Caught Cheating? Equalized

Story Info
Wife confesses to cheating, but did she?
5.6k words
3.93
26.3k
35
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
awyldside
awyldside
68 Followers

This is my edited version of Cagivagurl's "Caught Cheating Well Maybe". I have permission from the author to tell my version of a great story. Sometimes you read a story and think, "That's not what I would have done". Here is my twist on excellent story.

This is a story of Fiction. Not real.

For you hard core folks, the only sex is at the end.

Thank you Cagivagurl for letting me do this.

Caught Cheating? Equalized.

The news Jim got that day shocked and amazed him. Having known Bob for over twenty years and having worked so closely with him he trusted him implicitly. There could be no possible reason for him to lie.

He left the office nearly on time for the first time in months. With his new contract coming due his life had totally focused all his attention on the contract renewal, the big raise and promotion. Home life was finally going to go back to normal, or so he thought. All he had left was to dot the "I's" and cross the "T's". He missed a social life and spending time with his wife and kids. He thought she understood.

He actually beat his wife Stephanie home. He was waiting in the kitchen and touched a button on his phone when she walked in with a big smile on her face.

"Hey honey, how come you're home so early?" she asked.

They had the house to themselves, the kids were off at camp so they weren't going to be interrupted or worry about what was said.

She walked over to give him the usual welcome home kiss but his demeanor was icy cool, his face taut, he turned his head away causing her to give him a quizzical confused glare, "What's the matter?"

"How long Steph...?"

"What?"

"HOW LONG?" He raised his voice.

She grimaced, understanding his question immediately, "I see, who told you?"

"It doesn't matter who or how, I just want the truth."

Leaning back against the counter top her hands gripping tightly, "A month or so." Her eyes never deviated, she stared determinedly, her gaze never moving, and her cold eyes stared deeply into his bare soul.

"Is that it...is that all you have to say?"

"Well it is the question you asked, did you want more information."

"How could you...after all these years...for the love of god why?"

"Oh don't be so melodramatic, it's not like I killed someone."

"You're having an affair for god's sake, you're having sex with another man while married to me! Adultery!"

She turned away as if nothing had happened, "What do you want for dinner?"

"I asked you a question...' raising his voice again, WHY?"

"You want to know why? Let me tell you why. You're never here, you work fifteen hours a day, you ignore me all the time, it's like I don't even exist. We haven't made love for weeks and that's been going on for too long. I'm still young Jim, I have needs. What did you think was going to happen?"

With his voice dripping sarcasm he hissed, "I work hard for us, so we can get all the things we talked about, so the kids can have a good life, the things we never had as kids. As for not being here I'm exhausted, bloody hell woman I'm working for us."

"Bullshit you do it for yourself, you're so tied up in that damn job everything else gets pushed to the back. When was the last time you went to a game with the kids? When was the last time you went to parent teacher night?"

Sighing deeply and sucking in a deep breath he said coldly, "You are the one who wanted the new car...the nice house..."

"Like hell that was all you, it's the way it is with you, it always has to be the best, the newest, the brightest."

"FOR MY FAMILY!!" Yelling now. "So you think that gives you the right to cheat?"

Shrugging she muttered, "No, probably not, but I got sick of masturbating, I got sick of doing everything for myself. Now what do you want for dinner."

"Fuck dinner." he snapped, "I want to talk about this right now."

"What...you want details, is that it? You want to hear about what we do?"

"No you bitch, I want to know why didn't you talk to me? Why run off and fuck some other guy?"

Sighing she grimaced, "You know Jim, I think I tried to talk to you just about every night but you were always too tired, too busy or just plain not interested. Why did I go elsewhere? Because it was easier than booking a meeting with you."

Staring at her he snarled, "Every night, bullshit! Sometimes I come home from work and you're asleep already. I was never too tired to hear that you were going to fuck someone else!"

"Was it good? Was it worth the end of our marriage?"

She grinned menacingly, "You know what, it probably was, he wasn't great but at least it was sex, at least he found me attractive, and at least he wanted me, which is more than I can say for you."

Shocked by her callus attitude, he barked, "It's over, I'm not being disrespected like that, you can keep him but it is not happening while we are still married, I am filing for divorce in the morning."

She nodded, "Fine, do what you want." She walked over and pulled out a pan turning the stove on to heat.

Confused he snorted, "Don't you care? I said I am filing for divorce."

Turning back to face him she whispered breathlessly. "I heard you the first time. Jim, I love you, I always have but I hate this work addicted machine you have become. If you think the only solution is divorce then you just go ahead and do it."

"You haven't even given me an option. You committed adultery. You didn't even say sorry." He mumbled.

"That's because I'm not sorry, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, maybe that's the mistake I made. Jim you have been absent from this marriage for too long and I tried damn it, I did all the things I was supposed to do, racy lingerie, massage, dressing sexy, but you were oblivious to it all."

"But you never said anything to me, you never gave me a chance. How about during one of those massages you say something. You never looked me in the eyes and told me how unhappy you were. Never said you needed sex or were going elsewhere. Don't you love me anymore?" The last part barely audible.

"Bullshit, think about it how often did I walk into your office dressed in nothing and beg you to come to bed, to make love to me. Don't tell me I didn't give you a chance. And, yes, I love you. With all my heart. But I could not take the loneliness anymore," she ended softly."

"You NEVER said the words...Working hard for your family isn't a crime."

"Maybe not but ignoring your wife is and you paid the price. Now after finding out, the first words out of your mouth are I want a divorce.... Well if that's what you want, you've got it. I must say I expected better but if that's it, at least I can say I tried which is more than you."

"Expected better? What do you mean? Tried? Tried? You never said you needed to get laid or you would go elsewhere. You never said you were unhappy with our sex life."

"Instead, you became an adulterous whore!"

Jim grabbed his phone and stumbled out of the kitchen wondering what just happened?" He was in the right, she cheated...how come he felt like the bad guy?"

Stephanie cringed at his words but continued on and searched through the fridge and found the chicken, dicing it up she threw it in the pan as she muttered, 'SHIT, SHIT, SHIT.' To herself, damn it. Still what did she expect?

Jim collapsed in the lounge stunned wondering what to do? Was she right? Was this his fault? Yes he worked long hours but he was so close to making partner and all the benefits that came with that. She was a marvelous cook and an incredible mother, she doted on the kids, the house was always spotless even holding down a part time job. He sat and bounced back and forth with his anger and love. But that spike she just jammed in his heart hurt like hell. It was tearing him apart. His eyes got watery. Did she still love him?

Stephanie called out, "Dinners ready."

He wasn't hungry. But walked back to the kitchen.

He stared at her beautiful fine featured face, damn it, she's still beautiful. The thought jolted him, Christ, how long has it been since he noticed that. She had her hair styled differently and she did look sexy and attractive. Was that for him or her lover?

He commented, "Your hair looks nice...new style?

She snorted, "Yes it was new three weeks ago when I had it done."

Flinching he mumbled, "Hmm well it looks nice, did it for him did you?"

"No dipshit....I did it for you, remember the night I walked into the den leaning on the door frame wearing nothing but my stockings and suspenders...do you remember that?"

His face flushed bright red he did remember but she walked in just when he was about to finalize the report and he was so close. He had to get the wording just right. It had to be perfect, couldn't lose his train of thought. He remembered it well, but two hours later when he went to bed she was asleep and the lingerie was gone.

How could she be so calm? She didn't seem to have any idea of how angry, upset and hurt he was, did she even have a conscience? He glared at her and her face appeared emotionless, no remorse, did she regret it?"

He spat caustically, "I hate you Steph, and you've killed our marriage."

Shaking her head she replied after sipping her wine, "No you don't, you don't hate me. You hate the fact that people are going to find out and you will be laughed at. When I tell them I took a lover because my husband couldn't satisfy me...That's what you hate."

His anger rising again he spat back, "No, it's you everyone will be pointing at knowing that you are an adulterous whore! When your parents find out, our kids, the neighbors, all our friends! I have your confession here," lifting his phone.

Her eyes went wide with shock at his words and vehemence. Don't fold now, don't fold now, she was thinking.

He swallowed his wine in one gulp and poured another. Damn she looked so sexy tonight, he let his eyes drink in her beauty, wondering if this might be the last time they sit like this. "Don't you care Stephanie? Are you just going to sit there? Don't you love me anymore?" he asked again.

"Jim" she whispered almost inaudibly, "Of course I care, I hoped that when you found out you might put up a fight, I hoped you would be man enough to say I love you and try to win me back, not run away. No, your first thought is divorce."

"You thought I would put up with you having a lover? Divorce is what happens in a marriage when there is adultery. One and done!"

"No I hoped you would throw me on the table, ravage me and make me forget I ever wanted a lover. But I suppose that's an option we should consider, you could focus on work and I could keep my lover...yes maybe that would be the best, you can do all the work and he can have the cream."

"LIKE HELL YOU BITCH!" Jim screamed, "I'm not being made a fool of in my own home."

With a mocking tone she growled, "Oh for heaven's sake, we always go to a hotel."

"Jesus you're a cold cunt."

"Tut, tut dear, no need for more name calling. If we made love just once a week...that's all I want, more would be nice but at least once a week. Do that for me and I wouldn't need that hotel."

"What you expect me to just forgive and forget...pretend it didn't happen?"

"Oh no, no, no I want you to remember, you can use it as inspiration so you don't go back to your old ways."

Shaking his head in disbelief he put his head down on his arms so she couldn't see the tears forming, "I never realized what a bitch you could be. If I knew there was this side of you I would never have married you. Jesus you're killing me and you don't even care." He got up and moved to the other room again.

Sipping her wine she muttered, "Oh I care Jim believe me I care. To go back on my wedding vows was a big decision, I didn't do that easily but I need love, affection, intimacy and sex. Damn it I need sex."

She topped up her glass and she stood to clean up leaving Jim to contemplate the new state of affairs.

The kitchen was clean and the dishes done when she walked into the living room, he remained head on his arms and she thought she heard him sniffling, "I'm going to bed, if you want to join me we could make love."

He sat up with a start, "What, if you think I want anything to do with your adulterous ass you're mistaken."

Ignoring his hurtful name calling she started to rub his shoulders, and he jumped when she touched him. Stephanie kept rubbing and massaging his tense flesh working her thumbs in hard, she could feel how tense he was.

"See that's what I mean, we could spend the night making love and I would never have to go elsewhere, think about it this way, one final night of passion before we go our separate ways."

"Fuck that!" Shrugging her off of him. "You would probably give me some incurable disease or something."

He looked back at her with a pained expression, "Did you at least use condoms?"

With a teasing grin she whispered hoarsely, "No you know I love to feel the spurt, plus he didn't like them."

"Fucking slut, dirty fucking slut. ADULTEROUS WHORE!". "Now I would NEVER touch your infested adulterous whore of a body. Not until you get an STD test. No fucking way!"

He ran up the stairs in front of her and shouted, "Your filthy body will not be sleeping in MY bed whore!" and slammed their bedroom door shut and locked it.

"Jim, it's my bed too, let me in."

"Not a chance Stephanie. Not until you prove to me you're not going to give me some disease. Not until you have proof with a negative STD test in your hand."

"Maybe not ever..." he said more quietly.

"I'm filing for divorce in the morning", he said. 'You go sleep in the guest room. We're done!"

Stephanie started to panic now. She really thought he would see her logic and reclaim her body. This was going too far and not at all working out like she had planned. She didn't want to lose him. She loved him so much. And what about the kids! She had to end this charade.

"Jim, I'm sorry. Please let me in. I...I... I made it all up. It never happened. I just wanted to scare you into seeing what has been happening to us these long months. I love you. Let me in, please. It never happened, nothing happened, really..."

"OH, so it was a lie? You made the whole thing up huh, or did you just realize what you gave up for a fuck? That you killed our marriage! That I can't look at you without seeing a diseased adulterous whore! You DON"T love me anymore. Now you say you are lying about it all? Or is this the lie to get me back? Which lie am I not supposed to believe? Which is the truth, which is the lie? You did such a good job I can't tell."

"Jim please, let's talk." She sobbed. Why did I do this, why did I listen to Bob? She thought.

"Go away Stephanie, We are done. There is nothing else to discuss tonight. I'm going to sleep, if I can. Go away." He could hear her crying outside the door now. He felt sorry for her until he remembered the other guy. Fuck her!

"I've recorded your confession of adultery and am going to consult a lawyer in the morning." His tears started to flow again.

"Please Jim. It never happened. I swear to God. Open up let's talk."

Jim knew her values and morals, or thought he did, and would not blaspheme, but then adultery is a sin too...

Now he was confused, but still very angry and upset.

"Jim please, Bob and I only came up with the idea to get us together, not further apart. It was Bob that told you wasn't it?"

Bob! Than fucking asshole! So this was a plan by BOTH of them, or a lie? Fuckers!

"Go away Stephanie. I'm done talking. I have work tomorrow. The finalization of all I have been working so hard on, FOR US."

"Or what could have been," he said more softly. What story did he believe? The look in her eyes when she told him of the affair, the almost joy in her voice...That was cold hearted. She is lying now.

Jim took two sleeping pills to fall asleep. He even put earplugs in so he couldn't hear her pleading and sobbing. She hurt him deeply, lie or no.

Jim's drive to work was fraught with conflicting emotions. She was right in many ways. He had been absent from their marriage these long months, but did that excuse her from fucking someone else? Did she really do it? Did she lie about the affair to get him back? At least she is showing some sort of remorse now. Maybe it's the remorse for the marriage and not the act. Fuck!

As he crashed into his chair behind his desk he decided. He could not live with a cheating slut for a wife, if the affair was real.

The morning unfolded and he called his lawyer and enquired about the divorce process. The news he received didn't please him. Shit she could cheat and carry on like a slut and still end up with half of everything. Even with the confession.

Well if she could cheat so could he. The only way he thought he could get passed this, he was still in love with her, was to even the score. Maybe then they could "move on".

Jim called Cindy on the fourth floor. She was nice and friendly always and would touch him whenever they talked. She was divorced and had a couple of kids. Their conversations usually continued when Jim talked about his dart league.

He had missed the last season and was absent most of the time from the season before because of work, and was looking forward to the new one. He also missed his team mates and wanted to see them.

Cindy had said she would come and watch because she used to play a while ago and missed it. Well tonight the league started up again and he would ask her to come watch.

Steph liked all the players on the team and would usually come with him. He was going to tell her to meet up and celebrate his new promotion, before he found out, before she confessed. But now....

He saw Bob walking toward his office and finished the conversation with Cindy, loud enough for him to hear.

"OK then, I'll meet you in the lobby around 6. Goodbye Cindy".

Bob walked in taking up a chair across his desk, "Who is Cindy?"

"Just a soon to be very close friend," he wiggled his eyebrows in a suggestive way. "The hot redhead from the 4th. Remember her?" Jim asked.

Bob frowned but continued "So...how did it go last night?"

Jim couldn't understand why he was smiling, "Well I just got off the phone with my divorce lawyer earlier."

Bob's smile evaporated, "Divorce...what happened last night?"

"She confessed, told me all about her adulterous affair. I recorded it. Now she's history."

Bob leaned back running his fingers through his hair frustrated and confused, "I thought you might be able to forgive her?"

"Like hell, that adulterous whore is out of there as soon as I can get it organized."

Bob flopped forward his head falling into his hands, "Jim mate, I have a confession to make."

Jim sat back shocked, oh my god...was it him? Was Bob her lover?

Bob sucked in a deep breath, "Bud there is no lover, and she has not been cheating on you."

"What...YOU said you saw her with another guy."

"I lied, look man a few days ago...shit do you remember when Stephanie came in here dressed to kill, looking as sexy as hell."

Jim's confused expression forced him onwards. "Bud, that day I smiled when she walked in, I remember thinking you were definitely getting laid. When I spoke to her she said coyly she was taking you to lunch and was going to jump your raggedy old bones."

Jim did remember her coming in, but he didn't remember it like that. Now he was really worried at where this was going.

"Jim, I saw her walk out of your office crying, I ran after her and caught her by the elevator, we went out for coffee and she told me about the troubles you were having."

Jim snapped angrily, "We weren't having troubles."

"Well you might not have thought so but she did."

"Fuck...I don't understand, she never said anything." Jim moaned.

"Let me finish, she explained how you seemed to have fallen out of love with her, you ignored her. She was ready to divorce you, do you understand that she was that close to calling it quits, there and then."

awyldside
awyldside
68 Followers
12