Check, Mate Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That'll be all, James. I'll call when I need you again."

"Of course, Your Highness."

*************

The dragon flew through the sky, laying waste to the stone structures. Its infernal roar pierced through the army of knights, followed by a pillar of fire cutting through their ranks, melting their armor and scorching their flesh. Horrifying screams of agony were cut off by a roar, predicting another deadly storm of fire and sulfur.

However, Mike was too fixated on his own thoughts to notice anything that was happening on the TV screen. His day had started out like any other; his daily schedule dancing around the maypole that was his chemistry studies. But that one moment, that one short event that stood out amongst other daily occurrences. The woman she had met, Kate, and how her smile had burned an image on his mind. Mike shook the thoughts off and tried to once again concentrate on the TV show. He still couldn't shake off the feeling that he'd run into her again in the near-future.

Like any responsible boyfriend, he had of course thrown away the number he had received. It was a nice gesture, sure, and a girl like her giving her number to him without asking was flattering to say the least. But he thought about his girlfriend, her smile, her scent, her laughter that sounded like harebell in a summer breeze. He was proud of himself that he was able to reject such a good-looking girl right away, not many a boyfriend could be so determined. But he was.

He stood up and walked over to his fridge. He opened it and grabbed a yoghurt off the top shelf. After shaking it vigorously he popped it open and took a sip. Mike looked around his apartment, which didn't look too different from those of the on-campus dormitory. He had the pleasure to live alone off-campus, with no troublesome roommates to worry about. He had come from a moderately wealthy family with wise real estate investments, so his family had more than enough to rent him an average-size single apartment near the university. He looked at the vintage railway station clock on the wall; it was just past midnight.

The shower was smooth and warm, inviting really. Mike squeezed out a dollop of shampoo and tried to tame his hair, a futile effort. As he scrubbed himself he once more thought about Kate. A picture of her smile flashed through his mind. Those soft, red lips. And those brown, bright eyes. And those big tits, the sway of her hips as she walked away— no! Mike snapped out of his thoughts and almost dropped his shampoo bottle off the shelf. What was he doing?

He put away his toothbrush and turned the bathroom lights off. He jumped on his bed and dug his way under covers. Mike closed his eyes, but didn't feel like sleeping. He tried picturing his girlfriend. Her blue eyes, her cute, little nose, her blonde hair, her laughter— wait a minute, her hair is dark brown like his.

He thought about his girlfriend. Sure, she wasn't as gorgeous as Kate, but she was the sweetest girl he had met. He enjoyed spending time with her, having conversations about anything. She seemed to care so much about the world, and she had very clear vision of her future. That's what he liked about her, she was a woman with a plan. She was pretty too, not in that stand-out way like Kate, but she had innocent girl type of charm. And sure, she might only be an A cup, B at most, but that's not what's important in a woman. What matters is between the ears. What's 15 centimeters below the neck is just a nice bonus, and whoever was going to end up with Kate was cashing out big time, for sure...

"What am I doing?" thought Mike before rolling over and staring into the darkness.

12