Ch. 01: A New Family

Story Info
A lost pregnant woman finds a new family one winter night!
5.9k words
3.7
4.1k
2
0

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 11/04/2023
Created 12/18/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Yeah, starting another story so soon after the first, it's crazy but it just might work. This is my other big story I'm hoping will catch on. This is a more fantasy-focused story, though still about as violent, so if you don't like that stuff, that's fine. There is also much more romance and sex in this than the other story, also birds, a lot of birds. Also, while the birds are portrayed as tribal, they are not intended to represent any real-life native tribes, this is just me wanting to make my own epic fantasy.

A New Family

Snap!

A twig broke underpaw as the woman stumbled through the cold winter woods. She was hungry, cold, and the precious cargo she carried in her belly was becoming restless. She fell at a stream. She drank desperately of the water, before she stopped to see herself reflected in the moonlight. She was a pine marten, a lovely caramel and honey brown-furred female of her species, but she was starving. Her clothes barely clung to her waning body. She needed to feed her baby, her unborn cub. Her ears barely registered the crunching snow behind her.

Before she could turn, a winter-worn paw grabbed the marten jill by the hem of her tunic and lifted her. The jill screamed in the face of a fierce wolverine male who had her by her baggy shirt.

The large mustelid looked upon this soft female and his intentions for her became clear, "I thought I smelt intruderz in mai territory. If you were another wolverine, I woulda ripped your guts out..." He sniffed her, "Now... I smell a fun time for Jeryl." He grinned evilly as he felt up the pregnant female. He felt the kicking kit in her belly, "Ah... Some other fella's got ta ya... No matter, I'll fix that soon."

And now with her child on the line, the jill fought futilely against the male, "Let me go!"

He angered quickly; he slammed her against a tree, "Don't piss me off, missy... Or I'll rip yer teeth out and stick my whole log down yer whore mouth."

The jill had a concussion already from him slamming her; she knew she couldn't survive this male's full fury, but she was given teeth for a reason. She bit hard on the hand that held her and tore a sizable chunk from the male's palm.

He cursed loudly while she broke off. "You! Yer fuckin' bitch! Bite me!?"

The jill ran from him, not caring where she wound up, as long as she got away. Alas, she slipped trying to cross the stream she had drunk from before.

The wolverine was on her in a flash. He backhanded the jill, made her nose bleed and her brain rattle. "I was gonna be nice an' let ya be my little slut... But if you're gonna be bitin', I'll just take a little somethin' from ya." He winced as he pulled his dagger from its sheath with his bitten paw. He pressed the blade to her belly, about to murder her unborn baby.

She sobbed, "No!"

Thwip!

The predator stopped suddenly when he felt something stab in his chest. "What?" He croaked before a couple more hits interrupted him.

Thwip! Thwip! Thwip!

The jill looked on in horror as a second, third, then fourth arrow soon protruded from his corpulent body.

Jeryl gripped the hard, wooden shafts that now stuck out of him, felt the barbed arrowheads tearing at his flesh, lacerating his insides. He looked up and saw a bird in the tree above him.

The tribal bird stared down the large predator before she let another arrow fly.

Thwip!

The wolverine croaked his last as that final shaft pierced his windpipe. He fell back onto the snow-covered forest floor.

The jill looked at the dying wolverine as he struggled to breathe.

The bird climbed down from her perch.

She was a blue jay, 5 feet tall and thin. She wore little clothing, despite the blistering cold surrounding her. A loincloth, moccasins, and armbands were all that she wore.

The marten jill watched from where she lay as the lithe avian female stood over the big carnivore.

The blue jay narrowed her eyes. She could still see the faintest breath leaving him. She took a small hunting knife from the belt she wore, then kneeling over the dying predator, she drove the blade into his heart.

There was a hitch in his breath, and then no more.

Now she was sure.

The blue jay stood and turned to see the female she'd just saved.

The jill shivered under the bird's gaze.

The jay turned back to the dead wolverine. She began to pick her arrows from his body. They were still good, she could use them again. When that was finished, she stood again and walked over to the jill.

The female had passed out by then, worn out from the chase and from the hunger.

...

The marten jill felt warmth when she woke up. Her dark brown eyes opened slowly as she picked herself up. Looking up, she saw she was inside some earthen hut built from mud and timber. She lay on the ground, a warm quilt guarding her backside.

