All Comments on 'Castaway Forever'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

As a fan of the deserted island genre, I really liked the first two-thirds of this story, but found it almost too pat, too easy, particularly with Kailani speaking English, finding salvageable equipment, etc., and with Kailani taking an instant like to Roy. I thought it would have been better if they'd had to work harder to survive, to communicate, and to get to know each other before reaching the certain point. Their ultimate victory was just too easy.

.

The last third or so explained why it was so easy, providing answers for the missing hows and whys and it turned out to make sense, but it still left a lot on the table. As a result, this one felt rushed, like quantity over quality and doesn't meet ronde's usual high standards.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Interesting story!

5

SlithyToveSlithyTove7 months ago

Well-written, as all your stories consistently are, but kinda whacky in a lot of ways. The whole terrarium things has of course been done before, and the way you approached it almost makes this seem like two completely separate stories. I can't really decide if I need/like the whole sci-fi part or if it really adds anything to the equation, honestly.

BrasskittyBrasskitty7 months ago

The matrix... Wonderfull story.....

Crusader235Crusader2357 months ago

Loved this story, and the twist at the end. Five stars.

Ravey19Ravey197 months ago

Being put in SFF category gave the story away a little, or, at least, left open the possibility of ET involvement. To me, well thought out and executed.

WilCox49WilCox497 months ago

I greatly enjoyed the first part. The ending twist, no. Unlike Ravey19, I hadn't noticed the category. (I follow you, so I went straight from that listing, which doesn't include category.) I didn't find the ending added anything at all worth saying.

.

I hope I'll like your next one better. I probably will, based on your stories I've read.

LitCritLitCrit7 months ago

Hmmm, different... not sure if I like it or not - I think I'll let this one rest a bit and come back to it in a month or so to see how it reads then. There's something disquieting about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Possibly it has to do with how many of the stories on Literotica portray the males as clueless dupes who have to be led by the pecker before they can make a move on the females? Something about leaning so far over to avoid being pushy that they fall flat on their faces? Maybe something else that feels just a little off? I'll think on it and get back to you.

Old_LionOld_Lion7 months ago

Ronde swings...and misses!! This had such a promising start and you morphed it into a freaking Alien Abduction with a nasty end. Sorry didn't like it.

Diecast1Diecast14 months ago

Ended up an average story. Sorry , I enjoyed the beginning but it faded badly at the end. AAA+++

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Agree with other comments - good start, good tension points. Ended abruptly. Needs plot work — with both sets of principles.

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

Willing suspension of disbelief immediately engaged. Quixotic humour. Well written. Well done.

LitCritLitCrit3 months ago

Ok, I read it again and it is really clever. A nice twist on the alien abduction theme - and a well concealed left turn until we hit Pg. 3. I'm still not happy with how long it takes Roy to pull his head out of his ass (good thing Kailani is patient and doesn't have a viable alternative) but that seems to be a theme on Lit - that men are timid and have to wait for their gal to grab them by the ears (or other available appendage) and drag them to bed. 5 star effort.

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Was a greats tory and then it morphed into "something"? D

Did the author take some mind bending Hallucionarry drugs?

Destroyed the story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...