Chapter 5: Vulnerable

Story Info
Prince Rivuk must make a decision or risk losing Lindsay.
6.2k words
4.73
891
00

Part 5 of the 25 part series

Updated 04/14/2024
Created 12/22/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Prince of the Nobillo

Chapter 5: Vulnerable

The following weeks were filled with activity. It seemed everyone wanted to meet her, to hear her story. She ate out for every meal, gave a dozen interviews a day, and, like a hydra, each interview spawned two more invitations. She toured the arcades, the ancient ruins, and the border towns. It was exhausting!

"I haven't been this busy since my dad ran for State Senate! If this is what it feels like to be famous, I hope I die a nobody." Lindsay said, lounging on one of the couches on the first floor of her tower as Rivuk sat on the other, scanning through holographic images and reports.

"You've really embraced the role." He read off the captions, "The Queen of the Bonat, The Rescued Princess, Prince Rivuk and Princess Lindsay dine out at the Helson Gardens-"

"I liked that place. We should go back there again."

Rivuk nodded. "We should. The Fourth Princess Tells All: Bonat Sex Tips to Satisfy Your Wildest Urges." He raised a brow. "I don't remember you giving that interview."

"Neither do I. You'll have to tell me if they came up with anything good," she said as she flipped through rows of video recordings on her hand-held tablet.

"I can get you a wristband if you want. It wouldn't work on the palace doors or make calls, they'd never allow that, but you wouldn't have to hold that thing anymore."

"It's ok. I like my tablet. It reminds me of the one I have back home. Besides, I'm not crazy about the idea of wearing a tracking device just to watch videos when half of this tower has holo-players installed."

Rivuk shrugged and went back to scanning through the articles.

"Here's a good picture of you at the hospital." He turned the image of her in a sleeveless dress hugging two Nobillo children to her, the blue patch of Bonat skin on her shoulder showing clearly. Rivuk brushed it away with a finger. "And another one at the military hospital." The image now showed her supporting a very pregnant Child of the Immortal who appeared to be leaning heavily against her.

"That was just an accident. I'm surprised they even caught it."

"But you didn't push her away."

"She was pregnant!"

"It doesn't matter. You showed compassion to a Child. You allowed her to touch you. You have no idea what that means to them."

"Your breakfast," Carak cut in, laying two plates on the white, solid block-like table, no taller than a coffee table, which sat between the couches on the ground floor.

Lindsay flushed, embarrassed. "Thank you, Carak," she said, her normally strong voice softened by shyness. She'd barely been able to talk to him, let alone look him in the eye, since her outburst that first day, despite his constant companionship. She felt bad for saying it, but she wasn't sure how to apologize or even if she should.

It was true. He'd eaten Bonat children. He knew it and she knew it. How could she apologize for just stating the facts?

And here she was, looking like some kind of Mother Theresa to the Children of the Immortal, and Carak knew. He knew how she felt about them, about him. At least, how she had felt. She wanted to say something - needed to say something - to clear the air. But she couldn't.

Carak bowed his head and left them.

"So what do we have today?" she asked Rivuk, instead.

"We have an interview with Yasolina. She'll likely be sympathetic to the Bonat. Then we'll dine at Kalinar's for lunch and from there we'll tour the reservoirs. That will take most of the day so we'll eat supper there. Then I'll bring you back home."

"Ok. What should I wear to the interview?"

"I'll be wearing my white uniform, so either black or red would match it well. We'll want to look like a happy couple."

* * *

"Good morning, my loves!" Yasolina said to the recording devices that buzzed about the room. She was a very pretty tawny-haired Nobillo woman who reminded Lindsay of a news anchor, except that that Yasolina had giant wings and six fingers on each hand, a trait she was slowly getting used to.

"Today I have the honor of interviewing the Third Prince and his newest wife, the famous Queen of the Bonat, Princess Lindsay Weaver." Yasolina turned to them.

Lindsay and Rivuk sat in chairs pushed as close together as they could possibly manage so their shoulders touched. Rivuk held Lindsay's hand in his as she beamed.

"Thank you for having us," Rivuk said.

"I must say, you two look very much in love."

"We are," Lindsay said, placing her other hand over Rivuk's.

"I hope you're being careful..." Yasolina said with a suggestive wink.

"Of course," Rivuk answered.

"So now, Princess Lindsay, is it true you were, in fact, married to the leader of the Bonat?"

"I'm still married to the Bona Serat Corsar, Sirix, yes. And the healer, Donil, she's my wife."

"I read some of your sex tips, they were really primal. I'm sure my wife will thank you for them."

"You're welcome. My husband appreciates them, too."

Rivuk gave a slightly embarrassed, completely fake laugh.

"Now, you two were married through the ancient rite of Tene-ora-tel. Who initiated that?"

"She did," Rivuk said with a smile.

Yasolina raised her thin, plucked brows. "Really?"

Lindsay nodded. "I couldn't resist him."

"What was it like?"

"You want me to tell you what it was like having sex with the prince for the first time? I can't say that!" Lindsay objected, coyly.

"Don't be shy; my viewers are dying to know."

"Here, I'll tell you. Come in a little closer." Lindsay beckoned her in with a wave of her hand.

Yasolina bent in close.

"Paradise," Lindsay stage-whispered in her ear.

Yasolina made an exaggerated shocked face. Lindsay turned to Rivuk to see him beaming.

"Well, I've never seen our prince happier. I suppose soulmates truly do exist," Yasolina said.

The interview continued for some time until finally Yasolina said, "It must have been quite the welcome change to leave the forest for our city."

Lindsay smiled tersely. "Your city is beautiful, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't sometimes miss my tent."

Yasolina faltered. It was not the expected answer. She slapped on a false smile. "But you are glad Prince Rivuk rescued you?"

"I never viewed it as being rescued, the Bonat are my people and I will always have a special place for them in my heart, but I am happy to be with my husband." She looked to Rivuk who pressed his brow against hers.

"Yes, I am eternally grateful to the Bonat for taking such good care of my wife," Rivuk added. "If it wasn't for their kindness and generosity, we'd never have met."

Yasolina looked like she wasn't sure how to respond. "Well," she finally said, "it's been lovely meeting you both. I hope you enjoy your tour of the reservoirs today. They're one of the great wonders of Kirith."

"I'm looking forward to seeing them," Lindsay said.

"Goodnight, my loves!" Yasolina said, smile back in its normal place. The recording devices flew into Yasolina's hand and ceased buzzing.

* * *

"Why do they always ask if we're being careful?" Lindsay whispered as she and Rivuk walked hand-in-hand through the dark tunnel leading to the reservoirs with Carak following behind. "What do they mean? Careful about what?"

"They're asking if we're taking precautions to keep you from getting pregnant."

Lindsay smiled wryly. "Well, they do say abstinence is the only sure prevention. But how is that any of their business?"

"Most of the time, when a human female and a Nobillo male mate, the acid causes the female to become sterile. Even if they do produce offspring naturally, it usually doesn't survive, but, if it does, it's always a Child of the Immortal, which they consider to be an abomination. Obviously, they'd rather not have Children of the Immortal in the royal line."

"That's horrible! Why do they always have to be the worst? If I want to have kids with you, they should be happy about it! Next time they ask, I'll tell them we're planning to have ten children and that we don't care what they look like, they'll be loved!"

"You'd better not. You're already challenging their world order; you don't want to bring it crashing down on them."

Lindsay sighed. "I know you're probably right. But I wish I could tell them off. Did you see Yasolina's face when I told her I missed my tent?"

Rivuk chuckled. "It was perfect. You were perfect."

"No, you were with that line about the Bonat's kindness and generosity."

Rivuk leaned over and touched his forehead to hers in the way the Nobillo showed deep affection.

She shut her eyes for a moment. His forehead felt cool, smooth, and yet a warmth flowed through her from the spot where their brows met. She felt a stirring in her heart and drew back, looking into his copper eyes. They'd touched brows hundreds of times, it was part of the act, but she'd never felt anything before. Was she actually catching feelings for Rivuk?

He turned away, a slight blush on his cheeks made all the darker by the sangria-colored blood that ran through his veins. "It's just up ahead," he said, pointing to a bend in the tunnel.

"It's amazing!" Lindsay exclaimed as the narrow tunnel opened up into a monstrous cave filled with water.

"Our ancestors hand dug these reservoirs over a millennium ago."

"How many are there?"

"Eight. We try to cycle their usage every iuna so they have time to refill in case of a drought."

Lindsay marveled at them. She pressed her hand against the wall, feeling the cool moisture.

"Did you mean what you said back there?" Rivuk asked.

"When?"

"About wanting to have children with me."

She turned to Rivuk and noticed he was flushed. Was the unflappable Nobillo prince actually embarrassed? She felt the same stirring, not so slight now. It was turning her heart upside-down. "I don't know." She swallowed hard. "Maybe."

He stepped to her and wrapped his hand around the back of her head, pulling her in, their brows touching. She closed her eyes and let him hold her.

* * *

"Do you want me to stay?" Rivuk asked as he gently let her down on the balcony.

She gulped. "Not tonight." She brushed back his black hair from his face with her fingers.

He leaned in to press his brow to hers.

"No," she said, turning from him. She couldn't look into his eyes, she couldn't feel him again or she'd lose her resolve.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then."

"Yes."

She felt the wind against her cheek as he flew away, resisting the pleas of her body to call him back.

Were those feelings real? Or was she just desperate for an orgasm? she wondered as she climbed the steps to the bathroom. She hadn't had one since the day she'd arrived, she'd been too busy. But now... she had the evening off. She could take an hour to indulge. To spend time with Sirix and Donil, even if it was only in her imagination.

She went to the steam room; it was meant for feathers but it did make a nice sauna. She didn't want to be too hoarse tomorrow. She let her dress drop to the floor, stepping out of it. She undid the belt of her bra and then the tie around the neck, letting it fall, too. She stepped into the sauna and began rubbing her breasts.

"Oh Sirix..." she moaned. He was with her in her mind, groping, massaging. "Oh!" her fingers teased her nipples. "Mmmm Sirix, just like that." She could feel his lips as they moved down her neck to her thighs, as real as a memory could feel. "Oh yes! Oh Sirix!" She slid her panties down and stepped out of them, setting her leg on the wooden bench to open her thighs.

She ran her hands down her body, down her thighs, she felt his gliding with them. "Mmmm... don't stop."

Her fingers dipped into her vagina. It was wet. It was so wet. She'd been aroused for a while, hadn't she? She slid her fingers up to her clitoris and gasped. "Oh Sirix!" She began circling them, remembering Sirix's tongue, his head between her legs. She could almost feel the brushing of his coarse white hair on her thighs.

The black hair, those copper eyes looking up at her from below. That clever tongue being used for more than words. Her head swam. "Rivuk!"

Rivuk? No, it was too late to stop now. She tried to summon Sirix back but she couldn't. She wanted this too badly. Her hips began thrusting. "Oh! OH!" she screamed. "Oh Rivuk!" She plunged the forefingers of her other hand into her vagina. Hard. She wanted it hard! Even harder! His cock inside of her! Pushing. Thrusting. Ready to cum. Her eyes rolled back into her head. "OHHHHHHH!" She let out a long howl as her body began to jerk and pulse. Her vagina was wet and soft and ready. Ready for him.

No!

In a flash she saw her husband and wife again, felt the warmth of their arms and legs around her. She couldn't just forget them! She remembered their sad faces as she sent them away.

"I love you." she echoed her remembered Sirix as he faded from her mind.

She dropped to her knees and cried.

* * *

It was a few hours before she reappeared, a thick, fluffy cloak wrapped around her little silky nightie, her face and eyes no longer puffy. She could see Carak below, sitting on one of the first-floor couches, reading, as he always did in the evening.

Reading a book. An actual book. She hadn't seen one of those since Rivuk brought her here. She made her way down and sat on the other couch.

Carak looked up. "Is there anything I can do for you, your highness?"

"Just... just stay with me. I don't want to be alone."

"Of course."

They sat in silence for some time, Lindsay staring straight ahead, listening to the sound of pages being turned.

"What are you reading?" she finally asked.

"It's a book of legends of the Immortal. It tells the stories of the beginning of our race."

"Could you tell me one?"

"If you wish it." He flipped back about half the length of the book. "We visited the reservoirs today, so perhaps How the Nobillo Got Their Wings would be appropriate."

"Ok."

He began, his voice warm and declarative, as though well practiced in reading out loud.

"Many many years ago, before the East Tower was built, the land was still new. The Immortal led the Nobillo to Kirith and told them he would give them first pick of the lands. The Immortal showed them the North, the Forest, the Midlands, the Desert, and the Great Canyon. He told them he would return in a week to hear their decision. The Nobillo, being an industrious people, decided to take the North that they might make use of the forests and fields.

But the night before the Immortal returned, a man clad in robes with a hood covering his face arrived at the camp claiming to be a traveler. The Nobillo, being hospitable, invited him to take off his robes, eat with them, and join them at the fire that he might tell them of his travels. He refused to remove his robes and produced from inside of them a fine sack of vegetables and two duktuk fatter than any they had ever seen before.

When they asked where he had gotten such fine food, he said he had gotten them from the Great Canyon. He told of a land of plenty where crops grew with no need to irrigate for they were fed by the river. The high canyon walls provided protection from predators and high winds alike.

When they told him they were planning to go to the North, he warned them, saying it was a frozen, inhospitable land, full of predators, and asked why they were so eager to doom the Nobillo race.

The Nobillo, concerned with all the man had told them, began to question their decision. When the Immortal returned and asked them where they would like to live, they told him they had decided on the Great Canyon.

"So be it," the Immortal said, and he gave them the land.

It was then that the traveler removed his hood, revealing his blue skin and white hair. It was Jericho! He stepped up to the Immortal and said, "The Bonat request the lands to the North.""

"Who is Jericho?" Lindsay asked. "I've heard you use the name before but I didn't think it was a person."

"Jericho is the first Bonat. He was created by the Immortal to help the Nobillo, but he became jealous of The Immortal's favor of them and rebelled against him. Jericho created the Bonat to fight against the Nobillo and destroy them."

"You mean The Immortal didn't create the Bonat?"

"No. The Immortal only creates good things. It was only through Jericho that strife and wickedness entered Okeshi."

So, Jericho is their version of the devil and the Bonat are like demons, she thought to herself. "Go on," she said.

"Realizing they'd been tricked, the Nobillo had no recourse but to make the best of the Great Canyon. However, it did not take them long to discover all Jericho had said were lies. The soil was arid and the valleys prone to floods at even the smallest hint of rain. Still, they did not complain for it was the land The Immortal had given them. They built the first houses and dammed the river. They irrigated their fields and, when the time came, their first harvest was bountiful. They built the East Tower to honor The Immortal and sacrificed their first fruits to him in thanksgiving.

Jericho looked down on the Nobillo in hatred. He had hoped the canyon would destroy the Immortal's children, but, instead, they managed to thrive despite his treachery. He decided to strike at them. He conjured a storm like had never been seen before on Kirith. It filled the canyon and swept the Nobillo away, down down down, to the painted hollows from which they would never return.

Only a few Nobillo were able to catch hold of the top of the East Tower as the water rushed through the canyon. They cried out to the Immortal, begging for him to save his chosen people from the flood. The Immortal heard their cries and took pity on them. At that moment, their backs began to glow. Three sets of wings burst forth from the light and the Nobillo flew to safety on wings just like the Immortal's.

They praised the Immortal for this great gift. With their wings, they were able to build houses in the canyon walls, safe from any floods Jericho might bring down on them. They could travel great distances and were able to form an alliance with the Korsuch, trading food for masonry. The alliance prospered, as did the Nobillo and the Korsuch, to become the two great nations you see today."

"So, they used to have a dam?"

"Yes, until Jericho broke it. If you go to the old kingdom you can still see the remains of it and the East Tower."

"Is the East Tower very tall?" she asked.

"It was until Jericho destroyed it."

"Why did Jericho destroy it?

Carak answered, "He was jealous that it was taller than the Citadel, so, in his pride, he destroyed it. And that was when the Immortal banished him and his children to the forest."

"But wasn't that only two hundred fifty years- I mean seventy-one lanc ago?"

"Jericho didn't stop just because it was a new age."

She sighed. So, this was what they were up against. A religion that taught the Bonat were basically the devil and she had to show them they weren't. "I'll have to ask Rivuk to take us to see the old kingdom."

"I'm sure he'll be more than glad to."

She glanced at the book again. The pages covered in lines and squiggles and curves she couldn't understand. "I wish I could read," she said, absently.

A slight smile split Carak's cheek. It was still unnerving to see the flash of razor-sharp teeth halfway up his face, but she was getting used to it.

"I can teach you, if you wish," he said.

"You could?"

"I've taught many of the Children who work in the palace to read."

"Ok. But not tonight."

"Of course."

They sat in silence again, only the sound of pages turning. Lindsay sat, knees drawn to her chest, staring off under the arches into the indoor garden.

The pages stopped.

"You've been crying again," Carak said.

How did he know? Again? So, he'd noticed it before and just not said anything? How she cried herself to sleep almost every night? Cried into her fat pillows for hours in her soft bed that was not the little cot in her husband's tent. Even Carak's words acknowledging it brought tears to her eyes. She wiped them with her fluffy cloak. "No, I haven't."

12