Charmingly Ruthless

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On the seventh day the Australian consultant arrived to join the project team that then moved to a small conference unit at a hotel and worked through until everything had been collated, double checked and inserted into the final draft. That document would be printed and distributed to directors and senior executives of the company for a special meeting of the board to be held in the same hotel the following week.

At the end of that first day Chase had just fallen sleep when her phone went. She decided not to answer but suddenly realized who'd be phoning at such an ungodly hour -- someone on the West Coast of the United States. She answered just as Pearson was about to hang up.

His sister Bette was still in critical care, but the medical team no longer had fears about her survival. It was a polite phone call, not one between two lovers, though they'd not yet been lovers despite having slept nude in the same bed. Chase managed to end with a "goodnight my love", acutely aware that she should have said darling instead of my love and noticing in relief that Pearson had been similarly restrained, referring to her only as 'dear' and then only twice.

"Oh dear? Is it over before it had time to start," she mused before falling into an exhausted sleep.

Chase lifted heavy eyelids to stare at the howling alarm clock at 7:00, wondering if she'd been asleep at all and recalling Pearson had phoned and it had been a conversation as dull as dishwater. Then it dawned on her, the reason for that sombreness. She threw off the bedclothes and skipped into the shower singing her good mood song, "I Can See Clearly Now', and thinking how very appropriate that was. Chase had realised the fusion that fired between her and Pearson came when they were face to face. At present it just didn't fire when they were apart.

"Come back to me, Pearson, hurry home, fall into my arms and make my heart soar," she warbled almost tunelessly but very happily.

"What's up with the boss -- she's almost out of her skin this morning?" commented the crime reporter.

"Must have visited an all night bar for a couple of beers before coming in here," yawned another male who'd had the 6:00 start to make early calls to check emergency services for over-night action.

Chase, waiting for the news editor to find her copy of The Economist he'd borrowed, heard those comments and smiled.

"What are you two women sniggering about," demanded the crime reporter.

"Can't you see -- she's in love," giggled one of those females. The back of the neck of Chase in view turned a deep shade of pink.

The email on Chase's computer, sorted in order of priority by Ashima and the message of the twenty-three incoming messages given Priority No. 1 was waiting for Chase when she arrived at her desk: 'Bette out of danger. Arriving Auckland 8.05 Friday morning. Meet me and book hotel room Friday and Saturday nights and our flight home Sunday, please my love. Wear something sexy. Pearson.'

"Ashima!"

Her PA put her head round the door and announced: "The air travel is booked and confirmed as is a Premium room at the Royal Rex for this Friday and Saturday nights and charged to your personal account."

"Oh, Ashima, you're so damn efficient -- please take Friday afternoon off."

Chase was at the airport in plenty of time and the aircraft arrived early. She recognised Pearson by the Stetson -- a lovely new one, white. He looked so dashing and Chase imagined everyone would be looking at him. She stood her ground, a little nervous, not quite knowing what to do.

Stopping, several yards away, he dropped his carry bag and stood holding his arms wide open. Struggling to maintain decorum Chase hurried to him to be held in those arms.

"I'm so happy to see you, my sweetheart," Pearson cooed, and then kissed her long and deeply as if they'd been separated for months rather than not quite a week. The intensity of her greeting told her he'd missed her and undoubtedly signalled his awareness of what lay ahead of them.

Chase was sure he'd be able to sense her arousal -- it was pulsating within her like a drumbeat. She could feel it through it flowing through her, identifying itself unmistakably as 'the hots'. She almost panicked when releasing her from their embrace he said, smiling softly: What a lovely greeting. Are you okay -- you feel rather warm?"

A background of frontline journalism was useful to Chase in curbing panic or cutting through indecision so she reverted to type and meeting his quizzical gaze said with both humour and warmth: "Recognise it for what it is, darling: I've got a bad case of the hots for you. I have been rocked by frustration by circumstances beyond our control, I have been working excessively but I have not lost sight of my goal. Now it's at my fingertips."

"My God," Pearson said in awe, clutching Chase who was now beginning to shake. My poor darling, you are near collapse from exhaustion -- let's get you to the hotel."

Pearson pulled out his travelling bottle of spring water, still half-full.

"Here, drink this."

"It's okay, I really don't drink water unless at the gym or jogging."

"Drink it! That's an order," he persisted.

Chase drank a few sips and looked at him, but the face she looked at remained impassive.

A little more was consumed but this time when she looked at Pearson he shook his head and said firmly, "This will not do, Chase -- for you own good drink the water. Two large gulps now and you must finish it when we get into the car -- I'm only telling you what your body is signalling: liquid and sleep.

"Sleep!" she cried. But...but..."

"I know, sweetheart but we have oodles of time. Well get you on to fresh squeezed juice at the hotel then a couple of hours' sleep and chances are, you will awake resurrected. I should know, I've been down this same track more time than I care to remember."

"You'll stay with me, won't you," Chase asked plaintively as they walked to the exit, both holding on to the luggage trolley.

"I'll only be popping out to buy some fresh fruit and glucose. After that I'll be as close as the next room."

At the car Pearson insisted that Chase lie on the backseat and finish drinking the water. He drove to the hotel with the air-conditioning down as low as it would go. Being priority booked guests they were shown straight to their room at the hotel, a corner suite with close harbour views. Chase, who'd been asleep in the car, undressed to her bra and panties in the main bedroom and was asleep again by the time Pearson returned to the room. He decided to send out for the fruit and glucose. The time was only 9:55.

Chase awoke just after midday, calling out for Pearson. He arrived in the bedroom with a glass of chilled orange, kiwifruit and mango juice, freshly whizzed in the hotel kitchen, and laced by glucose by Pearson.

"You look better -- honestly," he said, kissing Chase.

"I feel a little better, honestly. Will I be able to have wine with dinner tonight?"

"It's not advisable."

"All right, I accept that. What about sex?"

Pearson acted like a TV doctor, looking very serious, supporting his chin with a finger: "Medically madam, there is no reason why you should not indulge, lightly mind you, but speaking personally you should not engage until you feel bouncy."

"Bouncy?"

"Bouncy?"

Chase began weeping.

"What's the matter sweetheart?" soothed Pearson.

"I don't feel bouncy," she cried.

Greatly relieved he rushed out to get another glass of fortified juice.

"Drink this and it will do you a world of good. I'll be just next door making business calls. Everything is fine on the farm and Cole Brighouse informed me that Pru told him that she will need a day after tender close at the end of next week for the redevelopment to get an analysis done and that Lady Clinton-Jones will then go over that report with you to select one or more of the most appealing tenders and then to consider them individually."

"That's good, " Chase said sleepily.

"I'll be off and have a shower," said Pearson, reminding Chase he'd only be in the next room.

The reply was a faint "Hmmm."

* * *

Something heavy landing on Pearson's chest awoke him.

"I'm bouncy!" squawked Chase excitedly, covering his face with kisses.

"Good heavens, your hair is damp and you've changed into...hey, this is rather sexy. One of those teddy things and matching silk knickers. Hmmm."

"You're not supposed to notice -- you're a man."

"Oh, there've been a lot of men, have there?"

Chase went pink but held his gaze.

"Not all that many -- go and freshen up and race back and make love to me."

"Okay, what time is it? Gosh, almost 7:00 -- I've been asleep for almost seven hours. I showered, changed into these shorts and made just one phone call and that's the last thing I remember."

"Okay, off you go, I really don't need to listen to trivia buster. Return quickly and be bouncy."

"Yes ma'am, get your kickers off and be ready -- ma'am -- no, on the other hand I'll attend to that ma'am," called Pearson as he went into their bedroom.

Pearson was soon at Chase's side. She felt big-eyed, bright and flushed but not fatigued, so was very happy. She had built an incline of pillows on one of the sofas and was ready for anything.

"Here is you lover," called Person, dropping on to his knees beside her. "My darling, your exotic perfume cuts through to my heart like a new and intrinsically superior blood supply," he oozed. "I daresay it will allow me to perform like an energised electronic bunny."

"Oh my God, come here," cried Chase, opening her arms.

Pearson slithered into them effortlessly, no mean feat for such a tall and broad shouldered man.

"Your exquisite neck with its alabaster swan-like beauty is as if produced by the greatest living sculpture in all of Greece and Italy combined," enthused Pearson, the former creative manipulator of words in the advertising agency business lifting himself into romantic oratory while dabbing tiny kisses in the wake of his sliding hand as it progressed up over her body.

"This hair of black and pure silk of thoroughbred quality. And, may I ask, what do we have here? Just the two most glorious pair of eyes ever sighted since the days of Marcus Antonius of Rome in 30 BC but fortunately the Roman influence has not extended to the nose which appears to be more classical European, rich in royal heritage but of course."

"Finally, for the moment we come to the mouth, a curvaceously formed object of desire that symbolises the fertility of mankind and in its original form served as the prototype for most of the lips of marble carvings throughout the world of heavenly angels. And it is now these lips that it is my solemn duty to kiss unless their passionate lushness consumes me."

"Hmmm," murmured Chase, who interrupted her giggling fit to pucker up to receive Pearson's descending lips.

Their lips met, the eyes of the lovers were closed and their faces were peaceful which was how it should be.

The kissing was interrupted for brief breathers until it was time for Pearson to resume the commentary accompanying his maiden journey of exploration.

"I must continue in my quest to find the doorway to Eden," he whispered.

"Go in peace, and I hope you find treasure you clown," giggled Chase, giving him a very wet kiss.

Taking the teddy in farm-strengthened hands, Pearson ripped the gold-coloured silk garment from end to end and carefully spread it wide, to Chase's indignant cry, "Oh Pearson, how could you; I've only worn that teddy for the first time today.

"It was stained by toothpaste and fruit juice," he lied. "Oh my word, what do we have here -- two creations in alabaster modelled on two ancient temples of the East built to commemorate the original Mother of Mankind whose very existence unfortunately has slipped from the knowledge of modern people. The original temples were constructed of slightly different size, a phenomenon replicated I believe in the construction of twin temples on many women's bodies today."

And that was all Chase could take. She was awash in sexual excitement stimulated by the delay of getting any action. All this poetic carry on... she was embarrassed by her wetness.

"Oh thank you Pearson... ever so eloquent. You've won your lady, now push it in or I'll scream!

He obliged, ripping off his clothes and proudly holding in view what he had. Chase swallowed nervously, but really it was okay.

"Oh good girl, he crooned, slipping into her. "You're a woman who isn't dry to deliver an anti-cock reception."

"It's made for you Pearson," she murmured, fluttering her eyelashes and tugging at his nipples but that was being overly sexy -- that plus her tightness.

"Oh damn," Pearson complained, horrified. Although not quite fully in his cock was convulsing and spewing.

"Oh don't despair. I enjoy a lover who is comely."

Pearson shook his head and then grinned. "Really?"

"Yes, you're not a one-shot jock are you?"

"No of course not. Plenty more from where that came from."

"Well let's abandon ourselves in unrestrained sex," Chase cooed. "We'll wallow in sweat and goo... it's a long time since I've been sexually sated."

Pearson looked at her almost in awe, as if he'd been given the key to the citadel. He licked his lips, "Are you sure?"

Chase sighed. "Just get on with it Pearson."

Athletically she opened her legs wide and crooking her arms to catch them as they lifted, lowered her feet beside her ears, presenting Pearson with very open access to the citadel. His resting dick surged back into complete readiness and Pearson began driving it in and out with gorgeous rhythm, sucking a tit and murmuring he was fucking his way towards Utopia.

"Oh you're such a good boy," Chase sighed, humping back at him and with her eyes closed lifted up her head and buried her big fat smile into his hair.

Much later when they awoke -- a bite on a nipple awoke Chase -- she put on her best grateful smile, not that she really had to try.

"God, I feel as if I've been run over by a truck."

He swaggered off to the bathroom and as he returned, a tired smile plastered over his face, Chase thought the timing was perfect. "Person, can we set a date for when we'll conduct buckskin burning day?"

He gaped at her.

"While you are getting used to that idea shuffle that dick here and allow mummy to reward him with some kisses and anything else he'd like."

Pearson shuffled forward obediently but looked a little like he'd just been poleaxed by an aneurysm.

Later when Pearson awoke he found a note and cursed, thinking she'd gone. But no: 'Shower and come down and find me in the lounge reading my newspaper and we'll go to breakfast. Then we'll return to bed or if you wish go shopping to buy replacement clothes for you. XXX.'

Pearson began shaving, a look of Buckskin withdrawal agonizing his face. The bitch was determined to have him burn his beloved buckskin clothing. He signed and decided she'd have to go. But in the shower washing his dick he thought of what Chase could do to his dick what buckskin couldn't and decided to compromise. He'd negotiate to keep his best suit to wear to fancy dress parties and other special events. Yes, Chase would wear that... she had a heart, didn't she?

Yes Chase had a heart. She looked at him kindly over the breakfast table as he pleaded. She thought he pleased more passionately than most guys did when pleading for a fuck. When he stopped, looking almost like a crumpled man instead of her big guy she said yes, she was prepared to compromise. "Keep them but don't wear them within my sight except to fancy dress parties."

Pearson smiled and patted Chase's hand affectionately. That compromise was so restrictive he decided to place all his buckskin apart from one suit into the clothing recycling bin outside the supermarket. At least that spared him the agony of watching them burn.

"Come on I need a fuck," she said, eye burning brightly and standing. People around them appeared shocked although a couple of women were smiling.

"What a beautiful way to pass the morning," Pearson said smoothly, and watched smiles appear on other people's faces around them. He'd decided the longer he could avoid going shopping with Chase the longer he could wear buckskin.

Chase, bent over the arm of the sofa, with Pearson plunging into her gripping both of her tits for far more awkward support than simply holding her hips, heard Pearson's panting change into gasping and felt him thicken. She turned and just as he threw his head back ready to pop, she called loudly, "Let's go to a men's outfitters and have late lunch."

The poor guy's eyes bulged and she thought he'd never stop jerking into her as she squeezed him with maximum expertise.

"Shopping, oh how sweet," he sighed, as he rolled off with a thump on to the floor and lay, eyes closed, chest heaving. Chase would be told later Pearson was thinking how could the bitch be so charming and yet so ruthless at the same time?

Meanwhile, Chase was plotting how to get her estranged husband out of her life. Pearson would probably shoot him is she asked nicely but that was a bit over the top. The papers had been filed including by Baxter and now they had to wait for the two-year period of separation before the court dissolved their marriage.

She sighed thinking two years with that mother-fucker still hanging around. God she hated him.

"What's wrong honey? You look depressed. Have you decided not to go shopping with me?

Chase grinned. "No, shopping will cheer me up. I was thinking about how to get that bastard husband out of my life. She told Pearson how Baxter had come looking for her.

"That creep, I'll strangle him!"

"No darling. That could go wrong and we both could end up in jail."

"Then I'll pay to have him assassinated."

"Pearson darling, don't be so ruthless. That's a barbaric thought. Use your panache."

Pearson laughed at being called ruthless. "Me ruthless? You can talk."

"Who me?" she replied innocently as if she didn't know.

"How about paying him to go away -- say to Australia. You said his parent bank was based in Aussie?"

"Well yes."

"We'll give him time to secure a job transfer to Aussie, preferably in Western Australia to get him way out of sight, and then we pay him cash."

"How much?"

"We throw in twenty thousand each."

"He's a greedy bastard."

"Well let's go to fifty thou each if necessary but let's keep that up our sleeves."

"Okay so what now."

"Get him down here, with his girlfriend would be best. We arrange a meeting with your pal Harold mediating."

"Okay, that sounds really good. It's a great idea to include Aimee because the talk of money she might like the thought of scampering to Aussie with Baxter if they are still together. That could entice Aimee to put the screw on Baxter. She's feckless as well as treacherous and greedy."

Pearson grinned and said she sounded like his kind of girl. "Is that why you too were close pals?" He caught Chase's fist just inches away from crashing against his ear.

"Bastard."

Pearson grinned and said he was hungry and was told he wasn't eating until they had purchased at least some of his new wardrobe.

That evening Chase had dinner with Judith and Pru. They then examined closely the four proposals Judith had selected as appealing to her. She said the site was already zoned for redevelopment with. The three of them agreed Cole's proposal stood out.

An hour later Pru yawned and said she was ready to return home. "Make your decision mother."

"What do you think Chase?"

"All four have merit so you can't go wrong. Pru has told you which project is the most cost-efficient and which one, in her view, would probably sell more readily. All are professionally designed so can be expected to meet all requirements of local authorities for multi-floor construction. Chose Judith."