All Comments on 'Change One Thing'

by silverisgold

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyabout 4 years ago
Well done

The concept was great, I think most of us could use the chinese woman to get a second chance..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Now that was some parallel dimensional Crossway shit man and I loved it. A total head trip that lets one think of all of the choices we make and how they affect the world. 5 🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

Wow, this story is me, without the second change, he remained me of the events in my life, that have led me to what I am today. If I hadn't been so afraid of my my first love, or to allow a certain evil force to interfere my family. I some times think about, what my life would have been, if I had been a little more assertive, however, I wouldn't be what I am today, 60+ later. Maybe in the next life, we I will see. The one lesson, I have learned is, that I am a survivor, for my life just as easy have done into the dark side and been like those the people who tried to break me. Then the Spirit Beings wouldn't have ever been able to use me for the good. I accept me as I am. DavidSteele WHIRLWIND.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Okay, this was amazing

I have nothing bad to say about this little story - which is a huge thing! Call it what you will - nitpicking, search for perfectionism, whatever - but unlike most other stories I stumble onto, I can't find a single bad thing about this one! Well... Maybe I would have wanted to see that threesome his wife said there at the end, heheh.

But there is one thing about this story that I find *especially* to my liking, and it's this simple exchange:

"What is the point, then?"

"To lose fear."

And that lesson, my friend, I like better than all the sex scenes that could or couldn't have been in this story.

James7594James7594about 4 years ago
Nice story, well knit and closed.

It is a nice story and i loved the general concept and execution of it. I do have a few complaints. The issue he was facing was not properly explained. And there was a contradiction as well. In the beginning, when discussing with Grace, he mentioned how he had no trouble hooking with attractive women quoting actress and model, but then later he says that he was intimidated by Caroline. That and a lot of details in the end kind of worsened the story. It could have been implied but by stating things like nympho who sucked him all over the town and such, it just felt a bit too boastful and broke the mood/flow of the story I'd say, try to be little less boastful/prideful and you will have good stories.

silverisgoldsilverisgoldabout 4 years agoAuthor
Reply to james7594

Interesting thought, but I think you missed an important point: Marcus lacks confidence with smart, accomplished women, not just women in general. That’s why he goes for attractive ones who have little intelligence or direction in their lives. The world is full of these sorts, who like being with someone cute but are never equally matched with their partner out of fear of inadequacy or imposter syndrome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I love it!

Definitely an interesting plot line to consider. And also to consider for ourselves! We may not be able to go back in time and change things, but we can realize why we make choices, and learn to make different ones! Great premise, and good, clean execution!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The end of this intriguing story really doesn't show how Marcus's behaviour has changed in the now where the story starts. Marcus has been changed and his life has changed in the new past, but there is a bit missing - will those changes keep on going?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous