Chance Encounter

Story Info
A fateful night that leads to infidelity and darkness.
6.1k words
10.3k
10
2

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 03/10/2024
Created 02/23/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dark_Logan_
Dark_Logan_
301 Followers

Too Close For Comfort

Chapter Two: Chance Encounter

Detective Inspector Rose Callaghan cast her eyes around the desolate environment, a shiver running through her body as she took in the bleak landscape around her.

The noises of the fully operational docks away to her left on the immediate horizon filled the air with heavy industrial sounds, life carried on unabated within close proximity to crime scene she stood within. To her left the sound of a blue and white plastic carrier bag temporarily caught in a thick brambles caught her attention as it protested in the ferocious frigid wind that whipped across the open wasteland. The area to her feeling like a Guernica vision of an industrial hell that defined any genuine description due to distinct lack of any features, let alone any redeeming features.

Looking back over her right shoulder she attempted in her own mind to fathom the scenario that had led to the body which still lay in situ, all be it now hidden from view behind the pop up stark white forensic tent. As rain began to fall from the granite grey sky once more Rose watched as a line of police officers made their way in a single file formation towards where she stood. Their eyes painstakingly scanning the floor around their feet in the hope more than anything else of significant evidence that may become a clue at very least or a means of prosecution in the absolute best-case scenario.

Amongst the litter and the heavy undergrowth of brambles and weeds that scattered the ground around her Callaghan knew theirs was a thankless, if procedurally necessary task.

Turning on the heel of her practical heavy walking boots Callaghan trod carefully, just as cautiously as she had a little over twelve hours earlier when she had first arrived at the crime scene. The body of a 23-year-old local sex worker, Alice Thomas had been recognised and informally identified by one of the first Police Officers to attend the 999 call received a little after eight thirty last night. Her body cruelly and unceremoniously discarded in these bleakest of surroundings. Discarded to be discovered by Security Guard, or more specifically his patrol dog who had taken exception to an anomaly detected on the regular walk around that he and his handler took of the privately owned but hideously unsecured area of undeveloped commercial land that was littered with the detritus of fly tippers and industrial waste.

Passing a discarded and slightly rusted refrigerator lay on its side Callaghan stepped towards the hive of activity inside and outside of the scene of crime tent. Looking up through the rain that now fell sideways on the heavy wind she recognised despite the full white hazmat suit that adorned her body the Senior Pathologist as she emerged from the tent.

"We're ready to move the deceased" Mina Shazara offered from beneath the hood of her zip up disposable full body suit.

"Any indication as to the cause of death," Callaghan enquired on a grimace against the weather.

"Not at this stage..." Mina stated shaking her head as if apologetic, "...at least nothing that's obvious."

Callaghan's mind cast to the haunting vision of Alice Thomas as she had first observed her, by torchlight, on hearing Mina's comments. The short haired girl had lain awkwardly prostrate amongst puddles of rain but in the same breath she seemed perversely almost at peace with the world around her. There appeared to be no circumstantial evidence of torn or overly dishevelled clothing, with equally no tell-tale bruises or cuts visible anywhere on her torso. No trace of blood or any injuries whatsoever that would lead to an instant assumption as to the manner of her death.

"Ok... I'm heading to the station now" Callaghan offered shivering once more despite the thickness of the woollen roll neck sweater she wore beneath her parka jacket.

"Will you be present for the autopsy?" Mina enquired.

"I will," Callaghan offered without further conversation before turning her back on the crime scene and heading towards the area of scrubland where her three series BMW was parked.

Slipping into the vehicle, with the engine ticking gently over her body, welcomed the warmth that eventually came through the cars internal heating. Stabbing a finger against the button that activated the heated seat on the drivers' side of the vehicle to further stave off the savage February weather. Whilst connecting her phone to the in-car system entertainment system she felt a double vibration. One vibration on the phone connecting to a power source and a second vibration indicating a message.

Opening the front screen, she followed the source of the message, tapping her finger against the App icon for 'Elite Meets,' before she opened her private messages next to which a tiny number one sat in a little red circle.

A slight grimace crossing Callaghan's features as she waited for the message to open, fully expectant of whom the message would be from.

••• Morning. Had fun last night. Would you like to meet again? Daniel •••

Rose Callaghan closed the app and dropped her phone onto the passenger seat of the vehicle without a thought towards replying. On extending her arms to the leather covered steering wheel she glanced to the faint bruises that circled her wrists, bruises she would do well to keep hidden from inquisitive minded colleagues despite the intentionally long sleeves of her roll neck sweater.

As she drove she briefly once more considered the message received, as pleasurable as her encounter had ultimately proven to be some acquaintances, no matter how mutual pleasurable, were best left on the memory of such a sordid never to be repeated experience.

**********

Two shot glasses of straight tequila bang three times on the surface of the bar.

The barman watched on amused, feigning amusement, it was not as if this was the first time he had never seen such a display.

The brunette was quicker off the mark bringing the glass to her lips tilting her head back viciously as she hurriedly consumed the clear liquid before slamming the glass back down against the surface of the bar. Her attractive face contorted on the bitter acquired taste of the liquor consumed.

The blonde somewhat reluctantly follows suit, her platinum hair spilling down the back of her shoulders as she eventually swiftly knocks back her shot. Turning back to the bar her hand to her mouth as her eyes squeeze tightly shut on her own protest at the harsh taste of the drink, as the flat of her hand falls across her ample chest both her friend and the barman laugh at her expense.

Watching on intently from my vantage point at the far end of the bar I try to remain aloof as an attractive red head lifts a hatch to my left-hand side and passes into the hordes of Saturday night revellers that pack the claustrophobic space.

Online reviews were never necessarily to be trusted in my opinion. O'Leary's Bar had rated nightly however across nearly every review site I had searched online before impulsively deciding to head out for the night. Looking around the venue I found no reason to be disappointed in the views of internet reviewers.

From the end of the bar, I keep an eye on the brunette dressed in tight fitting red dress and her blonde friend who sports a silver dress beneath a short black leather jacket. They both elaborately feign protest but point-blank refuse the barman's offer to refill their shot glasses as he stands with the bottle of tequila hovering over their hands that in unison slap flat over the tops of their miniature glasses.

A vibration in my pocket breaks my attention away from the scene that plays out before me. Slipping my phone from my jeans pocket I turn it over to see the partial WhatsApp message displayed on the front screen, opening the phone and the app I cast my eyes across the brief message.

••• Are you around tonight? Kat xx •••

With the phone held between my hands I quickly type a response with my thumbs.

••• Sorry No. My cousin is around, unexpectedly. Heading for a few drinks then a Curry. •••

Spinning the casual fabrication with no remorse I watch as almost immediately three little dots ripple beneath my message before the message silently lands on the screen.

••• Shame, but I probably should finish my assignment tomorrow anyway. Have fun... unless you're on one of your internet hook ups!! •••

A dark smirk crosses my features, I decide not to reply and close down the phone powering it off until such time as I should need it so that any further message go unnoticed. As I slip my phone into my pocket I press away from the bar straightening the collar of the long black overcoat I wear despite the oppressive heat generated by the mass of bodies that pack the bar, worn over a black t-shirt and a pair of dark navy jeans I pick my way through the bodies between myself and the two young women I have casually watched for the last thirty minutes.

As I approach them I do not approach direct, although by sheer fortune a space opens to the left of the blonde which I shoulder my way into, purposefully nudging the blonde gently as I do so. As she turns to face me a slight scowl passes her features and I offer a sincerely apologetic look and offer a casual, "Sorry."

There is no further response as I rest my elbows on the bar and lean forwards on the expectation of being served.

The brunette glances in my direction over the shoulder of her friend, who she faces. I catch her less than surreptitious glance but do not react.

The same barman that had plied them with tequila eventually approaches me with a hurried, "What'll it be?"

I opt for a bottle of lager over my preference for bourbon on the rocks, a longer drink that will not be consumed as quickly given the plan I formulate in my mind.

"So..." I hear a voice to my right confidently state, "...as we're strangers to this City where do you recommend?"

Turning to my right taking a sip of the cold crisp lager I raise a brow as my eyes meet the dark slightly seductive gaze of the brunettes eyeline that is framed by dusky dark makeup.

"You may be asking the wrong person... I not long moved here my self,"

"Oh..."'the brunette offers with a smirk, as I note her friend does not even look my way, "...you're not much use to us then."

There is a playful tone to her statement that immediately warms me to her, despite my initial preference aesthetically at least to her friend from the comfortable distance I had until recently maintained.

"So where are you headed tonight?" the brunette immediately offers in contradiction of her previous statement.

"I've no idea...." I turn and look back into the crowd deliberately, "...the guys I play Rugby with will probably decide that for me."

The deception comes easy as I look back to her with a lopsided smile. A ruse only too easily shot down if she expects to meet said teammates, but I can handle that situation only should it presents itself.

"Rugby player..." she offers contemplative letting her eyes fall from my face to my upper body, "...you don't look beat up enough to play Rugby."

Her words are laced with a mischievous tease which I respond to with a casual shrug of my shoulders.

"You don't get all beaten up of you're quick enough?" I respond.

"Or you're not getting involved enough," is her immediate retort, once again her words are laced with playful sarcasm.

"Oh, I enjoy getting involved," I ambiguously offer with a grin aimed squarely towards her.

"I'll bet you do," she smirks "I'm Tabitha... this is Ginny."

Turning my attention away from Tabitha I look to the blonde she introduces who finally turns her gaze towards mine, with a delicate little smile.

**********

"I need the little girls' room again" Tabitha announces slipping herself from the high bar stool she perches upon.

My eyes drawn once more the black thigh boots that clad her slender legs just beneath the hem of her red figure-hugging dress.

Four hours after introducing themselves in O'Leary's Bar I find myself still in the company of both Tabitha Greenslade-Jones and her work colleague Virginia Masters, who prefers to be known as Ginny. We now sit within the dark confines of a basement bar that is illuminated by a combination of neon blue and yellow lights alongside of ultraviolet lighting that not only decorate the intimate little venue but also cast a surreal glow around the room that is littered with pillars and alcoves.

The alcohol consumption of my two new female friends has been impressive across the night. Having made excuses on behalf of the anonymous and fictious teammates of my imaginary Rugby Club we had remained in O'Leary's Bar until closing time before finding the basement bar, the name of which escapes me literally across the street from O'Leary's.

The two of them were in the City for in their own words a 'girly weekend,' I sensed there was more to their weekend away but so far had not been told and with brutal honesty had not been interested enough to ascertain what that purpose was if there even was one.

Having been initially stand-offish Ginny had warmed to me across the night, perhaps her defences slowly diminished under the influence of the vast number of cocktails consumed which had been accompanied, despite protestation, by a substantial number of additional shots of tequila. I had surreptitiously switched to non alcoholic lager for my third drink, a fact that had seemingly gone unnoticed by either of my adopted new best friends, especially as they had been more than happy that I had financed every round of drinks since they had welcomed me into their company.

I watch as Tabitha stumbles away in the heels of her boots before I turn my attention back to Ginny who sits besides me at the bar, as she smiles she leans towards me, her eyes glazed on heavy alcohol consumption.

"She likes you..." Ginny lightly chuckles like a giddy schoolgirl, "...she won't say it as I know what she's like... but you Mister... you should make a move."

As she leans forward I do not react, I had sensed the attraction myself but not acted, Tabitha constituted my back up plan as the evening progressed. Ginny remains so blissfully naive of my attraction to her across the night as she brings a paper straw to her lips and takes a long sip on a peach-coloured cocktail that she was the true object of my affection. She had been since the moment I laid eyes on her, as she sits upon her leather jacket draped over the bar stool my eyes glance along the soft pale skin of her left thigh as it her left leg crosses her right, glancing up I trace my eyes along the thin shoulder straps of the silver dress that clings to every curve of her petite frame enhancing the cleavage of her firm round breasts.

Around her neck on a simple platinum chain sits a diamond set ring, I had noted the jewellery across the evening. It intrigued me but once again not enough to offer enquiry as to what it symbolised.

"Can I let you in on a secret?" I offer leaning towards Ginny.

"What's that?" she offers with a slight slur to her words.

"I'm not interested in her..." reaching out my hand I cradle the right-hand side of her face in my left hand, "...I'm more interested in you."

I note Ginny's eyes widen as I lean even closer towards her, as I do she does not make to extricate herself from my gentle grip.

"I'm not available," she softly states.

I ignore her words, the desire that burns within in me only heightened by my proximity to her, the sense of intimacy despite our public surroundings as in the surreal glow of the bars lights I concentrate on the light blue glow cast across her beautiful features.

Striking I press my lips to hers, lips that taste sweet from the trace of the cocktail she had consumed moments earlier. As I kiss her with a greater passion her lips part and I feel her tongue gently invade my mouth as I am mildly surprised at the return of passion she offers back.

I break the kiss, pulling back with a smirk that I try not to make appear smug.

Ginny immediately looks past me, her eyes wide she shakes her head gently from side to side.

"Oh, Tabs... Oh no I'm sorry... I... I didn't mean to..."

I turn my own head over my shoulder to find the brunette stood in an aggressive stance with both her hands placed to her hips a little way behind us along the bar. Tabitha's face contorted on a deep scowl as she shakes her head slowly. Turning on her heels viscously she makes towards the exit of the bar at haste.

"Tabith... shit" I hear Ginny state from behind me, in an instant she has slipped from the stool as is chasing after her friend.

Caught in the aftermath of the unexpected repercussions I grab my own jacket and Ginny's and follow not in any haste but at a casual stroll. Ascending the stairs that lead from the basement bar I know to look to my left on exiting and passing two doormen who watch on at the same scene I witness as I step onto the pavement that is soaked by the rain that streaks from the night sky.

Tabitha stands beside a Silver Mercedes private hire taxi its back door ajar as she stabs a finger viscously towards her friend.

"Fuck you Ginny... you made your fucking bed now you can live with the fucking consequence." Tabitha snarls with unrestrained anger.

"Please Tabs please..." Ginny passionately begs "...I didn't mean to ...I didn't mean to."

Tabitha pays her no attention lowering her body into the back of the Taxi to escape the rain and her friend as she slams the car door shut behind her. Ginny makes to approach the taxi stumbling from the pavement as she reaches and slaps her hand against the back passenger window as the cab pulls away into the quiet street, passers by stopping in their tracks to witness the drama of the hideously public argument.

With a subtle shake of my head to the doorman stood to my left I step along the pavement towards Ginny noting the tears that well in her eyes amongst the rain drops that cling to her features and soak her hair.

"What am I going to do... what am I going to do?" Ginny emotionally pleads as she turns to face me, taking her leather jacket from my outstretched hand.

In truth I am at a total loss to offer any kind of answer to her enquiry, lost by the speed and intensity of the escalation of the situation I find myself unexpectedly caught in the middle of. As Ginny crashed limply into my chest I cradle her feeling her arms around me as she sobs against my chest.

"Do you want to come back to my place?" I offer without thought or hesitation. "It's not far."

**********

Her platinum blonde hair splays across the dark grey pillow beneath her

Her eyelids held shut on her breathlessness as her ample chest rises and falls as I kiss across the tops of her exposed breasts her nipples pert and hard from her arousal, her body trembling on the after shocks of the climax my tongue alone had caused as it had darted over and probed her clitoris as she lay naked across the bed.

"Oh my god," Ginny breathlessly whimpers.

"You taste so sweet" I offer on honest appraisal licking my lips, tasting her still upon me.

"No one's ever...." she offers silently, "...not like that."

My kisses move across the left-hand side of her neck, with my left hand I turn her to face me, to be able to kiss those firm lips once more. As we kiss I slide my body over hers, feeling her legs butterfly apart beneath me as I nestle between her slender thighs. Her hands slip around me gripping the backs of my shoulders.

Breaking the kiss, I look down upon her, her bleary eyes focus on mine, the smell of alcohol tainting her breath, it does not deter me.

"We shouldn't," Ginny breathlessly whispers.

Paying her no attention I move my hips forward, my body perfectly aligned with hers as on a slow long thrust I gently and deliberately slowly impale her pale slender body.

Dark_Logan_
Dark_Logan_
301 Followers
12