Ch. 01: A New Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Justin was behind her, his hips flushed tight against her rear end as they both panted and trilled through their morning interlude.

Maureen watched, inhibitions be damned, she watched them, watched their passion, saw how deeply they loved one another and expressed it.

Halfway through, Kali looked up and towards her bedroom.

Maureen almost stepped back and let the tarp drop back into place as the jay female made eye contact with her.

Kali winked then she arched her back, pushing back against her husband's firm thrusts.

Maureen stayed where she was, watching Kali be bred by Justin.

Kali closed her eyes then let out an especially loud trill as she climaxed from his prowess.

Justin followed with a mighty grunt, his tail feathers twitching behind him as he climaxed.

Maureen stood where she was; she had watched it all, and Kali let her. What had she gotten into?

Kali trilled and nuzzled her husband in the aftermath, she seemed to whisper to him before she spoke out, "Good morning, Maureen."

Called out by name, Maureen stepped out, for once not covering her breasts or groin. "Good morning, Kali," she was able to say.

Kali pulled away from her husband, showing little care for whatever drippage followed as she walked right up to Maureen.

The pine marten stood stock still, unsure of what would happen.

Kali stood before the jill. The jay female found that she only came up to Maureen's shoulders in height. She raised up her claws then set each upon the jill's swelling pair.

Maureen blushed as the smaller female casually and brazenly held her breasts, in front of her husband nonetheless. The jill looked at Justin.

The male was similarly surprised, though the reaction he showed below told her it was a good surprise for him.

Kali squeezed her tits, muttering as she played with them, "Softer than they look."

Maureen had no idea how to respond. One part of her wanted to be offended that this other female was molesting her so openly, another part wanted the curious bird to keep going.

Kali's traveling paws came down to Maureen's belly. She held it, and could feel the growing kit inside the young mother. "How long has it been since you..."

Maureen answered with a shudder, "Not since-since Caleb..."

Kali nodded as she looked up into Maureen's beautiful caramel eyes, "And Caleb is..."

"Yes." Maureen answered, her paws closing over Kali's.

Kali watched as Maureen gently guided those scaly bird hands back up to her breasts. The blue jay took the hint and she played with them, her thumbs lightly flicking the jill's nipples.

The two females both heard footsteps.

Justin stood behind his wife and before Maureen, having been amused and aroused by the strange turnabout this morning. He himself stood an extra inch over his wife, barely over Maureen's shoulders.

The three adults each made eye contact and a silent agreement seemed to be made between the trio.

...

Some time later, Maureen found herself back in bed, with two sweaty blue birds each holding her as the three caught their breaths.

Kali broke the silence first, "This was..."

Justin nodded as he nuzzled Maureen, "It was..."

Maureen finished for both of them, "Amazing?"

Kali closed her eyes, "Yes! Yes, this was amazing!"

The trio all agreed it was amazing as much as it was sudden.

...

And their relationship was this way for the next following weeks as Maureen's belly continued to grow and with it, her affection for the two birds who took her in.

As the time passed, Maureen would find herself eventually leaving the hut. She was embarrassed at first to be outside in just a loincloth and leggings, but she quickly learned it was normal for their females to walk without cover. Of course, their females didn't have her breasts.

The most she saw was loincloths for the kids, pants for the males, and the occasional shawl to cover a female when it was cold. But then, the birds were never truly naked. Most of them wore armbands to denote the tribe they come from. They wore pads on their arms and legs to protect them from the brush when they went foraging and moccasins to protect their feet.

To the birds, she was a strange individual herself. Besides the whole having breasts thing, she was taller than most of the people here who on average stood between 5'1 and 5'6, herself standing at 5'8. Only the predatory birds, like the chief, a great eagle, were bigger. Her fur was much softer than the down of their chicks and she was the only pure carnivore living in the whole village. Some remarked she ate almost as much meat as the chief.

Old Chief Gregor himself grew to tolerate her presence the more he saw her everyday. He couldn't quite put his claw on it, but there was something (two big somethings) about this mammal that made her so attractive. Many men of the village seemed to agree and this resulted in many getting slapped up the back of their heads for staring too long. The chief eventually had to make up a new rule, to save the marriages of the battered husbands of the village; Maureen had to cover her breasts up from now on, whenever she went out.

Maureen didn't mind this, though she'd grown to like having the male birds gawk at her, covering herself in a special cloth, one made for her by Kali, brought a little familiarity to her new life.

 She would be naked every time she came home anyway, naked in the arms of her new family, Kali and Justin.

In the weeks that passed, Kali found herself with egg by her husband. So now she was in the same boat with her new sister.

Justin, now a proud father to be, was overjoyed when he first heard.

But, the joy wouldn't last long...

...

A month had passed, Kali had laid her egg and now would have to incubate it for the next couple months. Baby birds didn't take as long to gestate as mammals, after all. With luck, perhaps their babies would share a birthday.

Meanwhile, Justin had attended a meeting with the village elders.

The jay warrior sat beside his friend and trusted companion, Orion.

The cardinal always seemed to worry more than his friend, this time his worries would be correct, unfortunately.

A scout who had been to the neighboring tribes spoke to the elders, "The wolves who live north of us, they invited me and my c-comrade to stay with them as a show of goodwill, but when I woke up the next morning, Keenan was dead. Someone had slashed his throat, it must've been the son of their chief. He spoke his distaste of having 'prey treated as equals' during the feast." The magpie clinched his beak as he thought of that treacherous wolf who had his friend slain.

The chief's son, a mighty eagle born with brains and brawn, stood up, "They invite our tribesman, then they murder him in his sleep like cowards. An act of war if I've ever heard one, Father."

Old Gregor was not so quick to judge, "This unfortunate thing, it is only the act of a few wolves, not of the whole tribe. We've always been at peace with our wolf brothers. I see no reason to jump into a war over the death of one scout. War is the last thing anyone wants, and there is never a good reason."

Nestor did not share his father's sentiment, "A coward fool enough to slay a scout is perhaps bold enough to steal power himself."

The chief remained adamant, "I will not have a war over one death. I will not tear families apart for a senseless battle. And Nestor, my son, don't think I don't see the same boldness you speak of in your eyes."

The young eagle clenched his fists, "I only speak for the good of our tribe. I care as much for them and their needs as you, this is why we should at least send some warriors to speak with the wolves, hear their side of the story. You're right, this could just be the actions of a few, but few can become many. We'll have to see where this son of their chief stands."

 The chief couldn't argue that logic. He sighed, "Then we'll send some soldiers to investigate, but not to fight. We don't want ill will with the wolves. Of course, Nestor," he put a scaly paw on his son's shoulder, "you will lead, you may choose two others to go with you, but remember, this is only an investigation, not a battle."

Nestor nodded, "Yes, Father."

...

Nestor had chosen two, both his closest and most trusted allies. One was another eagle, his cousin, Vera. She was as fierce and strong as she was desirable.

The other was a vulture named Feroz. Vultures were rarely ever seen as honorable warriors, he fought hard to battle stereotypes and prove himself just as worthy as his eagle companion.

They set out for the northern wolf tribe, a trek that would take them weeks to complete.

...

Weeks passed with them gone.

Life seemed to go on as normal until one day, the day they returned.

The three of them were badly injured.

Feroz's throat had been slashed, Vera had lost her right hand, but Nestor's injuries were most grave. He'd been stabbed through the gut, his left leg had a deep gash in it, but worst of all, his right eye had been totally gouged.

 The chief came to them as Tilo, the village's medicine bird, worked hard to clean and seal their wounds. Gregor felt ill to see his only son mutilated, "Was it the wolves?"

Nestor nodded in agony, "Those bastards have broken our peace! We barely stepped foot in their territories and we were ambushed! We fought our way out, it's a miracle but you see what your trust in those cowards has done."

The chief slammed the medicine bird's desk in anger, spilling some of the sparrow's homegrown remedies. The eagle glared at no one in particular, "We shared clothing and crops with these wolves, they gave us their meat and their metals in return, we've done this for ages and now... This is how they repay our goodwill!"

Word spread quickly through the village. War with their former allies, the wolves, was upon them. The furious chief rallied as many young warriors as he could for a bloody battle to kill their traitorous enemies.

Justin and Orion were among the many chosen, whether they wished it or not.

 Justin lay with his females, shell-shocked that he would go to war, something no sane bird ever looked forward to.

Kali and Maureen both shed their tears and expressed their worries.

No one went to bed happy that night.

The following morning, Kali and Maureen stood with Justin, each giving him warm hugs and kisses goodbye.

Orion was there as well with his own wife who seemed even more reluctant to let him go.

The female cardinal rubbed her beak against his, "You come back, you had better."

The worrisome warrior calmed his trembling heart, "I will return, nothing can keep me away from you."

Caryn kissed him, "It's not only me." She took his hands and guided them to her belly.

Orion gulped, "Caryn..."

"Come back to us, my love." She smiled sadly before kissing him one last time.

Then the husbands left.

Kali and Maureen held Caryn as she wept for her mate.

Kali preened her friend as she would have her own mate. It seemed to calm the cardinal's worries. She pecked Caryn's cheek, "You may stay with us, if you wish."

 Caryn sniffed and leaned into the embrace of fellow future mothers. "Thank you..." She whispered.

...

In the chief's tent, Nestor lay in bed, too injured to join his father. He groaned in pain as he tried to sit up. He failed miserably then fell back.

The flap separating his room from the rest of the hut was pushed open.

His companions, Vera and Feroz came in. Both discarded their clothing before climbing in with the eagle.

Vera straddled her cousin and ground her bare slit against his own, provoking his malehood to grow for her.

Feroz watched eagerly as the predatory birds let instinct take them from there.

Nestor grinned as he watched his beautiful cousin. He explored her with his one working eye. It fell upon the stump that used to be her right hand. "Soon, everything we lost will have been worth it." He whispered so only the two here with him could hear.

Vera kissed her cousin, "I've forfeited a paw and Feroz his voice, all for you, my love."

Nestor toppled his cousin and put her on her back, ignoring the pain he felt as he positioned himself to take her as his mate.

Vera's heart fluttered at seeing her big strong cousin about to mark her permanently as his. "What do you ask of me now, my chief."

Nestor thrust inside her with great force. "Marry me and bear me sons..." He hissed in her ear before he began breeding his legacy into her.

Feroz stroked himself as he watched them breed, as memories of that night rushed back. He chuckled evilly as he remembered cutting his own throat, just so. It robbed his voice from him, but he'd do anything for his future chief, just as Vera severed her paw, just as Nestor gored his own right eye. But before even that, shooting that wolf chieftain's son in the back with arrows, leaving a calling card to lead them back to the tribe.

The wolf tribe and bird tribe would meet in the middle and the three clever birds who'd orchestrated it will come out on top.

And somewhere outside the village lay the magpie scout, who Nestor had paid to murder his own traveling companion.

The magpie lay in a pool of his own blood, his payment stuffed down his throat.

Feroz was brought back to the present by the lusty groans of Nestor releasing his legacy inside his cousin. The vulture climaxed into his own palm as the breeding smells reached his nostrils.

If he could still speak, Feroz would have but one word to say: Perfect!

12