Category Three

Story Info
Size matters - for better or worse - in a future society.
9.8k words
4.1
25.3k
42
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good morning, David," said the computer as it did every day. But this was no ordinary day; this was the first day of transition. David and his classmates had all turned eighteen and completed their General Certificate of Education. However, they would remain in Sector 7G State School for another month as they completed their transition to adult society.

He woke in the same 2m by 3m compartment he'd lived in for the last 13 years since he left the creche. Bunk, desk, toilet and shower all squeezed together, the large screen across from the bunk his constant companion. David had never been outside - the school and much of society as a whole was underground - but everyone said the screen was just the same as a window.

"Please perform your ablutions and callisthenics and then shower as usual," said the computer from the screen, displaying a sunrise over rolling fields. It was a view from before the Collapse and the radical changes it had wrought on society. "You will then be joined by Florence for the start of your transition lessons."

David opened his eyes wide. Joined by Flo? Florence was his class partner and had shared a desk with him for those 13 years. She was also very, very cute. She had wavy blonde hair and a wide, smiling mouth, big, blue eyes and dimpled cheeks. David often found himself daydreaming about her. The unisex school uniform revealed little of the body underneath but Flo's bulged out tantalisingly at the chest and rear. Sometimes, as he drifted off to sleep, David felt his daydreams deepening into something else. And perhaps this was the start of that something else. Speculation about the exact nature of transition was rife in the class and some of the speculation tended towards the lurid...

"David, your ablutions," interrupted the computer.

He shrugged off that thought, got out of bed, folded his nightshirt and placed it under his pillow. He went to the toilet and then followed the exercises on the screen. Callisthenics complete, he quickly showered and brushed his teeth. As he started to dress as usual, the computer interrupted him again.

"There is no need to put your uniform on yet, David."

David stopped in confusion and looked down at the towel wrapped around his waist. "But why?"

"Florence will be here shortly and I will explain then."

Florence was indeed there shortly; her compartment was just across the corridor from David's and she knocked on the door only minutes after the computer's strange announcement.

"Hi," said David. He felt very uncomfortable standing there in just a towel. Flo was dressed as normal in her coveralls.

"Hi," she echoed, sounding equally uncomfortable. She was holding a pack of some sort in her hand. "Can I come in?"

"Oh, right. Yeah, sure. Um, come in."

There was nowhere for them to sit apart from the bed so they sat side-by-side facing the screen. A few awkward moments of silence stretched between them until the computer filled the void.

"Welcome, David and Florence, to the start of transition. You will shortly proceed to Miss Colchester's classroom as normal. However, before that, you must complete an initial assignment."

Flo blushed and fiddled with the pack in her lap. It seemed like she had more idea what was going on than David.

"Florence, did you bring the pack?" She nodded. "And you have been briefed on how to measure David's penis?" She nodded again as David felt his jaw literally drop. "Good, I will now place myself into privacy mode for 10 minutes to allow you to complete the assignment."

Flo unzipped her pack and pulled out a pad, a pen, a ruler and what looked like a blank name badge. She did all of this without saying a word or making eye contact. She took her time but there was only so long she could string out the task for. She swallowed and finally spoke.

"So like the computer said, I'm going to measure you. Then I need to write it on the badge and you need to wear it to class."

David was gobsmacked. The idea of having his penis measured by Flo was overwhelming enough but he'd assumed that would be entirely between them. He'd started to think this might be the prelude to further assignment between the two of them that might develop into, well, he wasn't quite sure.

But actually he was going to have to wear his penis size on his chest? Why!?

He realised Flo was now looking expectantly at him. "Um, okay," he said.

Flo rolled her eyes slightly. It was the same sort of quick, affectionate gesture of despair as when he hadn't been paying attention in lessons.

"So you need to get undressed. Or, like, completely undressed," she corrected herself as she looked at his half naked body.

Swallowing, David undid his towel and stood naked in front of someone else for the first time since he'd been in the creche as a child. He stood there for a moment, unsure what to do next, and then sat down.

"Is that it then?" Flo asked, pointing toward his crotch. "Your, you know?"

"Yes," said David, looking down. His penis seemed so small and defenceless as it lay there in his pubic hair.

"It needs to be..." Flo paused and blushed harder, staring at the strange third thumb between his legs. "I need to measure your penis in its erect state."

"Oh," was all that David could think to say.

"Can you do that? Make it go hard?" Flo sounded confused but curious.

"Not exactly. Not like, I dunno, clicking my fingers."

"So what do we do?"

Flo continued to stare directly at his penis as she said this and David wondered if it looked like she had expected. He knew that she didn't have a penis but had only the vaguest grasp of what she might have instead. But perhaps, he suddenly realised, this was his chance to find out.

"Perhaps you could get undressed too?" asked David tentatively. Just the idea of it caused him to swell slightly.

"What? Of course not! The briefing didn't say anything about that." Flo had reacted in complete horror to the idea which David thought a bit rich given how completely exposed he was. Any emerging arousal was quickly dampened down by her emphatic response.

"So what did the briefing say?" David asked, slightly put out.

"Well..." Flo turned her head away, breaking eye contact with his penis for the first time since he'd removed the towel. "It said manual stimulation might be required."

Manual stimulation was usually frowned upon. The computer would intervene if it believed David was spending too much time washing certain areas in the shower. And David knew from furtive discussions with his peers that this was not unique to him. The computer had turned itself off now though, and David could touch his penis as much as he wanted. But he was struck by the furtive way Flo disclosed this element of the briefing. It begged a question...

"Manual stimulation by whom?"

Flo didn't say anything for a second. "It said I might need to hold it to take the measurement and that manual stimulation had the added bonus of promoting erection."

"Well, that sounds very sensible," said David, desperate to keep any note of excitement out of his voice. "I think you should follow those instructions to complete the assignment."

Flo frowned slightly but didn't disagree. Her eyes flickered up to his briefly and then back down to his penis. She reached out a finger and touched the head of his penis. "It's warm," she murmured to herself. David kept quiet but mentally urged her on. She stretched her hand out and grasped him, almost as if shaking hands. David was ecstatic - a fact that soon became clear to Flo.

"I felt it move! I think... I think its growing!" Despite her discomfort with the situation, the excitement in her voice was clear.

It was growing. Flo's hand on his penis was a heavenly delight and David watched with pride as it lengthened and thickened until it was bigger than his index finger. He felt immensely male and mature; childhood was behind him and he and his penis were on their way to adult society. We wondered what other assignments he and Flo would have over the next month.

"That's it, right?" His speculation was interrupted by Flo's voice. "Like, that's as big as it gets?"

"Yeah," agreed David, a slight hitch in his voice. His penis was as big and stiff as it had ever been. It felt huge as it throbbed between his thighs in her warm little hand.

Still holding firmly onto his member, Flo put down the ruler and diligently jotted the number on the card she'd be provided: 4.1. Her tongue poked out of the corner endearingly, her pretty face in deep concentration. David realised with a sudden horror that her touch and sexy studiousness had initiated a chain reaction in his testicles.

"Flo..." he began to say but he was too late to complete his warning.

A thin rope of jism spurted from the eye of his penis and splattered against her wrist. A few weak aftershocks then dribbled down onto Flo's palm.

"Ew, David! Gross!" Flo squeaked, letting go of his penis in alarm.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, it just sort of happened." David was mortified.

"Yes, well, try and have a bit more self-control." Flo stood up abruptly. "I've completed the assignment so I'm going to go. I need to wash before class starts," she added pointedly.

Before David could say anything, she had gone, leaving him sat on his own looking down at his shrivelled, sticky penis.

* * *

David sat down in the same seat at the same double desk as he did every day. He was soon joined by Flo as usual. He smiled at her as he did every morning and she smiled back, although both their smiles were slightly strained. The morning had been very far from ordinary so far but surely the accident at the end of their assignment had just been a little blip in their rapidly evolving relationship.

