All Comments on 'Cathy & Mark: A Sibling Romance'

by Bobcatatonic

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers sang "The Time of My Life," by NOT Patrick Swayze

Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers sang "The Time of My Life," by NOT Patrick Swayze

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Obviously a youngster...

…But saw Dirty Dancing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Patrick Swayze is appropriate

"(I've Had) The Time of My Life" was recorded by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes and used as the theme song for the 1987 film Dirty Dancing, which starred Patrick Swayze.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Great story I was so into it I never stopped reading till it was done. I have always wished I had a sister

I wish you both the best and you have a long happy relationship

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Writing could use some work

You don’t have to explain every joke and drag every sentence along. Mix it up a little.

cementhead35cementhead35over 3 years ago

Generally well-written & readable. One caveat...'Time of My Life' is Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes...not (to the best of my knowledge) Patrick Swayze tho he sort of lip synced it in the movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sweet story

Could have stopped at the "Not Yet?"

LegallySaneLegallySaneover 3 years ago
Absolutely

the worst description of pre-sex, more pre-sex, and actual sex ever.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 3 years ago

Just a note, but unless I read this wrong, you credited Patrick Swayze for singing a certain song and that wasn't correct. Bill Medley was the correct artist.

exhultantexhultantover 2 years ago

The story of intercourse between siblings has many opportunities to fully describe their coupling, the juices, the thrill that runs through both their bodies. Too much of the detail was missing, however the general topic has much excitement as the story proceeds. Well worth a score of 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wait is this story actually real? Like it's not fiction? I'm confused. Regardless, I hate the fact that Gordon and Janet immediately assumed that Mark is the bad guy and that it's all his fault, just because he's a male. Such a sexist view

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

In a way a brother/sister carnal relationship is ideal so long as all the best elements of a committed relationship exist and regrets don’t work their way to divide the couple. Incest discovered can bring in lots of baggage. We don’t live in a society where anything goes so log as everyone is of legal age.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

A very nice standalone story, well written and much enjoyed.

bseeker6969bseeker6969over 1 year ago

I love it when a plan comes together - but not when it crashes and burns in the end.

CunniliqueCunnilique12 months ago

How could they born from the same mother if they are born two months apart?

Geko55Geko558 months ago

I don’t want to hear their story, this is yours you idiots

YSpammerYSpammer18 days ago

The story was nice, I always prefer romance to lust (and this was finely balanced) and the brother being a gentleman was an added plus.

The pacing could have been smoother after their exit from the pool and not going into the details of the "date" was a wasted opportunity, but I understand that going over 4 pages also has its drawbacks... There's been a few typos and repeated use of the same words within the same paragraph and I tend to cringe whenever a character refers to their sibling as "[big] brother/sister" more than 40% of their dialogue outside of the bed (where it can be excused as an extra turn-on). Cathy being called "Squirt" was great, him (Jason? Justin? Can't even remember the name, so little was it used) almost exclusively "Big brother" was way too much... Overall, 4 stars with a promise for better with practice or help of an editor.

And yeah, duds, Time of my life is a duet by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes, but 35+ years later when neither name has any credit to the gen Z, it's easily understandable that a teenager (and I mean Cathy, not the author) would confuse the actor for the singer. Especially if there IS a song that Patrick Swayze wrote and sang himself withtin the same movie ("She's like the wind"; written for another movie where it wasn't accepted, but gladly picked up for the Dirty Dancing)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous