Celeste Series Prequel

Story Info
How Connor met Lawrence and how they became a couple.
11.1k words
4.55
2.1k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

AN: I was asked to write something about how Connor and Lawrence met. I didn't think I was going to but on a boring afternoon I started it and then this monster came out! This is mostly story driven, the sex isn't until near the end. I hope y'all enjoy!

I hate my sister.

"Are you here to steal something?" She spat out, scowling at me.

"I'm here because the landlord called me," I rolled my eyes.

"You hated dad."

I looked at her like she was an idiot, "Doesn't mean the landlord should have to deal with all of dad's shit."

She scoffed, called me an off color word for queer, then turned her back to me.

Dad had been dead a few days now, I didn't even bother going to his funeral. I have good memories of my childhood, he was big into history and archeology, mostly of ancient civilizations. He would read books to me, some with words so big I had no idea what they meant even with context clues. I didn't care though, because dad had always looked so happy. If I stole anything from his home it would be those old history books. I could read them and remember when my dad looked at me with joy. Not unbridled disgust and disappointment as he did the moment I came out. My sister was younger, much younger than me, so it was easy for him to mold her into a hateful bitch. She was harsher than he was though. She used words to tear me down. Her fists. The moment I was 18 I left and hadn't spoken to them since. That had been years ago, I was actually shocked the landlord had my number.

I went upstairs and found his books. I started making a pile of thrift store, storage and trash. I couldn't help myself and I would thumb through the ones with familiar covers. I was a history major because of him. In spite of him.

I came across a book I didn't recognize. It was older than the rest, much older, falling apart in a dirty Ziploc bag. I carefully opened it and the smell that wafted up was a mix of stale paper, dirt and something akin to vomit. I held my breath and pulled it open.

Inside were letters to a language I had never seen before, characters that seemed to be spinning, with no left to right or up to down direction. I tried reading them right to left, bottom to top. On my next go I tried sounding out the words. It was reminiscent to Latin but clearly older, I used the pronunciation closest to what I had learned in college. I went slow, feeling a grin form as I studied this peculiar text. My sister be damned there was no way I wasn't keeping this!

I felt cold air creep up my neck like there was a draft by a window, but I ignored it. I continued to speak, low with a thick tongue trying to form sounds it couldn't shape around. I felt the air turn colder. I tapped the last word and spoke it. The air was freezing, I heard a pop of power, saw a near blinding flash of light then was weightless.

When I landed I was in an ornate room, bottom on plush carpet looking up at the most gorgeous man I had ever seen. And he looked just as shocked as I felt.

His eyes, jade like the stone, were wide, framed with long straight chestnut colored hair. He was wearing a floor length red robe that looked high end yet archaic. Two things were instantly clear, this man hadn't brought me here and I had no idea where 'here' was. So I panicked.

I scrambled to my feet, panting, "Wh-wh-what the fuck?" I was screaming, I couldn't help it, "Who!? Where?!!!"

The man spoke, holding up both hands to show he was unarmed, "Be still," his voice was deep and kind.

I didn't give a shit, "Where am I?!"

"Calm yourself," the man took a step towards me and, God help me, my brain still supplied fuck he's tall even in the midst of this. He took a deep breath, "now then, what's your name?" He smiled softly but it didn't reach his eyes. He was trying to make me comfortable, but lackluster eyes won't do that.

I started to look around the room, frantically swiveling my head back and forth. The entire room was opulent, books from floor to ceiling on three walls, a desk, vanity and small though comfortable looking bed. No windows though and only one door, which thankfully my back was to. I could run if I needed to. There was nothing I could use as a weapon. Not unless I started lobbing books at the beautiful man. I was beginning to feel trapped and I started to freak out again.

I heard him call out to me and I whipped my head around to look at him wide eyed, "What did you say?"

The man's jade eyes slid away, "I merely called to you."

"You said my name!" I was practically heaving for breath, "I never gave you my name!"

His eyes slid back to mine but before he could speak his door flew open. I jumped and spun around and froze. The man who came through was massive. Large muscles, thick thighs that could crack a man's skull, broad chest with impressive pectoral muscles, powerful arms and a trim waist. He was handsome too, short blonde hair in a complimentary modern cut, stunning hazel eyes and a square jaw. He towered over me intimidating as fuck and looked down and narrowed his eyes.

When he spoke, my blood ran cold at the words, "A mortal?"

Holy hell these men weren't human? What the fuck does that even mean?!

I didn't wait I just...ran.

I heard the green-eyed man, if they can even be called that anymore, call out to me but I was already sprinting.

I seemed to be in a mansion. White marble floors with walls so high I couldn't see the ceiling. The hall was lined with dark oak doors and there were so many beautiful people walking the hallways. Most stopped when they saw me. A few gasped. One tried to grab me.

I ran until I could barely breathe, my vision going dark at the edges, my lungs burning. I rounded a corner and stumbled into the arms of someone. I blinked, my vision filling with red, then gold piping and finally the sensation of soft fabric. I jerked back and looked up. The chestnut-haired man was holding me, looking worried.

"Be still," he breathed, pleading with me.

I was too tired, too scared and confused, so I just nodded.

He nodded back then helped straighten my posture then asked me to follow him.

Walking through the door of his room I saw that the intimidating blonde was still there, sitting on the vanity, his booted feet dwarfing the seat they were placed upon.

"First things first, we should introduce ourselves," the brown-haired man said.

I spoke, "You already know my name and you," I glanced at the blonde, "you called me mortal..."

The blonde nodded, but the other spoke first, "I am called Lawrence, the god of rebirth and this," he indicated the blonde, "is my brother Bartholomew, the god of war."

God of war...no wonder he looked like he could stop a freight train with the back of his foot, "Gods..." I lowered my eyes, finally beginning to calm. I wasn't sure if I really believed them, but enough strangeness had occurred that I knew at the very least they truly weren't human. At any rate I was pretty sure I wasn't in danger, still though, "how did I get here?"

"You read a book I presume," Lawrence's deep voice was soothing, "ancient."

"I...I did, but...I didn't think I was pronouncing the words right."

Bartholomew let out an amused snort, "Apparently it was close enough," he slapped his hands against his enormous thighs, "whelp, I guess I'll get going," he stood.

"You needed something though brother?" Lawrence looked over at him concerned.

"It's not important, not as important as dealing with this anyway," he waved towards me and his expression made me take a step back. He gave his brother a nod then left the room.

I watched the door close then said softly, "I think he's mad at me..."

"No no," Lawrence sat down at his desk and crossed his impossibly long legs, "he is worried though. We had believed that book you read destroyed."

"Why does a book like that even exist?"

Lawrence sighed deeply, "Because I was a young god once," his expression was a mix of embarrassment and amusement, "I thought the humans too foolish to understand what I was. I walked among them, uncaring, unmasked and..." He shook his head, "they formed a religion around my image. They were small, but resilient, and therefore seen as a threat," he stood and started to pace, his ruby robe kissed the ground as he walked. He truly was ethereal. He held his hands in front of himself and continued, "The priestess was in danger when they started to be invaded. She kept praying to me and, I, feeling guilty that my carelessness had set all this into motion, sent her a message in a dream. An incantation she could use to flee her invaders," he turned and smiled down at me ruefully, "she never used it. She instead held her ground and fell with the rest of the clergy. I took the book and the religion died. Centuries later and no one has heard of me."

"How did you fuck up destroying a book?" I blurted then instantly felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment.

Lawrence just lifted a brow, "I had given it to the god of destruction Sinbad. Apparently, he got...distracted," he pursed his lips. He looked displeased.

I asked, "So why didn't you destroy it?"

"I am the god of rebirth. That means I make things that once were, alive again. Breaking down an object harms me as it goes against my nature."

That made sense. I took a deep breath, trying to gather myself. My heart had calmed but I was still a bit shaky. I licked my lips and saw the beautiful god's eyes flick down to see. I felt my cheeks heat. He really was too handsome for his own good.

When his eyes lifted to mine all I could do was step forward and whisper, "What now?"

"Now I break the spell and send you home."

I jerked back. Actually physically moved away from him. I thought about my home. My dead dad who had disowned me. My bitchy abusive sister. My shitty job with no upward mobility. My single life with no one to come home to. My debts. My bills. My depression.

Fuck that.

"NO!" I yelled it forcefully and the god's eyes widened. I hadn't meant to be so loud, "Sorry sorry I just...just..." I shook my head, "I can't go back."

Lawrence furrowed his brow, "You do not belong here."

"What on earth can one measly human possibly mess up here?"

"You are not," he made a face, "measly."

"What?" That's what he focused on.

"We created you. Do you find my work to be insufficient?"

I felt my heart quicken. I had offended him, "I...I...I'm sorry," I backed up, "I didn't mean to imply..." I felt like I was gasping for air, "No I don't think that."

"Be still," Lawrence's expression turned to kindness, "l did not mean to frighten you," he sighed, "and you are correct, your presence won't harm anything. But still, this is not your home-"

"I have no home!" I had tears in my eyes. I hadn't realized just how much pain I had buried until that moment.

Lawrence stepped forward, in one long stride he was at my side, "This cannot be true, I am sure you are misreading your situation."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I practically snarled, my eyes narrowed.

Lawrence looked taken aback, " I do not jest..."

"Then why are you doing this?" I swiped my tears away angrily, "aren't you all seeing? All knowing? How could you not know my life is garbage?!"

"Because I did not pry," Lawrence reached out like he was going to touch my tears but pulled his hand back, "We do not observe our creations constantly. We are confident you can sustain yourselves with your Free Will and Common Sense. So, no Connor," my name sounded nice coming from his lips, "I did not know your life was... 'garbage'."

I turned to him and looked up; he was so fucking tall. He bent his head and looked down at me, his bright jade eyes seemed soft and gentle.

"Yes?" He whispered.

"Pry," I demanded.

He nodded then held my gaze as he...did something. I don't know. Some kinda magic god shit. I watched as his expressions changed with each new memory he uncovered. Finally, he sighed.

"Your sister is awful," he looked angry on my behalf.

I shrugged, "Yes she is."

He looked away as he spoke, "I am unsure of what to do..."

"Just let me stay," I pleaded.

He walked away and sat at his desk again. He crossed his legs and leaned forward with his elbows on his knee, "What shall you do? We have no set days, no set mornings or nights. No jobs to occupy you. You do not have a duty to perform. No calling to sustain you," he blinked, looking very serious, "You will be bored, grow to be stagnant and unfulfilled."

I looked at him for some time, taking in his words. As much as I didn't want to go back home I also didn't want to make a knee jerk decision. He didn't take his eyes off me while I thought, which, with his attractiveness, was quite distracting. I turned my head away and closed my eyes.

"You're right," I sighed out, "but that is a possibility where I come from," I looked back at him, "humans get bored and feel lost and useless all the time," I shrugged, "we just move on to the next best thing that we think will make us happy. Look, I'd like to stay, but if for some reason it doesn't work out you can just send me back then, can't you?"

"I can."

I smirked, "Then fuck it," I blushed, still not sure if I should be cussing in front of a god, "I'm staying."

~*~

Two days in and Lawrence's words hadn't come to fruition. I was enjoying exploring the mansion and the grounds. I met a few gods, but most of them just ignored me. Some that I talked to knew I was "Lawrence's human", it was said with either pity or disbelief by them, but I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little thrill at the other...naughtier implications that title held.

I had never seen anyone as lovely as Lawrence. He even outshone all the other gods. I couldn't get over the jade color of his eyes or the fullness of his lips. I liked that he read books when he had free time and the way he lit up when Bartholomew walked into the room. I didn't mind the robes he wore, even though they made him look like a strange wizard. I often thought about what he looked like underneath them.

"Lawrence," I asked him one day when we were walking down a stone path near a pond, "do gods...um...have sex?" I felt a flush to my cheeks so I quickly added, "Or date and stuff?" So he wouldn't think I was just being a pervert.

Ever the gentleman, he didn't bring notice to my blushing but just nodded and answered me, "We frequently have intercourse. Some with other gods, some with mortals, and some with both. Some have many partners and some have only one. We tend to be so busy that we don't bother with such things as dating, but there have been a few sexual relationships that have lasted for millennia."

"What about you?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you have a...sex partner or partners?" God I sounded like I was fishing for answers. I mean, I partly was, but I also just wanted to get to know Lawrence a bit better too.

He glanced down at me and lifted a brow, he looked amused, but answered me anyway, "Not currently."

I hummed and he looked at me questionably so I said, "I'm surprised. You're good-looking, people should be throwing themselves at you."

He let out the most soothing chuckle, "I keep to myself so most find me boring."

"Idiots."

He laughed, "You dare to call us gods idiots?"

I looked up at him and shrugged, "If they are ignoring you, then it is merely truth."

He didn't say anything to that, but without warning he reached out and took my hand, "That is very sweet of you," he lifted it and kissed the back and I swooned. We continued walking down the path and Lawrence didn't let go of my hand.

I woke up one morning, or rather, what my body's inner clock decided should be morning, yawning against Lawrence's unreasonably soft pillows and saw him reading at his desk. He's typically not there in the morning so this was a nice treat.

"Good morning, Connor," he looked up from his book and over at me.

"Morning," I mumbled then yawned again.

"Did you sleep well?"

I rubbed my eyes, "Would have been better if you were spooning me," I peeked out at him from behind my fingers. It was more forward than I had been around him, but I was barely awake so not thinking very clearly.

He was smirking, "Maybe I want to be the little spoon."

I dropped my hands and laughed, "I don't know if that would work. You're tall as fuck."

He smiled at me and my belly did a stupid flip. He shrugged one shoulder, "Where there's a will there's a way. Isn't that what you humans say?"

"Oh," I sat up and gave him an open once over, lingering at his sultry lips, "I most definitely have the will..."

Lawrence stood then and walked over to me. He placed his hand on my left cheek, cupping me there for a moment before his thumb began to caress my lips. I parted them, feeling my heart beat faster as he pressed the tiniest bit of his thumb between my teeth. I boldly licked his skin and I saw his eyes widen. He pulled back to run his fingers through my hair. His eyes seemed to soften before he dropped his hand and left his room. I flopped back down onto my back, unsure of what to make of that.

~*~

My favorite place was the gardens, there were so many, some for each plant and habitat condition. I knew I would never be able to explore them all. One day though, I stumbled across a vegetable garden.

There were five gods that I could see tilling it. The one in the center, who seemed to be giving out instructions, was absolutely stunning. A tall voluptuous woman with wide hips and thick thighs, her dark chocolate skin was glistening with sweat and her tank top clung to her in a way that even my gay ass appreciated. She saw me and gave me the most welcoming grin that showed off deep dimples in her rosy cheeks.

She stepped up and towered over me. I was beginning to realize that all gods were just incredibly tall. I was six foot one and had to crane my head back to look at most of them.

"Connor!" She beamed and I assumed she knew my name because she was a god, just as Lawrence had, since this was our first meeting. She gave me a hug, lifting me off my feet.

I couldn't help but laugh. Her joyous attitude was infectious! She smelled of fresh dirt, honeysuckle and line dried laundry. She was instantly comforting.

She placed me down, still smiling, "I'm Tashawna, it's so nice to finally meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too!" I was smiling just as wide as her, "Is this your garden?"

She gave me a deep bow, hand over her stomach, "God of the harvest at your service!"

"It looks incredible! I could never grow anything. Every year I try and every year I fail," I lamented.

"Would you like to learn?" Her eyes were beaming.

"You wouldn't mind?" I asked excitedly, "I don't want to interrupt..."

Tashawna gave me a long-suffering look, "I wouldn't have offered human," she grinned, "come now, follow me!"

She was so easy to talk to and a great teacher. She made gardening seem so effortless. I told her that I felt more confident and I would try my hand at planting again when I got home.

"Oh?" She looked surprised, "Is Lawrence ready to let you go?"

I froze, it hadn't occurred to me what I had said, or rather implied. I shook my head, "He's not keeping me hostage. I asked to stay."

"Really?" Her brows shot up to her hairline in shock.

I chuckled a bit and took the trowel away from her, "Really. I don't have anything going for me there and well..." I ducked my head and started to dig at the dirt, "Lawrence isn't so bad..."

She tilted her head, peeking at me, "He's very handsome too huh?" She said knowingly.

I glanced at her then back at the ground, "All the gods are."

"Umm hmm," she pursed her lips with a chuckle but didn't push for anything.

~*~

After a long day at the gardens, I went back to the palace, with dirt under my nails and feeling accomplished. I was invited back, an open invitation to come whenever I pleased. I was already looking forward to it. The moment I stepped into the mansion I was greeted by a bubbly woman with short black hair with a swooping pink bang covering her left eye. She was smiling big and she was the shorter of the gods, six foot one, same as me. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders and started walking with me. I had seen her before in the halls and outside, she was always around something that was broken and in need of repair.