Chasing Eden Ch. 01-03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was no Peter or Eddie with her this time. However, after the display they showed the previous evening, all the agents understood how serious this opportunity was.

After a long day of work, the new talent evaluator gathered her belongings so she could head back to her hotel. However, before she could leave, a familiar voice called her from behind.

"Miss Camilla!"

When Camilla turned her head, her eyes popped wide-open when she realized who it was. "You're that woman from yesterday!" she said, furrowing her eyebrows. "What are you doing here?!"

With an eager look on her face, Leah approached and explained, "I saw that you were here on your Instagram page. I had to stop by and see you!"

"See me?! Why would you need to see me?"

"You said the only way of getting a deal with Moonlight was through you," the raven-haired woman pointed out. "So, since we couldn't schedule a time yesterday, I figured I could just show up and try again."

"That's not how it works, Sweetie," Camilla replied in the most condescending voice. "All you can do is pray my schedule clears up and I find time for you."

Suddenly, Leah grabbed Camilla's hands and squeezed them as she begged for mercy. "Please, Miss Camilla... I really need this opportunity!"

"Begging won't do you any good. I'm an accomplished woman in this industry, so I know what it takes to be successful. Just wait for your turn in line. There are no shortcuts in this world, only sacrifices."

Suddenly, a look of determination came over the brunette's face. Sniffing as she fought off her tears, Leah declared, "I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I swear I'll prove myself to you."

"Whatever..." Camilla responded, rolling her eyes as she walked off.

"This isn't the last you've seen of me! I promise I will prove myself to you!"

What a crazy bitch, the blonde said to herself as she left the conference room. However, when she turned back to look at the black-haired woman one last time, she thought to herself, Unfortunately, I know this isn't the last time I'll see you...

***

I should probably give Peter an update, Camilla thought while sitting in her Uber. This was a long but productive day. I bet he would like the good news.

As Camilla grabbed her phone, she quickly noticed she was receiving a phone call. Though she didn't recognize the number, she figured it was important since it was not only from New York, but it was also a Sunshine Industries number.

"This is Camilla."

"Hello, Camilla," the unfamiliar voice responded, causing her to grow weary. "Did I catch you at a bad time?"

"Umm... no, Sir. But may I ask who this is?"

"I guess we haven't officially met. My name is Marco and I'm the head lawyer for Sunshine Industries."

The blonde woman could almost feel her heart stop when she realized she was talking to the same man who had called Jane to inquire about her. Suddenly, she was trying to contain herself as she wondered, What could he possibly want to ask me?

"Are you there, Camilla?"

"Oh! Yes, Sir, I'm here. How can I help you?"

"Well, I'm just looking for a little information. You see, at Sunshine Industries, there are always things going on in the background. We sometimes need bits of info just to make sure everything is copacetic."

"Oh, yeah!" Camilla responded, trying to sound as cooperative as possible. "Let me know what I can do for you."

"Just help me understand; you were recruited by Peter and Eddie for this Moonlight project, correct?"

"Ummm... yes, Sir..."

"And in no way did you leave your Sunshine position out of spite for the company, correct?"

"Of course not! I love this company! I grew up here!"

"Trust me; I get it," the man said, chuckling. "I'm not doubting your love for the company. I just have to make sure all the information I have is correct."

"I understand..."

"While I still have you on the phone, let me just ask you, Camilla; are you currently with Peter and Eddie?"

"Umm... I'm not with them at this exact moment," the woman explained, feeling her heart racing. "But they are in the area..."

"I just need you to do me one favor."

"Yeah? What is it?"

After a long pause, the lawyer explained, "I need you to keep track of everything Peter says."

"You need me to keep track?" Camilla asked, growing confused. "What do you mean by that?"

"If you can try to remember everything he says and then write it down for me, I would really appreciate it."

"Okay... I can try..."

"It shouldn't be that hard of a task," Marco suggested with another laugh. "It's not like he's very talkative."

"You're right about that," the blonde replied, shaking her head from her own frustrations. "I'll try to remember what he says and write it down for you."

"Thank you very much! And remember, Camilla... I need you to write down everything you can..."

"Yes, Sir..."

Placing her phone down, Camilla rested her head in her hands and let out a loud groan. Just what the hell is going on? she asked herself, as her body began to shake. I didn't ask for any of this...

***

That evening, after finishing her paperwork in her room, Camilla made her way down to the lobby, where she was sure she would find her two coworkers. "How did I know you guys were here?" she joked before dropping the stack of papers in front of them.

"We don't have an office, so we just use this bar instead," Eddie joked, looking at the work the blonde had done throughout the day. "What brings you down here? There was no rush to get any of this to us."

Looking intently at Peter from the corner of her eye, Camilla explained, "I just wanted you guys to see how much work I got done today."

Peter stared at the woman for a moment before grabbing her paperwork. After flipping through the pages, he shrugged his shoulders and simply replied, "Okay."

"Okay?" Camilla repeated, looking slightly offended. "I worked my ass off all day for you guys and all I get is an okay?"

Before Eddie could speak up, Peter gave the blonde a cold glare. "What exactly did you want me to say?"

"Um.. how about a thank you? I mean, I already know you don't have any fucking manners, but you can at least thank me for doing the work of five people. I even organized it nice and pretty to make it easier for you guys."

Eddie tried to step in to diffuse the situation, but before he could say anything of substance, Peter interrupted by asking, "So you want me to thank you for doing exactly what I hired you to do?"

Camilla stood there for a moment, gritting her teeth while staring a hole into the empty man. "Just fucking forget it! I don't know why the fuck I expected anything else from a piece of shit like you!"

As Camilla turned and stomped her way out of the bar, Eddie looked over and smiled at Peter. "Well, that was pretty cold of you."

"Was it really? I'm just trying to make sure she knows I'm not her friend."

"I'm sure she gets that by now. I still think you're being a little too harsh on her."

Peter sat quietly, watching the blonde disappear into the distance. Then, with a sip of his glass, he whispered, "At least I gave her something good to report."

A smirk came over Eddie's face. "So I'm not the only one that noticed she was watching you?"

"Of course I noticed. Just like I noticed my phone is being tracked. With all this shit they are putting us through, they're liable to drive me crazy."

"I agree."

***

After kicking her door open, Camilla rushed into her room and flung herself to the middle of the bed. Holding her face in her palms, she tried to fight off tears of anger.

"What a fucking asshole!" she muttered, letting the rage build within her. "How the fuck did my life get to this point where I'm allowing myself to be mistreated by a piece of shit like him?!"

The longer Camilla went on replaying the recent events, the more she started to grow sad. Hoping to divert herself from depression, she focused her energy on getting Peter back. I don't know why they want me to keep track of him, but now I'm definitely motivated, she said to herself as she opened up her laptop. I'll let Marco and the rest of corporate know exactly what a jackass he is.

***

After a night of anger and tears, Camilla woke up feeling like a mess. She could still taste the alcohol on her breath, and smell the cigarettes on her hair, as she tried to will herself from the bed. Ugh... I guess I forgot to shower... she groaned, grabbing her phone to check the time. I have another long day ahead of me... another long day of unappreciated work.

When she checked her notifications, she realized there was a message from an unknown number. Once again, the New York area code left her confused, but that wasn't as concerning as the message itself.

"Call this number immediately," Camilla read out loud, still trying to open her eyes all the way. I wonder who this is. It better not be that crazy bitch... God knows she's good at stalking.

After finally rolling out of bed, the platinum blonde walked into the bathroom and started the shower. I'll make this quick. By the time I'm done with this call, the water should be warm enough.

The phone rang once, and only once... and there was an answer on the other side. "Hello."

"Hi... I'm responding to a message from earlier this morning. You texted me to call you?"

"Yes. Miss Camilla, right?"

"Um yes. And who is this? Is this an agent?"

"Yes, this is an agent," the man answered with a serious tone. "I need to speak to you immediately."

Shaking her head in confusion, Camilla began explaining the normal process. "Look, I'm heading out to speak with agents in about an hour. You can just meet me there if you really want..."

"You're not understanding me," the unfamiliar voice interrupted in a stern tone. "I've set up a meeting with you in the conference room downstairs. I need you to meet me there."

"What? Wait, are you at my hotel right now?"

"First floor, conference room."

Before Camilla could respond, she noticed the call had ended. Though she still didn't understand what was going on, the talent evaluator tossed her phone to the side before undressing herself. I'll head down there soon,But Mister Pushy is just going to have to wait. I'm taking my shower first.

Once Camilla was done with her shower, as well as her hair and makeup, she took the elevator to the first floor, curious to see who this mysteriously impatient person was. She was in the process of meeting with several agents per day, so it didn't make sense that one of them was being so demanding.

He's probably not even here anymore the blonde thought as a smirk came over her face. Then, when she entered the small conference room, she had a glimmer of hope that the mysterious agent had run out of patience.

Surprisingly enough, there was a man inside, sitting on the edge of a table with a serious look on his face. He doesn't look like an agent, Camilla thought to herself, as she approached the mysterious man. I wonder if this is even the right guy.

"Close the door behind you," the man instructed, with the same voice Camilla heard on the phone. His serious tone and look caused Camilla's heart to stop for a second as she noticed the strange aura emitting from him.

"You're the one I'm supposed to be meeting, right?" the blonde asked, almost shaking as she shut the door.

"Yes."

"Are you really... an agent?"

"Yes, I am," the man answered before standing up. Then, approaching Camilla with his arms folded, he glared into her eyes before continuing...

"I am an agent... an FBI agent... We have much to discuss."

To be continued...