Chris and Jasper Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Trying? We didn't set up anything." Jasper smiled.

"And how did you both know one another were gay?"

"I overheard him talking to his mother, so I know he is. For me, I can tell he knows." Jasper smiled again, and Bill just shook his head.

****

The last twenty-four hours were a little calmer; they were only sent out on a few rescue calls. Chris was packing up his gear; he had already stripped his bunk and packed his dirties when the Chief asked him to come to his office when he was through. Chris went to the office and dropped his two duffels by the door as he entered.

"Yeah Chief, what's up?"

"I'll cut to the chase, how do you like working here?"

"I like it a lot."

"Would you like to stay on permanently?"

Chris smiled, "Yes Sir, I would."

"I'll call down to Headquarters and see what I can do. I'm sure they'll let you know in a few days, but if you don't hear anything, give me a call by your third day off."

"Yes Sir, I will. Thank you, Sir." Chris shook the Chief's hand and grabbed up his duffels and headed off towards the bus stop.

When Chris arrived home, he took a long hot shower and thought about Jasper. Chris thought Jasper was very nice, not to mention handsome. Now Chris knew why Bill didn't have a problem with him being gay and had to laugh. He finished his shower, he wanted to eat something but also knew there wasn't anything in the cupboards. He just dropped into bed and was out within a few minutes.

****

Chris woke that evening to his phone ringing. He forgot to put it on silent before he crashed. He reached for his uniform pants and dug it out of the pocket, and he didn't even look to see who it was.

"Yo!"

"Is that how you answer your phone?" His brother Jeff responded.

"It's when you wake me. What's up, Jeff?"

"Wanted to know if you'd like to hang out tonight."

"Not tonight, I generally sleep a day or two before I'm even able to be social."

"When are you back on duty?"

"Thursday morning."

"Then come down to the club on Tuesday, the one near the fire station, we could at least hang out and have a drink together."

"Yeah, I'll give you a call Tuesday afternoon," Chris responded.

"Okay man, I'll let you sleep. Take care."

Chris dropped his phone down on the floor, turned over, went back to sleep, and didn't wake until the next day. When he clawed his way out of bed, he drags his ass to the bathroom. Afterward, Chris made himself some coffee and looked through the cupboards and fridge. He decided just to give up and go down to the little diner around the corner. He liked the waitresses, and it was a friendly environment.

When he walked into the diner, the waitress who always serves him smiled. "Want your usual?"

"Yeah Tina, thanks."

When she'd put his order in, she came over to the table for their normal chit chat. "Have you found Mister Right yet?"

"Nope, haven't, but have a prospect." He said wryly.

"Honey, it's about time, you've been here without a plus one for almost six months now."

Chris laughed. "Thanks Tina, did you have to remind me of how lonely I am?"

"Sorry Hon, just looking out for you. Are you gonna bring this guy around so I can meet him to make sure he's good enough for my guy?"

"If it turns into anything sure, we've just met and exchanged numbers. He said he'd call in a few days." He smiled.

"Please tell me you didn't have sex with him, hoping he'd call afterward. If you have his number, Chris why don't you do the calling?"

"We didn't have sex, and we'll see. You know me, I'm shy, and I don't want to seem too forward."

"Well, if you want some cock, then you have to start being a little more aggressive. Do you hear me?"

"Yeah Tina." Chris laughed.

Tina went and retrieved his breakfast. "Not going to give you a hard time about eating this crap because I know you work out, but you should give it up, you don't need a heart attack."

"Everything this place sells can give you a heart attack Tina." He said with a laugh and dug into his three-meat omelet with hash browns and pancakes. "Anyways, I might have a permanent assignment soon."

"That's great Chris, where?"

"Up at the 46/27."

"You're going to move away." She sounded sad.

Chris laughed, "I can't say never, but probably not anytime soon."

"I'll keep you to that." Tina smiled. "And you better bring around this Mister, when and if you start anything serious with him."

When he made it back to the apartment, he vegged out on the couch for a bit reading. Flipping the last page of the book, Chris realized he didn't have another book to read and knew he needed to hit the library the next day.

Taking Tina's advice, Chris didn't get his books from Jasper's library but decided he'd return them there hoping to see Jasper. Chris honestly had never seen Jasper at that library before, and he had been there a few times when he had been stationed at other departments in the area. When he woke up near noon on Monday, Chris had a smile on his face and a plan.

