All Comments on 'Charlie's Redemption'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago
As always...

Shaima, that is a perfect last sentence which could apply to all of us at some time in our lives (and you don't have to be an addict to recognise it). And I loved some of the one-liners in this story, such as: "...the good news is that you'll burn in a lake of fire..." or the sermon that leaves everyone more miserable than the priest; or "... God wants you to donate to buy me a Learjet..." And Charlie's AA talk sounded just right. You used the metaphor of finding another mountain behind the first. As I was reading, I was thinking of Sisyphus and his boulder. As always, vintage Shaima.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54almost 4 years ago

Another beautiful story. I second what Maonaigh said.

BillyslateBillyslatealmost 4 years ago
Wonderful Story!!

I was prepared to dislike the story, because of Charlie's previous scheming acts. However, as I read more and more, I began seeing Charlie as a frail human being attempting to find a life. By the 3rd page I was really into the story and hoping for Casey to see Charlie as a "good person" desperately attempting to overcome her problems. None of are perfect and we all exhibit inadequacies in some manner. The ending was especially enlightening and I am now 100% in Charlie's corner for gradually developing a beautiful life, hopefully with Casey.

I must state that although I love virtually all of your Romance Stories, an Elegant Seduction is my "All Time Favorite", which I read 2 or 3X annually!!!

Charlie's Redemption Is Definitely Rated A 5*-STAR Production!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
what's wrong with having a beer with my friends?

I had two former co-workers asked my the exact same question. My answer was that you have never had a beer with your friends in your life.

First is that they are not your friends, they re just guys hanging out at the bar.

Second is that you never have a beer, you have a beer and a beer and a beer......

One I found unconscious along the road in near zero temps weather. I got him home, but he was murdered 6 months later for the money he had when trying to buy drugs.

The other was beaten to death by another drunk and his buddies when they thought he had slept with the guys girlfriend. He hadn't even met her.

Well written story, I gave it a 5

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 3 years ago

True words and the truth is a bitch ..... As we learn from the older generations living life, we haven't the experience yet and so step by step using our perception we mirror their steps, not knowing the consequences ..... Thats why for example the AA is so popular ...... In the end smoking drinking drugs are the worst but most welcomed ...... Truly like your tales and your skill in writing ..... Great

fallwatcherfallwatcheralmost 3 years ago

A wonderful story. Thanks for showing us the beginning of Charlie's redemption. Bonus points for mentioning Linux!

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

Read some time ago without comment. Should have. Remember Charlie from earlier story — how could one forget her. And this story — OMG, rich, poignant, erotically beautiful. Memorable is an understatement.

deepred53deepred53about 2 years ago

I was pleased to find not only redemption but possibly some forgiveness in Charlie’s story. Another wonderful read.

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

Top quality writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very nice redemption for Charlie after her attempts to seduce Zoe. She needed that reality check for her narcissism to provide a springboard to embrace change. Then along comes virginal Casey seeking her own answers. Great example of how the "higher power" doesn't manipulate things, he/she/it provides conditions and circumstances that challenge us to grow, but in the end it is we who need to decide, to take those first steps, then keep on taking steps, even after tripping over a paving tile.

sg1010sg101028 days ago

A Very Enjoyable read and enlightening at the same time.

THANK YOU !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous