All Comments on 'Celia'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 4 years ago

Great fun - thanks for another excellent distraction

Passing_Quietly_ThroughPassing_Quietly_Throughabout 4 years ago
Nice read, but get your plot right.

Unless there is a Ouija board, there would be no meeting of the mother that was supposed to take place in page two. (" Now young man." I wasn't all that young. "You are invited to dine with us this evening, Celia's mother and I need to get to know more about you."

"That sounds ominous." I was attempting to sound at ease.

"I'm the easy one, Celia's been getting her way with me for years, but her mother is something else entirely.") As per page one, mum is dead and buried. "No, I've been on short rations of late, and no, I'm definitely not married to that arsehole. It's just that I've been a little busy looking after my mother. For a while it was a struggle, what with my job and studies taking up a lot of time, I had no time to myself, and when she was in her terminal stages I took time off work to look after her full-time until it all got too much, and she had to go into a hospice. She was only there a matter of weeks, and I was with her every day before she died. "

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
OK. This was generally good fun

But WTF happened to Celia's Mum? On their first night together Celia tells Brody she's gone without sex while looking after her Mum full-time through her terminal illness, had a month off after her Mum's funeral, then a week back at work before joyfully jumping into bed with Brody. Next thing it's date night at her Dad's and her father clearly says that Celia's Mum is the one to impress and she's cooking the meal tonight! What the fuck did they eat, Death by Chocolate or Angel Delight? At this point, especially after the "We've been 6 years married" bloke in the pub fiasco, I thought this was going to be some kind of fraud set-up by Celia which had nothing to do with subbing chippy work. So, at the end of the story, I'm waiting for the bleeding panel hammer to fall, and the Terminally Dead Mum and Fake Husband plots vanish like the morning after Hallowe'en. WTF! Was it the Asbestiosis-riddled Uncle that she nursed and was buried or what?

mature_neophytemature_neophyteabout 4 years ago
A likeable read but

how can the mother be dead and also at the dinner party when Brody first meets Celia's father? Never mind, still fairly entertaining!

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 4 years ago

I am confused about the mother. At the beginning Celia stopped school to take care of her until she died. Then the mom was there at dinner? Maybe I missed something.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

This story was definitely lacking. The flow was non-existent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

story TAGS