Charlotte

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demure101
demure101
212 Followers

Matt looked at his charge now and then, and rejoiced in what he saw. He imagined there was a little colour coming back to Charlotte's face, and she apparently enjoyed being read to.

When he closed the book Charlotte smiled at him. "Thank you, Matt," she said. "Lovely - and so nice and appropriate just now."

"Glad you like it," he said. "Hey, please excuse me for a moment. I'll have to go and make myself a few sandwiches. I completely forgot to have anything to eat."

"Oh Matt! That's all because of me!"

"It's just me being stupid," Matt said and grinned at her. "Be right back!"

He quickly went into the kitchen. He hadn't realised till then, but he felt ravenous. He prepared a couple of sandwiches and took them up to Charlotte with the crackers and cheese he'd made for her and the wine bottle.

"I've brought you something to eat, too, but only if you feel like it," he said.

Charlotte declined. She lay watching Matt eat. It was really nice to have someone here at this time of the year. She knew the bone-chilling feeling of being alone, and it was a wonderful change. Matt looked back and smiled. She liked his smile - she knew it from the office. It was as comforting as his presence. She'd felt absolutely awful when he rang the bell, and now she thought she would be alright. Hopefully she wouldn't be well too soon... She blushed at the unspoken thoughts behind it.

Matt finished his sandwiches. "Okay," he said, "are you up to another story?"

"Yes, please! It's really nice, lying here listening to you - and you do not sound boring at all."

"I brought another Christmas story for you, by Dylan Thomas. I hope you don't know it?"

"No, I don't think so. I know some of his poems, and 'Under Milk Wood'."

"Richard Burton?"

She nodded.

"I hope you'll like this. It's called A Child's Christmas in Wales. Matt poured himself another glass of wine and took a sip. Then he started to read. "One Christmas was so much like another, in those years around the sea-town corner now..."

Charlotte lay back against the pillow. She listened to the story, looking at Matt and at the candles burning on the low table beside him, and she realised she actually quite enjoyed it. Matt had a nice face, and a nice voice, and he was a good nurse and companion. She let the story draw her in. Sometimes she grinned at the images used, and sometimes she sighed. The 'few small aunts, not wanted in the kitchen, nor anywhere else for that matter' came a little too close to the way she sometimes felt.

But all in all she really enjoyed the story. When Matt finished reading she sighed, smiled and said, "That was really nice, Matt! I grew up in a town like that."

"Okay. Where?"

"In Wales. In Cardiff, actually." She smiled while she thought about it. It had been a nice time. "My parents moved to London when I was sixteen."

"How old are you now?" Matt asked. "Early thirties?"

"I'm thirty-eight," Charlotte said, blushing with joy.

"Really?"

"Uhuh. And you?"

"I'm forty-two."

"Okay. And you don't have a girlfriend?"

Mat shook his head. "I lived together with one for some years. It seemed all right at first, but we gradually drifted apart. In the end the only thing we still shared was a taste for some kinds of music, really." He grinned. "Jackie was really thin - everything was thin about her. Her body, her sense of humour, her smile. She had a nice face, but it just didn't work out."

"Do you like thin women?"

"No. I just liked her because of what we had together at first, but I'd have preferred her a bit plumper."

He looked at Charlotte and smiled. She was the very image of the woman he'd like to see. When he was seventeen, he'd had a crush on a woman he knew, who was some ten years older. She had been quite a character, he thought. She had smoked a briar, dressed in men's boots, but had worn her hair long and had a beautiful smile. One evening they had danced together, and she had given him his first taste of a French kiss. He had also experienced the sensation of feeling a woman's breasts pressing into him for the first time. He could still remember; his girlfriend's breasts had been nothing like it. Charlotte, now...

"Like you," he added.

Charlotte blushed again. "Really?" she said. "You don't think of me as Chubby Tubby?"

"No! Definitely not! Where did you pick up those words?"

Charlotte turned beet red. "They were in a letter. There was no addressee, of course..."

Matt had to wait for some seconds before he spoke, to keep his voice down. That bloody bastard!

"That's absolutely horrible and unacceptable! I think I know who it was from. I'll have a word with March; if I'm right, the writer will be out on his ear before the New Year."

"He's in our firm, then?"

"He is. Still. Charlotte, I think you're a beautiful woman. Let's forget about him for now and have a nice time, shall we?"

Charlotte blushed again, happily this time. Matt thought it made her look incredibly sexy.

"Do let's," she said. "Let's just talk a little, please?"

"Okay. Do tell me, what happened since you went home?"

She told him, briefly, without too many embellishments.

Matt shook his head. "It's a pity you didn't tell March exactly what was up," he said. "He'd certainly have taken measures. On the other hand, I wouldn't have been here now celebrating Christmas with such a nice companion. Shall I bring my laptop up here tomorrow for some Christmas music?"

"Music would be nice! And what will you read to me tomorrow?"

"I brought a short whodunit, just in case, but if you don't think it's too trite I'd rather read A Christmas Carol to you."

"Oh, yes! I love Dickens - and as it's Christmas tomorrow..."

She didn't finish, but she smiled at Matt in a way that did something in his belly that he had completely forgotten could happen, something a little disturbing but very pleasant.

"Then Dickens it'll be," he said.

Charlotte smiled. Then she sighed and looked at Matt. "I think I'd better go to sleep now," she said. "Do you mind?"

"Of course not," he said. He got up and took the candles to the landing to blow them out. He collected the things he brought onto the tray and put them out on the landing. Then he went to the head of the bed. "How about going for a wee first?" he said.

Charlotte nodded. "I think I'd better," she said.

Matt helped her along the landing to the bathroom. She was very uncertain on her legs, and she once almost fell but for Matt's presence. When they'd arrived Matt had to help her sit down; she could push down her panties herself. Matt looked away while she relieved herself, but he couldn't help listening. That's something, he thought. Back to recovery.

Then he took her back to the bedroom. After he helped her brush her teeth he shook up her pillow as she sat down on the bed, and he tucked her in. "Sleep sweet, Charlotte," he said, and he kissed her on her forehead.

She put her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. "Thank you very much, Matt," she said. Then she grinned. "Could you sing me a lullaby?" she asked playfully.

Matt was glad it wasn't too light in the bedroom, for he blushed all over as her kiss affected him physically more than he'd have allowed himself, had he been able to. He cleared his throat and sang Golden Slumbers to her.

She smiled at him and it made his heart turn over. "Goodnight, Charlotte," he whispered. Then he left the room.

Charlotte smiled drowsily. Life felt very good suddenly, she thought. Very good. She fell asleep almost immediately.

Matt put the books in the room next door, and the candles on a low cupboard on the landing. There were some things to be done downstairs, and he went there to carry them out. The washing machine was ready and he hung the clothes on the line. He wished he could see some of the underwear on Charlotte. He washed the dishes, hoovered the ground floor and put the kitchen in order before he sat down in the living room with one more glass of wine.

There wasn't anything worth watching on TV - nor did he like watching TV very much. Instead he looked about the room, wondering what it could tell him about Charlotte. There was a bookcase that held mainly nineteenth century literature, including a complete series of Dickens, and some modern stuff. The bottom shelf was devoted to whodunits, most of them by female writers, and there was a small selection of poetry. She apparently liked reading, which was to be expected in their firm. There was a stereo in the corner, rather a cheap one, he thought, with a collection of CDs in two tall racks. He went and had a look. It was an eclectic collection, ranging from Mahler to Tom Waits, and he put Blue Valentine into the CD player. He pressed play and adjusted the sound level. Then he sat down, stretched his legs and finally allowed himself to feel tired.

Blue Valentine was one of Matt's favourites albums. He had always thought the one thing missing on it was Martha, but of course that was on a different album. Still... He got up and had a go through Charlotte's CDs once more. Closing Time was there. Good!

Mmmm... What a woman. Had he been blind or what? He closed his eyes and saw her face, her smile, and her breasts in his mind's eye. He'd be there as long as she was ill, and then - then he would try and win her over for himself. He wished she were in his arms. Having her smile at him then...he almost ached with the unexpected need of her. He played Closing Time in its entirety, and then went to bed, happy to be there.

He first looked in on Charlotte. The light from the landing was enough to see her lying fast asleep, one arm under her head and her hair half across her face. She seemed to be smiling in her sleep - he wished it was because of him. He could make out her body under the duvet. She was beautiful.

Okay - bedtime. He had a quick shower and brushed his teeth. Then he went to bed. He lay awake for a long time, smiling and thinking about Charlotte. That kiss...

