Changes Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He'd opened his mouth and was glaring.

"I'm not saying you can't handle it. Pretty sure you can. This is about me. Not you. Alright? And it's not about the sex. It's about...everything else that comes with it."

Adam swallowed, but said nothing.

"So...there. I mean, you've seen me. What i did when...Martin called. I really need to get my shit together. And to do that, i need..." She sighed and ran her hands down the lower part of her dress, smoothing it out.

"Stability?" He suggested.

"...Yeah."

"So...we shouldn't...do anything anymore? Ever?"

Jessica glared in an exasperated manner, eyebrows raised. "Not even twenty and you're already acting like such a man!" She slapped his thigh. "This isn't an all-or-nothing sort of deal. Or anything forever, or not forever. I'm saying...this is what i need right now."

Adam pursed his lips and nodded slowly. It makes sense. What were we supposed to do? Act like a couple - girlfriend and boyfriend - at mom's house for the next few months? Even if we're the most careful ever, which she isn't...she'd have noticed something sooner or later. If she hasn't already. And when mom does notice, it's going to make the time she chased Kaylee with a broom look like a fucking Christmas spec-

"So...you're mad? Hate me now or something?"

"What?" He frowned. "No, of course not!"

She looked dubious, meeting his eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Hey." hesitating for a second, he reached up and touched her hair. "If this is what you need...so be it. I mean...yeah, I'll miss it. But you're my aunt. And...well, since you came this time it's been...nice."

"Yeah. It has." Her voice was quiet. "I don't want to lose that. Not with Lee, and not with you."

"That's not based on sex though."

Her lips quirked faintly.

"Alright, not just on that. Look, I like you. Does...that make it more fun? Sure, but I'm not going to push or anything."

She looked at him for a long moment, then hugged him fiercely, pressing her freshly-washed mass of hair against his neck and nose. "Thanks. Seriously. Thank you. I'm so lucky to have you. And Lee. Both of you."

"It's no prob-mmmfff!" His response was cut short by her kiss, full on the lips with tongue. She tasted of mint. The kiss lasted perhaps for two-point-two-seconds before she pulled back and cleared her throat.

"Shit!" She ruffled her own hair. "Fucking hell - I'm really used to that now. Sorry. I mean - I meant it, but...fuck, sorry." She shook her head. "Clear boundaries, right?"

"Mhm. Boundaries." He grinned at her.

"Fuck. Yeah. I'll really have to think about it."

His phone gave a faint 'pling'. He glanced down at it and froze, raising his eyebrow.

"What is it?" She followed his glance.

"Did you give your friend - Kristina - my number?"

Jessica frowned. "Nooooo? Don't think so. Why? She messaging you?"

"Mhm"

"What's she saying?"

"I...." The message on the screen was short, but succinct. 'Hope you havent forgotten bout me ;)'. He cleared his throat.

Snaking her arm around hin and poking his side, his aunt grabbed the phone and read, holding it ouf of his reach.

"Hey!"

"Juuuust a second. Mhmmm. Forgotten about me, hm?" Jessica mimicked in a voice he supposed was meant to be Kristinas. "So, you two talk at all after i went outside?"

"...Yeah" He grunted.

Jessica turned more serious and handed his phone back to him. "What about?"

"She...kinda asked me out. Sorta."

"Kinda-sorta?" She grinned, then turned serious. "Yeah?"

"Mhm. Gave me her card and asked to...hang out."

"Hang out." Jessica chuckled and shook her head. "Well, well, Kris."

"I shouldn't go, right? It'd be weird."

His aunt cocked her head. "I'm the same age, remember? I mean...look, i know what you heard that night we went out and what i said to her."

"When you said she'd be shot up and that you'd pretty much kill her? Yeah, i remember."

"Riiiiiight." She blew out her cheeks and sighed. "But...well, i don't want to stay in the way of anything either. And Kris..." Jessica shrugged. "She's pretty great. She was my best friend. Don't get me wrong, she's absolutely nuts sometimes. And i'ma talk with her about asking you that before talking to me."

He smiled.

"But...i mean, Kris is great. And she knows what she wants. She's smart, pretty..." Jessica shrugged. "...Why not?" She met his eyes. "...assuming you know that 'hanging out' here means...more. You know that, right?"

"I had no idea." Adam deadpanned. "But why would...pretty sure she can date anyone she wants. She's successful. In real estate. Pretty sure she can get whatever local guy she wants..."

"And she has." Jessica replied. "Look. Kris is a bit odd in the way that she's not looking to settle. Kids, family - that whole thing people want in their late twenties? That's not her. It's never been her. Kris has dated back and forth for years, across all ages-"

"Thanks" He said dryly.

"Psh!" She grinned and flicked his nose with finger. "Can't be easily intimated with her, Adam. Yeah - she's dated plenty. Fucked plenty. So have i, remember?"

He nodded.

"Best way to handle it is to not care about it. If she's with you, she's with you. She's never been with a guy for his money, or cars, or whatever, as far as i know. She really doesn't give a shit about that."

"And you?"

She frowned, then shrugged. "Honestly? Yeah, i care. Money makes things a lot easier, and more fun. Buuuuut, it also can turn people into dicks. I think Martin would be a cocksucker even with a buck-fifty to his name, but the money sure didn't help. But Kris doesn't. She doesn't care that you don't have money. Or a car. Or your own plac-"

"Thanks! I get....i get it."

Jessica laughed, merriment sparkling in her eyes. "I'm teasing - sort of. But look...if you're with her...remember Lee probably won't be thrilled. At all."

"Yeah. I know."

His mother's voice came from inside, calling that the food was ready. They both rose and went indoors.

*******

Jessica shut the door to her small room. It was late, and she'd managed to borrow Adam's phone - since she'd been smart enough to smash hers in her fit of rage.

Shit. Shitshit. What she'd recalled turned everything she'd said to Adam into the worst idea in ten years - though she couldn't tell him that. now.

She pulled it, out, quickly entered the simple pattern Adam used for a passphrase - which he'd shown her - and instead of thumbing a number, went through the messages and quickly found Kris's latest message. A quick tap, and it was ringing.

"Heeeey. Didn't take long. Guess i must've given some bee-jay, hmmmm?"

"Yeah - nice try, Kris. It's me."

"Jess? Jesus - what are you doing with your nephews phone - and how are you?"

"I..." She paused, took a deep breath. "I'm better. Thanks for yesterday."

"Yeah? That asshole call you again?"

"Nah. Nah, i think...that's over. For good this time, thank god."

"Good. I never liked him, y'know. Did i tell you he tried to feel me up when i visited you?"

"Yeah. You told me - a couple of times. And yeah...he's...he's an asshole."

"Mhm. What are you doing? Want to head out tonight?"

"I...no, Kris. I'm just home - but that's not why i'm calling."

"Oh?"

"Kris. Are you serious with what you're telling Adam?"

"Why wouldn't i be?"

"Maybe because like ten years younger than, you, doesn't have his own place, his own car or really...anything?" Her face felt flushed at talking that way about Adam, but she presse on. "So what the fuck, Kris? Are you just fucking with me? With him?"

There was silence on the other end for a long moment.

"Jess. Look, i think he's a cool guy. I don't care about any of that. Age thing? Sure, there's an age gap. But that's fine with me. If it doesn't bug him...he's eighteen. He's legal."

"Yeah, he's fucking legal. But he's my fucking nephew. I live with him, for god's sake. He lives with his mom. What are you going to do? Come over and play video games in his room? Wait for his mom to bring up chocolate milk while you're making out and pull up your fucking bra?" She knew what she was doing - but didn't care. Better she gets uncomfortable quickly.

Instead, and to her great annoyance, Kristina laughed. "I think we can find something different - like meeting at my place."

"Kris..." she inhaled. "Fuck!"

"Jess. Babe. You're wondering if i'm serious. Like, seriously interested and not fucking around? Well, i think i am. I want to spend some alone time with him, at least, see where things go."

"His mom will. Kill. You."

"She's that hung up on the age thing, you think?"

"Uh - with her only son?! Bet your ass she is, Kris! And do you seriously think she won't remember at some point?"

A pause.

"What? Remember?"

"You've changed your hair Kris, and you don't have thirteen goddamn piercings - but eventually even that realtor blazer and skirt isn't going to prevent Lee from remembering who you are, and how often you were over ten years back."

"So? We were friends and i might have said 'hey'. What's your point?"

"You think that's all she knows?"

"Jess - what are you saying?"

******************************

10 years earlier

"Shut that lame-ass garbage off, Kris!" Jess threw herself on her bed and made a face.

"Since when don't you like Alicia Keys, bitch?" Kristina turned from the stereo and leaned against the shelf, hands behind her back and pushing her legs and upper body forward. It emphasized the short cut of her top, and the torn state of her jeans. Her hair was freshly-blonded and fell to below her shoulders, and she wore enough makeup in the form of lipstick, mascara and eyeshadow to emphasize the glint of her nose, lip and ear piercings in the forms of various rings and studs.

"Since always! Besides, if you blast some shit, my sister's going to come raging through that door right there and bitch for half an hour. I've got no patience for that, alright?"

"Fiiiine. Boo." Kristina turned it down and sashayed over to the bed, plopping down unceremoniously with a content sigh. "You missed math today."

"Alert the damn media, jeeze." Jessica close her eyes and leaned back. "Just wanted to get home."

"Everything okay?" Kris looked around, as if able to see the rest of the house through the walls.

"Except mom and dad getting worse every week, seems like? Peachy." She closed, then opened her eyes at the sensation of a hand in her hair and found Kris looking down at her, face serious. "I'm okay."

"If you miss class like that, you won't be. Pretty sure you're already failing math, babe."

"Yeah - well, maybe i won't need it." She grinned and stretched her arms above her head. "Pretty sure i'm not cut out to get some science-based job."

"You never know."

"Just because you look like a two-dollar slut and have the brains of a fucking Mensa-student doesn't mean i have to. Or do."

"You don't study at Mensa, Dumbo."

Jessica pinched Kristina's leg until she squealed.

"You're not dumb, babe. You just need to apply yourself more." Kristina put her head next to Jess and looked up at the ceiling. "But...i know."

She didn't answer.

"'Sides, don't talk to me like i'm some nerd." Kristina dug in her left pocket, bringing out a small plastic bag. "Would a nerd bring her friend some of this nice kine bud?"

"You didn't!"

"Oh, but i did." Kris grinned and shook the bag. "A-quality from Warren."

"Warren?" Jess raised her head. "Kris - you blow him?"

"Ew! No - gross!" Kris threw the bag at her face. "I make money, bitch. You think i sling burgers at fucking micky-D because i have such a great time?"

Jess grinned and opened the bag. "Damn!" She blinked. "That does smell pretty good."

"Mhm. Damn straight. I don't blow guys for a bag of stems. That's you, remember?"

"Riiiight." Jess mock-pouted and reached over the bed, retrieving her bowl. She prepared a full bowl and lighted it, taking a pull, holding it and exhaling slowly. A mist formed in the room, smelling somewhat dank, pungent, but pleasant overall. She sighed deeply, feeling herself relax already. "Damn...that's good."

"Mhm." Kris took the bowl and took a drag. "I know my stuff. And so does Warren, i guess."

The music switched to Li'l Flip and Sunshine.

"Mhmmm." Jess took another pull and smiled.

"Derek asked about you. I think he's interested."

Jessica snorted. "Yeah? As if i'd ever go out with that asshole."

Kris raised her eyebrow and put the bowl down on the bedside table. "Hey, he's cute. And he's not a douchebag, like Todd or Nicky. I think he really likes you."

"He's too short."

"Too short?" Kristina hit her in the face with a pillow. "You're a fucking hobbit, bitch!"

Jessica laughed. "Am not!"

"He's way taller than you. You're way too picky though. Should have some more fun. How long since you had some fun?"

"What - you mean besides your brother?" Jessica smirked.

"Ugh!" Kristina glared, and a blush rose to her cheeks. "Don't even go there! Fuck! I should cut his damn nuts off!"

"No, don't - no one's fucked me sideways like that in a loooong time."

"Jess!"

"Oh, fine." She grinned. "Nah, i'm good. All the guys at school are way immature. You know what i did last week? Checked out some gigs on, like...Yachts and stuff. Big boats.. In Florida and other cool places. You can start when you're eighteen, even. No high school diploma needed. Pretty neat, right?"

Kristina looked dubious, to put it mildly. "Really?"

"Yeah, i mean...pretty cool. Live on some nice yacht, do some simple stuff. Serve drinks, food, do some cleaning. You earn good money, plus you get to hang with some cool people."

"Cool people?" Kristina rolled her eyes. "Those positions are basically code for some millionaire's fucktoy until he tires of you. Getting to be someone's fucking bang-maid - and a pretty cheap one at that."

"Meh...bullshit."

"Yeah. I'm sure they're looking for the youngest, prettiest women barely out of school cause they're the best at the job." Kristina deadpanned. "They want pictures of you too, right?"

"...Shut up!"

Kristina grinned. "You're better than that. Besides, you're too hot for that."

Someone knocked and banged on the door. A few moments later, another voice called from below. 'Adam! Get over here' The sound of someone running down the hallway.

Jessica rose, walked to the door and locked it.

Kris raised her eyebrow.

"What? Think i want her coming in here. Fucking hell. The older that kid gets, the more she tries to mom me - and i'm in no mood for that shit."

"She's just being..."

Jess eyed her sharply, and Kris raised her hands defensively. "Yeah. She is, but whatever."

They listened to the music for a minute. The door handle moved, and then someone banged on the door. "Jess? Open up!"

"Why? Watcha want?"

"Open this damned door, Jessica!"

Jessica blew a raspberry and rose from her bed, dragging her feet to the door and unlocking it.

Her sister opened it, wearing one of mom's thin, red summer dresses, her hair a thick curly, mess. She had a harried expression, eyes darting. "Jessica, where's Adam?"

She raised her brow. "What? Think i'm locking him in my fucking room now?"

"Hey, Jessica! How are you?" Kristina piped in from behind her.

Her sister ignored the greeting and glared down at her. "You haven't seen him?"

"I haven't seen him." Jessica said, her voice cold even to her own ears. "If you're gonna be a mom, maybe keep a better eye on your fucking son, hm?"

Aileen's eyes flared and her lips thinned. "I...Dad needs help with his meds. Can you-"

"Meh. I'm busy, Lee. You do it. Or have the nurse do it when she gets here."

"I can't do everything, Jessica! I'm already cooking dinner, keeping an eye on Adam and keeping the house in order. Mom's in the kitchen and it's worse today. Ted said that you should be-"

"Yeah, no, Lee. Anything that begins with 'Ted says', fuck that. You married him - i didn't, alright?"

"Jess. I...Please." Her sister's eyes shone and she swallowed.

Jessica exhaled slowly and closed her eyes. "Fine. Fine! I got it."

Aileen opened her mouth but Jessica forestalled her.

"But later, alright? Not now. I still have stuff to do. You want me to do school stuff, yeah?"

Her sister looked about to say a dozen protests, but nodded. "Alright. Twenty minutes?"

"Sure, whatever." Jessica closed the door in her face.

Kristina seemed ill at ease, looking down at the bed.

"Ugh." Jess sat down again, shaking her head. "She's such a bitch sometimes. Do this. Do that. " She mimicked her sisters voice. "And her fucking husband bitching about what i should be doing? No, thank you." She rolled her eyes and leaned against the headboard.

"You could be nicer."

Jessica stared. "What? So it's my fault?"

"Not...fault, no." Kristina eyed her then shook her head. "Forget it."

"Damn straight." She grabbed the bowl, re-lit it and took another drag. "'Sides, we have so much of this good stuff. Forget her." She grinned at Kris.

"Mhmmmm...damn good stuff too." Kris sighed and stretched out on the bed.

Jessica stretched out next to her and closed her eyes. She heard the faint thudding of feet, and the faint noises of Lee apparently calling for and looking for Adam.

She opened her eyes at a sensation of weight and looked up into Kris eyes. "What?"

"Nothing."

"Riiiight." Jess moved her hands to Kris' rear and slapped down with one hand. "Then move."

"Nuh-uh." Kris leaned down and bit her lip.

"You always get weird when you're high."

"Weird?" Kris showed white teeth in a grin.

"You get horny as fuck." Jessica clarified and rolled her eyes.

"Not always."

"And now?" Jessica pulled her arm up and found her friend's left breast, pinching her stiff nipple gently.

"Aah...maybe?" Kris touched her upper lip with her tongue.

"Slut."

"I didn't blow Thomas behind the gym." Jessica retorted.

"No, just my brother" Kristina glared.

"Oh, i did way more than just blowjobs with him, Kris."

"Ugh! Fucking hate you!" Kristina punched her shoulder and rolled off.

Jessica followed, rolling atop her and kissing her deeply. She tasted of weed. One hand in her hair, she kept her friend from pulling back and held her down in the bed.

"Mmm..." Kristina murmured when she pulled back.

"Yeah?"

"Mhmmm..." was Kristina's monosyllabic response. Her hand reached between Jessica's legs, groping for and digging for her underwear and what lay below in her pants.

"Mmm...you're worse than a guy." Jessica lifted her lower body, allowing Kristina easier access to undo her pants.

"A guy doesn't know half of what to do with you." She paused and glared up at her. "And if you mention my brother one more time, i'll fucking bite you, i swear to god."

"I wasn't gonna." Jessica lied.

She moved her hands down, easily finding the buttons of Kris' jeans and opening them. A quick push down her friend's underwear, finding her pussy and inserting a finger and she rolled her eyes. "It's ridiculous how easy you get wet when you're high." She inhaled sharply as she felt Kris's finger along her own slit.

"I'm not the one that...shaved today. Didn't you?"

"Yeah." She admitted, groaning and lifting her hips. "I...like the feel. It's nice and smooth."

"Yeah." Kris breathed. "It is."

Jess reached down to her jeans and pushed them down all the way down her legs, kicking them off. She groaned when Kris ignored her underwear, just pushing it aside to finger her. Breathing harder, she pulled her top over her head, then reaching behind her back.