Chasing Alex Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"N-no," Leila felt flustered. The annoying thing was that she hadn't even lied yet, and she was already panicking. "I was going to pay the taxi driver to wait with my luggage while I shopped."

Spencer stood now, and towered over her. "Tell me where you were really going, Leila."

Her breathing had quickened and she willed it to slow. "I-I was going for a massage... and then a manicure." Her eyes again moved back to Gabe whose expression remained blank. "Really, I was."

Spencer's eyes remained on her as he spoke. "Gabe, why don't you go for a walk. Get us some beers for later."

Leila's stomach churned at the thought of being left alone in a room with Spencer, whose palms looked large enough to crush bones.

Gabe remained in his seat. "I'm not going anywhere."

Spencer turned. "A word?" he growled.

Leila watched as the two men walked to the other side of the room. Harsh whispers bounced between them, and she tried to no avail to make out what they were saying. She only caught Gabe's last word. "Fine." Then watched with disdain as he left and closed the door behind him.

She felt the colour drain from her face as Spencer dragged the armchair until it was directly across from her, and sat himself in front of her. He was so close she could smell the mint on his breath.

"I really was going for a massage," she whispered.

"I believe you," Spencer said, "But there's more to the story than that, isn't there?"

She shook her head, perhaps a little too quickly.

He held a palm up to her. "Give me your hand."

Her eyes glanced to the door.

"You wouldn't make it two steps." Spencer said calmly, reading her mind.

Resigned, she shakily placed her right hand into his palm. One large, rough hand caged hers, and he brought his free hand to join. He used his thumb and forefinger to lightly squeeze the joint of her thumb, her knuckle, and then moved on to her forefinger.

"Did you know there are 27 bones in the hand?"

Leila swallowed, and the sound was magnified in the silence of the room. She already knew where he was going with this, and the dread began to course through her body.

"And 27 joints." He squeezed each joint of her middle finger, and then bent the finger gently back and forth, as if seeing how flexible it was.

"Such tiny bones," he moved to her ring finger, which looked so fragile against his giant hand. "And yet when they're dislocated, or broken, pulled from their joints..." he pushed her finger backward, pausing at a point where it felt strained but not painful. "The pain can be unbearable."

Her eyes, which had been transfixed on her hand, moved up to his face. His eyes sparkled dangerously, and he inched her finger back even further, causing her to gasp as the movement became painful.

"Please!" She shook her head desperately. She really couldn't handle pain. Torture had never been part of her training with Alex. Disguise, sure. Escape, easy. But the cold, hard terror of having one finger after another pulled from their joints. No.

"Tell me what I want to know, Leila." Spencer's expression showed not event the slightest hint of sympathy for her. She hesitated a moment too long. "Fine." He went to move her finger again, but she opened her mouth before he could.

"Madrid!" she cried.

Spencer's hands paused, keeping her finger poised in the same position. "What about Madrid?"

Tears filled Leila's eyes. "She wants me to meet her in Madrid. Three days from now."

"Why?"

Leila looked away, and a sharp pain resonated through the tendons in her hand as he moved her finger back further. "Ahh!" she muffled her cry with her left hand. Any further and it would surely snap.

"Why, Leila?"

"Sh-she didn't say, but she knew you were following us, that you were possibly listening in. Puerta del Sol is one of our designated meeting places."

"Why did she get on a train?"

Leila shook her head as tears streamed down her face, "She didn't mention any train. I swear. She just dropped me at the airport and told me to meet her on the 21st."

Spencer stared at her quietly, examining her face for what felt like minutes, but was likely only seconds. Then he nodded, and released his grip from her finger.

She let out a breathy moan as the pain dissipated from her finger, leaving only a dull ache.

"Good girl." He closed her hand and placed it gently back into her lap. "Now go freshen up."

* * * * *

Gabe had told Spencer he'd give him ten minutes, so he was surprised when the door opened after only five.

"Did you hurt her?" He couldn't hold back the concern in his voice.

Spencer gave him an amused look. "I didn't need to. Like I told you, she wasn't going to speak until you were out of the room."

Gabe had insisted on staying, until Spencer had pulled him aside. She feels safe with you here. You need to leave or she won't say a word.

Spencer had spent near a decade leading interrogations. He knew how to read people, how to tell when they were being dishonest, and how to press them until they told him what he wanted to know. Sometimes it took applying pain, but mostly he just knew how to fuck with people mentally. His size and gruff appearance also worked in his favour. There were few people who wouldn't take his threats seriously.

"Alex knew we were tracking her phone, which means Chase walked straight into a trap."

Gabe frowned. "He messaged this morning saying he'd secured the necklace..."

"Did you call him?"

"I tried, but he didn't answer. He messaged saying there wasn't enough reception and that he'd meet us in Porto on Friday."

Spencer swore under his breath. "Alex made plans to meet Leila on Wednesday," he growled. "She's getting off that train early."

"Fuck." Gabe started to pace the hallway. Of course she was one step ahead; she always was. If Chase wasn't so infatuated with the damn woman he would have been able to see that he was walking straight into a trap.

"Did you tell him we have Leila?"

"No." Gabe pulled his phone out from his back pocket. "But I can. We can use it as leverage to get Chase back, and the necklace."

Spencer frowned. "She'll only formulate a new plan to get around us."

Gabe paused. "You don't think she wanted us to find Leila, do you?" He'd been dishing out lectures to Chase all of last night about Alex, but he realised he'd been just as bad putting his trust in Leila. She had a naivety about her that Alex lacked, and she didn't come across as a seasoned liar. But then, seasoned liars never did, did they?

"I don't think so. The girl's fear is evident; she wasn't expecting to get caught. Even so, we need to be wary of her just in case."

Gabe nodded. "Should we try to get on the train?"

"No." Spencer's eyes narrowed. "I'm done following that bitch's tracks. We go to Madrid and wait for her to fall into our trap."

* * * * *

Chase urged himself not to think about his bladder. Alex had been gone for the entire day and most of the evening, and he'd polished off the majority of the snacks in the mini bar beside the bed. It was a kindness, he supposed, that she'd strategically positioned him in reach of the fridge. He'd been tempted to down a few of the mini spirits, but decided he'd best keep his head clear while in this predicament. Given the pressure on his bladder right now, it had been the right decision.

He pulled once again at the shackle around his wrist, but the lock was strong, and even if he had a paperclip or a pin, picking locks was not his forte. He thought of Gabe and Spencer and wondered if they'd been successful in catching Alex's young accomplice. If they had her, they would at least be able to turn this shit show around and have something to offer in exchange for the necklace.

His eyes moved to the briefcase on the other side of the bed. He was surprised she'd actually brought it here. The man who'd delivered it must be someone she held in high regard to have been trustworthy enough to transport such a valuable item. He'd had it locked away in his safe for over a decade. It wasn't something he wanted to display, or to parade around like so many other egocentric males in his circle. The necklace meant something more to Chase. It wasn't just the value of the item, it was the sentiment behind it.

Just as he was weighing up how successful he would be in aiming for the toilet from where he sat, he heard the beep of the door unlocking, and Alex waltzed in. She took in the crumpled wrappers surrounding him on the floor and raised an eyebrow.

"Are you trying to max out my credit card by eating all of the mini bar snacks?"

She collected the gun from the other side of the bed and then tossed him the keys to his handcuffs.

He smiled up at her as he undid the locks. "Well I figure it is my money you've stolen, so really I've paid for them myself." He thew the keys back to her and moved to the bathroom, not missing the flush of her cheeks as he freed himself from his pants.

"See something you like, sweetheart?" he spoke low as he relieved himself, enjoying making her uncomfortable.

"Nothing I haven't seen before," she shrugged, her tone unimpressed.

"I seem to remember you rather enjoyed it before," he flushed the toilet, and tucked himself back into his pants, but instead of moving back to his place beside the bed, he took a tentative step towards her. "You enjoyed touching it," he lowered his voice, "feeling it slip deep inside you..."

"Don't take another step." Alex raised the gun so it was aimed directly at him. He didn't miss the soft flush that appeared across her breastbone, or the increased rise and fall of her chest.

"Okay, love." He raised his hands with a grin and sat back on the floor beside the bed. "But I'll be right here if you change your mind."

She waited until he'd cuffed himself back to the bedpost before tossing him a pillow from the bed and switching the lights off.

As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he watched her silhouette strip down to her underwear before slipping on a silk night gown. He was instantly hard and had to fight back a groan when she crawled under the blankets on the far side of the bed. Christ, how was he supposed to get to sleep with her lying only a few arms lengths away from him and wearing nothing but a slip of fabric?

He used his free hand to pull his jeans off, giving him at least a little more comfort, and then settled the pillow beneath his head.

"Good night, beautiful," he murmured with a teasing smile.

She huffed and rolled onto her side, facing away from him.

* * * * *

Chase lay awake, his head propped up on the pillow, listening to Alex's soft inhale and exhale. Every hour or so, she would murmur incoherently, and toss and turn, as if experiencing a bad dream, before returning to a state of calm. This had happened so frequently throughout the night that her body had gradually moved from the far left side of the king sized bed to the right hand side, so close that Chase could almost reach out and touch her.

"No..." she mumbled, and Chase watched as her gorgeous face crumpled slightly before she wriggled further to the right and in his direction.

Gotcha.

He lifted his free hand and reached out to brush a lock of soft hair from her angelic face. Her breathing steadied and she let out a gentle sigh, her breath brushing warmly against his arm. God, but she was beautiful. He couldn't decide whether he was more attracted to the witty, hot-headed woman he'd dealt with during the day, or this vulnerable slumbering beauty before him. He continued to gently stroke her hair, feeling an odd need to comfort her and keep her nightmares at bay. In all of his 30 years, he hadn't yet come across a woman who could affect him so strongly. When he was with her, every one of his emotions was heightened; fury, jealousy, desire. It was maddening. He continued to stroke her hair, until he felt her begin to stir beneath his hand. She was waking up.

Not wasting any time, he gripped her by the forearm and pulled her roughly towards him, ignoring her loud gasp as she fully woke and realised what he was doing.

"Ugh!" She let out a guttural moan as her body hit the ground beside him, and then her arms and legs were everywhere. A leg kicked out, narrowly missing his groin. An elbow copped him in the side, and nails scratched against the skin on his forearms. He rolled himself onto her, pinning her limbs to the floor, and using his body weight to keep her still.

"Get off me!" she hissed, trying to free an arm from beneath his chest.

"And why would I do that?" he smirked, enjoying the raged expression she threw at him.

She stilled, realising she didn't have the strength to physically overpower him. "You can keep me here as long as you like," she growled. "I don't have the keys to the handcuffs on me. You'll have to let me go eventually."

"Eventually, yes," he used his cuffed arm to put pressure on both of her wrists, keeping them pinned above her head. "But I'm rather enjoying the view right now."

His gaze took in her flushed chest which rose and fell as she tried to catch her breath. Her breasts strained against the gown, and her nipples pressed against the thin fabric. She glared daggers at him, but when he lowered his head slightly towards hers, she was the one who closed the distance.

Her hot, eager lips met his with even more passion than the last time they'd kissed. He smiled into her mouth, and pressed his tongue against hers, loving the feel of her smart mouth submitting to him.

"Asshole," she murmured into his lips, knowing full well what he was smiling about. He chuckled and kissed her more fervently. His free palm gripped the material of her night gown, drawing it up past her waist and over her breasts, allowing him the glorious view of her fully stretched out and exposed to him. She had a body made to make men's knees go weak. He placed his hot mouth over a nipple, enjoying the way she arched her back in response. It was torturous taking his time with her, his cock straining painfully against his briefs, but he wanted her to burn for him, to beg for him.

"Chase," his name on her breath made him delirious. He ground his erection against her, feeling the dampness of her core through his underwear. "Please..."

He ignored her pleas and continued to tease her breasts with his tongue, feeling her tiny body writhe beneath him. His fingers played at her hip bone, tracing a trail down to her centre, then moving up the flat of her stomach, and back to her hip. He edged closer to her core each time, but never close enough, and he knew she was becoming impatient from the tiny moans she made every time his fingers moved away.

"Chase," her tone was demanding. He knew she wasn't the type of woman who liked to be refused, and that only made him want to keep her waiting for longer. She spread her legs wide beneath him and lifted her hips off the ground, making him even harder than he already was, if that was even possible. "Please!"

The next time his fingers moved, they didn't withdraw. Instead, they made their way into her deep heat, and he was rewarded with her sharp gasp of approval. Her eager arms wriggled beneath the weight of his forearm, but he kept them pinned firmly to the ground.

"Nuh-uh," he tutted. "I'm in control tonight."

Her eyes bore into him, a mixture of fury and lust. Sharp fingernails dug achingly into the skin of his arm while his fingers continued to move inside her, drawing desperate breaths from her pouty lips.

"I want..." her voice was heavy with need.

Chase moved his mouth to her ear, biting at her earlobe. "Tell me what you want."

"I want you to fuck me," she breathed, "Hard." She dug her nails even deeper into his arm, as if to emphasise her words.

Jesus. He drew his fingers from her and pulled himself free from his briefs. Wasting no time, he slid easily into her, groaning at the feel of her tight, wet channel encasing him. Their bodies melded perfectly together, and as his hips began to move, she met him thrust for thrust, creating a flawless rhythm. Even with one of his hands restrained, there was no awkwardness in their movements. Her legs wrapped snugly around his hips and her eyes didn't move from his.

His free hand gripped her arse, his fingers pressing into the soft flesh, before sliding down teasingly towards her back entrance. "You know," he whispered into her ear, "I could pleasure you even more with two hands free."

She answered him breathily, "Not a chance, Bradbury."

It was worth a try. He picked up his pace, feeling that familiar pressure building, and sensing she was also close. His hand moved from her rear and came to her clit, using two fingers to help her find her climax.

Her eyes fluttered delicately closed as the sensation started to send her over the edge.

"Look at me," he demanded, needing to see those gorgeous eyes as she came with him.

She obeyed, her wide eyes meeting his with a desperate cry. His own climax followed closely behind, and he gripped tightly onto her hip bone as he emptied himself deep inside her, before letting his head fall against her chest.

They lay like that for some time, their bodies entwined while their breathing gradually slowed. Eventually, Chase pulled gently out of her and rolled to lie beside her. He thought she might be asleep, until her soft voice broke the silence.

"My father was a programmer and software developer," she said. "It was a high paying job, but the real source of his wealth was through his marriage to my mother."

Chase propped himself up on his elbow and nodded for her to continue.

"She died when I was eight and he was never the same after that. He distanced us from our family for so long that eventually they didn't want anything to do with us. He started drinking, and then he started gambling. It was small bets at first, a few hundred here and there, and then it became thousands. His addiction had lost him his job and before long his debt was so large that we lost the house, too. By the time I was 16 we were practically living on the streets, and the only thing of value he had left was me. So, of course, he tried to gamble me away too."

Chase brushed her hair back from her face. "I'm sorry." He'd had a tough upbringing, but he'd lived the rough life from birth. She'd been privileged and then lost everything and, in a way, that was worse. She would have lacked the street smarts and survival instincts that he'd learned as a child.

She shrugged. "I found my own way. Just like you did."

"You shouldn't have had to."

He reached for the duvet on the bed, and dragged it across them both, then drew Alex against him. She nestled snugly into him, sighing against his chest.

After a few quiet moments, he brushed a kiss across her forehead and spoke softly. "You know you could come home with me. You wouldn't have to steal anymore."

Alex didn't respond.

"I would look after you."

When he heard her steady breaths he realised she had already fallen asleep. He settled in closer to her and sighed. He would convince her in the morning.

* * * * *

It was still dark when Alex had finished dressing. She had quickly, but quietly packed away her belongings, careful not to wake Chase who still lay peacefully on the ground. She'd been planning to leave a day later, but she couldn't spend another minute in his company. She was scared that if she did, she would end up agreeing to something stupid.

I would look after you.

Even now, the words made her stiffen. She'd been given promises like that before and they'd always been broken. She wasn't a child anymore, and she knew that to put her fate into another person's hands would only end badly. She controlled her own fate, that was how she survived.

"Sorry Chase," she whispered as she collected the briefcase from the bed. Her hand reached for the door, but then she paused and turned back to the sleeping man. A devious smile lifted her features and she walked back towards him. She collected his pants and underwear from the ground and stuffed them into the side pocket of her suitcase.