All Comments on 'Chainsaw'

by RWesson

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019about 2 years ago

lost a couple of stars for taunting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It is one thing to write a piece that takes on a life of it's own. But writing something that just ends with no apparent reason but to foster sequels is not a winner. - TANSTAAFL

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Yep. That was a pretty good ending.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Yep. That was a pretty good ending.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Yep. That was a pretty good ending.

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 years ago

I don't understand the ending?

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 2 years ago

'Was fine. Bit overly dramatic, but hey - it's LW.

This needs to be say, though: I will always be puzzled by authors posting their stories on a free website, yet, from the get-go, aggressively inviting potential readers to NOT read said stories. Does it seem quite a bit counterproductive, RWesson? How about, instead of telling people to go elsewhere if they don't like short stories, you leave a simple "I hope you like it"?

Maybe it's just me... Just doesn't seem smart to antagonize your potential readership before your story even starts. Ah well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For a short story, you still managed a lot of simple mistakes. Perhaps the most egregious one, was this “Being an adulterous?“. Not actually coherent English as written. Perhaps you mean adulteress? Not at all equivalent, though. A number of other typos. Then there’s the plot itself. Did she cheat with Beth? Beth’s husband/boyfriend? Or just somebody else and Beth, a better friend to him than her, told him about it? You even seen proud you leave us to guess he got cut up, or not cut up, with the ‘swinging up’ of the chainsaw at the end. I can assume something, that probably is what you meant, but it’s not at all clear. Just as your hold on the English language is also unclear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

yep - finish the story - 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not even a story, waste if time.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

We’ll done 750 word story with as complete of an ending as you can have in one. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why waste readers time with a half baked half asses attempt?

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2about 2 years ago

bitch got what she deserved

ANOTHER SLUT BITES THE DUST .... so heart warming ... lol

5* 10 hardons and a tingling in my balls

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As "erotica" this story completely fails.

Nothing remotely arousing here.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 years ago

Well it could go any which way. Personally I would like to think they would literally cut the house in two. And then move on with thier lives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Terrible!-1*

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 years ago

1* for deliberately leaving it open-ended.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 years ago

This doesn’t need an ending. It’s 2 irrational and immature people fighting over something neither has any of: integrity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just as I'm pretty sure there ISN'T an ending there. A sofa would severely jamb a chainsaw blade. If she doesn't understand how to use a chainsaw in the first place I doubt she would have been able to find the "on" switch and she sure as hell wouldn't have been able to pull the starter rope. Unless she's an MMA fighter. So your "ending" wasn't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn!

A burn the bitch story that is actually worth reading!.

Of course the chainsaw reminds me of SOMETIMES A GREAT NOTION and THE RUNNING MAN. Is the bitch cutting out our hero's heart or is she just castrating and emasculating him?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If it has to be finished, it does not fit the criteria for a 750 word story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Weak effort. Never seemed to get any traction. But compared to tne tsunami of cuck crap these days….refreshing.

.

3 ***

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Sorry, I guess I'm dense - did she bring it up between his legs and cut him in half? Did she simply cut the coffee table? What's "Not yours, mine?" Did she hit herself with the saw?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

It's hard to write an original story in this genre, but the author did it! Great fun! How many people out there wish they had done the same at some point? Very good!

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 years ago

Just awful. Don't do it again.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

As per your own words, FTDS needs to work on it, to bad they are not writing any more. You left three possible outcomes, maybe four: 1: she cuts the table; 2: She cuts her husband; 3: What I thought, she cuts herself; Or 4: the Police arrive just in time to stop her or maybe to late?

I thought it started out pretty good, but a little to short and needs a little more development. I could could were it could grow a lot longer by building the story.

