Ch. 01: Heavy like Honey

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Probably handing out flyers for the bowling alley." He smiled a half-smile. "You don't really have to go, do you?"

"Oh." Casey felt as though her stomach was made of live wires. "Um, yeah, I guess I can hang out... for a bit." Thoughts of Mary crossed her mind, but she was in genuine need of spending time with someone who seemed to want to be around her, someone she knew, someone she'd got along with in the past.

"Okay." He smiled, sitting back against the bike rail and exhaling a thin stream of smoke.

"Alright, I'm gonna just go say 'Good Game.'"

As Casey walked to them, she could feel her heart again, now at a faster pace. She felt if she were to look she might be able to see it beating beneath her skin.

"Good Game, Olly kid," she said when she reached them, mussing his hair and trying to hide her current state.

"Why thanks sis," he replied, drawing it out and sounding sarcastic. They were like that, not mean to each other, but definitely sarcastic.

"Mom, um, I'm gonna hang out here for a bit. I saw an old friend and we're gonna hang out."

"Oh, okay. Who, sweetie?" Again, the worry lines appeared, deepening daily.

"Just an old friend from school. Don't worry about it, Mom. I won't be home late. I'll be safe." Casey used her best reassuring voice.

"Okay, keep me informed please, okay?"

"Mom, let's go. Casey's seeing her boyfriend, okay?" Olly teased, evidently catching on to the unsaid.

"Olly, quit it. It's not my boyfriend," Casey shot him a quick glance which he knew to mean 'Stop or I'll get you back one day.' "I'll see you guys in a little bit."

"Okay, I'll have my phone turned up." Casey's Mother looked back once as they walked toward the car. Casey watched as they began to settle in, and waited for the car to start, then waved goodbye.

Walking back toward the shed, she could still see him there. Thank God, she thought, not prepared for the total humiliation that would have ensued had he been gone. In the same moment though, she wondered, what am I doing? Am I willingly breaking my own heart right now?

Regardless, Casey needed anything, anything out of the ordinary that night, and walked back toward Hassan, on concrete that seemed instead to be clouds.

12