All Comments on 'Christian Upended'

by ShelbyDawn57

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is 9.9/10 for me. The emotions!

The passion. And the love. Specially the ending. I am in love. Keep it up. I wanna see more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved this story. ❤️❤️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A very sweet and sexy story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I love the story. Just be allergic to trust-kids.

LASFSEALASFSEAabout 3 years ago
Amazing love story

ShelbyDawn57 thank you! This is the first of your works I have read and I am a fan. I will be reading more. This story was full of hope, lust, loss, being found and a deep friendship that led to love. It had everything a good story should have. I appreciated the "discussions" over whom would bottom which happens often in many gay relationships. The caring and warmth of their love was palpable. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It is still unclear to me why, just when Chris showed real interest in Ray romantically and sexually, Ray completely shut down with the “don’t just don’t” and the refusal to talk with him about it or to have any contact or adult communication for over a year - even continuing it in Ft Worth by avoiding him all day at the ballpark, staying away from the gallery, and then leaving him to fight through security? If Chris had not been so depressed and gone to the hotel bar to get shitfaced, they may never have reconnected. Yes I get that Ray wanted him from the beginning and thought he’d never have him and that was painful but when the opportunity started to present itself why did Ray sabotage the whole thing and break both of their hearts to endure more than a year apart and filled with pain? It makes no sense. And seems like something that could not be so easily forgiven. That was a big breach of trust which takes some time to rebuild. That part seemed like unrealistic artificial drama inserted to keep them apart even if it was very illogical.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

ShelbyDawn, thanks for adding more detail. It still makes no sense to me. Ray may have thought he stood no chance with Chris, but until this last meeting when Chris stayed at his home, Chris did not even know Ray was gay. Once that came out, there was immense flirting in both directions, including nudity and touching, etc. Without having sex they were becoming more and more intimate. Why wouldn’t Ray have shut that all down as that too would’ve disconnected with his prior thoughts of having no chance with Chris? But he let that all continue, even until the last night at the gay bar when he flirted, touched and repeatedly kissed Chris to keep other men away. Since Chris was at Ray’s home for weeks and went along with all of this willingly, it seems Ray gave Chris no opportunity to decide for himself if there was a chance for them as a couple. The final kiss in the car was not an isolated event (to trigger Ray and freak him out like it did) rather it was one in a long string of things over weeks that were bringing them more intimately close and changing their relationship and feelings for each other. Ray shattered all of that when he shut it down. The lack of logic comes in that this was building for weeks and Ray was not just a gleeful participant but actively guiding the flirting touching, nudity, kissing, etc and even throughout that night he was egging Chris on and showing jealousy. Also, adults don’t just decide to bail (for both people) and then ghost for a year plus. They express what their feelings, communicate, ask the other about their feelings etc. You know like they did in TX when they finally reconnected. That should have happened in CA a year before! The extreme dropping out of sight and ghosting for a year still makes NO sense! At the very least, Ray and Chris were friends and Ray owed him much more respect and regard than what he showed. Ray is not a confused teen, he knew better, he knew both of them were invested and this wouldn’t be just one night (or even so, discuss it), and he acted like a unrealistically emotional immature brat who wasn’t getting his way (even though he failed to see he WAS getting his way). He knew he was hurting himself and Chris and he continued to let it happened hour after hour, day after day, month after month for over a year. And he would have let it continue if Chris hadn’t been so persistent!! Maybe the details in your head shed light that I just don’t understand, but none of this makes a bit of sense and seemed very petty and artificial - like a ploy to create drama that didn’t exist. Again not criticism just honest thoughts seeking to understand. You’re a talented writer and this story affected me which is why I’m so upset that it fell apart for me at that point.

ShelbyDawn57ShelbyDawn57about 3 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous

I am blown away by your investment in my story. I have read and re-read the story a dozen times since your first comment and I have to admit, you are winning on this point. Now...what to do?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

great story! really confused by the other comments here, was there a different version where Ray shut Chris out after the kiss in CA? had to re-read to check, but clearly Chris was the one who rode off & left suddenly, with Ray left in the lurch.

anyway, I thought it developed really well. the only thing I didn't like was when they reconciled at the bar and then everyone around them was crying and clapping ... a bit too corny for my tastes

ShelbyDawn57ShelbyDawn57almost 3 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous - you are correct. I published a revision that I feel makes more sense and a stronger story. Chris was the one with the serious relationship issues, not Ray, so it made more sense for him to be the one to bail.

And I'm not apologizing for the bar scene, I'm a hopeless romantic. LOL

LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleover 2 years ago

O...M...G! Beautiful and sexy.

letsquirtletsquirtover 2 years ago

Man, oh man- I love this story! That bar scene really brought out the tears.

You've created a nice balance, with the slowly developing friendship and Chris' dawning realization of his attraction to Ray, along with his understandable denial of it. I really appreciate the drama of this work, without over-the-top melodrama. The drawn out sex was realistic and fantastic.

I'm definitely a fan now, and will read your other creations.

Thank you very much!

MarthaMcKinleyMarthaMcKinleyover 2 years ago

I'm afraid I like a well written story with a lot of sex in it much better than a lot of sex with no story to it. You done good, ShelbyDawn!

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Beautiful, just beautiful. An emotional roller coaster ride. Five Stars times five

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

EVERY STORY, YOU BRING OUT SO MANY EMOTIONS, Thank you, I think I'm falling in love with Ms Shelby.I gave you my Email, I guess, I'm going to have to sign up, for a name, so you know, whom your newest admirer is.

After finding your writings, feeling your feelings, and impressed with your heart, as much as your mind, I AM VERY IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!1

Mike

JackiemichelleJackiemichelle12 months ago

Another great story. You never know who and where you'll find your special someone.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userShelbyDawn57@ShelbyDawn57
Authors Notes: Lots going on right now. Wanted to give everyone a big heads up. The authors got together and challenged each other to write stories in exactly 750 words. Never one to back down from a fight, I wrote and submitted six. They span several categories; 2 Sci-Fi/Fa...

SIMILAR Stories