Her nose twitched as she picked up the scent of others sleeping close by. She looked to her sides and on her right there was that blue jay female.

She lay peacefully, the subtlest of chirps emitting from her black beak. She was quite pretty, now that the jill had a closer look. Blue was her favorite color, and this bird was covered in it.

To her left, the jill saw another jay bird, but this one was slightly bigger, a male she figured, his chirps a tone deeper than his mate who lay parallel with the marten in between. She had not known any birds before or been close to one, but she found him handsome as well. His features, though softer than some mammals she knew, were still distinctly masculine.

The jill quickly noticed another glaring detail, both birds were naked. Neither wore a single article of clothing. She felt her cheeks flush as she realized this. Common decency told her she shouldn't keep looking, but she got closer. Looking below, she could see no sheath or any other obvious feature on the male. Instead, she saw a thin slit similar to what lay between her own legs. The male's slit did have a slight bulge, she didn't need to guess what was underneath.

The jill then realized she herself lay naked between this strange pair of birds. Instinctively, her paws went to cover her breasts, and her groin, her blush deepening under her dark fur. Where were her clothes? The jill gasped when a scaly bird hand touched her shoulder. She turned and the female was up, looking at her with the kind of smile that could melt glaciers. "Sleep." She spoke.

The jill was surprised to hear her language, "You speak..."

The blue jay shushed her, "Sleep."

The jill saw the blue and black bird's kind blue eyes staring back at her and knew she couldn't refuse, but there were so many questions; "Who are you? Where am I?"

The jay petted the marten, "You are safe. I am Kali."

The marten calmed as that warm bird hand brushed her coat. She said with a shy smile, "Kali... I'm Maureen."

Kali laid the young mother-to-be back with her gentle petting, "Maureen, sleep."

And Maureen did as she was told.

...

Maureen woke up next to the soft squawking of her saviors, very suggestive sounding squawks at that.

Wary, the jill opened her eyes. The bedrolls to her left and right were empty, but a mere two feet away, she saw her two hosts, the female crouched over her mate as he held her soft feathery rear to his groin.

Maureen blushed and closed her eyes as she realized what she had seen. Her first instinct was to turn away to give them some privacy, yet, she couldn't help herself listening to the pair.

They went a good five minutes before she heard the male's grunting finish. She no doubt knew what that sound meant, and it only made her blush more as she listened to their soft panting afterward.

"My love." She heard Kali whisper to her husband.

A few seconds later, Maureen heard soft shuffling on the ground before she felt someone's beak by her ear, "Sorry to wake you."

Maureen could swear she heard the smirk in that jay bird's whisper.

Sleep took the marten jill soon after.

...

Morning came as Maureen woke up to the smell of fish.

The jill opened her caramel brown eyes to see a plate of fresh grilled trout on the ground beside her. Instantly, she pulled herself up and looked around.

Both her avian hosts were missing, but she could smell smoke coming from behind the thick tarp which hung in the doorway.

She looked back down at the plate left for her. The trout looked good, and she hadn't eaten.

The trout was good.

After eating, Maureen got up, subconsciously covering herself as she went to peek behind the tarp.

Kali was there, by a wood-fed grill, waving a fan to keep the smoke from filling the room. The jay bird smiled as she saw her guest was up, "Was your fish good?"

Maureen smiled back and she nodded, empty plate in hand, "Oh yes, it was very good."

Kali nodded in turn, "Good."

Kali's mate stepped out from another room just then, fixing the loincloth that now adorned his waist. He saw Maureen looking at him and he gave her a friendly nod.

Maureen blushed but waved back as she watched him go to his wife.

The two blue jays spoke in their peculiar avian language, as the male hugged his mate and he pecked her cheek.

Kali pecked him back before she handed him a plate of the fish she'd just made for him.

He happily took the plate then sat down to eat it as Kali plated her own fish.

Kali doused the flames then went to join her husband as he started to eat. The jay female looked up at Maureen who still shyly stood behind the tarp. Kali waved at her, "Come, Maureen, join us."

The marten jill instantly started to blush, "I-I shouldn't, I'm not decent. Where are the clothes I was wearing?"

Kali shrugged, "Those old rags? They were wet and torn, no good. I threw those away." She smiled, "You've no need to be shy here. You see how we are." She gestured to herself and her husband, both clad in only loincloths, plus the odd armband.

Maureen still covered herself, "But I'm..."

Kali just looked back.

The marten jill finally sighed, "Fine..."

She stepped out, both arms covering herself.

Kali and her mate both watched as the blushing jill came over then sat down with them.

Maureen sat by Kali, across from her mate, both arms still over her sensitive areas.

Kali's mate looked at her, and the jay bird shrugged back at him before she spoke, "Maureen, this is Justin."

The male, Justin, nodded kindly.

Maureen was still extremely uncomfortable being nude in front of the two birds, especially a male, that she had just met, but she was able to smile back, "It's nice to meet you, Justin."

Kali patted Maureen softly on her shoulder, "Good, good."

Maureen looked to Kali, "Is there something I can at least cover myself with?"

Kali tapped her beak as she thought, "Hmm, I'm sure I or Justin have a spare loincloth we can give you. But, I can't help you with those." She said looking to the jill's breasts, concealed behind Maureen's right arm. Kali gestured to herself, "We birds, we don't quite have anything like what you mammals have, so we don't really see a need to cover ourselves except if we are in bad weather, or out hunting."

Maureen nodded as she started to get a little perturbed at how the female seemed to ogle her more than the husband. She spoke bluntly, "I understand that."

Kali chuckled at the jill's tone, "I will see if I can find something for you to wear."

The jay female got up and left then, her fish barely touched while Justin had already finished his breakfast.

Maureen watched Kali leave, then she looked back at Justin.

The blue jay only shrugged then chuckled as he got up then left the table.

Maureen sat by herself then, tapping the table and humming to herself awkwardly as her arm was hurting from being held over her breasts for so long.

Kali came back out of her bedroom with a loincloth in hand. She handed the cloth to Maureen, "Here, this is one of mine."

The jill looked at the thin cloth she was just given, "Thank you."

Maureen got up, blushing as she realized she'd have to get dressed here since Justin was in the other room.

Kali stood by and watched while the marten tried on her cloth.

Maureen pulled on the cloth. The waistband pinched her sides some, but it was a good enough fit, at least she could cover her groin and butt now. Her breasts were still exposed, though. She turned to Kali, "Are you sure you have nothing for this?"

Kali shrugged, "Not unless you want to wear some of Justin's clothing as well."

Maureen sighed, "I guess not."

Just then, a third bird came in from the outside.

This bird, a red cardinal, pushed open the front curtain, "Kali! Where is Justin?"

Before she could answer, Justin came out, "I'm here, Orion. I'm just getting ready." The blue jay had on a belt now, with his hunting knife at his waist, a bow and quiver slung over his back.

The one named Orion glanced over at Maureen, Kali's guest the other birds of the village had been chatting about all morning.

Maureen again blushed and covered herself, but she waved back shyly.

Orion seemed to pay her no mind, though, "Well, you need to move faster, you know how the council hates waiting."

Justin scoffed, "A bunch of squabbling old featherheads." He patted Orion's shoulder.

Orion clacked his beak, "You say that now, but wait until you're their age."

The blue jay chuckled, "So I can have a little butt-pecker like you?"

Orion scoffed, "It's not butt-pecking to show the elders a little respect, Justin."

Justin just laughed as he pecked Kali on her cheek, "I'll be back later."

Kali touched her beak to his, "Be back soon, love."

With that, the two male birds stepped out leaving Kali and Maureen.

The ladies stood around in silence before Kali looked at Maureen's belly, "How far are you?"

The pine marten rubbed her belly, "Just a few months."

The blue jay smiled, "Where is the father?"

Maureen's mood shifted, "He... He's with God."

Kali understood, "Sick? Or in battle?"

Maureen sniffed, "He was murdered."

The blue jay leaned closer, "By bandits?"

Maureen muttered, "No..." then she walked away, going back into Kali's room to lie down.

The jay female sighed. She wasn't going to get anymore out of her guest.

In the room, Maureen lay, rubbing her pregnant belly as she wept.

She heard the tarp move as Kali came in, then felt the blue jay lie down beside her on the quilt.

Kali hugged the jill from behind and rested her narrow black beak in the crook of her neck.

Maureen sniffed as the blue jay tried to comfort her, "Thank you, Kali." she managed to say.

...

It was past noon when Justin finally returned. He smirked at the sight of his wife asleep with her arms around Maureen.

He undressed, then carefully lay beside his wife. He looked at her, then to the marten female in her arms. He leaned forward and he could smell both of their soft feminine scents mixing. He instantly knew his Kali's earthy tone, but Maureen had a

stronger smell due to her both being a mammal and a mustelid. She had a very pleasant scent. Her breasts were a different sight for a bird like him, having grown in a village where the females had none.

Then, he looked at Kali. She didn't have breasts, but she was as beautiful as ever. He preened his mate and his soft touch caused her to stir.

Kali awoke, then smiled upon seeing her mate, "Hello..."

Justin pecked his mate as he lowered himself on top of her, "I appear to have a second wife now." He joked as he referred to Maureen.

Kali giggled, "I saw her first."

Justin laid down between the females, holding his wife closest.

"What did the council have to say, Justin?" She asked him as she nuzzled her small black beak into his plumage.

He sighed, "It was about our guest. They're not happy that you've brought an outsider to our village, especially one like... Maureen is it?"

Kali cracked a joint in her neck, "She was about to be slaughtered like prey by that wolverine, I had to save her."

Justin pecked his wife lovingly, "I would have done the same if it were me in your place." He hooked one arm around to pull her closer, "I'm sworn to protect our village, but I can't ignore a female in peril."

Kali smiled as she turned in his embrace to touch her beak to his, "My brave warrior." She smirked when she felt something poking her, "Your blade is poking me..."

Justin grinned, "Then I must sheathe it."

...

Later that night, Kali's indecent squawking once again awoke Maureen. She dreaded opening her eyes lest she see what she knew was going on a mere three feet from where she lay.

Alas, the pine marten gave into temptation and she opened her eyes. Sure enough, there across from her, in the musty dark of the earthen hut, she could make out their outline as Justin thrust against his wife.

No sooner than she had seen them, though, then did Maureen hear Justin's impassioned release as he ground his hips deep upon his climax.

Even in the darkness, she could make out their forms as the birds separated, then Justin laid on his back, placing himself between his wife and their guest.

Maureen's sensitive nose picked up the pungent post-coital smells hitting the air as Justin rested.

The smell alone, it was different, yet very familiar, it drug up Maureen's memories, in the arms of her love. Her precious package in her belly, the strongest evidence of her past before waking up here in this hut, she cradled her unborn.

Sleep mercifully claimed her before she could act on animal urges.

...

The next morning, Maureen awoke; this time she was not alone.

Kali was out; Justin slept where he lay the previous night.

Maureen looked upon him.

In the limited light of the dark earthen hut, she could make out his feathered plumage rising and falling. She wondered how soft his feathers must be to touch, and how strong he must feel beneath. With that thought, came the guilty feeling of coveting the husband of a friend, even if she'd only known Kali for one day and two nights, it felt wrong.

Still, she let her eyes rove over his prone body much as she could. They followed down, and down to... then she blushed when she had seen it.

Justin had not fully resheathed from last night. In the shallow light, she made out its outline, and just two feet away, she could smell it.

Maureen cursed her mammalian nose.

Justin awoke just then. With a snort, the blue jay awoke and promptly pulled himself up to sit on his bedroll as he waited for the rest of him to wake up.

Maureen watched where she lay as he got up.

Justin stretched his feathered wing-arms as he yawned, and he scratched his plumage. One scaly paw strayed down between his legs as the male felt his member start to harden. Without thinking, and perhaps forgetting he had a house guest, the sleepy bird started to stroke it as he got up. He looked to his right, and did not see his wife. He looked to his left, then stopped.

Maureen could feel herself blush from embarrassment. She had almost paid witness to birdy masturbation.

Justin's eyes shot open a bit wider as he realized what had almost just happened, "Um..."

Maureen squeaked out, "Good morning?"

Justin laughed off the strange circumstance, "It was almost one."

Maureen couldn't stop herself, "Kali's that good is she?"

Justin blinked then laughed again, "Yeah, yeah, she's my huntress." He raised a claw to her as he stood, "Excuse me."

Maureen watched him as he pulled back the tarp, then stepped out. He had a nice ass, she told herself, for a bird.

A moment or two later, she heard Kali, "Justin?"

Then came the squawks, the loud, indecent squawking.

Maureen gave it a moment before she got up. She pulled back the tarp and her cheeks lit with blush as she caught sight of the avian pair.

Kali was bent over in their kitchen/den that made up the rest of their quaint little earthen home.

12