Charlotte Makes a Change

Story Info
Charlotte fins out her husband is cheating, & makes a change.
6.3k words
4.57
16k
34

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 09/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*First, thank you in advance for reading my first story! Please feel free to make suggestions, comment & rate!*

My name is Charlotte Grey, Chali for short. I was born and raised on a horse ranch in southern Texas. I met my husband when I was about 5 years old, and we practically grew up together.

We got married just out of high school and he became a truck driver. I worked my way through college eventually earning a degree in physical education. We've been married for about 31 years.

After college, I worked as a PE teacher and also a trainer in a local gym. I never considered myself to be attractive, I guess that is how it is with most people. My husband always told me I was gorgeous and of course, I thought he was very handsome, but neither of us thought so of ourselves.

I stand about 5 ft 6 barefooted, with auburn hair that comes about the waist down. Remember I said I was raised on a ranch, so I usually kept my hair in styles that would not hamper me from being physical from a young age? But as I grew older, I began to prefer more stylish updo looks. Being a redhead, I also had a very pale complexion, thanks to the Scotch-Irish blood that ran in my veins, and freckles head to toe. I'm thin but curvy with long legs, wide hips, just a bit of a rump, and B-cup-sized breasts.

By the time I was 30, we had two children. Both are now grown and off to college, leaving me at home alone quite a lot. Once the kids came along, I gave up teaching so that I could be home while they were babies. Hubby made a hell of a living driving a truck and my income was just icing on the cake.

I am now 51, and for my age, I am still in awesome shape. I still work out at the gym regularly and do some training with others who need guidance. I also learned Karate and Kickboxing and play tennis.

It's early September and my husband had just left out again for another month on the road. He seldom spent much time at home, preferring to keep the wheels turning. His motto over the years is, "If the wheels aren't turning, you're not making money!" Being frugal as I am, I never spent much on myself, opting to take care of and do well for our kids as they grew up. While he was here, I did his laundry for him, and I came across a small black notebook in one of his pockets. As a wife and mother for as long as I have, checking pockets before washing had become second nature. You would not believe the things I have found in my pockets.

Being curious as I often am, I took the book and began poking around in it, to find the names and phone numbers of different women all across the country. My husband and I had grown very accustomed to being separated for long periods, so I guess I wasn't too surprised at the revelation that he had other lovers. When he was home, we always had a passionate lovemaking session. In his spare time at home, if there was nothing for him to do here, he would go hunting or fishing, go catch a game somewhere, or hang out with some friends. Like I said we didn't talk much, and I think we both preferred to be away from each other. We never fought and I wasn't going to make a big deal of his secret. So, when I packed his bags back up with his freshly washed dried, and folded clothes, I made sure to put the black book right on top where he would be sure to find it. I kissed him goodbye as always, hugged him tightly, told him to have a safe trip, and watched as he drove away, smiling and waving as he left, just as usual.

I spent the following week, as usual, making sure the lawn was mowed the house was cleaned, and everything was as it should be. I spoke to my kids on the phone a couple of times making sure they were well and doing well with their classes and work. Spoke to my husband when he called and made sure he was well and safe. Throughout the week, my mind dwelled on that little black book and what it meant. Maybe I understood the situation a little too well.

One of the things I missed early in our marriage was having my husband at home with me, but as the years went by, I missed it less and less and became settled in the fact that I was at home while he was out on the road. The living he provided kept the bills paid and the money I made was more mad money which I invested in different things. To say we were sitting pretty was an understatement. My husband could retire at any time, and we would still live comfortably, but of course, he wasn't going to retire prematurely, he the road too much to give it up!

By the time Wednesday rolled around, I had made a decision! I wanted to get out and enjoy some freedom as well. Not that I had decided that I was going to cheat on my husband, but that I was going to start doing some things for myself. I made up my mind that I was going to go to South Padre Island, do some walking on the beach, enjoy a little nightlife and make some noise! I made some calls and was able to secure a nice hotel suite for the weekend, so Thursday night, I packed a few things in a suitcase. Friday morning, I loaded up my Jeep Wrangler Sport and headed out.

I arrived on South Padre Island early that afternoon and found my hotel. It was almost right on the beach. Once I was settled in, I changed into a bikini and a sarong, coated my bare skin with sunblock put on my wide floppy hat, and in no time, I was walking the sandy white beaches.

I spent a few hours on the beach, relaxing on a blanket while reading a book. When I arrived, the beach was not too highly populated, but as the afternoon wore on more people appeared. After about 3 hours, I returned to my suite.

Now let me tell you, about this suite. It was huge and quite nice. It had a nice sitting room, a kitchenette, a separate bedroom, and the bathroom had a full shower in one corner encased in glass, and a huge jacuzzi tub with the works. And the outside wall was all glass looking out onto a huge balcony that overlooked the pool and the ocean. On the balcony in one corner was a marvelous hot tub.

I took a shower after returning from the beach, then I dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank top and headed out into the streets. When I checked in the clerk gave me a very detailed map of the area that pointed out all the local restaurants, malls, clubs, and so on. She was also kind enough to make some recommendations on where to dine and where to party.

Taking her advice, I first found dinner at a local restaurant, then I found myself in front of one of the clubs she had recommended. I stepped through the door and was nearly bowled over by the loud music playing inside, so much so that I stumbled backward and right into the arms of a huge black man who had appeared behind me.

Grateful, that I had not fallen flat on my ass, I turned around and was staring at a broad chest covered with a t-shirt. I looked up and up even higher as I tried to right myself and extricate myself from his arms. He had to be well over 6 feet tall, he easily towered over me by nearly a foot.

I met his eyes and smiled as I wobbled on my feet, "Thank you for catching me, and sorry for falling into you. This music is quite loud, louder than I am used to."

He looked at me with concern on his face as he held me, "Are you ok? Nothing hurt I assume?'

"Oh, no, I am fine! Just startled!" I said as I stepped back, "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"Hurt me?" tossed his head back with a loud laugh, then looked down and said, "Lady, you made my day! Talk about being in the right place at the right time! If I was going to get hurt catching someone, you'd be top of the list!"

I could feel my cheeks burning red as I dropped my eyes to the floor. I certainly knew a compliment when I heard it, though I thought most who paid me compliments were so full of shit, especially considering that I was over fifty. He slid his finger under my chin and directed my eyes back at his with a grin, "You are a sight to behold, absolutely gorgeous!" If I wasn't red enough, I could feel the heat from my cheeks spreading down my neck and to my chest. "But excuse me for being so forward! I am glad you are ok!"

I stepped back even further, more so I didn't have to bend my head as far back to look into his eyes, which were golden brown. I was taken aback at how handsome his face was. Honestly, I had never paid so much attention to black men before this, not that I was prejudiced, but then I have been married for all of my adult life and never really paid that much attention to any man. I said he was big, and he was! Almost as wide as the door frame behind him, but he was all muscle, Not overly developed, well defined.

I smiled again as I tried to reign in my embarrassment and said, "Thank you!"

"So, this is your first time here?"

"Huh? Oh yes!" I replied as I shook myself inwardly trying to regain my composure. Wake up, girl! You're acting as if you've never seen a man before... on second thought, you haven't, not like him! "Sorry, yes, my first time here, first time in Padre for that matter!"

He smiled again flashing his dazzling white teeth, and said, "Well why don't you come on in and let me get you a drink?"

"Huh! Oh, no thank you! I'm not trying to be rude, but I am married," I said as I held up my hand flashing the modest wedding ring on my finger. I had never cared much for flashy rings and my husband had kept that in mind when he bought my wedding ring.

"That's ok, I wasn't trying to hit on you. I was just trying to be hospitable! Your husband is a very lucky man, I will say that!" As he looked his way down and back up my body with a wide grin. When his eyes reached mine again after a long slow look, he said, "So where is your husband? I should shake his hand for marrying you!"

I blushed again flattered beyond belief and began stammering, "Ummm, well, he's on the road, a truck driver, I am here in Padre alone, just taking a weekend to myself, you know?"

"Ahh, yes I do know!" He said with a smile before sweeping his hand out towards the bar, "so will you be coming in to have a drink? I can see a few empty tables, if you hurry you might be able to snag one! Ladies first?"

I smiled and then put my back to him, looking into the bar, and then began walking. I could feel his eyes on my backside as I walked, and I was beyond exhilarated. I had always been used to men admiring my looks, but this man was very plainly outspoken. Admittedly, I was tingling from head to toe as I walked moving slowly through the crowd. I spotted a table that was empty and made my way there as quickly as I could. Gratefully, I pulled out a chair and sat, glad to be getting off my feet. Then I felt him there behind me, it must have been his shadow that I saw or something.

He appeared at the side of the table with his big smile and asked, "Now how about that drink?" He asked as a waitress stepped up to the other side of the table.

She was short and sweet looking and all smiles as she looked up at the black man, "Detective Crosse! Welcome! Good to see you again! And wow! You brought a date?"

I dropped my head and chuckled inwardly, then smiled, "No, no! I am here alone! The ummm Detective?" I queried as I looked from her to him, "was kind enough to keep me from falling and making an ass of myself at the door. You guys play some loud music in here!"

She laughed and then said with a big grin, "It's Friday night in Padre! Not that matters! The music is always loud, sometimes it has to be to be heard over the mob!" she said sweeping her hand around the crowded room! "So then, will the Detective be joining you?"

I blushed again as I looked from her back to him. He was just standing there, honestly looking like a lost pup almost. An attentive lost pup! I smiled and nodded, "Yes, I'm going to buy him a drink before I make a hasty exit back to my room!"

He chuckled as I indicated the seat across the table from me and then sat down in the chair. "Thank you for the gracious invite! I do hope you're not going to run off that quickly though!"

I blushed as I looked over at him and smiles, "We will see!" I looked over to the waitress with a grin and said, "I think I'll have a SoCo on the rocks with a lime twist, and you Detective?"

He smiled as he looked at the waitress, "I'll have the same, Mindy! Oh, and hey! Tell that lousy bartender to keep his fingers out of the drinks!"

She laughed and swatted his shoulder, "I'll be sure to tell him." She turned and headed for the bar.

I turned back to find his huge hand extending across the table as he stood up, "Detective James Crosse," he said with his huge infectious smile.

I placed my hand in his and watched as it disappeared from his grasp, he pumped my hand slowly. I was so stunned for a minute that I just stared before stammering, "Charli Grey!"

"Charli?" he said questioningly, "It's a pleasure to meet you! That's an interesting name."

"It's short for Charlotte," I replied as I leaned back into the chair.

"Oh! Charlotte! I like that! Very nice!" he said his smile gleaming and his eyes twinkling a bit. "So, tell me Charlotte, what do you think of Padre?"

I smiled as I answered, "Well, considering I have only been here a couple of hours and haven't seen much more than the beach and here, I feel like it's a nice place. Of course, the music is loud... but then I guess that is just me getting old! I don't remember it being this loud as a kid!"

The waitress reappeared at my side setting a drink in front of me, "Here ya go guys!" she said as she sat the other drink in front of him. "So, are we running a tab?" She asked looking at him as she moved to my side.

"Ummm, no..." I began but was cut off by James.

"Yeah, Mindy, you know the drill!"

"Very good sir, I will check back with you shortly!" She said to him then leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Free drinks and that tall handsome man to look at? I wish I were in your shoes right now!" She stood back up, "Just let me know if you need anything else!" then turned and headed back to the bar.

James lifted his glass in a toast, "To you and to hoping you have a wonderful weekend!"

I picked up my glass and clinked it with his then took a drink as he did. I sipped the lime hinted cold whiskey, let it swirl around my mouth, and then swallowed with an appreciative grin, "They do make a good drink here."

"Yes! They do indeed, one of the reasons I come here!" he replied as he looked across the table at me.

We sat and talked as we drank our drinks, then I excused myself to go to the restroom. I was about halfway back to my table when I was stopped by a man, "Hey doll, how about a dance?" he said as he learned at me provocatively.

"No thank you," I said with a smile as I tried to sidestep him, but he moved to cut me off.

"What!" he shouted as he took me by the arm, "You think your too good to dance with me?"

I looked up at him with alarm on my face as he spun me into his arms, "Unhand me you creep!" I shouted as I brought the heel of my left foot down on his toe as hard as I could while gripping his arm in both my hands and spinning around, then I brought my knee up and nailed him right in the crotch.

He bent double with a searing pained look on his face, but then another guy grabbed my arms as the first regained some composure, "You bitch, now you're going to pay for that!" The second guy shoved me back at the first before I had a chance to react, within seconds they were both wrestling with me, trying to drag me when all of a sudden, one just disappeared and was replaced by James.

I grinned as I regained my footing and then used my momentum to swing the guy still holding me around, sending him barreling across the floor. James bent down and hauled the two guys off the floor by their collars and said while flashing his badge, "You two need to go home and sober up before you get into more trouble." Then he shoved them into the arms of a bouncer who hauled them both out.

I dusted off my hands and righted my tank top which had been tugged partially aside revealing more of my left breast than I had cared to put on display in a public bar.

James stepped over to me and said, "You got some moves girl!"

I smiled and nodded, "I spend a lot of time in the gym. And you, you're pretty handy as well."

We made our way back to the table and had another drink. "I have to say, the clerk at the hotel where I am staying suggested this place, but I wasn't expecting any trouble."

James nodded and said, "You know that was a one-off. This place has never had much trouble, a skirmish here and there, but that can be expected sometimes. For the most part, the staff does a good job of keeping the peace."

I nodded as I took notice of the time and said, "Well, I think I have had enough excitement for one night. I'll finish this drink then I am going to head back to my suite and relax." James nodded as I finished my drink, then stood as I moved to stand up. "I want to thank you for coming to my aid." I stepped over to him and gave him a light hug and then tipped up to kiss his cheek. "I hope you have a great evening!"

He smiled and nodded again, wishing me a good evening as I turned and headed for the door. Back on the street I turned and headed back up the sidewalk in the direction of the hotel where I was staying. I arrived back in my room, fixed myself another drink, and settled onto a lounger on the balcony.

I watched as the sun dipped lower, the sky growing darker to the east. Once the sun had set completely, I wandered back into my room, closed the sliding door, and pulled the shades too. I shed my clothes and settled into the jacuzzi and relaxed as the jets massaged my body. Then I crawled into the bed wearing nothing but a pair of boy shorts and within minutes I was sound asleep.

I woke up Saturday morning, just as the sun was beginning to brighten the horizon. I pulled the shades, opened the sliding door, and leaned against the door jamb watching the sunrise. Then I turned and began dressing. I slipped on a pair of shorts a bra and a tank top and put my tennis shoes on. As usual, I normally go for a jog in the mornings, so I did that, then went back to my room for a shower.

After the shower, I dressed and was on my way out of the room, pulling my door closed when I heard a familiar voice, "Well good morning! Imagine meeting you again!" James said as he was closing the door on the room next to mine.

Startled slightly, I looked around at him the grinned, "I get the feeling that you're stalking me!"

"Nothing of the sort," he said, throwing his hands up as if surrendering. He smiled as he appraised my look.

I looked him up and down too, noting he was dressed casually. Shorts and a t-shirt, shoes, and sunglasses. I had to admit, he was a fine-looking man, and I knew he was appreciative of my look as well.

I leaned back against the door of my room, "I am curious. Why are you spending a night in the hotel? I thought you lived here."

He nodded, "I do live here, but my house is being remodeled so I am staying here until it's ready to be reoccupied. I never imagined that you'd be staying in the same hotel, and certainly not right next door!"

I smiled, "I guess we both have very good taste in hotels!"

He smiled back, "Yes! If I were advising people on the best hotel, this would be it! Would you care to join me for breakfast? The restaurant on the ground floor serves up some of the best pancakes around! Everything they serve is pretty much off the chain!"

I looked at him quizzically, "Off the chain? That must be some new kind of slang. I've never heard that before."

"Oh yeah! It means damn good!" He said with a broad smile.

I pulled myself upright, "Well, I was just about to head down and give it a try myself, so I guess we can go together."

We made our way down to the lobby and into the restaurant, and a server seated us. After placing our order, we sat and talked while sipping hot coffee.

12