All Comments on 'Castles'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
cursrahcursrahalmost 2 years ago

great job, the story was a really great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not what I was expecting, but once I started reading I couldn't stop. I have read hundreds of these stories and never once seen this discussed by characters or anyone else for that matter. What a brilliant story. I'm officially a fan.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Spectacular writing, as usual. You capture pathos so well that I get closely involved with both characters. The depth of these characters makes them so alive I find myself trying on and walking a bit and in their shoes. Thus you accomplish that rarest and of authorial objectives.I so identify with them I find myself being persuaded into an entirely differing point of view.

Again exceptional writing effort.

5 well deserved stars

stev2244stev2244almost 2 years ago

Great story, although this is not my usual category.

I'm looking forward to seeing more at the 23rd of July event.

VickiT375VickiT375almost 2 years ago

I don’t usually read this genre, but I love your writing so much. I was pulled into the characters immediately. Loved her confidence and strength. Beautiful as always.

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago
Always Amazing

This was particularly exceptional story, I really loved the slow build and ending was really something else.

CagivagurlCagivagurlalmost 2 years ago

wow, what a story. Truly a beautiful tale. Your ability to write such beautiful colourful characters always amazes me...

Five stars..

Cagivagurl

Bh76Bh76almost 2 years ago

Great read. Thank you!

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 2 years ago

Great characters, great story, a great read.

An easy 5 stars.

Hooked

cementhead35cementhead35almost 2 years ago

Another awesome story from Randi! Well written; insanely funny; rich characters. Thank you so much!

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Very romantic, loved it. Her vernacular was all over the place though, which was a bit distracting. I know you don't do many sequels but you could do one with this story, in the Romance category. Thanks for this story.

Ilovetophoto68Ilovetophoto68almost 2 years ago

OMG!!! Your story was amazing. Thank you

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 2 years ago

Well developed story expertly told with two strong characters centering the story. The delightful character of Meyers really made this story the success it is.

Well done, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yes. Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I loved it! So well written. A great read.

taco1085taco1085almost 2 years ago

loved the story, just wish it was longer and more chapters. would love to have seen a surprise where she got pregnant in the last castle and maybe her girlfriend moves in with them to throw people off as to who is with who...

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 2 years ago

Believable characters working through their lives. A beautifully related story. 5*, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great writing. A personal wish. Would love to have seen Meyers dressed up in lingerie for Daddy. But, no complaints. A wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Perfect writing. Perfect editing. I loved the slow build, the way they obviously loved each other and I'm in love with Meyers. Lucky man. Five stars.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 2 years ago
Nice Randi!

What a sweet story! Thanks for writing!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

A slow build working on the rationalization of their illicit conjugation. The gradual seduction of each other. While never having a feeling like professed by our characters in this story I'm sure this kind of thing happens. I do have 5 daughters but they are my children and I could never think of them any other way. Good writing though.

SsacamSsacamalmost 2 years ago

Another great story Randi, slow build with the characters with a good ending.

Ssacam

yhgtbkyhgtbkalmost 2 years ago

Another great story. Could there be another chapter about the move to Tucson?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What in the world is Ion? I don't want to?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Needs a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

First, let me say that it’s an excellent story. Five stars. No question about it.

My only complaint doesn’t affect the grade I gave, only the flow of the story for me. I simply don’t understand how a young woman who has been raised by a man, for 19 years, seems to have learned her speaking skills from a ‘Hooked on Ebonics’ class when the man obviously has articulate speech and enunciation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. I loved the gradual build-up to the ultimate prize of mutual deep love.

5*

BJ

Hottdreams80720Hottdreams80720over 1 year ago

Loved the story and the build up to the hook. I am really enjoying your stories.

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 1 year ago

Amazing 5-star story. I also agree with Anonymous from 3-months ago. In the beginning of the story, Meyers use of slang was what I consider consistent with a child born of black & white parents. As the story progressed, her use of black vernacular increased. There is a lack of consistency between the first 25% of the story, and the remainder. Now, I find nothing wrong with the use of black vernacular (being African-American), but the change in her use is out of place.

Nekomusume_DaisukiNekomusume_Daisukiabout 1 year ago

I agree that this deserves a follow up. I want to see more of these two...

ToughSailorToughSailor4 months ago

Great story especially with the attended travelogue. I knew at the onset that it was going to be a keeper when it was revealed that Meyers was in possession of a cherry deuce coupe ("32 Ford"). That aside, the plot-line was a measured and flawless segue. The racial scenario was as much appreciated. Keep 'em coming . . . .

shadrachtshadracht3 months ago

Loved it. I loved how you built the loving backstop as we went along, and then slowly added the sexual intimacy. At the end, it was hot and sweet and warming. Just lovely. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is my first read of this tale, a good story but my favorites are 'Vagabonds' , 'Someone to Love Us' , 'Turn the Page' and 'You Can Go Home Again'. Thank you Randi. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...