He grabbed his backpack and put the three books he had inside, pulled on a ball cap, and headed to the library. He decided to walk the three miles, hoping it would tire him out so he could sleep when he made it back home.

Upon arriving at the library, he returned his books to the desk and continued to the fiction section. Chris would go to the new books, but they never have his authors in, so he was content reading older books. Since he still hasn't made any friends yet since returning to New York. He pretty much has five uneventful days off.

Chris was lost in his fiction world, looking for the next few books when Jasper saw him while walking through. He stopped and watched Chris for a few moments before he decided to walk over to him. He thought he looked adorable in his jeans and tight t-shirt. Jasper almost didn't recognize him, what caught his eye was the t-shirt; it was a bright blue, and it molded to Chris's body like a second skin. It showed off every muscle Chris had, and it left nothing to the imagination.

"I think I'm going to have to buy you some loose-fitting t-shirts if we start hanging out." Jasper whispered from behind Chris.

Chris jumped, not paying attention to anyone around him. He was reading the first chapter of a book, which he tends to do when it's a new series to see if he'd like to take it home. Realizing it was Jasper's voice, it jolted him back to reality, and he turned around to face Jasper.

"What, no comment?" Jasper smirked.

"Just trying to restart my heart," Chris said with a grin. "When you'd said you worked at this library, I couldn't recall ever seeing you here."

"Oh, I've seen you before, as have all my female coworkers." He smiled. "At least now, I know I may have a chance, and they don't." He looked at the little pile of books Chris had set aside. "Have you figured out your next reads?"

"Yeah, probably overestimating, but I've decided. What time do you end your day?"

"I only have an hour left; would you like to do anything?"

"Maybe hang out, talk, and get some dinner?" Chris responded.

"I guess you've had your two days off without seeing anyone, haven't you?" Jasper smiled at Chris.

"If you don't want to, it's okay." Chris picked up his books and started to head for the checkout desk.

"I didn't mean it that way," Jasper whispered.

Chris turned around with a smile. "So, do you want me to wait for you, or start my three-mile hike home?"

"Yes, wait, please. I'll be back in about forty-five minutes." Jasper disappeared back where he had come from, so Chris checked his books out, sat down, and started to read. Chris was lost in his book when Jasper walked up, stood, and watched Chris for a few minutes. He bent down and whispered in his ear. "You're cute when you're lost reading."

They both overheard an older female patron checking out at the desk say, 'It's a shame all the good looking one's bat for the other team.' Both chuckled and smiled. "I take it you're ready?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, what would you like to do first?"

"Up to you, we could grab some dinner or a pizza and head back to my apartment, if you'd like."

They were walking out of the library by then. "I don't mean to sound crass, but I'm not just some quick fuck," Jasper stated.

Chris started backpedaling. "I didn't say you were, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I just thought we could go up to my apartment to get to know one another, instead of having others around listening. Maybe I'm just still too tired to be around anyone, and I'm sorry if I came off wrong."

"It's okay. I was making sure you understood, I've been there and done that. I'm not looking for the quick fuck anymore."

"Well, so there's no misunderstanding, let's just have dinner, talk, and then go our separate ways." Chris didn't want to come off the wrong way so that he'll stay far from the topic of his apartment for the time being. "What do you like to eat?" Boy, he thought, even that could be taken as a loaded question and chuckled after he asked.

"Just about anything, let's keep it simple. There's a little diner not far from here which has good food."

They walked to the diner and proceeded to talk and eat. Both were having a good time with one another, and now they were both regretting their decision of eating and going their separate ways. They lingered outside the diner talking for nearly an hour before Chris decided he was too tired to continue standing there. "Which way are you walking?"

"The train, I live in Norwood."

"Oh, that's not too far from here."

"Yes, not far, I do like where I live and work. How far are you walking?"

"Just down to 133rd. Don't worry, I like walking, or I wouldn't be in this city. If I change my mind, there's always the bus." He could see the concern come across Jasper's face.

"If you insist."

They walked to the station talking the entire way and even set up a second date. At least it's what Jasper was hoping it was. They agreed to meet up for dinner at a restaurant near the library on Wednesday.

After Chris said his goodbyes to Jasper, he headed south. He didn't notice the dark clouds coming in, and it started to rain. He stopped long enough to put the books into storage bags, which he always carries in his backpack just in case.

The rain never bothers him; he likes it because it clears the sidewalks of all the people. When Chris arrived home, he was soaked through, but he just stripped off his clothes, threw them in the bathtub, and dropped into bed.

Jasper rushed to his front door. He felt terrible now he made Chris walk in the rain. He hoped Chris took a bus. Once in his home and dry, Jasper decided to call Chris. He knew he shouldn't, but there was too much of a draw. Jasper was hoping Chris wouldn't mind. It rang, but it went to voicemail. Jasper decided he'd wait for a bit because he knew if Chris didn't take the bus, he made it home long before Chris.

Later, when the phone began to ring, Chris just grabbed for it. Again, he didn't look at the number, and it woke him because he forgot to shut the ringer off.

"Yo!"

"Chris?"

"Yeah, who is this?" Chris sounded a little annoyed when he asked and pulled the phone away from his ear to look at the number. It wasn't on his phone.

"It's Jasper, did I wake you?"

"Hey." He smiled and was calmer. "No." Chris lied. "I take it, you made it home alright?"

"Yeah, I know I woke you, I'm sorry." Jasper felt bad.

"No, don't worry about it. I have a few more days off to sleep." Trying to ease Jasper's mind and hoping he'd stay on the phone for a bit.

"If you're sure. Did you get caught in the rain?"

Chris laughed to ease Jasper's mind. "Jasper, I'm a grown man, I chose to walk you to the train. It doesn't matter if I got caught in the rain. I had a wonderful evening."

"I had a wonderful evening as well. What are you doing right now?"

"Currently, I'm lying in bed." Chris debated if he should've said he was naked.

"Oh." Jasper's voice went up a little, and he got a little flustered. Felt stupid, he forgot, he woke Chris but thought maybe he got up and was in his living room or something. "Well, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"Not interrupting anything, are you working tomorrow?"

"Yeah, mostly Monday through Friday. Sometimes, not too often, I have to work a Saturday."

"Well, I'm glad you were visiting your brother." Chris couldn't believe he was getting hard just talking about nothing with Jasper, just Jasper's voice was enough to turn him on. He was wondering if he should even touch himself while talking on the phone with him. He started debating this in his mind when he missed what Jasper said. "I'm sorry, can you repeat?"

"I said, it was a nice surprise to meet you there; I'm hoping Bill doesn't mind if we possibly start dating?"

"Why would it bother him?" Chris put his hand down on his cock and just started to rub.

"He's always told me never to get involved with a fireman, but I tell him getting involved with anyone is always risky. You never know how long they're going to live."

"Oh, he's just trying to protect you from losing your love, I can understand. We do have a dangerous job." Chris stopped rubbing his cock.

"Well, Chris, I'll let you get back to sleep. I hope it's possible for you."

"It'll be a little hard now. Something came up." Chris smiled, hoping Jasper got the reference.

He laughed. "Well, maybe one day I can help work on what gets too hard. Have a good night, Chris."

"You too." They hung up, and Chris now had to deal with a raging hard-on.

And for once, he was at a loss; he liked Jasper a lot but couldn't picture him at all naked. This frustrated Chris more than it should've, and after a while, he just gave up trying to figure out what Jasper look like under his clothes. He figured it was because of how Jasper put a stop to them going back to his apartment. He's starting to realize Jasper was on the controlling side, and this intrigued Chris.

****

Chris met up with Jeff, his brother, the next day. They had a few drinks and parted at the train station, Jeff going north, Chris walking home. He did pick a dismal location for his apartment; it does have okay bus service, but no train, at least not after six at night.

Chris didn't feel like hailing a cab, so he walked the few miles home, it was a beautiful night. He had gotten the call from headquarters. He had been assigned to the 46/27 Station which made being out with his brother a celebration. And to top it all off, he's going to meet Jasper up this way at a little restaurant for dinner the next night.

By the time Chris walked in, he was tired, and it was almost three in the morning. He undressed, dropped into bed, and sleep came quickly. When Chris opened his eyes, the light was blinding, he didn't think he drank that much, but his head was telling him another story. Chris didn't even bother to look at the time. He just covered his head with a pillow and went back to sleep.

When he woke again, he was thirsty and needed to use the toilet. After those basic needs were serviced, he looked at the time and was caught off guard, it was almost four, and he was meeting Jasper at five.

He quickly jumped in the shower, dressed, and ran out of the apartment. He caught a bus heading north and got off near the library and walked to the restaurant where they agreed to meet. Chris arrived there a little before five, and he was happy he arrived before Jasper. Chris would hate for Jasper to wait for him. He got a table for two and ordered some coffee while waiting.

He waited for ten, fifteen, then twenty minutes still no Jasper, he kept checking his phone to make sure Jasper didn't call or text. When five-thirty rolled around, he felt bad for taking a seat from someone who could've eaten and left by then. The waitress kept coming around, asking if he was ready to order. Chris asked for the check, leaving her a large tip.

He tried calling Jasper, and it went to voicemail. Chris waited outside the restaurant until a little after six, then decided to head home. Chris needed to be at the station by eight the next morning, so he took the bus home, trying not to let the night get to him.

****

"Hey Bill, you have to get an address for me. Please."

"Why do I have to get you an address?"

"Because I messed up, and now I can't get a hold of Chris. Can you please get his home address for me?"

"How did you mess up, Jas?"

"I was supposed to meet him for dinner tonight, but I had to work late, and my phone was in my bag. I didn't realize the time until it was seven, and he's not answering his phone now. I want to go to his place, please."

"Where are you?"

"Around the corner from the library."

"Okay, meet me at the station; I'll see what I can do."

Bill was already in his car and headed to the station, he figured by the time he drove there, Jasper will have walked. He parked on the side of the building and walked straight to the Chief's office.

"Bill, what are you doing here?" The Chief asked.

"I need a favor, and please don't ask why I need it."

"What is it?"

"I need the Probie's address."

"I know it's near Alexander and Bruckner, give me a minute to find his file. Remember, I didn't give this to you." The Chief found his address and showed it to Bill.

"Thanks Chief, see you tomorrow morning, or is it the Assistant?"

"Assistant for the nights, me during the day, but you know I prefer to be around here more than my wife." He smiled.

"Yeah, I know, but your wife is going to move here if you don't start going home." Bill laughed and looked at his phone. He had gotten a text from Jasper, telling him he was next to his car. "Well thanks. See you tomorrow." Bill went out to his car. "You owe me, now get in."

"Thanks Bill." To drive, it takes them half as long as it takes Chris to walk from the station to his apartment. Jasper explained again on the way, what happened. Bill just listened and smiled. When they pulled up outside his apartment, they parked.

"Call him again." Jasper tried again, but still; it went to voicemail. They walked up to the door and pushed his buzzer. It was now getting closer to nine, and Bill rang it again.

The intercom light came on, and a very sleepy sounding Chris answered. "Yeah?"

"Open up, Probie."

"Bill?"

"Who else Probie? Buzz me in." Chris buzzed the door, Bill and Jasper walked up the narrow stairs to two apartment doors, one was ajar, so they walked in. There was no one there, then they heard the toilet flush, and Chris walks into the room, pulling on a shirt and stops at the sight of both Bill and Jasper standing there. "Seems here, my brother stood you up by accident, and he couldn't get a hold of you."

"Sorry, I generally turn my ringer off when I sleep, if I remember."

"Do you have someplace private we can go for a minute?" Jasper asked. Chris turned towards his little bedroom and walked in, and Jasper closed the door. "I'm sorry, I worked late, and I didn't realize the time until I finally was able to check my phone and seen you'd called and texted." Jasper stepped closer to Chris and put his hand on Chris's hips.

Chris looked in Jasper's eyes, and he could see he was sorry. Forgetting the embarrassment from earlier, Chris replies. "It's okay, I didn't turn my phone off to ignore you, really I do turn it off to sleep."

Jasper stepped closer. "May I?" Chris nodded his head, and Jasper reached up and placed one hand on each side of Chris's face and raised and kissed him. It was a soft sensual kiss. Chris grabbed Jasper by the waist and pulled Jasper towards him and continues the kiss. After a few minutes, when they decided they needed to breathe, Jasper pushed Chris away and smiles. "Do you forgive me?" Jasper could feel that Chris was hard because he only had on shorts and a t-shirt.

Chris smiled. "Thers nothing to forgive. You got caught at work, and you tried calling. I would've seen it when I woke and called you back when I had a chance."