Changing Husbands

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Judith squirmed.

"Come on, out with it."

"You won't like it. It's best that I don't..."

"Come on mom. So he thinks Maxine is better at sex than me?"

Judith said nothing and looked away.

"Omigod, out with it mom."

"Don't be mad at me darling. He made Maxine angry telling her I was the best he'd ever had."

For a moment Michelle appeared stunned. She smiled and placed her arms around her mom kissed her and said, "This is the truth mom. I always knew you were the best although not quite in that respect. What a damn idiot dad is."

"Hush darling. Let's not go there again. You must think it awful being told that?"

"Mom my pride runneth over. When may I try sex with just the best?"

"God Michelle back off."

"Just joking mom. I am very, very proud of you. This is about something else and I think it's a great time to bring it up; will you call me Micki? I've come to really like the name."

"I'll think about it darling. Go for a swim. I'll be with you in a few minutes."

Michelle had just reached her father and siblings when Judith called from the kitchen door, "Micki, find out what they want to drink and come help me carry."

"Yes mom," came the delighted response. "Put your black swimsuit on; we all love you in that."

CHAPTER 2

Something changed for Judith. It began with the chief surgeon patting her on the ass one morning when they were finished up after a difficult reconstruction.

"You did exceptionally well Judith."

Judith looked at where his hand was and he slowly slid it off her rump. They began washing up silently until, "You've become sexy."

"Rubbish Colin."

"I didn't expect you to acknowledge it."

That conversation ended with others coming into the room and she thought that Colin was hallucinating.

A few days later the assistant chief administrator asked her to dinner.

In surprise she asked why.

"You appear prime dinner company and, er, my wife is away."

"You know I'm married Lance."

"Well we have that in common."

She laughed. "Well I'm not dating you."

His face fell and she knew she wasn't heartless. "But you can come to my home for lunch this Sunday."

"Will Harry be there?"

"Lance stop it. Of course he'll be there."

"Good," grinned the 40-year old. "I always enjoy his company."

Judith flushed, having caught the wickedness in his smile.

Lunch went well. Micki was back at college and the other two kids were away with friends."

"As he was leaving Lance said, "I'd like to invite you two out fishing on Saturday."

"Sorry pal I have golf. I thought you would have too; it's our big summer tournament."

"Nah I decided to give it a miss."

Harry said, "You go with them honey. You don't like fishing but like boating."

Judith opened her mouth to decline with thanks when Lance said, "Olin's Marina, Pier 3 berth 14 Judith. I know it's only river fishing with a good chance of getting nothing but we serve good food and wine."

Judith accepted thinking by 'we' Lance must have invited others.

But he hadn't. Annoyed she said, "You have enticed me here through misrepresentation."

"Don't be too hard on me," Lance lied handing Judith his phone. Sue and my brother-in-law cancelled at the last minute. Speed dial 63 and ask them."

Judith hesitated and handed back the phone and Lance knew that would happen.

"Well move your ass and cast off at the bow," ordered Captain Lance Langford before climbing up to the wheelhouse. "When I yell cast off the stern line throw it well back to avoid the propellers. Here use these gloves; we don't wish to harm the hands of a surgeon. Then go to the galley and grab two glasses and grab a bottle of white wine from the refrigerator."

"Aye, aye captain."

Judith arrived with the wine and glasses. "God it's high up here."

Lance, now wearing only shorts and scuffs said, "Get your gear off."

"Excuse me!"

"Your top gear. You are wearing a bikini under that stuff aren't you?"

"Um well yes, but more like a top and very short shorts."

"Well what are you waiting for? I want to get a good look at you."

"Why?"

Lance paused to think. "I appreciate well-built structures."

She thought what the hell. But no way would she have sex with him.

Judith was almost asleep when she heard the twin engines stop and the anchor chain rattle out. Oh this was for Lance and this fishing.

Wrong.

Minutes later she felt something brush her lips and recognized the smell of a dick.

"Suck on this baby."

Well as Micki had counseled unless she broke out to become really happy again life would pass her by. This was just a stepping-stone. She opened her mouth and Lance pushed in. She went to work and heard him pant "Jesus Judith." After that high praise it simply became one step after another until Lance pulled out of her for the second time to spray her tits and then groaned, "Jesus Judith, I'm all tuckered out."

However in half an hour he had some spark back and they went at it again before sighed and pulled up anchor and returned them home safely.

It was only 3:00 when Judith approached the house. She stopped and reserved the car, noticing Martha Buchanan's red car in the driveway.

"Bitch," she hissed.

Ten minutes later Harry and Martha came out the front door, holding hands but they then dropped hands and said goodbye. As Martha went to get into her car she glanced towards the street and appearing satisfied no one was passing pulled up her skirt and cupped a breast. From her distance away and not being at a good angle, Judith couldn't see if Martha had any panties on but she saw Harry's interested grin and he placed a hand over his dick.

"Martha you bitch," Judith growled, thinking that two-faced cow had promised her she'd stay away from Harry. "And you Harry are dead on the water."

She waited a few minutes and then drove in quietly. Harry was on the bed asleep, unzipped and a hand around his flaccid dick. She shook him awake and smiled.

"Hi. We had a great time on the water and now I feel like sex."

Harry pushed his flaccid dick back through his zip. "I er am tired after golf."

"Just a five minute fuck," she whined. "I was so looking forward to it."

"Um later."

She went into the dressing room and pulled out a pair of fresh panties and in the bathroom took a condom from the cabinet, filled it with water to stretch it and then tipped almost all of the water out."

"Harry!" she yelled and marched into the bedroom. "What the hell are these?"

Harry looked bewildered. "We didn't use condoms and she arrived without panties."

"Who is she?" Judith yelled murderously.

"Only Martha," he cried defensively.

"I saw her leaving," Judith said quietly. "Harry move into the guestroom and I want you out of this house tomorrow and to advise your attorney I am commencing divorce proceedings."

"Oh honey, let's talk this through."

"No the most I can forgive anyone is once and you've had that Harry. Now get out of my bedroom."

She cried as she watched him leave and heard him snarl, "Bitch."

She felt much better knowing she'd got through to him. She changed and then went out to make dinner and prepare for the arrival home of the children.

She then called Arnold Buchanan.

"Hi Arnold. Your wife is back to having sex with my husband. I almost caught them at it and tricked Harry into admitting it."

"Oh damn, just when I thought we had it sorted. Um would you like to do it with me?"

"No thanks Arnold, you're too short for me. I mean in height. I'm divorcing my treacherous husband."

"Good move. With him gone from the neighborhood I'll have no one sharing my wife."

"Dream on Arnold," Judith said smiling in the hope she'd planted doubt in his head. That bitch ought to be taught a real lesson.

Johnny came in half an hour after Trudy. Judith sat them down and told them she would be divorcing their father and why.

"It was just a fuck mom, don't be too hard on dad."

Judith fumed and told Trudy not to use that word in front of her.

"Sorry mom. What will happen to us?" she asked.

"You'll have the choice of living with either one of us or perhaps you could live with Grandma Jean."

"I'll stay with you. Can we continue living in this house?"

"I should think so darling. But don't rush your decision."

Johnny scowled, "I really should live with dad but he's been such a jerk to you mom and that means he's also let us down. I'm only fifteen and need a mom. Dad will be too busy chasing after women to find someone to cook for him than to bother with me."

That was probably right, Judith thought, and urged Johnny to take his time to think about it.

This wasn't really about adultery," she thought, calling Micki early evening to get her but didn't get through. No it was about lost respect for each other. The signs had been there for some years but they had both ignored them and now she was also an adulterer.

Micki who'd been on another call phoned. She listened without any adverse comment or indeed any comment apart from the occasional neutral "I see."

"Well?"

"No one can accuse you of not trying to hold your family together mom. I'm pleased you had the courage to do this."

"You are pleased?"

"Yes mom. I wanted to suggest you do it but then felt it wasn't my place to break up my own family. What do the kids think?"

"You wanted to urge me to do it."

"Yes mom. And all but said it in my 'get a life speech' if you care to remember."

"Well you set me thinking."

"I decided that's as far as I could go."

"What do the kids think?"

"Trudy appears pro me at the moment and Johnny thinks it could be his best option as he needs a mother."

"He's not waiting for the best offer mom. That kid will development into the best brain of our family. I'll come home this weekend to support you three. I'll be telling them to stay cool, that you'll build a new family round them."

"Oh darling but I'm not sure I'm capable of doing that. I'm not sure if any guy would want a family with kids aged twenty-one, almost seventeen and fifteen."

"You will find a choice guy. Think divorced with no children."

"I can't see that happening but your presence here will be good for us."

"I'll also hunt dad down and talk to him."

"About coming back to me?"

"Hell no. I'll urge him to settle amicably and to continue to be a friend of our family. Watch Trudy mom. She'll be the one most likely to crack over this."

Judith couldn't believe what she'd just heard. "W-what about me?"

"Mom you're the tough guy of our family and you better believe it. Actually you must know that. The only time you falter is when work leaves you almost exhausted. Do you want to talk to Blue... he's in the shower?"

"What to heap guilt on to myself. No thanks. Just tell him the news and to say I said hi and tell him to study hard. I surprised he's still around."

"Sometime its best to stick with who and what you know mom. I've looked round a bit and oh yuk."

"You are doing the right thing darling. I'll tell you this. I think you have yet to experience the best in Blue. He's passing through a phase that your English grandmother calls "Sowing his oats."

"God mom, you can knock the socks off me at times. What you have just said about I have yet to see the best in him is something I have thought about but have been unable to verbalize to myself."

"You are at an institution being trained to think at higher levels darling. It will come Micki. Good night sweetheart."

"You are the best mom a girl could have," Micki said, bursting into tears and cutting the call.

Judith sniffed hard and sat thinking.

* * *

Micki called a number of her friends who knew her father to find if they knew where he was staying. Several had seem him about with various women but no one was aware he wasn't living at home.

She called the financial services partnership where he worked, not giving his name, but was told she could make an appointment to see Mr Kennedy but home addresses of partners could not be disclosed.

"Then please tell him to call me."

'I'm sorry ma'am but cannot do that unless you identify yourself as being one of his major clients."

"I'm Michelle his fucking daughter, Micki yelled and cut the call feeling like strangling the bitch.

He father called less than two minutes later.

"Hi, has your mom being the bearer of bad news?"

"Yes dad but I saw it coming."

""You did? Well frankly I didn't. I thought splitting with me might be a problem professionally for her."

"I saw it coming dad because you are so irresponsible being back with Martha Buchanan and you and Aunt Maxine and you making a pitch for me eighteen months ago when mom was at that workshop in Ottawa."

"Jesus you've told her about me making you suck me off and how the hell did you find out about me and your aunt?"

"Dad telling you will get us nowhere. I'll never tell mom about you and me and about you and Maxine. Just accept my word on that."

"Thanks baby."

"Dad I'll be home this weekend to help hold your family together. I want you to book Sunday lunch for us so we can chat about the divorce and the aftermath. Whatever happens you are my father and when I marry, if I ever do, I'll want you there dad and soon as possible after the arrival of your first grandchild."

"Oh Jesus, what have I done?"

"Toughen up dad. It happens all the time. Find someone and treat her well and start all over again. You have my number. Call me about the booking. I'll get them all there even if I have to kick ass but mom is under my thumb and the kids don't yet quite know what to think but they know one thing and that's you are their father. I suggest you think about telling them to stay with mom for the good of the family but it's your call. You might end up with a younger woman if you come to her without children. She may even have children."

"I-I haven't through this through have I?"

"No dad. Men have difficulty thinking beyond their dick. Call me is you wish to talk to someone you can trust. I guarantee confidentiality. I must go. Chin up."

"I never have known you to be like this um Micki."

Micki laughed and told him to cut the crap and keep on calling her Michelle. She thought had he ever tried to know her, what she thought, what her innermost aspirations were? Yet her mom did all that and never stopped relating and adjusting to change affecting her daughter.

He said goodbye and added, "Judith didn't want you called Michelle. That's why she'll be happy calling you Micki."

Micki cut the call without replying, quite astonished to learn her father could still surprise her. Well the family would not completely cut ties with him so she'd still learn from him. She could also ask why had he chosen to start fucking Maxine when he began going out with her older sister? To this day Maxine had no idea although conceding it had been a huge risk. Maxine had told her about her best-kept secret one night up at the lake when drunk and Micki had been putting her to bed.

* * *

Judith knew from hearing of other women's experiences it would be difficult finding a replacement for Harry but she found just the word difficult had different shades of meaning ranging, it would appear, from mildly difficult to hopelessly difficult. It didn't help being told that possibly twenty or more women at the hospital were currently on the guy search that could lead to beyond one-night stands.

She soon learned not to talk about her plight and to keep away from other women in her situation in case their negative attitude was contagious.

However she did complain about her lack of success to Micki.

"Mom are you really looking?"

"I think so. I am particularly focused on men and wear a bright smile and if they talk to me I attempt to remain open and friendly."

"At least that's a start," said her daughter encouragingly, sounding as if she was taking care not to sound patronizing. "Are you accepting practically all invitations to dine out and go to parties?"

"The few I receive, yes."

"And you are prepared to have sex without stupid rules like not on the first few date or not until you get to know the guy better?"

"Darling, don't you think..."

"Answer me mom."

"All right I could do it on a first date. I know I could. God I'm feeling so horny at times I would be tempted to drag the guy into the house when he arrived to take me somewhere."

"Good girl mom. I like it."

"You are not haunting bars looking are you?"

"No."

"Good girl. You're only like to find adulterers and losers there. Increase your contacts with your girlfriends and if they invite you say you don't have a partner. The smart ones will know what to do and invite someone they would probably like a piece of themselves but of course others will land you with a donkey, er a mommy's boy, a brother who can't hold a date or something like that. You could also book in at a resort for a weekend providing Johnny has somewhere to go."

"That sounds like a positive suggestion."

"If I were a guy looking for a new partner I think I would try that, hoping a spa resort is where lovely lonely women would go to lament and hope to get lucky. That's about me done. Oh what about former patients, guys who impressed you?"

"That kind of guy is already married."

Micki snorted. "I see, so they never split from their partner?"

"Well that could be so but it would not be considered ethical to hunt down one's former patients."

"What if it were two or three years since you handled them... er they consulted you?"

"I suppose that would be acceptable."

"Well there you go mom. You now have a set agenda. I will be calling to hear about positive progress and if you make feeble excuses I'll crack the whip."

Next morning Judith asked the department's executive director for a junior to work with her on a research project taking an estimated ten hours to survey former patients to produce data on how they see themselves today two to three years after surgery.

"Darling I know you don't bother me usually with quirky little projects like some of the other surgeons," Margaret said. "But you must understand I am obliged to justify deployment of resources."

"But I only asked for a junior, um an intelligent one with a good telephone manner."

"It doesn't matter, a resource is a resource. Let me ask you this, what is the purpose of this exercise?"

Judith thought quickly and smiled. "If the findings come up to expectations and show patterns then I'll deepen this preliminary research and submit a paper for publication."

"Oh fine, no problem providing this hospital is acknowledged in credits and by that I mean not just mentioning you work here."

"Of course and if publishing I'd give special thanks to you Margaret and to our little research assistant."

Margaret beamed and said she would get on to the request later in the day.

That afternoon Judith had finished drafting reports and was about to leave for home when a timid-looking junior knocked on her door. She was all of eighteen but being at least six-one couldn't be described as little.

"I'm Rachel Carson-Blake your researcher. I am so honored to meet you again."

That was sufficient to trigger Judith's memory. "I seem to remember you... four and five years ago, Emily Carson-Blake, your grandmother, two hip replacements, done eighteen months apart."

"Yes. You have an amazing memory."

"Not really. Your grandmother had this really posh English accent."

"She still does and these days has greater mobility that most of her friends who have hip and/or knee problems. She only uses a stick to prevent a fall as you told her the possible consequences of a serious fall."

Judith spent the next ten minutes briefing her researcher who seemed to know what Judith wanted ahead of being told.

"You appear to be very knowledgeable about preliminary research Rachel?"