All Comments on 'Chiaroscuro and Catgirls'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
PygmyCohoPygmyCoho3 months ago

Beautiful, Lucious, Emotional, Satiating. Thank you!

onehitwandaonehitwanda3 months agoAuthor

"Oh, what a circus."

The formatting - a rather important part of this one - looked absolutely fine in the preview before I submitted. I guess there's some sort of process that happens as part of publishing that stripped out a whole lot of it. I will try to find time to redo this and submit an update; quite when that will happen though...

Sorry for the mess, everyone. Hopefully it's still legible and intelligible to you - if not, well, I guess that's a lesson learned.

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaru3 months ago

Still such a wonderful story. Thanks so much for giving me the privilege of beta reading! I love it.

AquariusgirlAquariusgirl3 months ago

Onehitwanda,

I've been eagerly anticipating your next story and was thrilled to see this little gem pop up this morning. Your story was absolutely still legible and intelligible, it was perfect! I don't know how you do it, but you always have a way of making your reader fall in love with your characters (and the story in general). I loved it from start to finish & loved how the relationship developed between the two. Your epilogue was great to read (I didn't want this one to end).

Thank you again 😊

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CagivagurlCagivagurl3 months ago

Wow....

What amazing imagery.

You interweaved two worlds into one.

The dialogue was fabulous.

The characters endearing and charming.

Loved every syllable.

Cagivagurl

Nicole2023Nicole20233 months ago

I would gladly attend every circus of yours, this was amazing. Showed up at 1 am, I tried to finish but getting hit in the face with the iPad meant it was time for me to go to sleep. Woke up at 7, and had to finish. Another one hit wonder…

used2bjustjused2bjustj3 months ago

Marvelous story. Kind of funny how her support group were her followers. I thought the on-line group texts were brilliant. Some peeps are nice, others are jerks. Just as in real life.

5/5

J

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere3 months ago

Out of the park, once again!

dwoelfledwoelfle3 months ago

OMG. This was so good! 5 stars seems so insufficient. As always your characters are engaging and compelling. The group text was off the charts good. You are one of a very few authors who I can read over and over again. Thank you for sharing your amazing talents.

HordHolmHordHolm3 months ago

You actually had me feeling starving hungry with Viv, and being hungry in London is a familiar feeling.

Neat concept, well executed, and now I need to go and make some food ;)

MigbirdMigbird3 months ago

The opening scene painted so well: “I hated Ellie sometimes. But she paid my bills.” The cam-girl moments funny, poignant, revealing and essential. As a near hopeless romantic loved the ending, but more so the journey. Ellie/Vivienne and Godiva/Kristy two very memorable characters among the unique personalities you’ve created. So enjoyable to return to your pieces from time-to-time; this one as well.

MigbirdMigbird3 months ago

Just a brief coincidental aside to my earlier comment: I believe my first piece of yours read was “Sketching Sophie” — a storyline that also involved art/artist. I’m surprised I did not comment at the time because I loved the characters, story and memorable title. Just came to mind after finishing this romantic piece. Thanks again for sharing your talent.

Slurpy29Slurpy293 months ago

I’ve loved all the stories you’ve written, but I think this one is y favorite. You bring a real, genuine feeling to each of your characters that we all can relate too and fall in love with. As always, thank you for sharing your writing talents with us.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

OMG, one of the best short stories of any genre I’ve ever read! It’s just grabbed me by its understanding of the human condition, how frail we all are when feeling love, all consuming love. Thank you. And if I can’t remember my logins, I’m sorry!

Read2Luv2019Read2Luv20193 months ago

Brilliant as usual ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

quitewronglyquitewrongly3 months ago

Another night where my plans to go to bed are delayed due to a new story from you. No complaints. This was sweet and warm and felt like a hug of a story. If ever you decide to start offering your stories as ebooks, I'd buy them.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

Sublime. Tear-inspiring. Emotional. Rollercoaster. You make us feel the pain and conflict and anguish the two lovers go through on their journey. Another masterpiece from the master.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautiful story. Came for a quick wank, stayed for the beautiful love story. 10/10 will read all your others now

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow! Just Wow!...You've yet again spun us a web of characters and details that make your fans like me walk in the realms of the lives you've created. You aren't just writing us a "story", but a journey shared. Thank you for blessing us with another wonderful peek into the trials of life and love. ❤️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Exceptional, beautifully written and heartfelt.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another brilliant, heart-warming piece. Loved it!

THBGatoTHBGato3 months ago

So excited to see that you'd published something new - it was "Walking with Sam" that got me reading this site - and this didn't disappoint. I loved the device of the comments, and all the little subplots going on in there, but mostly I adored the protagonists; you did such a great job of making us pity and yet also admire Ellie/Vivienne simultaneously - we wanted to both be her and yet be the ones to pick her up too. Such a fine balance, so skillfully woven. Kirsty was more mysterious and detached, but that struck me as by design and entirely necessary. I imagine this will, like so many of your, be one I go back to. Congratulations.

AliceGeeAliceGee3 months ago

Magical, two well drawn and endearing characters. The ending totally satisfied the hopeless romantic in me. Five stars but deserving of more.

Nightwish1977Nightwish19773 months ago

Another beautiful story, I was so excited when I noticed you published something new.

SerArthurHeathSerArthurHeath3 months ago

Absolutely phenomenal, the best erotica I have read in a very long time

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

Great story. Good characters and loved the ending.

Take care.

LaRascasseLaRascasse3 months ago

At this point, the 5 stars are a formality. Your stories never disappoint for vulnerable characters, tender interactions, and slow burn of emotions crescendoing in a final climax.

Just beautiful.

proseinagardenproseinagarden3 months ago

*sigh…* so lovely! I love these flawed, gorgeous, romantic characters. Every single paragraph flows into the next one, and that is to your credit. Sex was so hot and I loved the rollercoaster of emotions expertly resolved. You really have a talent of tapping into these lonely, sometimes insecure feelings and resolving them in your writing; it makes for amazingly real stories. Thanks for this one! *snaps*

Samson66Samson663 months ago

Another beautifully written love story, thank you for sharing with us.

Campus77Campus773 months ago

By far the best you've ever published. In the top ten that I've read on lit. An exquisite story of two damaged souls who, through the miracle of the internet, found each other. I was so happy to read the last two pages to see that everything worked out for them.

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141593 months ago

You are such a wonderful writer. Thank you for sharing another beautiful story.

allo1949allo19493 months ago

One of the best I have read on this site..You never disappoint.

JacquiUK41JacquiUK413 months ago

It's always a highlight when I see you publish a new story. As always beautifully written. Thank you

Bluesea00Bluesea003 months ago

Speacheless. I don't need to flaunt your craft anymore. Just in two pages Viv was in my mind, 2 more pages in my heart. By mid story you made me cry!!. There was no a bit of the story I could not belive , congrats and thanks for sharing!

(Well may be the group of subscribers was a bit too much healthy to be true but...I am affraid I am partial with you.)

ThebiffThebiff3 months ago

Simply beautiful

Jalibar62Jalibar623 months ago

Thank you for once more sharing your talent. Speaking of catgirls (and alchemy) I've been happily following the inimitable Jackie H for a while now. I would hate to be on your unfriends list :)

NewEroticaWriterNewEroticaWriter3 months ago

Simply stupendous! I’d give you ten stars if I could. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. Your writing is an oasis. I’ve read so many other stories recently that can’t hold a candle to yours. More comments in a private feedback to come.

Rose Monroe 🌹

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sympathetic characters and a compelling premise. Even with the formatting issues, the message was communicated exceptionally well. The juxtaposition was dramatic, with two very different people in very different financial positions engaging, but still, at their heart, being the same, and seeking / needing love, physical intimacy / contact, and companionship. A difficult read at times, (and not because of the formatting issue), but a very rewarding read. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlz3 months ago

Yet another enchanting love story from your magical pen! Thank you!

Love

Sarahxxxxx

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt3 months ago

I’ve loved all your stories, but this is undoubtedly now my favorite. I’d find myself laughing, then crying…sometimes both at once. I kept picturing the “cam girls” that always line the top of lit’s main page, and wondered if there are any Ellie’s amongst them. Via and Kyrsta felt so real. You’re a master at portraying wounded women and showing all the shadows and light in them. Self understanding and healing are tuff. Kudos to both for finding their way. And the chat room participants and dialogue was phenomenal from the variety of names (QueenBear..squealing..loved it) to the crazy ability of the internet to bring out the best and worst in people. Also rawther proud my gaydar pinged a fictional character as lesbian before she said so :). Truly wonderful! Thank you!

technofrog2002technofrog20023 months ago

Wonderful story and I’m a sucker for beautiful ending, you are a truly a talented writer.

bb319bb3193 months ago

Well, now I'm wanting to see a story from you about Moxie and ElliotP's sister in Queens.

silveraidersilveraider3 months ago

A re-telling of Cinderella or Pretty Woman but with great characters and wonderful dialogue. I really liked the mechanism of using the chat room texts to advance the plot. This story came very close to becoming my new favourite (within a whisker) but Sketching Sophie remains top of the list for me. But definitely one of your best. Thank you.

Staril1Staril13 months ago

Amazing writing, amazing story. Emotionally capturing, just wonderful, thank you, loved it...

JS60007JS600073 months ago

I love your stories. And this one is magic. The way you take us on a ride, it's so real. ❤️❤️❤️

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon3 months ago

Great story telling. In Viv and Kirsty you have created two flawed but compelling characters. One of your best stories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Superb as ever

5 stars is never enough.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Once again simply brilliant, the way you pull us into your story is incredible. A lot of emotion in this & I really felt it. Thank you 🙏

Can't wait for your next story. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

shayneoneshayneone3 months ago

it was good very good a happy ever after these days we need a little of that thanks be well happy and safe a fan shayne

PurplefizzPurplefizz3 months ago

Excellent story Wanda! Outstanding use of both light and dark, but painted using emotions, mood and settings, which I suspect was always the point, you drip feeding us that throughout the story was a giveaway, but done handily all the same.

I loved the idea of, and the contrast of, comments on the chat, the idea of generating a bunch of disposable characters seen only via the medium of an imaginary chat scroll is a great idea, but making them feel real and empathetic/apathetic/antagonistic was genius, those characters alone made her cam sessions feel very real to me as a reader.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, despite feeling uncomfortable with our MC in her darker moments, but 5⭐️ no questions! Many thanks for both writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

teekjayteekjay3 months ago

My God, Wanda! How are you so good at this? I have been a member member of this channel for almost 15 years, and you, by far, are the best of the best I have read here. I have thoroughly enjoyed everything you’ve written, but I think this is your masterpiece. The passion, the emotion, the heartbreak, the redemption - So completely overwhelming. A wise man once said, you need to have your emotions moved to tears once a day. I know I’ll never have that problem because I can sign in to Literotica and read one of your stories.

jackie_emjackie_em3 months ago
Lovely story

Nice balance of tragedy and triumph. Interesting characters, and I enjoyed seeing how you developed it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I stumbled upon your work so soon after finding this site, I assumed there would be others whose work would match - at least come close. But nope. Not even remotely. And every one of them leaves me weeping - and desperately awaiting your next one. Thank you.

turbo_geoduckturbo_geoduck3 months ago

Magical! I can't wait for your next story!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's been over two years since I found you, time flies, just like the saying. I simply cannot find the words to tell you how beautiful the story was. I am going through bit of rough time right now and this story really helped me. I have not found a single author as talented as you on this platform. The story is truly breathtaking! Thanks for making my day!

JusteenKJusteenK3 months ago

Shades of the Void Bunny in the storyline and just as well written as that wonderful tale.

BiologoBiologo3 months ago

Really lovely story.

Probably not worth fighting the Lit system for a name stumble most would miss but:

We found Felix near the exit to short-term parking; he grinned at me as he relieved me of Kirsty's bag. "Miss Ellie, Miss Fletcher," he said, smiling down at us both like some strange African saint.

He called her Miss Ellie, yet:

"Hi, it's Ellie," she greeted her subscribers as she always did; I grinned.

I'm jealous, see. I like that I'm the only fan that knows her real name.

Wouldn’t Felix know her as his employer’s friend Viv?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another story that begins so beautifully... And so filthy spoiled. Another sex on the first date... Moreover, the poor girl, who a few minutes ago could not utter a word without nervous hesitation and uncertainty, from some dick climbed to molest a serious respected woman. Simply so. Just because she was drunk and emboldened. It's just "BRILLIANT." And most importantly: dozens of comments "It's wonderful, it's a masterpiece, it makes me feel!". Guys, just go watch porn. Goodbye Wanda, you were good... once.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well, after reading the story to the end, I declare: It's very cheap. Why should I empathize with any of the characters if they just didn't have time to make love? Two girls met, fucked on the first date, and then because of the cheap trick "I got it, I don't want to listen to you anymore" they had a fight. They've only known each other for a few days. I have no emotions about this quarrel, I did not get attached to their relationship because THEY DID NOT EXIST. I have no more words. One big disappointment...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It does feel off that we go from her being happy about a girlfriend, to her getting into a fight with the girl and then hinting at suicide, to them reconciling all in the same page.

Idk if i would say cheap though, definitely could have used more chapters with 1 or 2 more trips before the fight happened. Or just forgone the crisis completely.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"Another story that begins so beautifully..."

"Well, after reading the story..."

As the author of these two comments, I want to make it clear one last time: Wanda's old stories are the only thing in my life that caused butterflies in my stomach after reading. The way the author describes ordinary actions (casual touches, hugs, glances, walking, body language) is real art, which belongs at exhibitions. The old stories were also sometimes naive, absurd. But they always had relationships in the foreground. Apparently, Wanda is tired of this. She no longer enjoys writing such stories herself. Now she is interested in describing large-scale events, not small ones. This is her right as an author. She does it for free, so no one has the right to demand anything from her (although I would pay for a story in the old style). But new stories, in my opinion, rush things too much. There is no room for romance in them. They don't cause butterflies in the stomach. That's why I felt so hurt. Other people, judging by the assessment, like such changes (in my experience, dirty vulgar stories always collect the highest number of views and ratings, unlike stories focused on relationships). So I just want to speak out one last time and go look for another author.

DukaaDukaa3 months ago

Your stories never fail to brighten my day, thank you so much for another great one!

dumdondumdon3 months ago

O, Wanda! Why can we only give you 5 stars? Again, Thank You! Now I will go back and re-read (or re-reread) some of your older tomes. Thank You again.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

a poignant portrait of the relationship between a cam girl and her followers that made my heart ache, but it sadly made the sexual relationship between Viv and Kirsty seem brusque and overwrought in comparison.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked this overall. At first read it seemed like things were happening too quickly. Too rushed as it were. I think more dialogue could have slowed the pace a little but that being said I'm sure you have your reasons. So, two things. Don't let the peanut gallery get you down & don't stop writing for us. You are the first author I look for on Lit.

nogravynogravy3 months ago

Magnificent. 'Nuff said...

Five Stars easily!

storyman60storyman603 months ago

Wonderful as always, you never disappoint. I do have one niggle but it's not with this beautiful story. it's with the genre. Why is there always a high flyer? Top lawyer/head of a division/daughter of the man who owns the company/ works in advertising, etc. Why is it never two everyday women who meet while working at a supermarket for example? I know it's fantasy and having a wealthy character can lift a story above mundane life and make some plot devices easier, but I would like to read a story about "normal" people one day.

DevilbobyDevilboby2 months ago

Loved it Wanda , I have one or two other stories queuing to read as I'm halfway through some of ' em but doesn't mean I cant award you 5 stars.

Nostrus115Nostrus1152 months ago

Why can't I give it 6 stars?

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking2 months ago

"Is this what you want to do with your life, Ellie?" Really challenged my suspension of disbelief when I found out that this was supposed to be a successful middle-aged executive's opening line . I'm the most socially inept person I've ever met and even I can see how that would go wrong. Shouldn't Kirsty know better?

The chat room stuff was sweet and cute though.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Sadly another example of OHW’s trope: poor little thing rescued by rich/in control/dominant character. OHW has such a control over the language it is sad to see it wasted on the same theme time and again.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 2 months ago

Another good story as always!

And for those that want make derogatory remarks, if you don't like what your reading then don't read them. Those of us that enjoy these stories don't read them to live in our mundane worlds and like the thought that there might be romance, fantasies, and fairy tales that come true!

Thank you Wanda

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 months ago

God that was a drop down into abyss …. First this heart wrenching work money apartment online-chat artist life which nearly collapsed and a special offer kept her alive ….. the offer trust ‘dinner’ sexual-adventure love-feeling out f the blue perfection ….. AND Abyss …. Holy shit yeah getting your soul sliced like a pizza into pieces, the live is afterwards squeezed out …. BUT you ARTistic extraordinary marvelous writer Wandla made us all scream avter the tears and happiness it was …. So so lovely soso sweet

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨🌸🌈

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

ROTI8211CHANAI643'S,

No one is suggesting you don't read.

Read what you like but understand that not everyone will interpret the story in the same manner.

P.S. For someone so happy-go-lucky, you sure are grumpy.

baywindowsbaywindowsabout 2 months ago

Absolutely loved it. One of your best.

I almost passed it by because I assumed it actually was about catgirls. So glad I didn't, and I now can't imagine a better title.

jmcharl1jmcharl1about 2 months ago

Of all your stories I like this one best so far. Loved Ellie’s character. And how her online group evolved. Very cool. Thank you for the stories you write.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 1 month ago

Great story... even had some humor in this one. Loved it.

RileyworksRileyworksabout 1 month ago

I have a serious problem with your writing. And it is something I don’t think you can fix. I read faster than you can write which leads to worry and apprehension on my part. Where your depth of understanding and empathy for the human heart springs from I don’t have a clue. But I am sure I speak for everyone in my fervent hope that the well never goes dry. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

As someone said, still the same trope and again so much pain, hurt and loneliness in it that it leaves you with sadness so deep that no amount of happy endings can erase. But then again, I'm in love with her words and not the feelings behind them ever since the "On the Simplicity of Words". =)

Maybe it's just the empath in me resonating so deeply with her stories. Still, I hope you're doing well, Author. =\

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

... and in your most audacious grasp at high fantasy yet, you've decided to make the internet a nice place! I kid, but I was also genuinely less baffled by the immortal naiad.

Well, I said I'd read this one right after the other, and I did and had a brilliant time with it :) A bit of emotional whiplash for sure (this one, particularly for the first few pages, felt much darker, somehow), but it is very you, if that's not a presumptuous thing to say - there's a reason I've returned to your stories time and again for nearly a decade, and this is as good of an example as any for why: you're obviously a versatile writer, but you're just incredible at the emotional extremes these stories exist between; both the desperate, crushing loneliness it starts with, and the euphoria of fighting back against it. Just an absolute delight! Thank you for taking the time to write, edit, and publish this for us! I haven't had quite as much time for that recently, but it's a real privilege to get to spend an evening with your tales (and some cookies, obviously) :)

PerfectStranger82PerfectStranger82about 1 month ago

It’s always marvellous to be gone for a spell and find when one gets back that there is not one but two onehitwanda stories waiting to be enjoyed…

A truly delightful and excellent story with the right mix of poetic wittiness, angsty melodrama and romantic sexiness…

pope32767pope32767about 1 month ago

Well, some people loved you and love you, some people used to love you but don't any more, some people just can't stand you. This is the first story of yours I've read (I think) and I loved it. But I can't imagine why anyone thinks Kirsty is the top just because she has the money! I mean, that's just a wholly superficial interpretation.

EnochlesisEnochlesis18 days ago

Turns out it's really nice to read stories where people are nice to each other. You do an amazing job structuring your writing for maximum effect, and I'm excited to continue working my way through your oeuvre.

LrtikagraphLrtikagraph15 days ago

So warm! And very sweet.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...

SIMILAR Stories