Choices Pt. 01: The Clinic

Story Info
Choices can be tough, but consequences even tougher.
4.9k words
4.49
19k
23

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/16/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is a romance and a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Any organizations, places, or products that appear in the story are used in a fictional manner. While there is some sex later in the story, it's either relatively soft-core or of the fade-to-black, behind-closed-doors type after the initial setup. If you're seeking graphic descriptions of hardcore sex, this probably isn't your story.

While I've written a few romances before, this is my first on this site. I hope you'll let me know your thoughts about the work after reading it to help me improve my writing. I'm my own editor so I apologize in advance for any mistakes you might find. Just let me know and I'll try to fix anything significant.

Thanks!

SCF

________________________________________

Part 1: The Clinic

Thirty-something years ago...

Rob Malone awoke to the sound of music playing softly on his clock radio and sharp rapping on his door.

"Wake up, sleepy-head! We've gotta' go. Marci and I are in charge of this shindig and we can't be late."

"Okay, just give me a minute."

With their part-time coach on maternity leave, Rob knew his friends had a lot to do, so, head pounding, he climbed out of his bed, slapped on deodorant, put on his shorts and t-shirt, and ran a brush through his hair. He'd been out later than planned and the beer hadn't helped. He didn't particularly like beer, but a cup in hand seemed to make it easier to meet girls and with the August heat aggravating his thirst, he'd visited the keg a few more times than he'd intended. Unfortunately, it hadn't helped with either problem.

The little flag wasn't up on the sliding door to the shared bathroom between the two small bedrooms of their little on-campus apartment, so Rob opened the door and started to step inside, only to see blonde and beautiful Marci sitting on the toilet with her shorts and panties down below her knees. He averted his eyes as she snapped her knees together.

"Morning, Rob," she said sweetly. "Get lucky last night?"

"Screw you, Marci."

She laughed. "Too late, Mike already took care of that. Really, really well, I might add."

Rob looked down at her and stuck out his tongue at her before remembering her circumstance. With her t-shirt knotted just below her shapely breasts to show her abs, he couldn't help but notice the top of the little patch of dark curls barely visible above her closed legs.

"Nice dye job, Marci. I really had no idea."

"Oh, you bastard!" she said with laugh. "Don't peek."

Rob looked away, shoving his toothbrush in his mouth. Hearing the flush and adjusting of clothes, he felt her standing close to him as he finished and rinsed.

"Rob, I have a couple of sorority sisters who I'm pretty sure would enjoy going out with you. They're pretty and they're not too tall. Would you like me to try to set something up? Maybe a double date with Mike and me?"

"Thanks, Marci, but not right now. Maybe a little later in the semester after things get settled in."

"You said that same thing about this time last year. She's gone and you really need to move on."

"I know, but I just haven't found anyone, well, special, who's come anywhere close to feeling the same way about me," he said as he put on his shoes. "The few dates I've had since Katie dumped me have sucked and striking out at the parties last night made it even worse. That and the beer. Oh!" he groaned.

She laughed again. "Well, stay away from the beer and it will get better; you're a nice, sweet guy and you'll meet someone before too long. You just need to relax when you do and be yourself." She glanced at her watch. "And now, you'd better take care of your business in here so we can get going. Mike's bringing the car up to the entrance so we don't have to walk all the way across campus."

She closed the sliding door to Mike's room behind her as she exited.

* * *

Rob had a questioning look when Mike pulled into the athletic center parking lot.

Marci, sitting in the front seat, glanced back at him and said, "That's the big benefit of being co-captain this year with Coach Betty on maternity leave. Our annual parking passes are upgraded to allow us to park here, too."

"About the only benefit," said Mike. "Other than being partners with my beautiful co-captain."

Rob shook his head grumpily as he got out of the car while the couple stole another quick kiss up front.

Minutes later, they entered the practice field where a banner proclaimed "Junior Varsity Cheerleading Tryouts." It was a long process, with clinics on Sunday morning, Tuesday, and Thursday nights, optional practices on Wednesday and Saturday, and the actual tryout the following Sunday. Rob sighed, dreading what was to come, knowing that he'd have to be there for all of them.

Based on his experience from his freshman year when he made the squad and last year, his first year on varsity, he also knew that about a thousand young ladies and maybe six or eight guys would show up to try out for the six female and six male positions. Since the senior cheerleaders would serve as judges, Rob, as a junior and one of three non-senior males on the squad, knew he would end up having to serve as the male tryout partner with far too many of the young ladies.

"Rob, find Jen and you guys run through the tryout demo. Mike's going to check on the mats and the music and I'm going to be at the check-in table." Marci practically bounced away, leaving Rob to divert his eyes to keep from staring and to wonder if he'd ever be as lucky as his apartment-mate and best friend.

If I was only a few inches taller, he thought for the millionth time.

"There you are!" came a call from across the field. "I thought you were going to be early."

"Hi, Jen. The best-laid plans of mice and men and all that."

She gave him a little hug. "It's okay, I only got here a couple of minutes ago myself."

At just over 5'-2" and around 105 pounds, she was a little dynamo and had proven fearless doing stunts in their first year together. With Rob at just over 5'-6" tall, they looked good performing together and were now working on more advanced stunts to wow the crowds.

"Late night?"

He nodded. "And now, though I'm not feeling very well, I'm going to have to pick up about 200 mostly freshman girls."

"Most guys on this campus would love to pick up 200 freshman girls," she replied with a grin.

"Jesus, Jen. Not like that! Over my pounding head."

"Here. I have some aspirin in my bag. Take some and then let's run through the tryout demonstration once. We can skip the stunts for now; you're going to need all your energy later."

* * *

Instead of a thousand, the registration list showed seventy-two girls, plus eight guys. The group was sitting on the grass while Mike and Marci did their spiel on why junior varsity cheerleading was so much fun.

"But you don't want to hear us talk," said Mike, "you want to see how it's done!"

"Let's give a big welcome to Jen and Rob!" called Marci with the microphone.

The two partners showed high energy as they ran out in front of the group. Jen shook her poms and Rob used his megaphone to maximum advantage, slapping the side to the beat of the music blasting out the university fight song. When it faded, they went into a chant that finished with a tossed chair sit and wild applause from the rest of the members of the squad, strategically placed among the group to encourage everyone else to clap and cheer, too. Jen cradled out as a new song started, so Rob let her down before doing a triple toe-touch jump while Jen ran to position.

With a nod, she took off to do a roundoff-back handspring-layout, with Rob spotting her on the layout. She ran in front of him where they started the dance, with Jen doing most of the work while Rob stood behind her, smiling (always smiling), clapping, doing arm motions, and a few steps, a pirouette spot, and then a final dip as the song ended. They came out of it yelling and clapping to excite the crowd once more before closing with a cheer. As it ended, Rob, with help from Jen's strong legs, popped her up into a toss liberty amid the applause.

"Thank you Jen and Rob!" called Marci again as they both took a seat over on the side and guzzled water. The mid-August temperature was rising despite it still being mid-morning.

"Great job, partner!" whispered Jen. "Very sturdy on the stunts. Are you feeling better?"

"A little," agreed Rob. "Of course now..."

Mike was finishing the explanation of how tryouts would be conducted. When he was done, Marci added, "Remember, gymnastics are optional but are highly encouraged, for guys and gals. Now, regarding the tryouts, everyone has to try out with a partner, so today, work with a number of different people and try to team up with someone you can work with. Girls, since there are a lot more of you than there are guys, you'll also have the option to work with one of our underclass varsity guys if you'd rather your tryout be judged with one of them rather than one of the guys trying out."

They went over a few more things before Mike asked, "Any questions?"

Of course there were, so Rob leaned back and closed his eyes, dreading what was to come.

He must have dozed off for a voice saying "Excuse me" and something nudging his shoe made him open his eyes to a vision of loveliness. She was about Jen's height but her legs and abdomen were even more sculpted than Marci's. With sandy blonde hair, blue eyes, cute dimples, and a radiant smile, she said, "Hi, I'm Erin. You're really good. Will you be my tryout partner?"

Despite having willed himself in advance to try to push off as many such requests as possible toward the guys trying out, he blurted out without thinking, "Sure, Erin. I'll be glad to."

* * *

Throughout her stunt period, Erin Parker was by his side, helping and spotting, even when he was helping the other girls in her group. She watched every move and seemed to pick it up quickly. Very strong leg muscles and Rob's powerful boost sent her high in the air and allowed her to hit the toss chair on the second attempt.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" she called as she felt herself slipping off his palm before they had a chance to add the cradle at the end.

Rob knew she was coming down so he lowered his arm and grabbed for her to stop her momentum but he was surprised when she twisted around in the air and threw her arms around his neck. When she came to a stop, they were face to face with their arms around each other, Erin's breasts pressed tight against him and her feet dangling a few inches off the ground. She was looking into his eyes with what appeared to be a hint of mischief as he continued to look back at her.

"Thank you for saving me," she said softly.

"Yeah, she's safe," added Jen. "You can let her down now."

Rob's face reddened. "Uh, ah, sorry," he said as he let her down and turned away as several of the girls in the stunt group laughed. He stepped over to get a drink of water only to turn back to see her approaching him as he lowered the bottle.

"Water?"

"Thanks," she said, surprising him as she took it and drank a swallow. "I wanted to thank you again. I've never cheered so the feeling in that stunt was a bit different than I was expecting and you really kept me from getting hurt."

Rob was so surprised he didn't even think to tell her how close they'd come to bumping heads due to her unexpected twist. "You've never cheered? But the way you hit it, I thought—"

"Ten years of dance, six years of gymnastics—though that's been a while—and four years of high school track and field. I never had time for cheerleading, but I've got great leg muscles. I won't be doing the other things here so I thought cheerleading or maybe the dance team would be fun for a change. Dance team tryouts aren't until closer to basketball season, so here I am."

"Wow, I'd have have never guessed. You're doing great and I think you've got a good shot at this if you keep working on it."

She looked down, fidgeting nervously. "I have a lot to learn though. A lot of these girls have been cheering since junior high, and some have been doing gymnastics a lot more recently than me. It may take me more effort than some of them but I'll do what it takes to make it. You'll work with me, right?"

"Definitely. Just remember, while a lot of them have been cheering for a while, very few of them have cheered with guys and most have never tried one-on-one stunts with guys until today."

She nodded but was rubbing her hands together so he reached out and took them, giving a gentle squeeze. "Be calm and you'll do—"

"Rob!" Jen was giving him a perturbed look as she tried to hide a quick motion for him to get back over.

"Sorry, duty calls."

The clinic continued through the morning, with groups rotating periodically to the various stations. Rob eventually promised ten girls he'd do the tryout with them. When they had a short break while the groups rotated, Jen shook her head and whispered, "I know probably a third of them will end up deciding to not try out, but that's still a lot of tryouts. Oh, and girlfriend Erin is mooning at you again."

Rob looked around to see where Erin was only to hear Jen laugh. "I knew it. You like her don't you?"

He had a strange look as he thought about it. "You know, I think I do."

* * *

"Hey! Stop it!" called the girl as she stared daggers at her grinning partner. "That's not right! I'm not working with you anymore."

Jerry and Patty, leading that group, separated the two, with Mike and Marci running over a moment later. Marci took the girl by the arm and moved her away to speak quietly with her. Tears started to flow so Marci gave her a hug and then brought her over toward Jen and Rob's stunt group.

"Guys, this is Deana Lockhart. Her partner won't be working with her anymore, so ya'll take her on, okay? Start with her on stunts from scratch."

Jen nodded and gave the girl a hug, too, while Rob looked over at the guys giving her former partner the business. In the end, Mr. Grin wasn't grinning any more as he picked up his little duffel bag and practically stomped off. Rob suppressed his anger; if it was what he suspected, getting rid of the guy now rather than later was a blessing to all.

When he turned back around, he saw Jen approaching, her arm wrapped around the shoulder of a little blonde girl who didn't look over fifteen. Rob estimated that she was just over five feet and maybe 95 to 100 pounds. She'd dried her eyes but the little bit of makeup she was wearing was smudged.

"Deana, this is Rob," said Jen. Looking at Rob, she added, "You're going to be trying out with her, okay?"

From Jen's look, he knew it wasn't really a request, so he nodded and said, "We'll take good care of you, Deana. Here, let's get started."

A couple minutes later, Mike called out, "Last rotation of the morning! Switch off to your last station."

"Can I stay here to work with you for a little longer?" asked Deana. "We'd just started working together when..." She looked away, fighting tears.

"Sure," said Rob. "Say, how old are you anyway?"

"Rob!" said Jen, giving him a withering stare.

"Sorry. You just look awfully young—"

"Rob!" Jen hit his arm, hard, his time. "Sorry, Deana. You can take the boy out of the country but you can't inject manners into him with a horse syringe."

Deana laughed. "It's okay. I'm still seventeen. I'll be eighteen at the end of September, right before the cutoff for my old school in Ohio. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been here until next year."

"Ohio, eh?" said Rob. "I lived in Canton for a while when I was young. Dad took a new management job at a factory in the south when I was ten and we moved away. We lived on a a little farm in the country near—"

He noticed her staring at him. "What's wrong?"

"Where in Canton?" she asked.

He named the street and her mouth fell open. "That's like four blocks from my house. You're teasing me, right?"

He was looking at her carefully. "No, I'm not. Are you?"

"No!"

Rob thought for a second. "Did you ever meet Sean Fentriss? He was my best friend, just a couple houses down from me."

She was grinning. "Sean Fentriss was my big sister's boyfriend for a while until—"

"Guys, I hate to interrupt this lovely little country-bumpkin reunion but we have one more session to do."

"Sorry," they said together rather sheepishly. "We'll talk later, okay?"

* * *

Rob took one more request to be the tryout partner and, hating to let anyone down, he agreed. Since this was the smallest group, he rotated back to Deana for another try at both stunts just before the clinic ended. She had the lift chair sit with the cradle dismount, but still needed work on the required toss version of the chair and to tighten up on the dismount. She was also really scared of the roll out of the sailor, so Rob eased her back down on her feet. The exhausted look on his face told his story.

"Thanks for working with me," said Deana. "I know you don't feel well and you'd much rather be working with her."

He looked back at her, sharply. "What do you mean?"

"The pretty dancer girl. You like her. A lot, I think. Have you asked her out yet?"

"No," he replied before realizing that he was confirming her suspicion. "Sneaky!"

She smiled. "You better run if you're going to. She's gathering her stuff up to go now. And good luck!"

"Thanks!" he said before taking off. "See you Tuesday!"

When he reached Erin, he asked, "Heading out?"

She smiled and nodded. "Want to walk with me? I'd like to learn more about you."

"If we can make that a two-way street, then deal."

He stuck out an inviting elbow and she tucked her hand in and started walking. They talked all the way to her dorm, but as they neared it, Rob became apprehensive, his heart racing.

"What's wrong, Rob?"

He sighed, not wanting to admit it, but he stopped and turned toward her. "Erin, I like you, a lot. In fact, a lot more than I should for having known you for what, almost three hours?"

"Not quite, but getting there."

"Spoil sport."

"No! I think it's close enough." She put her arms around his neck similar to when she fell earlier, but this time, she pulled him down so their lips met. She didn't let go and he pulled her close as the kiss lingered and grew.

Feeling increasingly uncomfortable, he finally pulled away before she felt his discomfort, but she was smiling, knowingly, when she looked into his eyes. "Bye, Rob. Fifty-eight fourty-two. Call me tonight." She started to turn away, but then turned back, kissed his cheek, and ran to enter her dorm.

* * *

Rob was smiling on Tuesday evening as he strode into their usual practice room where the clinic would be held. He was running a bit early so he looked around the room hoping Erin would have already arrived, too. It was to no avail, but then he saw Deana, who smiled at him and waved.

"Hi, kiddo, how's Ohio?"

"I talked to my boyfriend last night. He's leaving for Ohio State this week."

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend."

"Just because you think I look sixteen doesn't mean I am, Dad."

"Sixteen? Who said anything about sixteen? I was thinking fourteen...or maybe fifteen, at most. And big brother. Definitely big brother."

She was glaring at him when he smiled. "I'm teasing. You do look young, but I thought maybe you'd graduated from high school a year early or something."

"Well, that sounds very big brotherish. I think. I never actually had one. Just a big sister I love to death and a little sister who is fourteen and a pest, though I do love her despite that. Most of the time."

"Know the feeling. My little brother is almost sixteen now, but he's still very much a pest, too."

"So...I saw you walking out on Sunday with Miss Dancer. Did that go okay?"

12