As the class were settling down, Miss Colchester came into the room. While the girls' shapeless uniforms seemed almost designed to conceal, their teacher left the class in no doubt about the shape of a woman's body. She stood in black high heels at the front of the class in a grey pencil skirt that clung tightly to the flare of her rump and a white blouse that projected out from her considerable bosom. Her dark brown hair was up in its usual bun above her black-framed glasses and her shapely legs were encased in their usual stockings.

"Good morning, class."

"Good morning, Miss Colchester," they all chorused back.

"Of course, you are still my class but you are no longer my pupils. You are all citizens now; ladies and gentlemen rather than boys and girls. I'm so very proud of you all and sad that this will be our last month together as a class."

Her pride was echoed in the smiles of the class.

"Now," she continued briskly, scanning the room, "I can see all the gentlemen are wearing their badges as requested. This is an essential element of transition so my thanks for complying so promptly and also to the ladies for their assistance in the task."

Her words, so innocuous, generated a low hum of embarrassment and anticipation in the room. What had been the purpose of this morning's task? They knew they would not have to wait long to find out.

"I'd like all the boys - sorry, I mean gentlemen; it will take me a while to get used to that! - to come to the front of the class."

Miss Colchester's slip-up was greeted by polite laughter from the female half of the class but the male half was preoccupied by the rest of her request. David looked around and saw others glancing around nervously too. After a slight delay, the 14 boys all rose and made their way to the front.

"Excellent. Now arrange yourselves along the front please. Low numbers to my right and then up in order to my left. Well, chop chop!" she added as the boys continued to mill around uncertainly.

David had obviously seen the others were wearing badges but had not looked closely at any of them. Now the boys all started to peer at the badges on each other's coveralls. Danny was nearest with 5.8 written on his. Standing nearby David saw another five, two sixes, a seven... He shuffled to the side. Another five so he moved along a bit more. As he moved further from the centre, he noticed most of the boys who had started to the right of the room were moving in the opposite direction. Eventually the bunched male mass had spread itself out into a single line along the front of the class and David realised, heat rising in his cheeks, that there was no one to the right of him. What did it mean? Was it important?

"Very good, gentlemen," said Miss Colchester, strolling up and down the line as if inspecting the troops. "Yes, all nicely in order." She stopped at the left hand side in front of Luke and turned to address the girls still sat at their desks.

"The first lesson of transition - and one of the most important tenets of our society - is that citizens are divided into three categories. One of the purposes of transition is to separate new citizens into these categories. For ladies, this happens at the end of the process; for young men, the beginning. Now, as it turns out, we are lucky enough to have examples from all three categories of male in front of us so that will be beneficial to your collective education."

There were whispers from the seated girls and the boys were glancing at each. None of them knew exactly what was going on but it was clear that the boys had all been arranged by penis size and that this would help determine their citizenship category. David felt his blush deepen and a strange feeling started in his stomach. To his growing disgrace, his penis - which he'd always thought respectable, even impressive - was the smallest of all his peers and this was much more important to his future than he had ever imagined. He swallowed as Miss Colchester continued.

"The vast majority of citizens are in category two and that is reflected here. The primary determinant for a category two male is an erect penis length of between five and seven inches. So..." She walked down the line and stopped just next to David. "From Tony here - just! - over to..." She walked back up to Luke. "Jack," she finished, placing her hand on the shoulder of the penultimate boy.

"Category two males are entitled - and expected! - to procreate once a week. This process will commence from today. Following the end of lessons, class partners will return to the gentleman's compartment. There they will receive instruction and advice by computer on how to engage in the act of sexual intercourse. The aim, of course, is impregnation and the conception of a new generation of citizens. Following on from today's initial partnership, a rota will then be circulated for the following weeks. So, by the end of the transition period, you will all have had a chance to procreate with four different partners."

The whispers had grown as she'd been speaking and now the girls were openly talking to each other in tones of hushed excitement. Miss Colchester smiled indulgently and allowed the conversations to continue for a few moments, something she certainly wouldn't have allowed when they had been pupils.

Meanwhile the boys were grinning. The queasy feeling in David's stomach started to ease. His class partner was going to be his sex partner! All his fantasies about Florence would be coming true!

"That's enough now, ladies," Miss Colchester said as the hubbub continued. Everyone immediately quieted down. "Category two males, you can take your seats now, thank you."

As they returned to their seats, the boys took their own opportunity to quickly gossip to each other. But as they filed away, David realised it was now just Miss Colchester, himself and Luke at the front of the class. And the feeling in his tummy started to come back.

David had never particularly liked Luke. He never tried hard in lessons or seemed to care about the outcome. In the refectory he was noisy and in the gymnasium he was rough, a fact amplified by the fact he was one of the biggest and bulkiest boys. David has always assumed he was destined for a fairly ignominious role in society, probably involving manual labour. But it now seemed that David's studious and polite life had not been as important for the transition to society as he had assumed and that other factors - those he had no control over - were more important..

"Bunch up, bunch up!" said Miss Colchester impatiently. Lost in reflection, it took David a moment to realise this was directed at him and Luke. Reluctantly, he moved into the centre of the room. As Luke approached, he couldn't help himself from focusing on the badge pinned to the other boy's chest. It read: 8.3. David's stomach lurched. Even Luke could have solved this maths problem; his penis was more than twice the size of David's. Looking up from the badge, David found Luke grinning at him cockily.

"As I said, we are lucky enough to have both a category one and a category three male in the class. Please get undressed, gentlemen."

There was total silence in the room.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Miss Colchester asked as if her request had been no more controversial than asking them to get out their books and pens. "We haven't got all day."

Luke went first, kicking off his shoes and unzipping his coveralls. David followed more slowly. They stood side by side in their briefs, David conscious that his class mate was considerably taller and more muscular than him. And - his stomach started to clench again - considerably better endowed as proclaimed by both the badge he had discarded and the substantial bulge in his briefs. David's only briefs seemed virtually flat and it felt like his penis was burrowing up into his body to hide.

"I asked you to get undressed. Why have you stopped?" asked Miss Colchester "Hurry up so we can continue the lesson."

Both boys looked at Miss Colchester and, conditioned by a lifetime of obedience to her, pulled down their briefs simultaneously.

There was uproar from the class.

Not whispering. Not even chattering. No, gasps and exclamations of surprise. Yesterday, the boys in the class had seen precisely one penis and the girls zero. This morning, the girls had drawn even with the boys. Now the whole class were staring at two penises of extreme contrasts and understood for the first time the diversity of the male member.

"Settle down, settle down," said Miss Colchester as if presenting a pair of naked men to a classroom of people was an everyday occurrence for her.

From the perspective of the class, it was if they were being presented with two entirely different pieces of anatomy. Or even different species. David's penis cowered like a baby mouse in his nest of pubic hair, hardly visible. Luke's weighty member, on the other hand, dangled proudly on display like an elephant's trunk. His erect penis might have been twice David's penis but flaccid he was four times the size of the other boy. At least. The contrast was almost humorous - although not to David, of course.

"I said settle down! And stop giggling, ladies; you are citizens, not schoolgirls."

The class immediately came to order as Miss Colchester began to lecture them.

"As you will be able to surmise, David here is a category three male. Whilst not erect currently, he clearly comes up a bit short for the minimum manhood standard for category two. Well, more than a bit. But not to worry! David will still be able to become a happy and productive member of society, although some career paths will be prohibited and obviously he will not have a full vote. And, of course, he is ineligible for procreation."

There were whispers from the seated class and Tony - sporting a 5.1 badge - looked like he'd had a heart attack. David's mouth dropped. He was shocked and appalled. Why "obviously" and "of course"? Why had none of this been mentioned at any point in their schooling? His fantasies of a naked Flo in his arms suddenly evaporated. Ineligible for procreation? Forever?