Cherry Locked Ch. 26-30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literoticaยฎ experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The relief of seeing the bad reminder flying away from me, from my life...from my world, is holy. It's as if my sins have been taken with it...as if I've been baptized. The connection is leaving...it's not gone completely, but it's fading. The metal badge get swept away in the rough current. The universe could have washed it back my way, but it didn't. My faith isn't with Brad.

"Let's head back home."

I pick out a new dancing dress at the mallโ€”an off-pink sequined v-neck with a feather bottom. There's a matching choker necklace as well. I think it's made of rubies.

In the ballroom, I practice my footwork and posture. Quick, quick, slow, quick, quick, slow. My legs work right foot, back to side, closed. Forward to side, closed, back to side forward, forward to side closed. My arms are like a puppet's, high, bent, and steady.

I do 5 reps of this before testing my hip movements for cha-cha. The feathers on the dress have so much body; each has its own wind. I twirl across the room. My phone rings. I break my form and go to answer. It's Lil. "Hey, twinsy."

"No...we're being called stripper couple by the media."

"Huh?"

"Remember, my YouTube channel?" I ponder on this, trying to recall it. "Yeah, me neither. I only posted one video. Somehow, that video is everywhere now."

"Wait, what video?"

"I filmed our first dance session."

"Oh, no..." I press at my temples.

"Sorry, I was excited."

"Which dance is out?" Lil doesn't respond right away. I sense her reluctance. "You said stripper...oh god, not the pole dancing!"

"It'll blow over." I hear the cringe in her voice. "You're allowed to hate me."

"Who leaked it?"

"I don't know, maybe crazy fans. I don't get how my username was found. It's random as hell. GlitterSparklesKitty2000. Who figured that out?"

"Oh, no...how bad is it?"

"We look hot, don't worry."

"What if Jace sees it? Or my parents?!" I fret.

"Umm...well, your mom won't be that shocked...your dad will be uncomfortable. Jace might actually think it's a turn-on."

"Or he might find it trashy," I complain. "God, I wish it could disappear! He's already upset with me."

"He is?"

"Quick recap, Brad popped up at my place trying to get me back. Jace saw his messages on snap and went off. I officially cut him off last night."

"Oh, damn..."

"Yeah."

"Good, Maddy, you did the right thing."

"I know..." My cheeks go scarlet. "I love Jace."

"AHHH!!!" I hold the phone away from my ear. "O M G!!!!"

"He said it first."

"Holy shit!"

"I know, right??!"

"So, the V-card has been mentioned?"

"Yeah, I told him. Now he thinks I'm too sacred to touch. We have new boundaries."

"Oh, come on, seriously??! Are you not from the 21st century?"

"Right?! It's so crazy."

"What if he's doing this because you're kinkier than him?"

"I hope not. If that's the reason, then this video will have me on lockdown."

"And in chains like an animal. Couple goals."

"What are people saying about the video?"

"It doesn't matter. Ignore it."

"I can't." I navigate to Twitter. "Everyone is seeing it..." My name is number one trending. 1.2 million tweets.

"Stay away, girl. It'll only raise your blood pressure."

"How can I? I'm being dragged."

"By people who need a life, dismiss their words."

I click.

The word gold digger is tweeted constantly on the live feed. A sudden realization seizes my mind. Brad called me a gold digger! Did he do this?? No...no, that's pretty fast if it's true. The news of this had to come out before our phone call.

I read the time stamp: 7 hours ago. That was before I broke it off. No way Brad got in contact with the media that fast! This is the doing of the media, not him. Any woman who goes for a rich man is always called a gold digger. Little do they know, I constantly rejected Jace. He had to command a date.

"Don't read any comments."

"How did they find that selfie?"

"Who knows...snoopers gonna snoop."

"Maybe my Facebook...but it's private."

"Let's not dwell on it. Has he popped the question?"

I'm too tempted, so I scroll down to the comments:

Gold digger indeed; she's using her victimhood to trap him. Evil trick.

Guys, she's a bartender. He's with her for the shots ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ’ฆ

"Maddy...what are you doing?"

Pity sex turned trap; that girl isn't innocent. She probably manipulated Jace. It's weird how he decreased from hot ass chicks to a fucking plain Jane!

I think she sought him out somehow after her accident and used her injury to sink her claws in ๐Ÿ™„

Stripper bitch doesn't deserve to be near an empire ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

"Maddy, delete Twitter."

Geez, guys, y'all don't know their situation stop speculating ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค and there's nothing wrong with being a stripper.

Idk...she seems down to earth to me; I don't get the hate. She did a dance class, so what???

I think she's nice, just misunderstood...ppl act like the media isn't propaganda.

That's a hit it and quit it.

She looks too nice to be that type.

Because it's an act, that girl is malicious.

That's a skank

White trash!

Hoe!

Eww...she doesn't have the body for it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ . This user links the YouTube video

Jace gonna wake up soon and go for better ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Chick is a 3; wtf is wrong with JH๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคก

Damn...STRY stocks are down 55% ๐Ÿ™€ He fucked up with this ho ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

"I need to go." I speak shakily.

"Maddy, don't."

I power off my phone and toss it across the room. It hits a wall and platters to the floor. "Ugh!" I clutch the side of my head. I know I'm not much to talk about; the hits at my appearance aren't what's pissing me off. The one comment about Jace leaving is what's bothering me. As I said before, I'm already on his wrong side...the video is humiliating him, not just me.

Is Jace more about his presence that he'd drop me? I don't know about the media side of him. Is he all about image? I don't know much about stocks, but I know it reflects an owner's decisions...even if they're personal. Oh...I might as well stay in here all day! Jace will be beyond furious.

I sit in the middle of the floor and brood like a miserable kid. Everything is falling apart. Why is everything crashing? I did what was right today...this is what I get? To be labeled scum too low for a billionaire? To be the reason Strygent stocks plummet?

I wish the days would rewind. I wish Lil never posted that video. I hope I can overcome this nonsense. I want the day over with. I lay back and sigh. The glass ceiling distracts me. My eyes focus on how the sun cuts through the stained glass, creating diamond patterns on the wood floors.

I shut out the drama and watch the changing light outside. I witness a time-lapse of morning to noon, evening to sunset. Then pitch darkness. The sound of a whirling drone outside the door draws my attention. I don't make a move or a sound. I stay still on the floor. I'm glad when it passes down the hall.

Jace is home...he must have his bots searching for me. I think it's best I avoid him for the rest of the day. Just as I'm dodging everything else. I want peace.

The floor is my bed for the night. I sleep in the fantasy dress and dream of a simpler world. When I used to go to work and go out clubbing. When I wasn't trending and being labeled as disgusting. Just me and Lil living it up at work, flirting with guys, cracking up at the jealous wives. Whipping up drinks. The old me was so stress free...so content. How did that slip away so fast?

I wake to darkness. I'm in bed. I hear Jace talking from far away. I must be in his room. His words are hard to make out, but the speaking pattern is agitated. I swoop out of bed and go to the door. I crack it and listen.

"The stocks haven't dropped just because of Madison; the investors disagree with the piracy and the margins. Strygent will bounce back once the president deal is sealed." Jace stops to listen for a few seconds. "Last I checked, you're the CFO. How about you cease demanding strategies?"

He sounds so tired; his voice is drained. Has he had any sleep?

"Have a nice night." A phone slams. I jump. "Damn it!" He snarls. I close the door and return to bed.

I've disrupted his day three times. First, with Brad, the video, and now the stocks. The CFO must think I'm bad for business. I'll just go back to sleep. Hopefully, tomorrow everything will blow over. I wish to be in the Twilight Zone and have this reality as one I can escape.

Jace is still working in his office when I wake. My same sneaking habit is used, eavesdropping at the door. "Does that mean the video is gone for good? What about screen recordings, shares, still images?" His shoes tap; Jace is pacing. "Double check to make sure."

"Breakfast." A drone announces on its way down the hall. Coconut pancakes, creme fraรฎche, and cranberry juice are propped atop it.

The office door opens. I dart back to the bed and fake sleep. I pull the sheets to my nose. His footsteps stop at the room's entrance. I sense Jace at the doorway, watching me. "We need to talk." Jace enters the room. I'm caught, so I give up faking sleep. I sit up to face him. He carries the plate and glass to me. I take both. "It's about the video."

My jitteriness is uncontrollable. "I'm sorry...I didn't know Lil filmed it. Please don't hate me."

"No, I don't hate you. It's been wiped from the internet and will soon be erased from all devices."

"Because I embarrassed you..."

"No, you didn't. I did this to spare you from the media."

"I'm the reason your stocks are down."

"A small reason. The public's reaction affects the market; this isn't out of the norm. Strygent will recuperate." He sits beside me. "Why did you hide out in the ballroom?"

"To give you space."

"Madi, you're not the issue here; the media is. They're professionals at perpetrating hatred onto their subjects. You'll learn to be the bigger person."

"How do I do that?"

"It'll take time...for now; just don't read the comments."

"I can't help it. I've never been in the spotlight before."

"Yeah...that buzz is addictive." He confesses. "You need to delete social media for a few months until this blows over." Jace's lime eyes fall on my plate. He cuts a slice of the pancakes, spears it, then feeds me.

I take a bite and giggle, "I can feed myself." I scoop syrup from the hotcake and smear it across his nose. "Do you forgive me now? I got rid of the pin."

"I do..." He smiles softly. "I should've never questioned if you loved me. Can you forgive me?"

"Of course."

"I know it's hard to cut out your first. It's a whole new world you're thrown into. First relationships are a drug. I knew this. I should've given you time instead of yelling."

"I think we both handled it wrong."

He feeds me again. "We'll do better next time."

I slap a glob of syrup onto his mouth. "So we're back to normal?"

"We are." He kisses me with sticky lips.

"Could we do something to make up?" I smirk naughtily.

"Like what?"

"You haven't done the pressure point thing."

"Let's make a deal; finish your breakfast, then you'll get that as a reward." I stab into the pancakes, hastily gobbling up the sweet bread. "Don't choke; slow down."

"I'm excited." I say through a full mouth.

"I love you in that dress." I realize that I still have on the fairy-like getup. "I was going to change you into pajamas, but I couldn't."

"You wanted to take off my clothes?" I munch on, grinning. "Hey! I thought you said we had to limit ourselves. You hypocrite."

"I said we can't do anything severe, meaning clothes on." A ringing phone echoes from the hall. Jace stands and heads out. "I'll be back."

"Aww, I'm almost done..." I grimace. "Guess I'll eat like a turtle." I drink cranberry juice like a grandma. I anticipate his return. He has me curious...ugh, if only the phone didn't ring! Hopefully, he returns quickly. I'm glad Jace isn't angry with me. I totally over thought everything.

When done with the meal, I wash my face and apply my usual skin layersโ€”a ten-minute process. I expect to see him after, but Jace hasn't come back yet. Hmm...should I snoop? I crack the door and strain my ear to listen.

"No, that's not true, Kim. We've been over this." Kim?

Who is Kim? Who is he talking to? Is it the CFO? A tinge of jealousy spikes within me.

"Come visit when you can. I'll prove you wrong." The phone's receiver bangs to its base. I hurry back to the bathroom and close the door, no longer in a kinky mood. Come visit when you can? I'll prove you wrong? What does he mean?

I hear Jace approach the bathroom door. "I left you waiting too long, huh?"

"You did," I say as steadily as possible.

"Rain check?"

"Sure...yeah."

The phone rings, drawing him away again. Who is Kim? He'll know I was listening in on his call if I ask. Is she calling him back?

I ninja out of the bathroom and into the hall, nearing the office door. "I'm telling you the truth. Can you accept it?" Damn it, I can't hear the other line. "As I said before, come visit to get the truth."

It's her again. I have to say something about it, right? Just as he found out about Brad's messages and demanded answers, I'm able to do the same.

"Look, I'm not in the mood to argue; there's a lot going on. Just give me a break today. Alright?!" He barks.

I back away. I'll ask tomorrow...I can give him a day. But who is she? A co-worker? An ex? A friend?

I make a bowl of cereal at sunrise. Cheerios with almond milk and banana slices. I stand at the bar and chomp. Okay, I'm going to ask who Kim is today. Jace had a night to relieve his stress.

When done devouring the cereal, I rinse the bowl and then go to the foyer. To my surprise, Jace is descending in a plum suit. "Oh, hi. Morning." I say as he clears the last steps.

"Morning, honey bunny." He kisses me. "I'll be gone for 3 days; if you want to return to the city, you can."

"3 days?"

"Yes."

"For what?" Is he going to see her?

Jace buttons the cuffs of his sleeves, keeping his eyes on me. "To reconstruct the brand...against my will. Unfortunately, I can no longer dismiss the investors. The stocks rely on them. Strygent won't fully bounce back unless I fold." He states sourly.

"Fold...? Meaning dealing with piracy, right?"

"Yes...and with the pricing scale."

"But that means cutting the plug on half of your audience."

"Sadly, it does." He breathes the words with much tension.

"That's pretty harsh...one apple shouldn't spoil the bunch."

"I pleaded my case with a similar statement, turns out the group is heartless. The middle class and down are beneath their funding. If I don't budge, my investors will pull out. STRY stocks will plummet to the hundreds and remain unredeemable."

"Well, that's not fair; you're all about inclusion. They're killing your dream." I strain my forehead.

"I know, but...nothing lasts forever." One side of his mouth tugs downward. "I wish it could stay the same. I was young, thinking everyone could work together in harmony. I didn't consider the bad side. This is a lesson."

I frown. "Do you want to do this?"

"Doesn't matter."

"But you're the owner..."

"Owners have to kneel sometimes."

"But...your vision."

He lays a finger on my lips to hush me. "It's fine. Now, you can't stay here alone for 3 days."

"I could stay at the penthouse with my parents."

"With bodyguards, you're in the limelight now; that means protection wherever you go."

"How many?"

"My whole squad."

"That's overkill, isn't it?"

"No." A bleak expression consumes his face "You'll be surprised how fast death threats roll in," Jace says lowly. "Do you need to pack anything?"

"Yeah...I'll make it quick. Five minutes."

"I think that's highly unrealistic for a woman."

I squint at him. "Five minutes...you'll be eating your words soon." I stick to the timeframe. I grab a pack of underwear, PJs, bras, dresses, sandals, and hygiene products. I zip them into a tote bag and head back downstairs. I have about twenty seconds to spare. "Done before five minutes!" I shout and drop the bag at the front door. Jace isn't here. Hmm...where did he go?

As I near the kitchen, I hear him speaking in a vexed tone. "How many times do I have to tell you to come see for yourself?!" Jace rushes out the words. "I don't get why you don't trust me, but you believe the media? None of it is true, Kim!" A hit on the countertop rattles my chest. He's getting hot-headed. Jace's footsteps lead away from the kitchen. Seconds later, the back door slams.

Why did he go outside?

I peek around the corner. I spot him lighting a cigarette on the deck. He stares off into the distance and puffs smoke. I eye his phone on the counter. The opportune time to ask isn't coming along naturally. And I'd hate to peeve him more than he already is. I slyly slink over to the counter and view his phone screen. It's on the app page. I glance out the window while my finger taps on the phone app. His recent calls tab has a picture of her; she's labeled:

Kim ๐Ÿ“

Her contact photo is a glamor headshot. Her untamed red hair and freckles insult me. She's prettier than me...no, that's an understatement. Kim is leagues ahead of me. A Greek goddess...a woman who would have been oil painted in ancient times. Why does she have to be so beautiful??! Is he cheating? Jace said he's not talking to any exes...so who is she???

I exit the page and back away from the phone. I watch him smoke outside. Since when does he smoke? I've never seen him do this. Or mention it. Jace looks like he's doing it as a form of release. This Kim is unraveling him. I need to ask why and if he could stop it. I axed Brad out of my life for him. He needs to do the same for me. I stride to the door, bearing no fear as I open it.

"Are you ready?"

"Who were you on the phone with?"

Jace gazes ahead; breathing out cigar smoke. "No one..."

"Were you talking to a ghost?!"

"You don't need any more drama."

"Not answering is adding more drama."

He flicks the cig to the ground and crushes it with a glossy shoe. "Let's head out." Jace faces me with a rigid demeanor.

"No." I shake my head. "Are you cheating on me?"

He huffs and rolls his eyes. "No...now let's go."

"Then why can't you tell me who was on the phone?"

"I just told you why, Madi. Now, let's go to the jet." Jace brushes past me to return inside.

I tail after him. "I don't believe that. Why can't you just say who it was?"

"Look, not right now, alright!" He spins and roars. "Let me get through this current shit show!" My mouth snaps shut. "Let's go!" Jace leaves to the foyer like an amped-up drill sergeant.

He's keeping something from me. Why? He's not acting like himself. The world is overwhelming him. The judgment online, the stocks, his vision for Strygent. I know that there's a lot is going on...but he can answer one simple question. Why won't he? I pass the counter. His phone bleeps. I read a text:

Kim๐Ÿ“: Stop hanging up on me ๐Ÿ˜ก I'll be there Friday. You better have a good explanation! You gotta be kidding me with that stripper!

1...345678