Any way, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That definitely wasn’t worth the time to read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What the fuck was that? Was it supposed to be understandable? Was it in any way, shape or form even the least bit erotic? Please, don’t try these 750 word challenges again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It seems like there is a very small group of women haters on here who simply get off on hurting women. That’s really very sad and pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yep, that ending was as dumb as 26thNC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Didn't care for that. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You need to work on your 750-word challenge. Keep trying.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Kinda fun until the end drove it over the cliff where it exploded upon impact with the ground. Rumor has it Michael Bay was jealous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes, she was going to cut her own heart out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hey, it OK. Its 750 words, right? That was your goal, you made your goal. Obviously the story was not the priority, not the plot, not the understanding and resolution. Funny, you think 750 words of suggestion and innuendo makes for a complete story? It snot. But thanks for the effort.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Have seen examples of this in other stories (in one, the husband actually cuts the whole house in half), but this was pretty well done for a 750-word story. Until the end - that was way too melodramatic to take seriously.

RWessonRWessonabout 2 years agoAuthor

@GuyFromShades:. Passing score, 3 of the 4 canonical endings, though not in the correct order (you list them in 3-2-1 order, and ignore #4, which is 2, then 1, the murder-suicide option. I thought the story was quite good for a story I had to write and post in 30 minutes start to finish while waiting for the Oncologist. No time for proofing after writing, and autocorrect changed a word I misspelled from adultores to adulturous instead of adulturess. Fat shaking fingers, not caught by proofing. One Grammer mistake, found vs find. For the record, the police won't get there until after she's done what she does.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Echh

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

I wonder if a spouse ever did this. I mean what could the police do? a judge might make him pay for her half.... Not bad and the writer didn't carry on to boredom.

fritz51fritz51about 2 years ago

Good start... needs an ending.

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

Good story; better if it was just a little longer!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

@secretsal, yes, I remember that story, can't remember title or author, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If i wanted to write the ending,i would have written the story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

LOL, very much like His half of the sofa idea

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

That’s a very good scene, would work really well as part of the right story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It'll take a verrrry big chainsaw to cut through the house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did CUCKY get bored with completing the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

End enough.

She cheated and finally realized and taking appropriate action

Wildbill1964Wildbill1964over 1 year ago

Well RWesson, I usually don't comment much on stories that have a great start, but then come to an inconclusive end and leaving it hanging out there with malice intended, only for me to leave a very low score to bring down the average for unhandy work, but here I am. I love the idea of this beginning, so hopefully in the near future, we will see a fantastic story with a great finale come out bigger than life. I can't wait to try it myself. Maybe several versions in fact from good writers who grab up the inspiration to put their talents to work. Thanks.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What’s wrong with you people? A good 750-word story asks for the reader to infer the larger narrative. This is a great one. He even helped you all out with the little snark after the stars. Sir, I believe that is cheating.

How much more conclusive could this ending be? A chainsaw was heading towards the coffee table. Down. She pulled the chainsaw up. Up. To her chest. She cried out one last time.

Is it really so interesting to hear about what the police did or how her parents reacted or whatever else bullshit you need for closure? He brought in a chainsaw to make a ridiculous point. She killed herself with it.

The End

Xavier3737Xavier3737about 1 year ago

Ummmmm, I think I get the ending...

He says... "And it's not enough! You've cut out my heart once, sure as hell looks like you want to do it again!". She responds... "No, not yours, mine!" she cried out one last time as she pulled the chainsaw back up.

I think the author insinuated that she cut out her own heart. The "one last time" statement from the author...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nonsense at all. Two adult idiots playing with a chainsaw being very angry, is a totally dangerous and idiot idea. So, 1* for this nonsense.

LanmandragonLanmandragon11 months ago

The next time he will know better than to leave the saw unattended

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Awesome story. Tons of meaning and impact and just 750 words. That's craft.

Pinto931Pinto93111 months ago

Well that was clear as mud.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRWesson@RWesson
Just a person with some tales to tell. If you enjoy them, that's great. If you don't, well, that's ok, too. I write both fictional and non-fictional (though heavily redacted and fictionalized) stories. I'm not going to talk about specific upcoming stories here anymore. I...