When he woke up that Christmas morning he had to think for a moment before he realised where he was. Oh yes. Charlotte! He got up, put on his robe over his pyjamas and went next door.

When he came in Charlotte was still asleep, but she woke up almost immediately. She looked around, saw Matt, and smiled.

"Happy Christmas, Charlotte," he said. He bent over and kissed her cheek.

"Happy Christmas, Matt," she said. "I'm glad you're here - I dreamt of you." She blushed. "And you have no idea how happy I am to be able to celebrate Christmas together!"

"Same here, beautiful," Matt said, and smiled at her. "Come, how about a visit to the bathroom?"

"Yes, please!"

Matt accompanied her, and he noticed she was a little less shaky on her legs. "Getting a bit better, aren't you?" he said.

She nodded, but she watched her step and held tightly on to him. He felt her left breast touch his arm; it made him think of washing her the day before and it made him go half hard. He hoped she didn't notice. Oh well, if she did, it couldn't be helped.

After the bathroom, he took her back to her bed, and said, "What would you like for breakfast, my lady?"

She grinned. "I'll have the cheese sandwich with tea, please," she said.

"Toasted or plain?"

"Plain, please. And perhaps I can try my tea a little stronger?"

Matt went downstairs and returned with their breakfasts on a tray. He put the tea on the bedside table and the plate before her on the duvet. "Can you manage?" he said.

She nodded. "Could you light those candles again?" she said.

Mat grinned, and went to get them. They sat in silence for a while, having their breakfast.

Then Charlotte sighed and put her mug down. "That's good," she said. "I'm feeling a lot better. Didn't you have any plans at all for Christmas, Matt?"

"No," Matt said. "I usually go to sleep until it's over." He grinned at her. "But then, I never had the chance to celebrate it with such a lovely companion."

"Thank you! You really don't mind being here?"

"Honestly. I hope I'll have to nurse you a little longer."

She blushed. "You're a sweet talker," she said.

"I mean it," Matt said. "I'm looking forward to spending these days with you. So you'd better resign yourself to my presence." He grinned and got up to remove the breakfast things.

"Would you like any more tea, or food?"

Charlotte shook her head. "I'm not a big eater, you know. I do like something really nice at times all right, but..."

"So you might say yes when I ask you out for a meal?"

"Yes, I would! When?"

He looked at her to find her smiling sweetly, with a happy gleam in her eyes.

"Let's say New Year's eve, if you're well again."

"Yes, please! Sounds very nice!" She sat up and passed her hands over her cheeks. "I wouldn't be up to it now," she added. "But I'm looking forward to listening to you read."

Matt nodded. "Excellent," he said. "I'll go and put the breakfast things into the dishwasher, shower, and then I'll help you wash. Okay?"

"Yes, please!" She lay back and looked at Matt tidying things up. He smiled at her for a moment. It made her feel all warm inside. He was really nice, she thought. She realised she was actually looking forward to being washed; it was nice to be touched by him.

"Soon!" he said as he left the room. She heard him descend the stairs, and thought to herself how happy she was it had been Matt who'd undertaken to deliver the Christmas box to her door. He'd patiently waited for her to open the door, and he'd taken charge. Best of all, he looked at her as if he really liked what he saw, and she liked everything she knew about him. Everything. Since she had first met him, she had developed a little bit of a crush on him, if she were honest, but had valiantly suppressed it because, as she kept telling herself, she really knew next to nothing about him, and he didn't seem like the kind of man to want someone like her around. And good looks didn't mean a good heart, anyway. Seems she had been wrong about that. She lay thinking about him a bit when she slowly dropped off to sleep again.

Matt poured himself another cuppa, cleared their breakfast away, and checked the washing he'd hung to dry. Done, all of it. Good. He would take it off the line and fold it when Charlotte had her afternoon nap. He took a swig of his tea and then his cell phone beeped. He took it from his robe pocket.

"Hello?"

"March here. I couldn't reach you yesterday - how was Charlotte?"

"Poorly to say the least. But she is improving. I'm nursing her a bit; she was too weak to make even a cup of tea."

"You're at her place then?"

"Uhuh. Someone ought to take care of her."

"Oh - and your Christmas?"

"Much nicer with Charlotte than on my own. I'm rather enjoying myself."

"Good man. I do appreciate that. Did she see a doctor?"

"She was without fever yesterday evening - I think she will be all right with some extra care."

"Okay. Well, hmm... Thank you, Matt. I do value her a lot, you know - when I'm uncertain whether or not to publish anything I ask her, and she's invariably right. So, hope you'll manage."

"I think I will. Oh, March, there's one thing you may do something about. Charlotte received an anonymous letter saying, 'Chubby Tubby,' and I think I've heard those words before."

"She did? How exceedingly rude! I will take care of that. That dirty so and so! Can't have that in my firm. You can tell Charlotte I will see to it, please."

"Good. Thank you!"

"And say hello to her for me, will you?"

Matt promised, they said their goodbyes and rang off.

Matt went upstairs quickly. Charlotte was still asleep, and he went and showered first. When he felt nice and clean, he went back to Charlotte's bedroom. He'd brought Dickens and some proof reading to while away the time, but he'd only read as far as the second page when Charlotte opened her eyes.

"Hi," she said. "I feel a lot better! I'm up to being washed now."

She gave him an angelic smile, and he felt himself going hot inside. "All right," he said. "By the way, I had a call from March. He asked me to say hello; I think he was a little worried about you. And he'll take care of that anonymous letter. Let's get you freshed up."

She sat up and put her legs across the edge of the bed. "March is a good boss," she said.

"He is," Matt agreed. "Shall we go to the bathroom? Or do we wash you here?"

"I would love a bath," Charlotte said. "I'm still a little shaky on my legs."

"Okay. I'll go set the water, shall I? Be right back, okay?"

Matt went to run her bath, searching for and finding bath salts which he added to the water before returning to her bedroom to get her. "Right," he said. "Let's get you into the bath, shall we?"

He led her to the bathroom, and helped her undress. Matt felt himself go hard at once. Damn. Charlotte was beautiful, sweet, sexy - the sight of her body worked directly on his crotch. He bent over to pick up her panties and tossed them to the door. Then he helped her into the tub. "Good girl," he said, and smiled at her. She smiled back, rubbed her cheeks and then lifted the water to her face, sniffing it delightedly.

He fetched the washcloth and went to Charlotte.

"Face first," he said. She washed her face, looking at him earnestly. He used the dry washcloth to dry her face, then handed it to her, so she could help herself. He decided that he'd better just enjoy watching her wash herself, and help if she got tired. He'd stay hard anyway, whether he'd try to land himself with a guilt complex or not, and he actually didn't feel guilty. On the contrary.

He washed her back when she asked him to, and then watched as she washed her breasts and belly. Her breasts looked even better than he remembered, and he loved the curve of her belly, too - nicely rounded and really feminine.

It didn't help him much when he saw her nipples get hard. Oh well, he thought, she can't mind too much. Or she feels cold - but he rather didn't think so.

He took the towel and dried her face and upper body before taking care of her lower half.

Two more hurdles - her sex and her bottom. Charlotte half rose and held on to Matt, and asked him to wash her lower back, and he happily obliged, enjoying the feel of those beautiful half-moons. He loved to touch their curves and to feel the way they passed into her legs, and he ran the washcloth between them, from the top to her rosebud. The feeling made her shiver a little, and she held on to his arm and the side of the tub firmly.

She sat back and took the washcloth from him, taking care of her lower belly and her sex. Mmm... He watched as the cloth slid down her nicely curved belly to her vulva, with the soft, auburn hair, and then as she washed herself in the place he was finding himself increasingly wanting to touch. The sight of her touching herself made him raging hard, and he had to stop himself from groaning. When she washed her legs and feet and then wrung out the rag and handed it to him, her cheeks rosy with feeling, he clenched his jaw tight, and let her finish herself while he smiled at her obvious arousal.

Charlotte felt very aroused by the way Matt's eyes ate her up as he watched her wash herself. She could see he obviously liked her body, and that made her feel really warm inside.

She stood up with his help, and Matt dried her off softly, draped her in her robe and led her back to her bedroom, where he retrieved a clean pair of panties for her.

Charlotte had sat down again. The washing had made her feel all rosy, and her nipples tingled. She wondered if it was just the washing or rather the fact that Matt had helped her do it that was making her body flush with heat. She suspected it was the latter. When he handed her her panties, she flashed him a bright smile.

demure101
demure101
212 Followers