All Comments on 'Cheating May Not Work Out'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 185 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
The easiest to read...

Thanks for a well written different take!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Did we see this one before?

It is very familiar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
curious

I seem to recall reading this story before only it ended with Coleen joining Walt and 4 or 5 other 'wives' in a polyamorous household.

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!

I Liked this ending better than original! Both stories push the envelope of credibility, but delivery was very smooth and credible. Plus it was a totally different "take" on a cheating wife story. I enjoy seeing the cheating 'ho get her just deserts, although suicide and death is a bit of overkill. Good wins out, with Walt retaining his balls and his dignity. Well said, well read.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Couldn't finish

I couldn't finish reading this story. The new rules are just too unbelievable.

norwendornorwendorover 12 years ago

as always a pleasure to read your works :)

keep'em coming

labigqlabigqover 12 years ago
Hmmm

Strange story. Walt sure turned the (love) off quick for Collene when she got caught. So what, huh...it was nothing but a GAME! :-(

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
foolish

Very foolish story, no love just plain foolishness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Not worth a read.

Writer, you should not have bothered a second time....

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
booooooooooooooooooring!!!

I gave up...way too wordy...I read the first 2-3 pages and got lost in all the charcters...sorry...just poorly written...too lengthy with nothing happening...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
if you havent walked in my shoes

very well done, better than what my real story is. The open love is there and know or not usually there are people on the outside looking in that do love you. The woman, exwife, had mental problems, actually to many of them. It was a good well written story and very close to reality for some. And he didnt suddenly stop loving her that began with the first phone call about her on a date.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 12 years ago
Thought Provoking

Well written story, perhaps a little wordy but extremely enjoyable. Makes you think "what if". Sad ending, perhaps but a very plausable ending as far as Colleen was concerned. Makes one ask what Colleen was thinking and why she made the cheating and suicide choices however. Somewhat unrealistic as far as Kathy and Jenna were concerned but it did make one dream about that type of relationship. I could feel how special Kathy and Jenna were. All in all an extremely enjoyable read.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 12 years ago
Good writing

Too long, but well written. When Walt sprung the new rules on his wife, I thought it was a ploy on Walt's part, you know, here's the consequence of cheating. Having bisexual Kathy at his beck and and call, willing to share him seemed too contrived, but it did suggest that maybe they could all fuck one another happily ever after.

I missed how Stan's wife found out about them, but I think Walt ratted Stan out so he could crush his wife. It was a such a complete turnaround from I'm OK with you fucking around to 'burn you bitch'. A kind man would have dumped her gently, but Walt chose to grind her face in it. Those were crocodile tears when he read her suicide letter.

I feel sorry for anyone else who marries him.

oddonexoddonexover 12 years ago
IT IS YOUR STORY

Once again I have read your story and for the most part I liked it. I may not like parts of it, but it is your story not mine. I will continue reading your stories because I like your stories. Keep them coming.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 12 years ago
Quite a different spin

I have read both stories and this is quite a different take on it. I really enjoyed both and I believe that it was very well written and told. I do wonder what Colleen was thinking or if she thought about what this would do to her daughter, but this is just a story. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
you roll the dice, you pay the price

Colleen played, rolled snake eyes, and when she lost she paid dearly for it. She lost everything she had to live for. Wish I could say I sympathise, but I can't.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
To me: Getting married means you should not ever have to use rubbers !

But that's me and " my reality". I get the concept of polyamory. Forgiving one woman's peccadilloes and power plays is strain enough for me thank you. One moment he's telling Colleen he ' loves' her. In a day or two suddenly he cuts ties with her forever. The upshot of this is that she commits suicide ( tres convenient') in all probability this was a unstable woman and expecting her to master the precepts of polyamory is akin to letting 6 yeR old have the keys to a bulldozer.

Love is ever a elastic concept but in this story : it's virtual taffy. The author is very skilled regardless and this is a grade A recruiting ploy. I assume Scorpio is looking for lovely and mentally stable women however and not his fellow males who he might have to lock horns with. Uhh good luck with that though ultimately I believe we get the love and the government we deserve,

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

I do not like the suicide in a story, I wrote to StangStar06 many times as well.

It does not solve anything and the survivors forget almost everything some years later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Psychobabble

"Close your eyes. Feel her energy, her warmth and the tension in her."

Horse manure!

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Not enough emotions

Were was the love for his wife gone so suddenly? He let her slip away easily. He did nod shed many tears after her suicide. From my POV the writing seemed too sterile, too analytical.

The "Kathy/Jenna love him both"-angle was not from real life.

But despite of that all: 4*

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Great!

Convoluted, in many respects. Full of unforeseen twists and turns, in many ways. Most certainly, unique.

Good work! (It sent me down "memory trail" multiple times.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
edit

stop editing stories months after written,if it won't stand 1st time don't publish it. Rewrites happen before you publish.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Still love this story

I know it's like a broken record each time i read this puppy but the suicide was counter productive and didn't really have any added value to the story. You see you compltely ignored the mother daughter dynamic you touch on early in the story. Mother suicide due to a love gone bad trumping a mother daughter love? A stretch. You have a nack for dialog MORE PLEASE!

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
BORING!!!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! Thanks for trying.

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
Yes !!

Much preferred this ending - far better !!

Excellent story Scorpio - as usual - Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Someone Ought To Tell Duna

that in real life there are suicides. If you are going to read a piece of fiction, you ought to be ablt to accept that as a part of the story. And as for you, Scorp, here is a second rewrite for this story which doesn't include polyamory, so you wouldn't be capable of writing it. After setting the Company PI in motion, Walt calls Colleen and says, "You've been seen in public in a compromising situation with Stan which indicates you might be considering having sexual relations with him. Hopefully, it hasn't occurred, and before it does I would ask you to step back and think about our 28 (30, whatever) years of marriage and to remember one by one, individually, the 40 pictures on our living room wall, what was happening in our life as a family at the time they were taken and what they have meant to us through the years. If you do complete your liason with Stan, don't come home, the locks will be changed before get here."

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Second version brings my concerns with both versions to the fore

When I read the first version, I was disappointed with the "harem" conclusion - too much boy-wish-fullfillment.

When I read the second version, I was struck by the selfishness of the wife character - with a child to consider, even if at college, suicide is way too self centered.

Which made the male character seem quite self centered as well, especially in the first version. And then there is the manipulativeness of the girlfriend character... having Karen walk into Colleens destruction was unkind. Being chased out of the house by Walt and Karen probably triggered the suicide.

This doesn't sell poly very well... but maybe that was not the goal of the author. The house of women in the first version seemed sweet and idealistic, if not something I've seen that often (lesbian communes exist - I don't get invited).

In terms of characters to identify with, the first is a bit better. The second ignores Willow, does not follow the Colleen character into suicidal depression, loses sympathy for Walt... I'm not sure the authors point in the rewrite, so I don't know if it is what he was trying for. The second feels more lifelike, if that is necessarily a virtue in a story.

Green-something

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Not Bad

It was a decent rewrite of the original, however, I have to agree with SKHP about it being too sterile. The characters emotions lacked luster and any real sense of depth.

Otherwise, the rest is very good, Scorpio44a. Keep it up.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Better

This was a little more realistic. Women do wait in the shadows hoping for something bad to happen. Sometimes they cause it to further their agenda. It has been my experience that women do not really like other women, especially if a man is involved. Competition for the seed. I still think they will claw each others eyes out. You have to wonder at which point the wife decided to end it. Was it the last phone call? Was it seconds before she jerked the wheel? One thing is for sure and for certain, you never know what someone else is thinking.

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersover 12 years ago
Yes, but...

I've read many of your stories, and what strikes me most often is that your male characters, for the most part, live in a world where they have few emotions. Fortunately, the real world isn't like that.

Your hero walks away from his wife of many years, who he says he loves, saying. "You didn't do as I said... You're gone." Real people can't do that, at least in my world. There are too many ties for two people to be broken apart that way.

I'd really like to see this story rewritten one more time, but with considerably more emotional distress on the husbands part. Make it end in the same way if you wish, but make it real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
what happened to willow

he called his boss,but not his daughter about wifes death.he went to the funeral with his girlfriends.where was willow?

DrallDrallover 12 years ago
Just Fine!

Thank you! This is one of the top ten stories I've read on this site( out of hundreds). It also is a new window for me on relationships.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 12 years ago
Sci-Fi?

These weren't real people, like any people I know. This story should have been in the Sci-Fi category. Because I don't look there, I would not have wasted my time reading it.

Scorpio44a has written some mighty good stories. This is not one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Someone weep for Willow.

Great - and I mean great - story. I felt badly at the end because Willow was neglected. Surely she was shattered over the loss of her mother. If you ever do a rewrite, it would raise my own personal rating of your story to a Five if you'd consider her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Walt is responsible for this whole mess!

Colleen had been flirting around with the idea of fucking Stan for a year but she did not act on it until Walt gave her a damned if you do damned if you do not agreement. Since she was busted she had no room to discuss the matter rationally. She knew that Walt was going to be with Kathy once he set up this new game (at Kathy's direction). Regardless whether she fucked Stan or not her marriage was toast. She decides to spend her time away fucking Stan. When she got back and found out that Walt was cool with her fucking Stan she was like a kid with a new toy. So when Stan's wife caught them did Walt offer any support? No- he was more concerned with dumping her rather than be embarrassed. Embarrassed? A older man fucking his personal assistant who is in an incestuous relationship with her sister! So Walt leaves her because her lover gets careless and his wife catches them. Now what do she do? Her lover leaves her to try to reconcile with is wife and her husband left her to be with a younger woman. Since she feel responsible for everything and she does not want to be alone her suicide make sense. If Walt had waited to divorce her when she returned and not played these mind games chances are she would have a chance to adapt to the new reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Silly and unemotional

I normally like a good torch the bitch story but this was silly. There were no realistic human emotions here. The woman is cheating, happy that she can continue, then kills herself. The guy just happens to find out his wife is cheating, falls into a relationship with two nymphos, and divorces his wife for cheating because she got caught. Otherwise it was fine. Just really bizarre.

rlg99prlg99pover 12 years ago
Walt was No Better

All these people bitching about Colleen when the very first day Walt was having sex with Kathy, Sorry this ending just does not cut it. They were both cheaters.

Fiend6609Fiend6609over 12 years ago

Colleen may not have been physically cheating yet but she was cheating on Walt. She was lying, planning and hiding things. She slept with her boyfriend before she called back Walt to agree or disagree with the new arrangement, She was being publicly affectionate with a married man who was not her husband before Walt found out. So Walt stacked the deck in his favor to keep from being humiliated but Colleen started everything...all Walt did was give it a name and try to make it honest instead of letting Collen screw around on him behind his back. Walt didn't do anything wrong...he tried to let his wife have her cake and eat it too while keeping his balls and dignity intact. It would have been nice if Stan had gotten some pain instead of just a divorce and a new apartment since really the onus of most of what happened was his fault for lying to his wife and cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
confused

this writer had me confused last two chapters, never knew who he was talking about, changing character mid paragraph, even mid sentence. i finally just skipped to end of story to see how it ended, still only gave it a 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Too long, too confusing and too many changes

In the end, it was the same shit with a different title. It was so fucking boring and convoluted that I gave up caring. On the plus side, if you were trying to prove that Walt is a major douchbag, congrats, you succeeded. I want to punch his lights out just to knock some responsibility into his/your head.

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
A very good read !

I am not a profesional critic, i just know what i like to read. I thought this was a well written story. I am a great fan of scorpio44a's work and can't wait to see whats next.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I started the original

But I never finished it. It seemed like a silly dual infidelity story and frankly, they don't interest me as a personal preference.

The blurb that this one discussed how that situation WOULDN'T work out caught my attention and so I finished this story.

The prose wasn't bad. I'm not sure why some people found it convoluted. The thing which stood out the most to me from a style and pacing perspective was the enormous amount of time you spent with him just licking her in the first place and how in the last 5 paragraphs, it ended quickly and to my mind unsatisfyingly.

What I liked: I found the idea of 'changing the game' interesting. Did it make a lot of sense? Eh. Some people can do that, I suppose.

I liked the character of Kathy. She was straight forward and refreshing. She saw her chance and she took it, diving in with both feet for something important to her.

I liked how he discussed STDs and how complicated his wife had made their lives. That smacked of realism. What WOULD happen if Stan couldn't play? She started this whole mess! Life is messy and that was well said.

What I didn't like:

Two sisters, SISTERS, fucking lesbian style? And they both want to share the same man? REALLY? (I wish I could bold and underline that last word quite a bit). That critically broke my suspension of disbelief and after that I was gliding through the rest of the story just because. Maybe it seems hot to you, but you started this story as a realistic story and it went sideways (Maybe it's just my expectations which were odd) I can buy a whore wife who seems to love gangbangs with dozens of partners with 12 inch cocks because that is blatantly a fantasy scenario. I walked into this one with no such expectations, so it caught me off guard.

I didn't like the suicide.

Walt had all kinds of choices to not be a monster. For a guy who was transcending the bounds of monogamy, he certainly shut those two down pretty damned quickly and threw his supposedly loved wife to the wolves.

I don't disagree with WHY he did this. But it was based on a conventional morality that he pontificated at his wife about just a week or two before. He also didn't have a conversation with her. I certainly would have waited for Stan's wife to go public before I went nuclear...if I loved my wife.

Sorry to run long.

My critiques are personal preferences and in no way should be taken as a reflection on your story telling talents. Criticism is always easier then creation.

Keep writing

MinigalesMinigalesover 12 years ago
The Beginning Looked Familiar ...

I did not read it all yet, but it looked too suspicious to be original.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
Better I think

As I recall your original story ended up with Walt essentially being married to a commune of women each with major emotional problems that Walt's sex, love, hugs and kisses immdiately vanquished. That scenario was fun but a little much. Loving two sisters does sound more like a possible scenario.

I still can't see peanut butter on french toast though, and I love PB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
rushed ending ruined a decent story

Although i'll never really enjoy your anal retentive style.

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 12 years ago
Too long

I wouldn't have minded if the plot required the detail, but, for example, who cares how they dressed each time they got out of bed or what they had for breakfast?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DISTROY THIS VERISON

after reading both,the first one about 5 or 6 months ago. i found the first version far fetched (but hay what kind of site is this) and not believable but entertaining. the ending of this version sucks. no woman or man is worth a life. kick to curb ,embarrass or punish and forgive. her death was not necessary. for that and that alone i give you a 1 rating. i do hope your comments beat you to submission of a retraction of this mess.

tom

harristharristover 12 years ago
Alternate ending not an improvement

I much prefered the original. While the multiple relationships with Kathy's circle of friends seemed a little over the top, it was preferable to an apparently reasonable woman doing the suicide thing over her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
could it be more wimpier

more the wimpier... sadder the world be... and so your stories...

northlandernorthlanderover 12 years ago
Unemotional

Normally a fan of Scorpio but not this one. Walt wanted his cake and to eat it too. getting to screw all these young things and keep his wife as well. A much more believable reaction from a loving husband would be to get on the phone to tell her she was busted and try and stop the affair. Not your finest effort by a long way

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

what a heap of CRAP!!!! sorry I wasted my time

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Monster

I'm most disappointed by Walt's use of the 'old rule' vis being 'cuckolded.' By insisting he would turn into a 'monster' and that 'she made him do it,' he absolves himself from all responsibility. Is there a 'new rule' where he has K & J (he's not told Colleen about J) and that's ok, but once Stan's wife finds out, all bets are off? The only humiliation for Walt is inside his head. Along with his arrogance. Part of his 'occurring world.' Nice concept, btw.

And the daughter is not included in the funeral service? Consistent with not thinking about the impact on her of any and all of this. Lives can be messy, but generally I find something uplifting in your writing. Not so, this time.

- Rusalka

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This site needs negative stars

Nuffield said

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Okay then -

I am thrilled you are writing thank you sir -

I waited to comment until I started another new story - there were unexpected tones and attitude (to my mind anyway) in this rewrite and I wanted to wait to comment until I had a feel for whether they are from this story or maybe a change in you. I am still not sure which - "He planned a secret" has a similar harder feel to me so far.

I thoroughly enjoy your writings and consistently wish I was "The GUY" in them, in this story there is a harshness and anger satisfying tone I am not used to. I do not disagree with it at all (not that I presume to have the right to declare you right or wrong they are your stories) but I think I like the original better.

Not the writing quality I like your style - period. I like the "attitude" more and the outcome while a bit overly generous to Colleen was better than her committing suicide over the mess she and Stan made. Maybe I just do not need to make that angry part of me so happy these days and it is me changing heh .

I also liked the messages from the larger family in the original although you got to most of it here as well - the different personalities of the women seemed a better vehicle for teaching people to think a bit and not just cruise through the story line - maybe I am full 0f shit too and it is just what I saw, oh well.

I will, without doubt or reservation, read all you write to enjoy your wit and sense of life's possibilities.

Thanks very much for your time and effort -

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
The first one was better

This story was not as bulky as the first one. However, I was disturbed by how much darker this one was.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
I liked the story.

I can't help wondering what happened with the daughter?

jimh67jimh67over 12 years ago

So now Walt is going to call his daughter and tell her that her mother just killed herself, and oh, by the way, he just moved out of the house she grew up in and is now living with two women? Oh, yeah, and the moving out was why her mom killed herself. "When you come to town for mom's funeral, you'll be all right in that big house by yourself, won't you honey?""

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
CHEATING NEVER WORKS UNLESS

someone can take full advantage of it. TK U MLJ LV NV

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
I stumbled across this story

I was intrigued how he handled her affair. I reckon' whats good for the goose is good for the gander. LOL

Such a pity she didn't think it through, and ended up deep sixing herself, because of her 'desire' to be unfaithful. Good thing he had Kathy!!

Well written story, I will have to check out the 'long version' too.

Thank you!

IrfonIrfonabout 12 years ago
Good one !!

This story is by far the best of the two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

i dont remember reading that there would be a divorce if stan and wife got caught.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
This story is totally fucked up.

BetterEndingBetterEndingalmost 12 years ago
Not Quite

It appeared that you wanted us to believe that Walt really loved Colleen. Next time work harder. Walt jumped ship in a split second and never really looked back. He did it even knowing that Colleen had resisted her first chance. The few times you had him bringing forth tears did not change the obvious which was that he was more than happy to dump Colleen for the sisters.

Wonder what his daughter is going to think about his part in her mother's death...

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
JUST WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR A STRANGE PIECE?

Well I have gone through the whole story, and I can't imagine that many people being that stupid, might be I drank too much wine. But something ain't right, but my bottle is empty so I think i'll have another. Keep it up!!!!

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Not bad.

Ex should have lived though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I see why you felt the need to rewrite this story under the title "She Wanted to Cheat" - this is just total garbage. Unlike the the revision, in this story, Walt initiates the cheating, breaks his own rules by taking on a second lover without telling Colleen, breaks his own rules even further by being completely indiscreet in initiating an incestuous relationship that can get all three parties jailed, then goes on to piss and moan about being made a cuckold, which, in light of the fact that he's getting laid left and right when everyone's husband knows it, is pretty hypocritical. And then you went and turned Colleen into a suicidal nutcase for no apparent reason.

When he opens up the marriage and gets pissed off at and divorces his wife for not following rules that Walt refuses to follow himself, it makes Walt a huge douchebag.

'She Wanted to Cheat' is better, but it's confusing that in the revision you made her the cheater, but ultimately forgiven, accomplishing nothing but making Walt look like less of a douchebag.

HardFeltHardFeltover 11 years ago
Observations

I thought this was a well written story.

I do think that even fictional characters should have respect for living. Life is a rarity and a gift! It is too bad when real people do this to themselves let alone writing about fictional characters. Suicide is a crime against life.

The story does not deserve the extreme criticism generated by reviewers who do not have the intestinal fortitude to identify themselves.

Cheaters are losers to begin with and I like authors that take the time to convey this concept. Too bad too many reviewers are not aware of the word pictures expertise it takes to create something as good as this out of ..... nothing!

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
Faulty Premise

For all Walt's high sounding morality and talk of polyamory, he seems worse than Coleen. He knew about the growing relationship before it had reached the point of no return. He could have given Coleen a straight alternative - break it off with Stan or break the marriage. His readiness to hop into bed with Kathy and start a new relationship and then with Jenna speaks little of his morals. he is as big a cheat as his wife.

HHCongerHHCongerover 11 years ago
GREAT STORY

Your writing gets better with each one

NicoleAlldredgeNicoleAlldredgeabout 11 years ago
I preferred the original

I found your original version of this story "She wanted to cheat" posted on 2/6/11 to be far superior to this rewrite. With this rewrite I lost the connection to Walt as he seemed to be nothing more than a mass of walking contradictions and hypocrisy.

I also found your choice to make Colleen a pathetic suicidal statistic in the end to be a complete let down as if it was just a quick way to end the rewrite. You should have left the original story alone as this rewrite in no way improves the story one iota.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Colleen's death was

A cheap plot device and convenient. A man could have photos of his wife screwing the California National Guard and he would still get raped in a California divorce court. He gave her permission to sleep with this guy and was sleeping with his secretary he would be lucky to walk away with his balls.

No one in this story was worth giving a damn about.

You really disappointed with this one.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

good story and walt did not do anything until his wife did. and if you have to tell your wife no after you are married you have already lost her.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
I Prefer This Version

The ultimate revenge. Colleen's affair was caught by her lover's wife and ended. She didn't like sharing so she killed herself. Fuck her. Shouldn't have cheated in the first place.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
A stupid story...

... that only got more and more stupid as it drug on, page after page. I know, I was stupid to keep reading. Guilty as charged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Every Wife Should Get

Every wife should get 20 or 30 free passes. My wife gave me over 50.

Where is the love? Why is one series of stupidities a death sentence?

Walt is one cold hearted b'tard.

I have remained friends with all my old girlfriends. Even introduced the wife to a few. One became a long term friend for her until the girlfriend married a jealous boyfriend. He never did like me. But I was about 1/2 foot taller than he was. Some guys are so insecure. The wife and I are still together after 40 years.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I believe that I read this same story only it was longer and had a different ending.

I liked it better. Although this one was not too bad. Served her right for being a stupid fool. She had the best of both worlds and fucked it up.

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago
loved the theme...

for which the story goes into my favourites. Also loved the "rules of the game" part. But the whole writing, especially Jenna's introduction into the trio could have been improved.....

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago

Didn't like this story. It didn't do it for me at all. Too much Jerry Springer and not enough real emotion.

green117green117over 10 years ago
darker seemed more credible

The original version, with harem, seemed... too cute.

This one, with suicide, seems... too cold.

The first had more development of the post-poly Walt-Colleen marriage, which sells Walts' poly decision better, in my flawed memory.

Still, a worthwhile story. Anger seems more evident in this one, which is a good thing to work out.

The "reality", whatever that is, is probably to be found in-between - Colleen lives and is self-righteous and annoyed, Walt is really pissed off and is self-righteous, the new relationship(s) are flawed due to the drama that led to them...

Green-something

(in terms of the Loving Wives cliches - having the second chance woman even before the marriage craters is a neat trick!)

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
Some Improvement but some backsliding!

I am not into suicide. Life is a gift and in general an emotionally balanced individual should be able to overcome tragedy enough to find a reason for living, including giving to the less fortunate, making new friends, learning new things and just having some fun! Life is like a hand of cards, to be played until the next hand is dealt.

In the revised version of this tale, I liked the more simple after divorce life rather than the harem and commune accumulation. Too many people in the commune with no room for developing individual rewarding relationships. But thanks for sharing your revised story, Scorpio44a, Dan. 3 stars!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Didn't do it for me

Kept waiting for the host, cameraman, soundman and grip to appear.

Never been a fan of those shows.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Monogamy is the saddest gamy

Possessive jealousy always leads to sad endings. There should have been room enough for Colleen to enjoy occasional flings.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 10 years ago
Sad Ass

The anonymouse who thinks there is something wrong with monogamy is one ass wipe twisted piece of shit!

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
Only this

1. I am not tired to explain the most important role of monogamy is the SAVE BACKGROUND FOR RAISING UP THE KIDS!!!!

2. The second role of the save sex provider for two people to avoid STDs, abusive violent lovers, prostitutes, etc...

3. To provide an constant alliance against problems..........for example unexpected accident, illness, lonelliness and anything.............

If somebody wants kids and poligamy that human should have any havaria plan for pedophil lover(s) case.............

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Jump the shark moment

The tagline was the clue that Colleen was going to screw up even with the new rules. The poly household/harem was an unecessary plot complication and distraction.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
I need to start looking for my votes before I start reading!

I realized, at the beginning, that I had read this before. I checked the votes and none were yellow so I cheated and read part of the last page. I did not recognize it. I would have bet he wound up living with 8-9 women, including Colleen. So I read the entire story again. Still 5 stars, BUT Walt would not have been married to such a dumb/weak woman (Colleen) who would have killed herself over this mess. She would have survived.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5* Crazy story , but i enjoyed reading it

idk if is just me , but ALL the main protagonists in this story seem to be TOTALY NUTS.

story should come with a health warning

" do not read while under the influence of psychedelic stimulants "

p.s

have to wonder what the Author was influenced by while writing this story.

xxxhugsxxx

TwistedOliver

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 9 years ago
Struggled with this one

Did he really love her or was he looking for an excuse to leave.

It seems he was pretty ready to jump ship once she was caught. No waiting to see if Stan had a quiet divorce or even if Colleen was named just bitch slapped her.

Not the actions of one who 24 hours earlier had professed monogamy and love. Mind you he loves someone he met 24 hrs earlirr (Jenna) so maybe he doesn't know the meaning of the word

Im sure some will disagree and say she had it coming but pretty big flip in my book and not at all cut up by her suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

I think in life the husband could not recover that fast. But a new girl can do wodners for a guys mental helath.

His wife had already thrown the marriage away starting her affair.

Their circumstances were completely different. He was seeing single women in their home.

She was cheating with a married guy and trying to hide it. That never works out well.

Also even if she was never caught with him, their divorce was a foregone conclusion once he started having the full attention of a girl(s) that loved him and wanted him.

Guys are just made that way, a dedicated girl will always win out over one that divides her time between guys. Do divorce was a given the minute the wife accepted the new lifestyle her husband offered. Only a fool could not ahve seen it.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
What a Story!

One of the best on this site. I really enjoyed how he changed the rules of the game when he caught her starting an affair. I don't know if the sister was necessary to the plot, she actually took something away from a very good story. Maybe made it a little to unrealistic. This was very imaginative. I thought he was going to turn into a wimp and almost quit reading. (Am I glad that I kept reading.) Again, a great story and thank you.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
What they seem to forget

The results of divorce are rarely an improvement over what they had before. Except for the very wealthy, most people take a huge hit to their financial health. Often a couple splits and goes from living in their own decent home to two separate crummy apartments. Both have to work that much harder to survive without the other. Kind of seems like common sense when you think about it after the fact.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE SORRY

they mean it and show it. TK U MLJ LV NV

javmor79javmor79about 9 years ago
Another one...

Another unrealistic story where the husband lives the life of Hugh Heffner and the wife gets a WAY over the top ending of justice. Sigh. Oh well...1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
just a note

Something I don't understand, If you don't like the story why did you finish reading it?

Something that puzzles me, if you are going to chop a story why do you hide behind Anonymous? If you are sincere in your feelings identify who you are and specifically what you didn't like

me and login are not communicating well--am auhunter04

gara5289gara5289almost 9 years ago

Suicide after cheating always leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. She has a daughter of at least college age who she literally just abandoned in a horrible decision following a series of even worse decisions. Took the path of least resistance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Bad ending

Why couldn't the wife be included in the polyamorous group? It's obvious that he did still love her.

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
Kinda agree

With the annoy directly below. I think everyone hopes the destroyed will end up with a harem. Her suicide fit this story though. She destroyed it all, she couldn't handle it. Sad, but believable.

jimbo103jimbo103over 8 years ago
Re:auhunter06

the strongest ppl feel to comment when they hate the story, so thats a good reason to finish a story you may hate, secondly these anons(only crap sayers) are ppl just like you & me (i bet a bit dim witted & scatter brained).

we all make mistakes, to some this is a porn site, to me it has shown me a different world view, when i read a story its not to get my joilles, i feel as if am having a very personal dialogue (though one sided) with the author, where he/she shares a very hidden intimate knowledge between the lines with me, that can never be taught or learnt, it can only be experienced, this story represents a classical example of one in a million yet it is one(technically possible), the story revealed the nature of polyamoury through the eyes of innocence, kathy was in love with a man she could not be with yet she did not force her desires, walt, poor soul, just wanted to love with all his heart, even though the utter betrayal would crush any love, he let go of fear just like a child when you ask then to trust you & come to you & they come leaping with joy, you see for us all we are shocked when we read such stories, yet we read them, i believe it is because we understand our ingrained morals take away the ability to obtain tools/devices/methods to have fulfilling lives, & here we seek answers to make our transition more agreeable. i may be a piece of sh*t, but i may also be wrong.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
For Anon @ 07/20/15

"Why couldn't the wife be included in the polyamorous group?"

Because she hadn't really bought into the idea. Married with a mistress is the old fashion way and as long as she got to have her cake and eat it too she didn't mind her husband doing the same.

Instead she lost her security, likely lost her outside lover and felt like she'd lost her long time partner too. Add that to already feeling bad about "cheating" (since she hadn't planned to tell hubby about getting some strange) and it isn't hard to see how depression might lead to a bad choice. I doubt she wanted to explain to her kids or her parents why the divorce was happening. She could even justify taking the easy way out as being generous to her husband. And if she could believe she died still his wife she could imagine she got to hang onto a piece of him and their original relationship that way.

It's really unlikely she'd have gotten along with her ex's new lovers anyway...

MartyMBMartyMBover 8 years ago
Very contrived for my taste

Let's just start with a new belief system that happens to allow Walt to have multiple lovers. Add in his secretary who just happens to have a sister that believes the same thing. And then have a adulterous wife that also agrees with said attitudes.....

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous