Ch. 05: Dark Meets Wind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The squirrel nodded, "Yeah, yeah, Jacob's got something like that, but on his chest."

Hidaya pulled her shirt back down then turned to face Jonathan, "Okay, that's the mark of a shardbeast. One like me, like your friend, we're all people who get our abilities after one of us comes in contact with a meteor shard. That means, these powers literally fall from the sky. Finding your friend could be easier, but we'll need somewhere we can start to work on a plan together, right?"

Jill came up with Desi in tow, "You need somewhere to plan? We can go to my house, it's big, spacious, and I'm sure my dad won't mind having some extra people to deal with, given the situation."

Desiree had to question that plan, "Your dad can still barely tolerate havin' me there, Jilly, you think he'll open his doors for all them now?"

Jill shrugged, "It's worth a shot."

Bill just wanted his best friend back, "Alright then, take us to your home, Jill... that's your name, right?"

She smiled and nodded, "It is, now come on. Desi and I can show you the way, you guys can follow."

And so, the small group left, Jill and Desi in her car, Bill and Hidaya in Jon's car.

...

Meanwhile, Sam, Hidaya's former lover stood before the smoldering wreckage that was Bill's garage. The otter seethed as he peered through the destruction, finding no trace of his target. He could sense others behind him, he did not even turn to speak, "So, you had this whole side of the building under watch, and did not even post anyone in the back? You were so sure Sinclair would just sit here and let you blow her up?"

The group of soldiers behind him all feared his wrath. One pushed their captain in front.

The captain dropped to his knees and took off his helmet. The pine marten sniveled to the lieutenant, "We-we just followed orders, sir. She's just some woman, we-"

Sam turned, striking the captain with the back of his hand, "Hidaya is a female, who just so happened to be one of our most efficient and successful operatives under our command. She is also a traitor and should be treated as seriously as any other target, no matter what!" He held the marten who wept pitiably, "You are demoted! Take this shit from my sight!"

The ex-captain was dragged away while Sam continued to fume and rant, "Fucking cunt! We take her in, give her a home, train her, and this is her gratitude!" He punched the wreckage that used to be a humble pickup. Sam's helmet started to ring.

The otter calmed himself immediately to answer, "Father?"

"Lieutenant, I ask you to return immediately to headquarters. Some of my scouts have recovered something that could aid in your search for Ms. Sinclair."

Sam grimaced before answering, "Yes, Commander..."

12