Chasing Harper Pt. 02

Story Info
Let's make shit worse.
5.9k words
4.61
6.1k
7

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 04/05/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LCBaker
LCBaker
8 Followers

Harper looked closely at the email from her new ECON Professor, Dr. Jones. She taught Economics 200. Harper thought Dr. J was pretty pensive, but fair nonetheless. She was a true stickler for efficiency and precision. She could drone on and on, at times Harper thought she would pass out during her class. It's when she missed Liam's engaging lectures, he always involved the class, it sounded cheesy but he made you want to learn about economics. Now, she was bit confused now, according to Dr. Jones' email, she would be out 4 weeks due to a personal family matter, while a provisional professor would take her place while she was away. Clicking off the email, Harper shrugged her shoulders, and wished Dr.J the best, she hoped it all worked out for her.

Harper wasn't sure which Professor would replace Dr. Jones for the time being, but she knew she'd find out tomorrow when she had class.

Grabbing her cup of hot chai tea, she stepped her feet into her fuzzy black slippers and went to the back of her home, looking out at the back yard. Opening the glass door, she stepped down the first step on the cement stairs and sat down, placing her cup on the bottom step. Her eyes roamed the neat back yard. She and her mom spent every Spring working in her garden. Growing up, they lived with her grandfather and he always had a vegetable garden. Harper remembered constantly being outside with them on her knees, pulling weeds and planting seeds. Her grandfather still had a beautiful vegetable garden to this day.

Fortunately for her, he planted a few fruit trees in the backyard when she younger, now she rarely went to the market for fruit and vegetables; she could always go to their house to get veggies and fruit.

Harper got off the steps, took off her slippers and walked barefoot to the neatly mowed lawn. She loved her back yard, letting the dewey grass slip between her toes, she closed her eyes and blew out a deep breath. Her backyard was her favorite place in her home, next to the kitchen. The property was completely fenced in. They had set up some wooden patio furniture, and a hammock that Harper would constantly fall asleep in during the summer. A screened in gazebo was nestled in the opposite corner. At times she would do her homework and studying in there when she needed a breather from being inside the house, and didn't want to go to the library.

Harper walked slowly to the hammock, and settled in, she looked toward the sky and sighed. She felt restless. There were times when the restlessness would start, then loneliness would creep in, and she would feel unbelievably blue. She had taken up running again. Her body was still conditioned from all of the competitive softball she played in high school. However, it took her a few sessions to get back into the swing of things, but she refused to give up. She knew that she couldn't think Liam away, so she tried to make herself so unbelievably tired when she ran that the only thoughts when she fell asleep were; nothing.

She knew it would be hard to get over him, she just didn't know it would be this hard.

Harper leaned on her side in the hammock, the pretty flowerbeds in her line of vision. The sweet floral smell tickled her nose, she sat up and rubbed her eyes, not realizing that her cheeks were wet with tears. Harper didn't realize she was crying, scoffing she quickly got up and went into the house to change. She grabbed her rubber cap, black one-piece swimsuit, some hair products, and flip flops. Stuffing them all into a small duffel bag, Harper headed to the gym. She knew she could run away the thoughts of Liam, so let's see if she could swim them away..

**********************

Liam went over the documents on his desk again, his vision now blurry. He rubbed his eyes and winced, it was like sandpaper was underneath his lids. Opening his desk drawer, he pulled out a small bottle of eye drops and dropped a few in each eye. Liam welcomed the burning sensation as the drops worked their magic on his unbelievably dry eyes. Wiping the corner of his eyes, he reached back in the drawer looking for his glasses, feeling the case, he quickly pulled it out, opened it, and slipped the black square frame glasses on his face. Liam tried to focus on the documents again but couldn't. The words seemed jumbled to him, then again he couldn't really focus on anything. Sitting back in his chair, he allowed his thoughts to roam. Harper came into the forefront. He hadn't seen her in a few weeks, he thought things were supposed to get better but he couldn't shake the hollow feeling in his chest.

"Knock knock," Aimee stood there with a slight smirk on her face.

Liam knew he shouldn't be agitated at her presence, nothing was really her fault. Aimee didn't know he and Harper were together. No one knew actually, still he couldn't stomach talking to her just yet.

"Hey Aimee," replied Liam less enthusiastically.

"Hey yourself," stated Aimee casually as she strolled in and perched herself lightly on the arm rest of the guest chair. "What are you working on?"

Liam focused on the documents in front of him, not meeting Aimee's eyes, he grunted, "some stuff for class tomorrow actually.."

Liam wasn't sure if Aimee caught on to his dismissive mood, if so, she didn't act like it.

"Oh, you're teaching on Tuesday's now?"

"I'm doing a favor for a colleague, she's out due to a personal matter. It's ECON. I'm just going over her syllabus."

"Well, aren't you sweet," she stated, a bit to syrupy for his taste.

Hopping up, Aimee made her way around his large oak desk, and set down prettily at the corner. "So, I was wondering if you weren't doing anything later, maybe you'd like to grab dinner?"

Liam groaned inwardly, what had he done? Sure, Aimee was an attractive woman and he had known her for quite some time now, still he couldn't handle whatever it was she was trying to accomplish right now, he just wasn't in the mood.

"Uh, thanks Aimee, but I'm good, I'm going to leave pretty soon, and I still need to go over those investment contracts for The Crosgrove group. I have to teach at 8 tomorrow. But thank you really," he said stiffly.

Aimee was shocked. She thought she and Liam were moving towards something, she knew it wasn't serious, well at least not yet, but they had known each other half of their lives. Their families ran in the same social circle. His parents loved hers and they often visited each other's homes growing up.

"Um.., okay, yeah sure," she replied quickly and hopped off his desk. "I'll let you get back to work." Liam noticed that she moved shakily, he felt bad. Before she walked out the door she turned on her heel, "Good night, Liam." He could see the disappointment marring her pretty face. "Good night, Aimee."

Liam knew he was a jerk. It wasn't really Aimee's fault. He should have never slept with her. Aimee and her parents were old family friends. Growing up, the Latimores' frequented the Hunters home on numerous occasions, their mothers had tea on Tuesdays and their fathers had been business partners as well as golfing buddies for the past 15 years. He and Aimee had grown up together. They both attended Sacred Heart, the prestigious private academy, and went on to Standford together.

Their parents had been pushing him and Aimee together for years, Aimee was your typical Barbie doll beauty. At 5'8, she had long blond hair, a slender frame, large fake breast and beautiful blue eyes. To most men, Aimee was an aesthetically pleasing package. Still, Liam could never feel the connection that they always tried to force. He and Aimee got along just fine, but something was missing.

He wasn't sure what it was about Aimee, that gave him pause, but he figured it was her snootiness. Aimee, like his parents as well as her own, looked down on people. They had his whole life.

Liam never adopted that attitude about the less fortunate however. He was pro human, and believed heavily that people could not help where they came from. A person's character was the most important thing about them. He gave a sad smile. His nanny taught him that, Ms.Lily. She was a wonderful woman who took care of him for years. Ms. Lily was a kind woman, with a quick tongue, and funny mannerisms. Some of his best times in life were at Ms.Lily's house when his parents were away. They'd read, play games, and she'd always let him lay his head on her lap when they watched a movie.

Ms.Lily was the person who he wished was actually his mother. She was always patient with him, and allowed him to drag her all over the city going to different museums and historical monuments. His mother, Elaine Hunters, meant well, however she was a snob through and through and constantly looked down on others. It's like her brain was programmed that way, and she never was able to grow out of it. Especially when it came to his nanny.

Ms.Lily was black, and his mother never let her forget it. Of course Ms.Lily was her elder and she was always respectful. She actually loved Ms.Lily, what she didn't love was the fact that her son favored the older woman over her. Eventually, Liam grew old enough to watch himself while his parents were away or after school. That was enough for Elaine to quickly terminate Ms.Lily with a hefty severance check and send her on her way. If Liam was being quite honest, he resented his mother for a long time because of it. He considered Ms.Lily family, and for many years she raised him like her own son.

Liam couldn't think about the past anymore, it was causing him to become more depressed than he already was. After clearing off his desk, he grabbed his briefcase and lesson plans for Ms.Jones' ECON evening course. He was doing the Dean a solid and took on another class due to a colleague's personal family matter. Liam locked up, and headed home. He was happy to see that Aimee had already left for the evening.

He was glad he had taken on the evening course, teaching kept his mind off of Harper. He could get lost feeding information into to those young eager minds. He hoped Jones' class was ready for hard-ass Hunters.

*********************************

Sofia walked into the on-campus eatery quickly, agitation evident in her stride. She could see Harper nose deep in a heavy book on the table before her, as she pushed her glasses up her nose and began to highlight more text.

"So, that's how we get down now Harp?" Sofia's pretty blue eyes narrowed immensely as she stared at Harper.

Harper could feel her shoulders slump and defeat take over her posture. "I'm really sorry Sof, honestly. It's just, shit started happening and I had to leave."

Sofia's posture faltered, she crossed her arms then unfolded them, her attitude still in place, yet a concerned look in her eyes. "Explain."

Harper relayed the story of what happened at the club between her and Liam, realizing it was a dick move to just bail on Sofia, even if her intentions were pure, although one sided.

"Damn sister, well why didn't you just tell me, I'm so terribly sorry that was going on while I was stuck up Gigi's ass, I would have given that fuckwad a piece of my mind."

Harper gave a strangled laugh, "No I'm glad you guys had a good time, you know I've always liked Gigi."

Sofia rolled her eyes, but couldn't stop the blush that graced her pretty freckled face. Harper had never met a black girl with as many freckles as Sofia had or eyes that were so blue. Sofia's dad was a red headed blue eyed Irishman, and her mother was a chestnut beauty from Ethiopia. They made a beautiful child in Sofia.

"Still!" Sofia said rowdily, "we melanin sisters have to stick together!"

Harper gawked then laughed, "Okay, black power we get it."

Sofia's eyes danced as a smile broke out on her face.

"Okay okay, I won't start." She knew that melanin comment would make Harper giggle. She hated to see her friend so down. Harper was never like this, Liam had really done a number on her best friend.

"Anyway Rosa Parks, what are doing here? You do realize you don't go to the university," stated Harper.

"Pshh, big whoop, this campus should feel honored I'm gracing its establishment with my presence," stated Sofia quick wittily as plopped down in a bean bag next to Harper's chair.

Harper rolled her eyes, Sofia knew all of the right things to say to make her feel normal again.

"Besides I could ask you the same thing, why are you here past 4? Aren't you done for the day?"

"Normally, on Tuesday's I am, however my professor is out due to a family emergency and a replacement professor is going to take over until she can come back. I have an evening class at 6:00."

"Oh cool, is Ian ok with you taking off this evening? Sofia asked, referring to Harper's really mellow boss at the book store.

"For sure I already spoke with him about it, you know how he is, a supporter of education through and through. I swear, I think he supports my education more than I actually support my education," laughed Harper.

Sofia laughed loudly, she never went to college, although she always wanted the experience. She had been modeling since her junior year in high school. After graduation she started doing international ads. She had done a lot of work for Gucci and Hermes last year in Paris.

"So, tell me about what happened with you and Gigi, Miss Thang because you are not off of the hook just yet," inquired Harper.

The blush crept back into Sofia's cheeks as she told the story of her and Gigi's wild night. Harper was glad for the distraction, she needed something to take her mind off of her own situations.

*********************************

"I wonder who the new professor is," stated Devon as she began to pull her laptop out of its case and settle into the seat.

Harper shrugged her shoulders, " I have no clue, but hopefully I can actually stay awake in this class. Jones could go on and on forever, its like she wanted to use the full 90 minutes."

"I know, she always reminded me of that guy from the Visine commercials, the one who sounds like Eyeore, maybe they're related," stated Devon on a chuckle.

Harper laughed easily, Dr. Jones, did sound like the dude from the Visine commercials. She and Devon met freshman year, they always got along well, Devon was quick witted and easy going. She was a slim girl with curly blond hair and blue eyes. Harper always enjoyed her company. She was a good friend.

The girls chatted aimlessly as they waited for the rest of the evening class to fill in.

"Damn..." Devon looked a bit dazed, Harper wasn't sure why but she looked up and followed suit..however, her damn was internal, and her pulse began to race as her palms became slick with sweat. She tried to reign in her emotions, however she couldn't stop her shocked expression.

Professor Hunters sat his leather briefcase on the desk, picked up the chalk, wrote his name on the board, then he turned around and faced the class.

"Good evening everyone, I am Professor Liam Hunters and I will be filling in for Dr.Jones for the next four weeks."

Liam looked at the expectant faces of the students, his gaze landing on one in particular, a shocked expression flashed in his eyes, lasting for only a moment. Harper looked at him with wide eyes. Her mouth slightly ajar.

Liam grinned internally. This was going to be interesting, he thought. Harper wouldn't be able to cut him out of her life so easily now. She had been doing a great job so far, much to his dismay.

Liam began an open dialogue with class, going over Dr.Jones' thorough course load. The students were engaging and asked several questions.

Liam loved classes like this, when the students really interacted and enjoyed learning the material, it made him feel a sense of accomplishment. Lately, he had been looking at his life in terms of moods and emotions, and the way Harper looked at him, made him feel a completely different mood. She was a mood all on her own.

*******************

Harper's shock had worn off, but only minimally, she was still shocked but she was at least able to have a straight face now. Her expressions were unreadable only because she felt like she couldn't understand them. She was really enjoying Liam's lecture, however she knew that she was enjoying it because of the way he taught.

He was so intelligent and you could tell in the way he spoke, his body language surefooted. He spoke to them as equals with endless potential and confidence.

Harper even laughed at a few of his jokes, she hadn't forgotten how witty and charming he was.

Still, she refused to get sucked back in, she couldn't allow Liam to worm his way back into her good graces. He had broken her trust and she knew that their relationship was a secret. Still she thought that their bond was so much stronger than that. She had hoped that he felt for her what she had felt for him.

The worst feeling is when you find you didn't mean as much to someone as you thought you did and you look so stupid for caring so much. He made her feel weak and she refused to go back to that place of confusion and inferiority. Now, if her nether regions could understand that, maybe, just maybe she'd get out of this class with her clothes intact.

****************

The class passed by relatively fast, it was refreshing and informative, Liam had assigned a reading assignment as well as a study guide for the upcoming quiz.

Devon and Harper chatted easily as the class filled out, Liam sat perched on the front of his desk, discreetly watching Harper.

"So, you in buddy? I was thinking we could go hit Aioli's after?" asked Devon as she slung her brown leather knapsack over her shoulder.

"I actually started swimming again Dev, I was gonna go down to Silver's gym after class, but next time for sure, ok?"

"Yeah, for sure," said Devon easily.

"Mhmm-" a throat clearing had both of the girls looking up.

"Sorry to interrupt ladies, Ms.Delaney may I have a word before you go," Liam stated sternly as he walked away from his desk and began to gather his supplies from around the projector.

Harper was momentarily stunned for a moment. "Uh, sure Professor Hunters."

"I'll see you later Harp, text me," stated Devon quickly. She didn't know what Harper had done but she would hate to be on Hunters shit list.

************************

"She looks so fucking sexy,"

thought Liam. He was trying to curb his half chub the entire class. It was quickly growing to full mass. She was always so stylish.

Her makeup was light; only mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss. Her long hair was loosely curled like she'd just gotten off some tropical island.

She had on a white tank top with the word "melanin" written in black tucked into a pair of ripped blue jeans, and a pair of leopard print dressy flip flops. Her long burgundy cardigan had fallen off her shoulders exposing her creamy caramel skin and luscious neck.

The tops of her big breast were exposed. His mouth positively watered. He'd spent hours licking that body of hers.

Harper felt like prey, the way he looked at her. She cleared her throat, hoping to stop his perusal of her body. He always made her self conscious.

He casually walked to the class room door and locked it, this was an evening course so he knew most of the campus was gone or on their way out. Most of the people left on campus were the janitorial staff and some lingering students.

He walked back slowly and stood in front of her. He could hear her gulp.

"Yes, Professor Hunters?"

Harper could see his eyes flash darkly.

"What have I told you about that," he asked gruffly.

She was grateful the rest of the class was gone. She wasn't going to let him bully her.

"Liam, youare my professor, what else should I call you, hm?" annoyance was evident in her stance.

LCBaker
LCBaker
8 Followers
12