effort into it. I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

JensensloverJensenslover7 months ago

Will ALL of you who are giving permission for others to finish their stories STOP!!!! This is finished, doesn't need another ending or having the site poluted with the same damn story like it has been.

lujon2019lujon20197 months ago

so she WAS a faithful wife and Karma knew HOW she got the promotion meaning she no longer IS faithful

.

clever slut to quit her job so a divorce is even more financially ruinous for her husband

.

dont know how to score it until we find out how the husband reacts, but given they way you've written this start I'm guessing you'd make him a cuck

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What did she do that caused her confusion? Poor story otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice! Possible follow-up?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Glad she came to her senses

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Having freed herself from the self-flagellation caused by the influence of the Karma cloud, theoretically, she can still succumb to the charms of a seductive traveling companion or a cute steward and join the Mile High club. What else could the author mean by inviting everyone to write an ending in the spirit of the category "Loving Wives"?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree with the other comments, it seemed like a pretty good little vignette; I'm curious about what other potential writers might come up with, but it read fine the way you presented it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

All over the place…toooo jumbled to follow! Get yer shit together maan!

TonyGWTonyGW7 months ago

I agree with @Karneil and @Impo_64.

This doesn't need anything else it's perfect as is.

You built the character, gave her depth, described her dilemma and gave her a roadmap to resolution.

Over 50 works and this is among your finest, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Pure bullshit. The Cow does not approve.

Tomh1966Tomh19667 months ago

Wife overcomes temptation. Winner! 5*

Now do a longer more detailed one. We need more stories where the MC's win in the end.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It seems Karma saved the day for most of the persons in your story. Great little yarn. Very unusual ending for your story but no complaints from this reader.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu7 months ago

Good story about a good wife.

One question though: why was she in a fog??

Someone hypnotized her or drugged her then took her to the bar?

Oh I do get who Karma is and her role in this.

I'm just in a fog why the Cassie wan't herself om the bar....

Thanks LTBear

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There should probably be a few tests before issuance of a marriage license:

1. susceptibility to any Slut Ray<tm>

2. any instance of the phrase 'I deserve this'

3. one could argue the need for an IQ test

Enjoyable, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

@GarySmith69

No, the question should be, if I marry this person, it means I make a promise, a vow, a contract to fidelity. I am promising to keep my faith, in exchange for my partner doing the same. I am promising not to betray, so that I may live with the security that the person standing before me will have my back and not betray me either... so, can I make that commitment?

If the answer is yes, then you should not have to worry anymore, and your decision is already made.

That cute blond making eyes at me, even though she's seen my ring? She may be a pretty package, but she is already showing her true colours. She holds no respect for my wife, my children, my happiness, my integrity or my life. Her soul and her virtue is desolate.

So right now, she is the ugliest, filthiest creature in the room.

Every person in a committed relationship has a duty to not get personal and friendly with a dangerous outsider. Every person needs to know that when you are discovered, you have intentionally broken the heart of the one who loves you the most.

The decision is already made. Temptation dashes apart on the rocks of integrity. Your only thought, should someone try and tempt you, should be, "Fuck off, slag."

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

@GarySmith69 - A couple of decades or so ago there was a campaign going around on WWJD, What Would Jesus Do? Whether someone believes in Jesus or not, I always thought that it was a benchmark for ethical behavior. Any person lacking another standard to rely can't really go wrong with asking themselves this question.

@LT56linebacker - I'm glad to see Cassie woke up from her nightmare in the making. I think the story ends just fine. In reality who wants a member of their family or even a family friend making a mistake like Cassie was making? The good news about being off course is you can correct it. iF you do so before you run aground on the rocks!

rockdoctor63rockdoctor637 months ago

This was a very good story. although why was she in the bar and who was she with? Was she with the client? Did she get her promotion by having sex with the client?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

No need for an ending! This perfect little tale already has it — as Other2Other1 noted…she pulled out of the dive just in time.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

clever, but non-erotic

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

NICE! Short quick story, looks like Cassie nearly became a cheater! Loved how the guy puked. Poor bartender having to clean up the mess.

Thanks for sharing.

Olderman318Olderman3187 months ago

Nice & tidy Bear.

Love when Karma makes an appearance in your stories.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'd hit the eject button as soon as she told me. she had the intent, even if she bailed at the end. That's enough warning that the wiring has a problem that isn't going to be fixed with quitting a job and apologizing. It's going to happen again, the question is, will she cheat on you, or the next guy?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The moment she took her rings off and went to a bar dressed like a working girl, her marriage ended, whether she is ready to acknowledge it or not. Adios.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Is Denny’s an official sponsor of the Loving Wives category?

muskyboymuskyboy7 months ago

A Karma classic! Maybe a little more about she ended up sitting in the bar to know for sure, but it ended well! (unlike the Bears lately). 5/5 Thanks for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Stereotypical attempt at a parable.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Very well done, but it does leave questions. Do the Giants really have fans? Has Cassie done anything untoward going after that partnership? Really good story LT.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I appreciate the effort, but it fell short. Too brief, too obscure, and too cute. Anything worth doing is worth doing write. Try again.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great short story with the mystery aspect. I agree with other author commenters that it requires no additional ending. You covered all the bases, unless hubby was previously suspicious and had a PI on her tail. 5*

Cookingwithgas

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is a forum entry, not a story or even anything more than an idea, a musing. Don't muddy your "brand" with things like this. While many can appreciate the musings of a creative mind (my author/mother would 'muse' on envelopes from the mail that piled up on her desk), not everyone is self-aware and introspective enough to appreciate or imagine those qualities in another. No, engage in these types of "skylarking" in the very excellent Literotica forums or in some of the interesting email correspondence you maintain. Were the shoe on the other foot, would "the Bear approves" get bestowed? Sometimes, we need to get inside our own head, but it needs to be in good company on a friendly field. These fools will turn on you in a heartbeat.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker7 months agoAuthor

To 26thNC; That hurt. As a die NYG fan "Since my Dad, Grandpa, and my Uncle) took me to my first Giants game in Yankee Stadium (dating myself) and I sat three rows behind Y.A.Tittle on the Giants bench, I have been a Big Blue fan. Thanks for the commant. I like yur stuff, too.

The BEAR

fritz51fritz517 months ago

I had to read this again before commenting. It is stated by the storyteller, and convention says that info delivered that way can be counted on as true. So, did she seduce the client? Based on the story, nothing unprofessional was done to gain whatever it was from the client - was it a contract, an agreement, or some proposal that she was promoting? The story doesn't say, but it does say that "nothing shady or unprofessional" was done. Only that she was pleased with the results, assuring her promotion.

I got the impression that her presence in the bar was the first act of a planned reward of a night of passion, having removed her rings and wearing "fuck me" heels and dress, which she must have brought along.

However, her conscience interfered, causing her brain to fog up and take the form of a companion who questioned her plan. This intrusion snapped her back from entertaining a self-indulgent, foolish, breach of her husband's trust, to revising her flight home to one departing ASAP.

Orrrrrr - it didn't go unnoticed that others in the bar could see and interact with the Asian lady, who maybe was hired by hubby to keep an eye on Cassie because he had seen what she had packed for her trip... but even then there was a hint of supernatural, as the lady caused the man in the bar visions which made him puke.

So, the author asks - Did she cheat? I say no, she didn't. Was going to but didn't. Would hubby be pleased? Probably pleased that she didn't, but this didn't pass a husband test & if he knew he'd most certainly be pissed for some time as well as her "trust quotient" dropped several points & would likely cause him to initiate a trust / verify procedure.

If it was just her conscience, Cassie could take it to her grave and never repeat the dalliance.

If the Asian lady was hired, she'd make a report and Cassie would have to face the music.

Very thought-provoking... liked it a lot. 5 *s.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Clearly an indulgence that should have been suppressed. There's nothing really wrong with it, but as another Anon said, it belongs in the Author's Hangout as a musing. After that I have little or no interest in exploring your other stories. Think of it as "cheating"...or was it?

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Mr Bear, I thought you were speaking of the benighted SF Baseball Jints. I am a longtime Redskin, won’t say Commanders, and thus a semi Giants fan. I met the original LT56 at a summer football camp at Carolina. He a big fellow. I also read Lords of Discipline at least 6 times. We would get along fine.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I love a happy ending, and it is always great to see Karma show up in a story, as we all know Karma can be a bitch. Thanks for the effort bear KS

ZBSKRNZBSKRN7 months ago

Short sweet and too the point. Excellent story 5*

Regguy69Regguy697 months ago

My biggest concern is she planned everything out, made her reservations in advance, and included time for her selfish celebration. Secondly, her idea of a celebration was to fuck some stranger and (Presumably) revel in her debauchery and then delight in hiding it from her boring husband and family. Luckily, she got an attack of guilt which knocked the little devil off her shoulder. A faithful spouse never would have had more than just a fleeting thought of doing such a thing.

As for those who complained it was not enough of a story to post, I disagree. The volume of comments says the story spoke to a number of folks. Well done, Bear.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Four stars. A really good vignette, not a story.

JPB

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

Hmm another fantasy of a living krama story. These same theme stories are starting to come out in threes. Yeah think I read too much here to start seeing patterns lol

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

I could use my skills to hack Donna's emails and phone but I wouldn't do that. If I did it would show no trust and for me that ended a marriage.

At that point of the story how was there still trust

WargamerWargamer7 months ago

Yeah, l liked it, you are a softy at heart aren’t you?

5/5

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker7 months agoAuthor

To Wargamer- Yup. To enderlocke77- Who the hell is Donna?? Thank you, guys, for reading and commenting. This site is much easier on my sensibilities when I write like this.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The Bear has it along with five stars.

OOAAOOAA7 months ago

Nice Karma story! ;)

oldmanbill69oldmanbill697 months ago

Geeze ! I love karma like this ! 5all day long.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story (The Anonymous approves!) lol. 5 stars

If you wanted the story to end there I thought it was a pretty good ending. A continuation would be good too. She didn't actually cheat so I think a happy ending is warranted. Thank god for our sexy girl Karma

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades6 months ago

Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

First, let me say that I have no issue with where you ended it. For what the story was, that was a perfect place to cut it off. In fact, I personally would have done the fade to black after she decided to join Angela in starting a law firm. The bar scene was okay, but not nearly as powerful as an ending.

-

That said, I do have an issue with where you started the story. I understand you're attempt to introduce her family so the reader knows what she's risking. If you were going to extend the story to her returning and interacting with them, it would probably work better. With where you chose to end the story, they were better left to her searching for her rings and seeing her screen saver picture. That would make it less about them as individual characters and instead focus on her feelings for them and the realization of what she was risking. It would also take out the extraneous bits like the brother and the football game that just distracted from the actual story line.

-

A side benefit of cutting out those two parts is that you probably would be left with a really good contender for the next 750 word challenge.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

An interesting little tale. 4 stars.

As I understand the story, Cassie hasn't cheated but the intent was there. Her cheating or not had nothing to do with her job or satisfying this client but with her moral failing and opportunity. Only her guilty conscience (Karma) prevented her from following through with her cheating plan. Why this near failure on her part would cause her to reevaluate her professional goals and aspirations doesn't make sense to me. What she had planned wasn't about her current job, but about her moral character and commitment to her marriage and family. Changing jobs wouldn't eliminate all future cheating temptations if her fidelity is only dependent on her proximity to her family or any opportunities to stray.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

FANTASTIC and Clever!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

With dreams that conjure up stories such as this you may wish to go a bit easier on the spicy foods for dinner.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I love that wonderful bitch called Karma !

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Looks like it's only a matter of time before this slut cheats. There's too much premeditation here for it to not be considered cheating; only an attack of conscience stopped her from going through with it. All the dressing up is one thing (bear in mind she'd pack that in advance) but she took her damn rings off. Need I say more? Unless she confesses all this to the husband and they work through the issues that caused her to want to cheat, it's pretty much guaranteed to occur at some point in the future.

mathur_nkmathur_nkabout 2 months ago
Cheating as self reward : not even the boss or collegue

This woman is self rewarding herself a pickup at a bar far away in another town. It is not even a slip with collegue or plan with boss. There is no reason for Karma to give her visions and warnings to save her and her family. She must awake herself with conscience.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...

SIMILAR Stories