All Comments on 'Cheating May Not Work Out'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 185 Comments (Page 2)
PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
I wonder how long it will take

Until he figures out that he was the direct cause of her death. If his admin hadn't come up with the crap about a new way to look at a marriage she would still be alive. All he had to do is when he talked to his wife is to tell her 'I know about your planned affair. If you do this I will divorce you.' That would give her the choice. He decided right away that he was going to screw his admin. He should have just told her he wanted a divorce. Basically, he set her up for failure. All this new age 'mumbo jumbo' about having an open marriage just doesn't work. It may work out for a few, but this story is an example of what is probably more the norm. She was wrong in thinking about having an affair. He was wrong in pushing things the way he did. His admin... She was the female example of a male predator.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
He is the only one that actually cheated

She was going to cheat he could have stopped it instead he gave her permission. She had permission to sleep with just Stan and he just Kathy. So sleeping with Jenna was cheating. Many things try to get into the inner sanctum of a marriage and intrude on the bliss sometimes it takes the strength of both to keep the door being smashed open. If an intruder was trying to break in and my wife couldn't hold them off I would be right there ensuring they didn't get in same with anything in my marriage. Sinstalker2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
READS LIKE ANOTHER STORY

First part of this story reads almost like another one. Except ending was changed,

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
Concept Of Story Changed

Married women who think they want to cheat or cuckold their husbands should consider the possible results...especially if the lover's wife or the cheater's husband finds out. No spouse wants to be publicly humiliated. Suicide is often the choice selected by either guilty party or the victim. In a similar situation three of the four people involved chose that way out. Only the male lover chose not to kill himself. What should that tell us?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fuck her

She done this so why should she get what she wants. Put her maiden name on her grave.

For the story itself

5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Who wrote the ending after Colleen & Stan were caught?

Surely not the original writer. It was as if two different people wrote parts of the story.

How does one go from a loving husband to an ogre just because his wife got caught? It wasn't like he wasn't aware. Fucked up ending. What happened? Did you get tired of writing? Only a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5+

annony is just an old fat ugly fag fool. She left him for a dog, and then she killed the dog! Annony is the fucking king of cuck stories and reads them all He fucking loves these LW cuck stroies

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What Happened

This guy Walt is a flaming idiot and a fucking pussy. No man with even a bit of pride

would tell his wife to just keep on screwing her boy-toy. Nope, this whole story is just

a flaming crock of shit. 1 Star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wtf?

totally dumb and unrealistic. not much more to say. *

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
started out interesting

but just descended into stupid unreadable crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
REALLY????!!!!!

Every character in this story is FUCKED UP! Nothing is realistic about it!

Author, you have one fucked up mind!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pathetic

must have been written by a college professor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Unfinish d business

U left out an important job. U needed to do something to her lover who caused her death. Anyway u look at it it needs to be done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
twisted

For such a gifted writer, this wasn't a very good offering. It was a little unorthodox with each personality having different definitions of committment, so I can't say it read as a "loving, cohesive" solution to traditional monogamy (my preference).

Then, if one doesn't try, they don't really learn. So, kudos for taking the shot.

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I don't know about this one

Not sure why you had to kill her in the end. Kind of cast a cloud over the whole thing. Didn't feel real good at the end of this one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The cheater is dead

Other than that not much to recommend this.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 7 years ago
Silly preaching

Buzzwords and justification for a cause. She killer herself. Come on. How did cop know where to find him?

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Shit Happens, Folks

And although I agree that the suicide was a tad over-the-top, I loved the story otherwise. I don't favorite a lot of stories, but this one made the list!

Thanks!

peter944peter944over 6 years ago
Very well done

Good tight story, the suicide at the end was unexpected but..... not over the top as others thought IMHO. Keep it up!

LoejtcLoejtcabout 6 years ago
Overall a good story

The writing is better than most authors on this site, the dialogues cogent, and the overall plot a male fantasy. Who would not want a good looking fuck buddy who loves you completely but is willing to share you? However, there are a few situations that didn't feel right.

Kathy and the new approach:

Odd that a man who finds out his wife, who he claims to love dearly, plans to cheat would be so dispassionate about it. In the space of minutes he readily accepts Kathy's proposal for an open marriage. He then calls his wife and gives her permission to cheat.

Colleen's ready acceptance of the proposal:

Colleen isn't dumb. Even though she had limited time to decide on the proposal the downsides for her situation were readily apparent. Walt already had an unattached lover who accepted open relationships but Colleen was in a much more vulnerable situation especially when Walt makes it clear that he will divorce her if her affair becomes public knowledge or is embarrassing to him or the family.

How convenient that Kathy loves her boss:

How would this story play out if Kathy didn't have the hots for Walt? Probably a simple BTB ending in two pages.

The moving scene:

Endless detail about moving. Just a lot of filler.

The suicide:

As frequently commented, an unnecessary and unlikely scenario. It hurt the overall story. Colleen was punished enough. She lost her husband, family, lover and was publicly embarrassed. No more bad karma was necessary.

Indeed suicide can be the ultimate revenge. Walt and Kathy will have to live with the guilt that they were complicit in driving Colleen to despair. They knew Colleen's affair would eventually be discovered. Walt made it clear that public disclosure of the affair would result in divorce. Apparently he wanted it to be discovered so he could walk away from Colleen without remorse while she was devastated. Walt's a pretty evil guy when you get right down to it. Can he live with the guilt that he drove a woman to suicide who gave him children, was faithful for 20+ years, and loved him so much that she literally couldn't live without him? I think Walt got fucked permanently.

argeelogargeelogabout 6 years ago
The best

Of hundreds of stories I have read on this site, this one is THE best. 5+++ stars! I wish you could teach other writers to cover all the details like you did, including her apology at the end. Thank you and please carry on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
over the top.

Colleen's suicide ruined a good story. 5 1/2 pages of good, actually GREAT, reading were destroyed in the last 1/2 page. Even though she was the first to cheat, their daughter will always remember that HE drove her to kill herself. You had a couple of technical errors here and there, but nothing to take away from reading. Great work, just a ruined end. Letdown was so bad, I never scored it.. sorry.... ROBT.

desertdog43desertdog43almost 6 years ago
Just a little fling

What'll it hurt ????

mark73107mark73107almost 6 years ago
Why?

A fantastic story! I thoroughly enjoyed your story, but Colleen did not need to die.

She showed no signs of depression. There was no over the top behavior.

It should have ended with a goodbye note not a suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Suicide pretty irrelevant

Great but unbelievable story line with some over the top characters.

The suicide didn’t change the basic thrust of the story. In fact it just enhanced ‘the monster’ that was Walt. Once Colleen cheated he was done with her, so what difference does make how she chooses to live her life?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well now,,

So Kathy told her dad she played no part in the destruction of Walt’s marriage. Right. Actually I believe she played as big a part in its destruction as Colleen did. She was the one blowing smoke up Walt’s ass about how the rules of marriage can be changed, and how she was there for him when he changed them. She was the one who told him to call Colleen and tell her to keep screwing Stan so he could screw Kathy. What a self-serving manipulative bitch. This story just irritated me.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
No as good

This, to me, was not as good as your other work. To me, polygamy is a silly concept. Nesting partner, metamour, fluid bonding, the entire silly concept. Never an excuse for cheating. The Wife started it, and her senseless death ended it. They can never explain why they cheated. Just because, they say. Two concepts that I find despicable, no not a great story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not Really My Style

I guess if that polyarmoury stuff floats your boat, more power to you. But I don’t think I could get into it. I have a hard enough time with just one woman. And besides, what if it all goes sideways one day. Next thing you know it’s ‘polyangry’, and if you’re not careful it morphs right into ‘polyalimony’.No thanks, I’ll keep my one wife and hopefully more of my money. God, can you imagine paying alimony to two women at the same time? Of course since polyamory isn’t exactly legal for marrying purposes I guess it would be “palimony”. RIP, Lee Marvin.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Moronic Nonsense

The whole "polyamory" concept presented here is nonsense.

You can see that throughout the story from the beginning the writer and his main hero have vengeful undertone toward the character of "Coleen." That tells you enough what "polyamory" means to them - cheating and feeling of betrayal.

The main hero is a complete hypocrite and the writer is also a hypocrite who, of course, does not see how hypocritical he is. While acting completely immoral he starts to pontificate about some "rules" just to have an excuse to go vengeful against "Coleen." But it seems OK for him that "Kathy" could wait for him whenever he is free. The writer thinks "Kathy" can be a second fiddle for a while (maybe even for years) because the writer will make her longing and loving toward "Walt". Well, I have to burst your bubble - no real self-confident woman would accept the role of second fiddle, you can only dream about such woman and make literary characters according to your dream.

The "old game - new game" BS is just an excuse for promiscuity. Of course it cannot hold because there will be jealousy created by constant comparison. Every time there is a quarrel/conflict between two people (which is how real life goes on IF YOU DID NOT KNOW) there will be a third party getting in between. It is already difficult to negotiate conflicts between two people, you can only imagine how screwed that is with more than 2 people.

I had a relation with a woman who divorced her husband because he wanted to swing and was inducing her into that. She could not stand that and with me she did not want anything more than just to be with me. Eventually we split up for different reason but I got a taste how bitter is when swinging becomes unbearable to one party, given her experience. "Polyamory" is just embellished surrogate term for swinging. It works only while promiscuity does not intrude into a real life. As soon as emotions and personal conflicts come into the game, all of these promiscuous concepts fall apart like a card tower.

1 star for hypocrisy of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I dont understand in these cheating stories

Why when the cheaters are caught and their spouses are divorcing them, why don't they get together, after all they lied , snuck around just to fuck each other , now they could do it openly. And the silly bitch didn't have to kill herself. Its obvious she had strong feeling towards Stan, and not so much for her husband, that she was willing to sacrifice her marriage if caught. But really I just skimmed most every thing after I realized this was a shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Same Story

It's exactly the same as "She wanted to Cheat" but with a different ending. How is this an improvement?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
It STARTED good

Then just got stupid.

calibammacalibammaalmost 5 years ago
The Daughter

No mention of Colleen and dude daughter at the funeral

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A good alternate ending

I really like both stories, as I like most of your stuff. I thought this was a better and more realistic ending. I know you haven't written for a while but could you start again? you are one of my favourite authors

Thanks

Simon

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Good story she cheated caught and punished herself

Stan caught and punished

Warned but disregarded

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 4 years ago
Yeah, I just don't get it...

If she believed her husband - which she should have - about how there was almost a guarantee that they'd get caught, then why didn't she just break it off with Stan and try to find someone else that wasn't married or whose wife was OK with him fucking around...? Then she'd have had a much better chance of not embarrassing her husband.

And if she'd consider killing herself for the loss of a relationship with her husband, why would she be willing to risk her relationship with her husband...?

Just makes no sense to me...

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Karma

He got the good karma he deserved. Wife took the cowards way out; but did him a favor also...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Unbelievable!

His secretary suckers him into giving his wife (who truly loves him) a hall-pass so he can screw his secretary who also loves him! The wife was getting into a possible affair so she supposedly hadn’t screwed her lover yet! He lets his wife screw another man but he screws his secretary! He then falls out of love with his wife and in love with his secretary. His wife has second thoughts about her affair because she really loves her husband. Her husband divorces his wife and she can’t stand that so she commits suicide! This all happened because he took his secretary’s advice. Now his daughter will hate him for the rest of his life because she knows her father caused her mother’s suicide. This is not a very nice ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very Good way to deal with a cheat

Well His secretary was spot on in what she told him. How many I have heard and seen how women will cheat on their man but they don't want it done on them. This once happened to me for real when a barman and my wife started the kissing. Instead of breaking his neck I just went over to the Barmaid who had bean friendly with us and said come here! if they can do that so can we, I took her in my arms squeezed her bum tight against me and kissed her long and passionate.

You should have seen my wife move like lightning to grab me away from her, I looked her in the eyes and said anything you can do I can do better. She has never left my side since then for fear another woman will get her claws in me. So what Walt did was right If a partner truly love you they won't stray even if they are given the chance remember every thing we do is a choice that only each individual can make for themselves so women who say I am sorry I didn't know what I was doing are talking rubbish of course they knew they just didn't think they were going to get caught!!!

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 3 years ago
Blah.

The only reason I read this story was because I thought it might have a good ending. But it ended the way it started. All about him. If he was as good as the author tries to make him out to be. Why would the wife even be tempted? Answer me that one Mr. Author.

QuintiusQuintiusover 3 years ago
No one admirable here

In truth Kathy set this all up to her advantage and it worked out probably better than she ever expected it to. A real friend who cared about him would have urged him to stop Colleen before she actually fucked Stan, not played head games. Walt was also far too willing to go along with the plan and fuck Kathy. He should have been enraged that some fucking asshole wanted to screw his wife but the instant another pretty pussy was offered, he was OK "sharing". Colleen was far from a prize as well, instigating the cheating in the first place and then causing drama when she got buyer's remorse. In truth, had she truly loved Walt, as soon as he called her and told her his plan she should have come flying back home to put things right. She didn't, she just accepted that her "love" was going to fuck his PA and felt happy she'd get to try ole Stan's dick out.

Nobody in this was a good person. Hence, I didn't identify or empathize with anyone and didn't really care what happened in the end. Walt gets to screw around with his incredibly manipulative PA and sometimes her unrealistically open minded sister, Colleen ate concrete to death. Yaaay. Not a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh well . . .

That was just silly.

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

a great work of fiction.

Everyone cannot be happy all of the time.

You can't control the wind, so you adjust the sails.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Minor quibble, but real, if you're into authenticity: none one with American Indian heritage ever says they are "Native American". That's a stupid PC-term invented to assuage the fake, "white Indians", like Ward Churchill of Lizzie Warren. For, example, I say that I'm Cherokee, Choctaw with a smattering of Kiowa. Hell, a Native American is literally any born here, don't confuse them with American Indians.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

It’s hard to wrap my head around there concept of love, it sorta reminds me of the greek’s variation on the word love. Still I find it silly that the relationship that they have is so true and pure yet has to covered in lies. I’m talking about the polyamory and incest, but to each there own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Polyamory is gross as hell

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So continues the silly pseudo-intellectual nonsense. Fiction is not synonymous with fantasy. Shit story v2

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Yeah I know, karma and all that, but it seems like they set up Colleen to fail. She comes across as a weak person, and Kathy recognised that and jumped on the opportunity to get her to screw herself over. Probably didn't intend to drive her to suicide, but their smug behaviour after she was fucked doesn't do them any favours. Colleen ends up being more sympathetic than Walt and Kathy, who honestly act like assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Kinda far-fetched, but a good story. Flowed well and kept me entertained.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 2 years ago
Right.

Was rhis a fictionalizeb fantasy or what? I haven't read any of this authors stories and I don't know if he has any more. but if all his stories are like this one. He should start looking for another hobby and lerave writing to people that can think better.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

5***** But I have reservations. He isn't as blameless as he sets himself up to be. He knew it would end in divorce and I get that he wanted an exit that gave him some peace and support. Her suicide also is not his fault. However, there is a difference between divorce and a lack of compassion. He didn't need to accept her betrayal, but he could have sat down before it went too far and have the talk. He really used it as an excuse to get away without getting away.

StormAWStormAWover 2 years ago

What an incredibly shitty ending to what was an otherwise decent story. Walt decides the best course of action after his wife loses the lover he told her he was okay with was to divorce her? Why? Purely because of how he'd look? How utterly awful a person you'd have to be to care more about your ego than the person you profess to love.

Then, she kills herself. And he pretty much just shrugs and moves on? Is he a psychopath? No emotionally healthy person behaves like Walt does. What utter garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

disgusting

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What with you americans obsession with sex and cock size... no doubt you have the highest divorce rates in the world... for u guys love is secondary to sex... so everyone is shopping for better goods... sad. but there is one whole genration of single parent kids screwed up entirely for life never having know the combined love of both parents abd the stability of a stable loving family! A truely well fucked nation mentally...hence the lawyers, psyciatrists and sundry seem to be the only people making money!

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

I'm afraid I'll have to get on my bicycle and pedal my ass out of here with this sad little tale. He was the one most responsible for what happened in this story and would have to carry the blame for Colleen's death. His actions are as bad as if you laced treats with rat poison and lured Lassie into eating them. No love here folks .....

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

I only gave you four stars for this one would have been five but colleen didnt need to die !

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

after I left quick comment abot colleen dieing I went back and read some otherr comments . I may not live a great life but I do the best I can with it yes there are alot of people out there that suck . some of them telling you one thing and doing another . making promises that never come true . Its' no reason to end life . for myself I have been on oxgene for the 18 years they cant do lung transplant from asbesstos poisoning from when I was a kid . wass told years ago ony had a short time left . not for me I love being a pain in the ass to my family too much to go any where . there are optins other than suicide ! love you all

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Garbage, just terrible all around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I gave this only 1 star because I felt the entire premise of new rules shit & that hubby is OK with his wife fucking another guy so he can do likewise to his secretary is both ludicrous & humanly degrading. At least to me. While some couples may go for swinging & the like, it's done with the OK of both parties. Here, Colleen & Stan went behind his back... for a year. Even if only texting/ emailing, the thought & drive was there.

I became sickened with this story & started skipping parts of pages, winding up skipping pages. I don't know why Colleen killed herself & got lost with the other women except for Kathy; perhaps if I read page by page, I wouldn't have. But as I wrote, this story started sickening me, & again, these "new rules" are the same as "hall passes" &, in fact, this story: just a pile of BS. Again, 1 star, --Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A lot of comments seem to call our main guy here either a sociopathic asshole, or just a regular asshole.

I disagree with both counts. He had a massive shit taken on him. His wife, his friend, his faithful love had been having an emotional affair with someone for a little over a year. That's a long drawn out betrayal. And she was taking her affair further and further, even if slowly. If she wasn't fucking her lover this work trip, it would likely be the next. Hand holding, heavy petting, and kissing in a very public place. That's not a loving marriage. That's a divorce waiting to happen.

What's a guy to do? Hell, remove the fact that he's a guy...what's a spouse to do? Divorce would be the most likely option. It would take a lot of unearned trust and kindness to confront the cheater and give them a one-and-only-one more chance. Before he can truly process this shit, in walks Kathy with a plan to take him. And he's an emotional mess. She offers him a way to save what is left of his ego, save what is left of his marriage, and maybe find some happiness after the massive shit his wife took on him. He's a man drowning in emotions and confusion, of course he takes Kathy's hand. I have trouble seeing a better option than Kathy's with a sober mind, and time to digest it all. Some comments call his threat childish, mean, and a promise to divorce his stupid wife. But what choice did he have? Everyone believes they are in a monogamous relationship. Men can't handle that level of humiliation. Women have the power of sex, and men have the power of relationships. Any woman can get fucked, but few can get a relationship. Any man can work to get a relationship, but few get lots of sex. His wife betrayed him, using her strengths, and his weaknesses....all for some excitement.

Coleen was lucky as hell she got that ultimatum thrown her way. It wasn't a free pass, it was a fucking life preserver. She had options. Force her lover to tell his wife. Dump his ass, and find a more discreet lover...maybe one her husband actually likes that didn't seduce his very married wife. She could even stop her affair, and renegotiate the rules with her husband to haggle his ultimatum. Maybe...AFTER dumping lover boy....she slowly talks out a way to introduce their new poly life style to friends and family. It would take ALL the sting out, let her man have some power back....and then and only then might he be willing to make their new rules open and not a secret.

He didn't have a choice but to adapt to Coleen's new rules. So he did, but he issued the threat to take the sting outta the betrayal...because that is what it was. She wasn't punished, there HAD to be a hard line drawn SOMEWHERE. If Coleen was serious about loving him, she'd have renegotiated his terms at a later date....or followed the new rules. She already broke the old rules. Proving her love to him meant AT LEAST obeying the new ones.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

4 stars - however much I dislike violence in any form - this skanky slut committing suicide just feels right.

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

Sad! No justice in burning Colleen when Kathy and big daddy are worse than she was. Just can't see any way to approve this'un ......

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

Marriag to me means one man one woman and keeping your vows anything else and you are nothing but fuck buddies

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He gave her approval and then played as he was perfect - What an a...hole

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this story. I thought it well written.

IMO: I think marriage is between one man and one woman for life.

But facts are, other lifestyles are out there, as is polyamory.

What works for some, doesn't for others.

Different strokes, for different folks, as they used to say...

Think its probably time we gave people in other lifestyles that are not harming anyone else, more acceptance and peace and quiet...

I just thought this was good writing author!

Thanks for expanding our life view point a little with this story, and explaining through the characters and plot here, why some folks live differently than the norm!

I thought reading what happened to Colleen and Stan, after they were warned Stan had best tell his wife, sooner than later, even if she divorced Stan, maybe she wouldn't go nuclear on him.

But the stubborn, stupid shit was afraid and didn't tell her anything, until she found them out and caught them in bed cheating! Then Stan's wife nuked him by making him pay her price! He lost everything!

Like another recent comment here, I thought Colleens end at her own hand, was fitting for her, since her lies and deceptions covering her cheating, is what set all that came later, into motion. She was the one that wouldn't stop cheating, once she knew her husband knew all about her affair...

After reading this, and appreciating a good story, I'm going to read some of your other stories! Thanks again for a very good story, author! 5 stars!

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Until the suicide I had it rated at 4, maybe 5. That was coldly done.

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

Not for me⭐️⭐️

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

I'm not a big fan of the ending - The reset was 5*.

Colleen taking the 'easy way out' was an act of a coward. No thought to her family, just about herself. Sad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Noooooo... awful ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sad story, in the beginning the author talks about rules being changed with no input from the partner. Pretty much saying that the vows said at the wedding don't count because...

The author doest care about vows a marriage nothing. Why get married, and why justify pissing on marriage.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

@accelar - Coleen was a selfish bitch without a thought to her family when she planned to cheat for a year. Then when she cheated with a married man. Don't see why anyone would be surprised that the pattern continued. The only reason I wasn't happily dancing when she offed herself, is the negative effect on main character's kid and himself.

@usaret - she took a coward's way out. It wasn't a BTB (you can check the story again for yourself, the main character didn't want her to die and was sad). But, it fit her prior choices, a selfish last act. You're criticizing the story for the wrong thing.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

5 stars. I didn't quite like the fact that he continued to love the lying cheating bitch, DESPITE her lying and being ready to cheat on him (the fact that he gave her a free pass doesn't negate her intent to cheat, executed in cold blood over a whole year). But the "best revenge is living well" ending for main character, coupled with the most reasonable explanation of polyamory I have seen in a long while in LE stories, more than makes up for this.

My other minor quibble was that he didn't tell the daughter why he was divorcing - but I'm giving the author a free pass by deciding in my head that it was so he could have more pressure/blackmail material on the ex (if you don't follow what I need, I tell our daughter - WITH pictures. Alternatelu, maybe his plan was a bit more calm but no less effective: If the ex lied to her, he would show her pictures and she'll dislike the ex for lying too, not just cheating; if she told the child the truth, he doesn't get to look like the bad guy for snitching on the ex).

vanyevanye9 months ago

It's sad that Colleen felt the need to kill herself. I wonder how the conversation with Willow went, after she found out her mom killed herself. Did she blame her dad for her mom's death? After all, if they hadn't gotten to the point of divorce, she wouldn't have killed herself. I don't feel sorry for Stan. He gets to live with the guilt of causing somebody's death, because he couldn't be honest. Great story.

vanyevanye8 months ago

Also, on a reread, Walt was an asshole. He didn't need the divorce her. He wouldn't have been a cuck. He and Colleen had redefined their relationship, and could tell anyone who had a problem with their relationship to fuck off.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

No

Quit reading when deal came into the narrative

Wedding vows have no time limit

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sometimes there's order in the universe. Coleen was "very wet" when contemplating being with the other cheater. She exhibited the need for strange but when the tables are turned and Stan is getting a divorce she didn't see any potential in a relationship with him? Sometimes the cake is stale and eating it is not in the cards. As for the story, I liked its flow except it was hard to understand the husbands move,,, The why especially.... No detail on Coleen to sink your teeth into the character.

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

As a written story it's a good one, from my perspective I don't like the idea of sharing it the way you wrote it, yes lots start doing this, lots of folks think it's easy to love more than one and life just goes on, but in the real world jealousy creeps in from one or the other, sides get picked someone is left out someone wants more and its not long before it goes to pot, what starts out as a loving, caring home breaks down and hell takes over.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy594 months ago

Wow, suicide. I partially understand her grief and guilt but wow.

Not the choice I would make in her shoes. I think it reveals a very

important aspect of Colleen's character. Still, this is a superbly crafted

and paced story. The plot is plausible and I certainly connected

with all the characters as you wrote them. Well done.

All the best,

Dave

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

great story, so many interesting characters. sort of wish Coleen didn't opt for the suicide route, makes her a rather weak person.

OlefishermanOlefisherman3 months ago

What a bunch of screwed up people just can't wait to stick something where it doesn't belong, or have something stuck where it doesn't belong. I read these stories for entertainment but I think I am as screwed up as the people that write them. I wonder if we could get a group rate with a good shrink?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Awful. Bizarro world. She was a cheater but so broken up by his leaving that she committed suicide? Makes no sense.

His phone call with his daughter was completely lacking in empathy or emotion.

And… Kathy and Jenna are sisters??? WTAF?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 month ago

Really ZERO point to this. Were you drunk when you wrote it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The whole premise at the beginning about changing the rules was bullshit b/c she unilaterally changed the rules to prove that she is untrustworthy and doesn't respect herself or him. That alone was time for a divorce, not some game. Besides, who wants to be in a relationship that is about the rules of a game.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous