Changing Sisters

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * *

It disturbed Charlton that Becky's mother wanted him to visit for dinner. Whatever for? Well Becky completed her contract on Friday so perhaps mother was worried her baby might be tossed out of his home. Hadn't Becky told her Charlton had said she could stay with him as long as it suited them both? Oh well, never mind.

Becky had said her sister would be there but after the mother finished smearing her lipstick over him Charlton noted that four-second eye contact with the sister was the best he received all evening. She was a frumpy, surly bitch and only spoke when spoken to. He'd been expecting a vivacious blonde who'd look interest in having a piece of him. Their father was okay -- and they nodded with slight recognition. When shaking hands they eyed one another steadily, Arnold aware the young fellow had seen him occasionally at parties, Arnold with never-the-same blonde bimbo in tow.

"This rack of lamb -- absolutely exquisite Mrs Hartford."

She swelled up and showed she had breasts and invited Charlton to call her Francesca.

"Exactly what do you do at Wholesome Canine Foods Charlton?" she asked. "My daughter talks about you but never has discussed what you do or anything about your company for that matter."

"That is your daughter being profession discreet."

"Oh yes, quite. Are you a salesman?"

"I couldn't sell a handle off a bucket."

"Well I couldn't either," Francesca laughed. "Then are you a line accountant?"

"Mom, Charlton probably doesn't know the term. He's executive chairman and owns the company along with his parents."

Francesca looked astonished. "B-but that's a top 100 privately owned company, or at least it was when I was working in accountancy."

"Some people have to own those companies Francesca. I'm sorry if my position has given offence."

Charlton caught the smile tottering on sister's lips and made three-second eye contact before she hung her head again.

"No," Francesca laughed. "No offence taken. But why would a guy in your elite position want to associate with a young woman like Becky?"

"Because so-called elite women are usually self-centered and boring. I associate with Becky because she's very interesting as a person and is awesome at sex?"

Becky and her father laughed heartedly, Francesca looked as if she was waiting to sink through the floor and Maggie ran from the room and was not seen again by the visitor.

On the way home Carlton said, "I guess I was a dinner disaster?"

"Perhaps only mildly so," smiled Becky, reaching for his hand and ignoring the beady eyes of the cabbie in his rearview mirror. "It was funny really. Dad looked to be slightly nervous of you, mom was fawning you and Maggie was initially resentful, then seemed to be warming to you when you made that outrageous remark about sex and that tipped her over."

"Doesn't she like sex?"

"She's recently divorced because of the infidelity of her ex who is about to marry one of her best friends who was center of the bust-up."

"Oh, I didn't know. You said nothing about that."

"True and that's why I'm not mad at you. I know I should have prepared you."

"No sweat. Soon she'll be back fucking again."

"God you men. That's all you think about. What about the plans she had for her future?"

"Did she have plans?"

"Grrrrrrrr!"

Next morning Charlton personally sent Francesca flowers, thanking her for her wonderfully hospitality and flowers to Maggie apologizing for apparently upsetting her over something."

* * *

"Oh god, look at these unseasonable flower," Francesca crowed. "I knew Charlton would be well-mannered. He'll have a lovely mother. Why two bouquets I have no idea. Oh, this smaller one is for you dear."

"Me?"

"Yes Maggie. Perhaps he finds you attractive?"

"Me?"

"Well you were before your let yourself go. Read the note to me dear."

"They are really beautiful flowers."

"Maggie, the note."

"I apologize for apparently upsetting you last night. I now know I was suppose to act sensitively in your company. Get your head above water Maggie -- you have a life to live. Love Charlton."

"Oh the darling man."

Francesca couldn't believe what she was hearing... interaction from Maggie, the first time to an outside person since the bust-up. This was a miracle.

"Go to your bedroom and phone him to thank him darling. I'll send him a note."

"Why can't I send him a note?"

"He believes he has hurt you; only a personal call will reassure him you're okay." Francesca said, wondering why she was doing this.

"Okay."

Francesca watched open mouth as Maggie ran to her room and slammed the door shut. What was this?

Maggie re-merged and said, "He was surprised that I called and was ever so nice."

"And?"

"That's all. There was nothing more either of us could say. He's Becky's boyfriend mom."

Francesca thought that was true but the situation should be reversed. Becky had the body and the personality to land almost any guy she wanted. Maggie had always waited for a guy to take an interest in her and then was hopeless choosy and had made a huge mistake with David-lay-any-woman-in-sight. If any guy deserved to have his penis chopped off it was David.

Becky called, very excited. She'd won a contract in Texas and had to leave on Sunday and would be away for two months.

"Are you sure you want to go and leave Charlton unattended?"

"Yes, why not? His interest in me is to take me to bed, He rarely takes me out and when he's not fucking me he's watching TV. Our interests beyond the bed and talking business are poles apart."

Francesca thought that was the first time either daughter had used the F-word to her. God standards were slipping.

Two days later Maggie went out alone and that was a first since the breakup. She returned with her hair cut and reshaped and highlighted. It was a daughter Francesca hadn't seen for a very long time. She wanted to urge Maggie to buy stylish new clothes; Maggie has no shortage of money. But she thought she shouldn't push it. During dinner Maggie said, "I'm going to the mall tomorrow to be some new stuff mom. You are welcome to accompany me and advise during try-ons."

"You mean clothes?"

"Yes."

"Oh darling, I would love to do that. Thank you for asking."

* * *

The restructuring was working well now that fine-tuning was almost finished. Charlton almost imagined stress was sliding off him. He noticed more and more personnel were smiling at him when they passed and the vice-presidents were looking happy although under stress now they had greater autonomy.

He called Becky in Dallas, Texas. She sounded pleased to hear from him and to be advised the restructured management at doggie poo-makers as she called the company, now she was no longer drawing down her large fee payments, was going well.

"I'm up to my tits in work here."

Charlton thought the usual phrase was 'up to my eyeballs' but refrained from commenting. He then explained the real reason for calling.

"Your mother called me to ask if I would take Maggie out to dinner."

"My mother called you?"

"Yes, is that odd?"

"Very."

"She says Maggie's mood has taken a big turn for the better but still won't go out with anyone but her parents. She wants me to attempt a break-through. I don't mind trying but through I should get your permission."

"You don't need my permission. There's nothing between us. You failed to commit."

"Sorry."

"Well it happens. I reckon Maggie will go out with you because you're different."

"Is that good?"

"Yes, I'll give her a call if you wish."

"No, if she doesn't want to go out with me that's fine. I've taken out frumps before."

"Mom phoned on Sunday night and said Maggie has had a makeover and is looking great, but she didn't mention sneaking behind my back."

"Perhaps she didn't regard it as sneaking."

"Probably not. Maggie won't allow you to fuck her at least not unless you put in the hard yards."

"Becky my intentions are honorable. Maggie is still wounded."

"Yeah, quite right and good for you. Getting her out of the house may be enough to get her going again. It would be great if she returned to the workforce; she's worked for years as a marketing consultant."

"Well I'll try to help out. Are you getting your fill down there?"

"Yes the senior vice-president of the company and I have found we have a similar interest. I'm shifting in with him over the weekend for a trial. He divorced three years ago and received a big settlement from his bitch of a wife who has more money than morals."

"Keep safe darling. Rest easy that I will be patient and supportive in doing my bit to get Maggie socially rehabilitated."

"Thank you and good luck. You probably have just the right touch to kick-start Maggie. I'm surprised you want to bother."

"Well I hope I don't screw up for her. Bye."

CHAPTER 2

Maggie was unsure. "Why would you want to take me out to dinner?"

Charlton knew that being an internal auditor Maggie was bound to have a tidy mind. He said, "May I share something confidential?"

"Very well."

"Your mother suggested it to me, wanting you to get out socially. She couldn't think of anyone better than me to ask and I called Becky and she agreed and said to take it easy with you."

"You're lying."

"Goodbye Maggie," Charlton said and put his phone down and waited for it to ring.

"Charlton, I'm sorry I behaved badly. I have trouble getting into my head that potentially all men are bad. I now realize that you knew I could have called mom and Becky to verify what they had said to you. Yes, I would be delighted to go out with you if the offer is still open."

"That's great Maggie. We can go to the restaurant under your apartment block."

"No, we go there a lot. You may wish to take me to one of your favorite restaurants."

"Okay, when?"

"This Saturday unless you are otherwise engaged."

His voice smiled. "Saturday night at Rossini's at 7:30. I'll book now and will pick you up."

"No, I'll come to the restaurant. I need to get my confidence up. Could we have coffee back at your apartment? Becky told me about it in detail and I'm interested to see it but I'll leave after an hour of chatting, if you know what I mean."

"This date is about friendship and helping you to re-establish. It's not about sex."

"God, how can you be so casual in your use of that word?"

"It comes easy Maggie because I've never been really hurt. We'll talk about it in due course."

"Mom told me this would be a oncer, that you'd not be really interested in me."

"That could be true. On the other hand Maggie mom's are not always right. If I don't call back within the hour you know I have secured the booking. I'm regarded as a preferential client. Wear something sexy."

"What?"

"Some people use the phrase dress up."

"Oh, yes. Bye Charlton. I feel good about this."

"Good girl. Bye."

Charlton went back to work grumbling in his mind. Why was he bothering? It was like dealing with a shy kid, making him feel he was on his first date. He could be doing something far more productive. What did he care about the Hartford's and the messed up sex lives of the parents and the elder daughter?

Two nights before Becky had left for Texas they went out to a black tie dinner and who should be there, much to his embarrassment at seeing them, but Arnold, Becky's father, with a bimbo holding on to his arm and during the night when people were becoming half-drunk she was all over him. Daddy had come over and said something feeble like, "I don't really know her Becky; she's just someone from the nursing pool and Becky said scathingly, "If I catch you out dad I don't expect you to lie to me."

On Saturday night Charlton was at the bar keeping an eye on the door, waiting for Miss Misfit to come through the door. An attractive woman smiled at him and said, "Hello Charlton." He recognized her by her voice -- Maggie!

Recovering without showing it, Charlton kissed her cheek, smiled and said hi, that he'd missed seeing her coming in and go to check in her coat.

She smiled back.

He attempted not to stare. She had real boobs, though not the melons of her sister. She wasn't beautiful but was... um, smiley attractive without blemishes, or at least none that he could see. It was amazing what an improved attitude, a decent splash of make-up including around the eyes and a big smile could do to chase away frumpiness.

He had to say something. "You look great."

"And you're not too bad yourself."

Where was all this confidence coming from? Had her mom taken her to a shrink? He offered Maggie a drink and she asked what he was drinking.

"Sorry, this is alcohol."

"Placing sex out of bounds doesn't mean a girl can't drink Charlton."

He ordered a vodka martini for the lady and a fresh one for himself.

"Yes Mr King," said the attractive bartender, probably a university student, who ignored Maggie and looked Charlton in the eye unabashed.

When Maggie had her drink she was even more surprised when the maitre d' arrived with menus and bowing said, please come this way Mr King and your companion."

"Thank you Ivan," Charlton said and as they walked to the table, his right hand resting on Maggie's right hip, "I assume you have reverted back to Miss Maggie King, legally?"

"Yes."

"You have only the one sibling?"

"Yes, and you?"

"I have two older sisters."

"That's nice. You don't have to engage in small talk unless you want to. I've become used to long silences."

"I bet you have. My two sisters are not small talk to me. They love me and I love them."

Maggie stopped and said, "I'm sorry. That was a careless comment."

They moved to the table. "It's fine, I'm satisfied, having explained myself. Our situations are somewhat similar -- strong mothers and fathers who play around."

"My father doesn't play around," Maggie said quietly and then catching Charlton's expression said, "Oh God, he does."

As soon as the maitre d' had department Charlton said, "I had no wish to catch you by surprise. I just assumed you knew. There is no need to continue this topic."

"I wish to know. Mother suspects it. I rather suspect mother is not comfortable about sex."

"Well your father appears to be, although I'm without evidence, only having seen him on occasion with nubile blondes and never the same one."

"Well obviously daddy likes his sex and goes top shelf. Good on him."

Charlton shook his head. "I can't believe I told you that, considering you've been on a big downside."

"Well a fortnight ago I went to bed crying and said enough. And that's when I began to spin out of my depression. I guess you won't be surprised to know I'm really pleased to know about my daddy. Why should he allow himself to be held back by my mother's lack of appetite for sex?"

"I haven't the faintest idea. Both my parents play around and have done so for goodness knows how long. I've never made it my business to know but have been saddened that it has blighted our family life. The younger of my sisters is promiscuous like her parents and the elder one is a right... well, they both are married and have children.

"And you, what are you Carlton? You don't have to answer."

"Thank you but I must say I am very promiscuous, but only because I enjoy the sport."

"Sport?"

As Maggie laughed the movement of her shaking breasts caught Carlton's gaze and when he looked up he caught her gaze. He observed she also blushed.

"We seem to be relating well, better than I had expected."

"Yes," she answered. "That has surprised me as well.

After dinner they went to his apartment for coffee.

"This is luxury, sheer luxury," she said.

"Although I'm paid a great deal this apartment its not mine. My father owns it and kept his current mistress housed here. At present it is surplus to his requirements," Charlton then told Maggie about his father's skiing accident and how he'd taken on running the company to get his mother to return home.

"But now thanks to the good work of my sister, you have lost your stress?"

"Yes. I knew enough to restructure the company but also knew my personnel would be more agreeable if an independent person drove the restructuring."

"And that's what has happened?"

"Yes, we have a head office management team of thirty-three people and only one person resigned as a result of change."

"All other objectors being appeased with receiving more money?"

"Yes. Look, I understand you are experienced in internal auditing. Would you be interested in working for us -- on a three-month contract to examine the new structure looking for weaknesses and whether personnel feel comfortable with the corporate change and to visit our production plants here in Chicago, New Jersey, Fort Worth and Los Angeles to assess their respective overall performances and then write a comparison report for me to present to my board of directors?"

"Well, yes. It would help get me back on to my feel commercially. I could find it a bit of a struggle as some area would require specialist appraisal."

"Then you'd call me seeking authorization to hire specialist support but you will have to manage them."

"That's fine. I've have had to do that on routine audits when detecting instances of serious fraud."

"Good, I shall brief our HR manager Janice and she'll be in touch with you. She'll write a report about you in connection with my proposal. Janice and two vice-presidents along with two or three other key will consider that report. You will be invited to be in attendance but because I'm proposing this as a personal initiative I will be not sit on that appointment committee. That committee will know they are expected to appoint you unless they find reason to block that appointment."

"That sounds fine. Initiate it as soon as you wish. I am very grateful, very grateful. Well, my self-imposed hour is up and I must be off. It has been so lovely associating with you. You are like a elixir to me."

"Wow, that's a first."

They went down and Charlton hailed a cab for her. He decided not to kiss her but just as Maggie was about to enter the cab she turned and kissed him, on the cheek. He caught the blush and loved it. In some respects she was like a female on her first date.

* * *

Maggie was given a three-month contract and Charlton asked Mrs Upton perform the induction. He hesitated and Mrs Upton looked at him curiously.

"What is it?"

"Could you make a point of NOT saying why there is a sofa and wardrobe space in that room?"

"Yes of course but may I ask why?"

"Her sister was promiscuous but this one is anything but."

"And you're employing her?"

"She is well-equipped for the task. If she asks about the wardrobe say that office is often used by visiting executives."

"You think this is the one, don't you."

Charlton jumped up to the window and looked at the cityscape. "That's all."

Mrs Upton left with a fat-cat smile.

Damn the women. What was wrong with them? Maggie's mother had called him to thank him for getting her troubled daughter back on track so substantially. Francesca had asked, "This hugely responsible task you have given Maggie so early in her comeback, "Have you fallen for her?"

"Why would you think that Francesca?"

"I really don't know. Instinct I suppose. Your behavior puzzles me. You can have any woman you wish and yet your attention is on poor Maggie."

"Maggie is okay, just give her time."

"Oh god, I have no wish to anger you. Then it's true."

Charlton grunted goodbye and snapped his phone shut. Fucking women but none had even confused him more than Maggie. She was attracted to him, very much. He could feel it but she wouldn't allow him to touch her and he had no idea why he was putting up with this. She should be fucking him in gratitude.

His phone went. It was Maggie.