All Comments on 'Chords that Bind Ch. 14: Sonata'

by poeticlicense91

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More

Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks for the Unexpected Gift ...

Of a new chapter. I'm so glad James finally came to his senses. But I was disappointed by the way he took her virginity so casually. Her first time should have been acknowledged rather than just a bloody mess to clean up. It felt rushed and unsatistisfying.

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback. I'd hoped the intimacy of the moment would have been clearer... But I'd encourage you to come back for the next chapter. There's more where that came from, both in depth of feeling and follow up to their first time together. I hope it wasn't too much of a disappointment.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 7 years ago
Disregard Last Nasty Anony

It was NOT too long; rather it seemed to end somewhat abruptly. When the story and the writing is this well done, I can never get enough. I was thrilled to see another chapter. Please keep writing. Another 5 stars from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Agreed

Ignore "too long" anon..... this was absolutely NOT long enough. Though, in your defense, nothing short of a novel would be. That was wonderful, sweet, romantic, erotic, and character building. You never cease to blow me away with how 3-dimensional you can make your characters. My heart was breaking with Cecilia the first half of the chapter (Oh, how I do love your delectable, torturous angst), and then I spent the second half with a full grin and pleasant tingle! Simply cannot put into words how much I love your story, and how long I have been waiting for this update!!!! Way to shove that plot forward! What a wonderful present you have given! Obviously, 5* from me, and please don't stay away so long again. I cannot get enough of your brilliant noodle. I cannot WAIT to see what the future holds for our leads, and I imagine they are going to thoroughly enjoy the rest of James tour, and I do believe there was mention of a collar.... Ooooh, hurry up and get those fingers to typing! ;)

All The Best!

Oh, and I found James taking Cecilia's virginity to be very sweet and hot, no rushed wham bam thank you ma'am.... Not sure what people were expecting, but short of some odd, out of character, grandiose, hot air balloon, sexcapade at the top of a waterfall, I found it to be lovely.

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
I take it that . . .

. . . that is a "no" for a Christmas special, given the comments that the story is progressing too slowly . . . (No worries. I'll just save it for next year as a one-off!)

To the lovely other anons who enjoyed this update, I'll thank you for your patience and support. I'm glad you're hanging in with this story. It's so gratifying that you enjoy it, because frankly, I'd have to write it and set it free even if no one enjoyed it. It's rather dear to my heart in many ways and the process has been a healing one. I'm glad too, that the romanticism is present for some readers. I'll endeavor to make sure it's present, because even if it's a story billed in non/con, it truly is more of a BDSM romance than anything else. Stay tuned for collars, kinks, and intrigue.

(Also I enjoy comments and convo enough that if readers have questions or lack clarity, I'm happy to play Ask Me Anything. I won't spoil the story, but I'm happy to fill in details! All of you are so great.)

Happy Holidays and best wishes in 2017!

xoxo

-PoeticLicense

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I wouldn't pay attention

To the comment below. He/she seems to like coming up with ways to tell writers to stop writing and probably hasn't even bothered to read your story-which is wonderful. We've been waiting a long time for this couple to be together and you delivered. I say the more the merrier. If you wrote an xmas special all of us would read it happily.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 7 years ago
Story NOT Too Slow!

Yes, want Christmas special, pretty please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
THANK YOU!!

Oh how I'm glad to have checked the new submissions ! Love the story, it is NOT too slow, but I have to admit this chapter was well needed, so so happy they finally spoke to each other and especially that James finally admit his feelings and expressed himself instead of having heart breaking misunderstandings. (I would have DIED if he just left her in her flat alone). Keep up the good work, I love love love your work, and looking forward to the next chapter.

PS: a Christmas special is always welcome ;)

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Best Christmas Present a Writer could ask for!

Wow, I'm gone for a day and see such appreciative outpourings from you lovely readers! Don't worry, one troll won't stop me! Lol.

Can't thank you enough for the loyalty, patience, and feedback. (Not to mention willful disbelief and not commenting on the occasional typos and mis-edits.) You are the best readers an author could ask for. Cheers!

xoxo

-PoeticLicense

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Xmas Prezzies!!!

Okay I haven't read it yet but thank you so much for an Xmas update. You are one gorgeous creature and I am so grateful. xxxxxxxxx

DreadDelacroixDreadDelacroixover 7 years ago
FANTASTIC AND THANK YOU!

You said you wanted feed back. I was about ready to suggest to finally get James to assert himself, but you gave us what we've all been jonesin' for. LOVED this chapter immensely. First you had me crying for our protagonist, then you deliver the James we've been waiting for...it was so satisfying. I wish I could do what you writers do carrying out your plot lines so well. Thank you-Thank you-Thank you for releasing TWO chapters so quickly together. What a holiday treat for your readers. And please, by all means, keep bringing them on. :D

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Great New Years Encouragement

Thanks for reading and commenting. Glad you like this other side of James. I think it's safe to say we'll be seeing more of his alpha side. The holidays and time off work have been helpful in keeping me writing. So hopefully the wait for the next chapter won't be interminably long. Thanks for your patience. I can't believe it's been a two year writing journey with this story!

PoeticLicense

findingmywayfindingmywayover 7 years ago
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year...Yeah

While I love the holidays...with all the family in town it limited my ability to read one of my favorite stories in a timely manner. But the delay was worth the wait! There is nothing better than a love story with flawed characters overcoming challenging and unusual circumstances.

My only cautionary comment is that while Cecilia isn't wealthy nor does she have a tremendous amount of education or worldly experiences she was still a fighter and I feel as if she is loosing that aspect of her personality. You don't have to be loud or obnoxious to be a fighter - she had a quite calm - fighting spirit that I believe was attractive. You saw that in the beginning and I think her friendship with Clara highlighted that as well. Please don't lose that aspect of her personality - I saw sublet shades of her intelligence and fighter spirit when you highlighted the books in her library.

I look forward to your next chapter and seeing where you take them. Hopefully you will continue their dialogue as we begin to truly see how they communicate and how begin to interact as a couple - not only from a D/s perspective but as a couple how love each other. I also look forward to their reunion with Abraham and Clara. - I am hopefully we will see your next chapter soon.

Happy New Year!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
kinda hope

That there is a valentine's day update.

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Awww!

I think an update in the near future is certainly possible. The problem is that in the seasons in our story, it's right around autumn, moving into Christmas and winter... There will be an update, but it might not have cupids and hearts... I'll do my best. You all are just too much fun!

xoxo

PL

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BECOME A PUBLISHED AUTHOR

Wow! You write BEAUTIFULLY and deserve to be paid for your work!

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 5 years ago
Zombies

Another intermediate comment. I am at the bottom of page 2 of this chapter and it seems like the characters are like zombies walking to their decline, like pre-first world war nations at the brink of destruction. Almost too much to take.

And another proof of your craftmanship, of course!

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 5 years ago
Bells ringing

And now this, fabulous. Just as I read the last words of this chapter, the church bells started ringing ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Breathtakingly...

beautiful. Characters, pacing, tone, language, action -- perfection!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

wonderful!...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous