All Comments on 'Christmas at WJTW - 1590 AM Ch. 01'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

What a sad ending to a sad story. Nicely written, but still sad.

-

Pasqual

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

I just realized that this the 1st chapter. So while this chapter ends on a sad note, there is still hope. Looking forward to the next chapter(s).

-

Pasqual

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

Interesting story.

Waiting for chapter 2👍🏻

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
The main character is too stupid

to like

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

What a pathetic story. The main Character appears to be a close ignorant buffoon who misses the most obvious signs of trouble.. It's almost as if the main character is as clueless as one of the husbands and a story written by THE CELT.

.

Take the ending of the story for example. This guy knows there's a blizzard coming and he knows that he has to get to Asheville which is about 3000' above sea level in order to make Presentation to save the radio station and the town. So naturally of course he leaves late and gets caught in the blizzard.

.

Quite frankly I don't know what the laws would be if nobody ever found him he died in the snowdrift trapped in a snow drift trapped in his car

penneydog55penneydog55over 2 years ago

I really hope there another part to this story.

As it is. It's Major Downer Man

5 🌟 🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, anything else we could have be wrong for this guy as we wrap chapter one?

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Fine start. Thanks for the Wm. B. Williams memory.

SystemShockSystemShockover 2 years ago

If Traci is prone to flying off the handle at meaningless shit like that, she's not worth the effort. In fact, she's exhibiting Amanda-like behaviors, being outraged by shit she has no right to be mad at. Cut the line and let that one go.

Also, when your MCs have more plot armor than an a hero in an MCU movie, a cliffhanger like this is almost insulting. Might as well be guessing which direction they're gonna turn in a NASCAR race.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

This was a bit wordy for the amount of information presented. He always wanted a radio station. I would have left out most of the why, where and how it came to pass. It matters not to the plot.

Sorted: organized; arranged; fixed up.

Sordid: involving ignoble actions and motives; arousing moral distaste and contempt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Waiting for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A couple radio-related notes. First, there actually is a WJTW-AM; it's in Bridgeport, Ala., near Chattanooga. Second, if you have memories of William B. Williams, you'll love the 8-part radio documentary he did called "The Home Front." You can find the whole thing, back to back, on one YouTube presentation.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Very good chapter one.

I truly enjoyed the suspense at the end.

waiting for the next chapter.

Thanks StoneyWebb.

Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Four pages of nothing, hopefully there'll be more to the second half.

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Nice one. Just the fight with Traci seems a bit rushed.

Looking forward to the conclusion.

4/5

JensensloverJensensloverover 2 years ago
I got roasted by some of you for breaking up "The Guitar Player." But I am sending in both parts at the same time. Thanks for your understanding.

YAWN, couldn't finish page 1. So much unnecessary filler, there was a reason you were roasted last time, long winded or maybe you think the readers can't skim through the filler to get to the end? Or maybe even read some, then come back to it? 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great start…keep it coming

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

This is an awesome start to the story. I hope that Literotica doesn't drag their feet with the next part!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am sure this will be good but to this point far too much about his radio business and too little about his soon to be ex wife. Was blah.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Great story so far you have me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

Hopefully he dies alone and forgotten. His passing a mere memory until his body is found years later.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

could have been 4* but this is not over by a long shot is it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fairly abrupt ending that. With lots of things completely unresolved.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Great stuff as always! Second part ncludes the ending, correct? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

look really forward to reading the next part. please dont do as some authors and wait too long before the next part.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Has makings of a good story. I would like to understand why Traci would have been so upset as to leave her "meal ticket" over a set of china that was not even hers. Does not make any sense yet, but I am waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ummm yes …please finish this story…asap

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done! I don't mind that you broke this tale into two parts. If I come to a story that has 20K words, I usually will skip it as I don't have that kind of time to read that many pages at once. Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Author tells a good story but tries to pile on tooo much drama with the cliffhanger ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bit of a slog……but decently written. One big drawback was the absence of any sense for why he and Amanda got married…or why she left him. You didn’t provide readers with ANY clue about what she was like and what motivated her. So his whole marriage and divorce were just….uninteresting.

.

And WTF about Traci having a tantrum about the China? Again…lack of any personal insight into his relationship with her detracts.

.

Now that I think about it….the whole story was flat. Yep….kinda don’t care about radio station guy.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

We really enjoyed the story, the characters and the whole story line.

Can't wait for chapter II.

Hope that Tom finds tender love with Traci and Kimberly - if that is meant to be?????

Then there is the Ex issue that will have to be dealt with, without necessarily a BTB ending.

Thank you for another fine intriguing and well written story.

We greatly enjoy them,

Happy New Year and have a great 2022.

SW

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A good introduction to an interesting story that has very good potential! I'm looking forward to the sequel!

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Nice start but l felt more like Tom and Amanda were more like roommates than husband and wife. Tom was definitely clueless on all of the red flags with Amanda. Tom is starting to come across as weak to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, like all your stories I've read. Please finish it ASAP, so we can see where it goes...

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

SW always tells a good story with a good bit of background. Perhaps a bit more about why Amanda had the attitude she constantly showed. Then the ill rational reaction to the china by Traci was a shock. Hopefully you’ll double back and flesh that out. You picked a cliffhanger break point, which leaves me eager for the continuation. Keep up the good work Stoney.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Story has potential, but its almost Bartleby the Scrivener in wanting this guy to wake up. If the goal is to frustrate the reader, then success. Can't say I feel much of anything with Chad & Amanda because their behavior is so typically shallow and unsurprising in today's world. Almost predictable in setting up the protagonist to save the town, win the girl with the daughter and embarass Chad while leaving Amanda with deep regret. Prove me wrong?

miket0422miket0422over 2 years ago

Was enjoying the story right up until the author tried to pile on so many occurrences to create a cliffhanger at the end.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

First off, 1/2 a story? No insight into Amanda or their marriage at all. What about the china that enraged Traci to the point of leaving him? Huge gaps in multiple places! WTF, you are way better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Waiting for second chapter. Like the real-world look at small-town radio - the author must have some experience in that field.

katibkatibover 2 years ago

Good writing--and the editing is far superior to most of what appears in LIT.

blackswordblackswordover 2 years ago

Too much of information are missing about what happened with Amanda, and later with Tracy how a sole dispute (probably the first they had) ended with her leaving everything behind her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I do not understand what you were doing written in Traci leaving because you stupidly allowed the ex wife to take his mothers order china. As they were living together sharing a living area and she had a small child . No money to talk about yet you abruptly had her leaving with no explanations. Plus why would you give the bitch ex wife anything after you let her get her way in the divorce. Then you cut across a dangerous road to have a life threatening accident. This is to much BS.

Ironman52Ironman52over 2 years ago

nice, ready for the next part.:)

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Seems like it's going to follow 'the Guitar Player' template. A forgettable wife quickly shunted off-stage so that we can get to the meat of the story, which is really a Romance : a brave young single mother with whom the MC will fall in love with. They will be happy and successful, their children will be happy and successful, and we might even get to meet the happy and successful grandchildren.

.

Now, if the strays that the MC rescues --- Jimmy and Traci --- ever wind up having an affair, then we would have a proper Loving Wives story. Stay tuned, same time same channel for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My first thought was that Tom is such an idiot. The next thought was a feeling that if I'm listening to Paul Harvey and waiting for the rest of the story. Things were rather dull during the opening part of the story but got interesting when the divorce period started. The trouble driving in snow was too real for my because I once made a trip from Charleston, SC to Petersburg, VA during an early snow fall. When I left, I-95 was covered with snow on the road and ice on the bridges/overpasses. It was after sundown and I had just passed South of the Border and about to cross an overpass when I saw the tail lights, then the headlights, and then the taillights again of car ahead of me as it crossed the overpass. I let off the gas but after I fishtailed I decided to find a room for the night until the State had a chance to clear the roads. Tom knew that the roads would be risky but he was arrogant enough to take the back roads any way. Don't know how this story will end but I worry about the MC.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Drawn out, didnt really care for the characters at all. So it really fell flat for me.

FYI try to keep your political idiocy out of it or we might surmise you're an outhouse owner thinking you're managing to keep up with the Jones'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You didn't give a reasonable excuse why Traci was angry that Tom let Amanda have the set of dishes. Sis she think she had a voting interest in Tom's life I just assumed that he would clear his interaction with his ex-wife with her first. Maybe Tom is lucky to avoid hooking up with another controlling female in his life.

symtronsymtronover 2 years ago

Oh No you didnt end here!!!!! ARGGGHHHH!!!!

Just kidding, you are one great story teller. I am hooked and waiting the next chapter.

Who said stories have to have sex to be great? This one is one of the best I've read in over 10 years..

Reader121Reader121over 2 years ago

Interesting setup to the story. But as a NC native, I have to wonder why you got your geography so wrong. Milton is almost 3 hours away from Greenville by car and Ashville is 3.5 hours from Milton. I mean, ultimately it doesn't matter, but NC is huge east to west and your driving distances make it seem tiny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's funny... if an author doesn't give enough background, there are complaints, and if the author goes to great lengths to tell us who our main character is, then it's different kinds of complaints.

When I was growing up, we were told, "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all." Perhaps (we) Anonomyous critics should try to remember that when you speak of the hard work offered here, for free.

Nice start to an interesting story, I look forward to the second half.

TeggeTeggeover 2 years ago

A lot going on...looking forward to the rest of the story. You always build a good tale. Keep it coming Stoney!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

*2. The MC was too self-absorbed to pay attention to anything happening around him. Since this was 3rd person, there is some hindsight injected into the story. But RED FLAGS being missed was due to the MC's real lack of a caring personality. Hope you can develop some NEW insight into the MC and the supporting characters. Maybe CH 02 will be better.

Leejeff5456Leejeff5456over 2 years ago
Please please please please

Get the second chapter finished. This is a very good story.

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

looking forward to the next part

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

Great first part. As I used to be involved in pirate broadcasting back in the day, the setting of a radio station really caught my attention. 5* story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Put a fork in it. He wrecked his car trying to avoid a small animal? No wonder this guy's wife fucked him over, he's a complete dumb shit. Too long, too much mundane and irrelevant detail, and in the end a really boring plot. Why should we give a fuck about his love of radio, is he the next Rush Limbaugh or something? Maybe he is. Rush had a difficult time keeping wives as well.

Lame and inane. Amazingly uninteresting. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written. Very enjoyable.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

Nice.

Yes, red flags. A lot of us have missed a few of those.

I'm still pissed at myself missing my first one.

And that was decades ago!

Still, it's human to err.

So no surprise this story has a few red flags.

It's refreshing to see a new work platform in a plot.

There are so many options in making a plot for a story.

Nice to see those options used.

I really enjoyed reading this first part.

Top ratings from me.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

No To Right-Wing Nonsense

Why the gratuitous slurs against California and Oregon. What tripe! You don't know much about either state. Who would prefer the Confederacy??

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Good Start, lets see how it finishes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's very clear to anyone rational that California is one of the most heavily regulated states in the US. Also, would anyone want their state to be known for riots? Both are reasonable and valid statements.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Please

Please in part two,don't have him get back with Traci.She shows her thanks for a job and a roof over their heads,by flaunting off over an unused dining set.What an ungrateful bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hate it when the author puts the protagonist in a bad situation because of stupidity!

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
I have been to California and Oregon

I like both States. California has the darkest white people and the whitest black people.😀😂

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

This a very good story, good people, iffy people and of course bad people. Our hero in trouble and our author gives us a cliff hanger..............

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Girlfriend leaves because he gave away some china to his ex wife? Another red flag right there. That guy must be color blind.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

At one point you called Traci, Cassie.

\

I'm always wary of who was dumped. She might always carry a torch for her ex.

\

Traci was out of line with the china. He didn't want it, why not let Amanda have it?

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 2 years ago

Good first chapter. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

sad but good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

so hes gonna die, sorry too bad but deserved. in his own world he misses all the red flags in the world, cant really seen to organize things or why else would the dip shit dodge an animal on a mnt rd on snowy night, then of course not have cell service or any battery left. this guy is a nice guy but in adventure or safari movies hes usually the 1st or 2nd to die. he also expects people to be like him, laid back, kind etc so his college nemesis doesnt respect or fear him. rk

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 1 year ago

The thing with the dishes is a woman thing. He just told Traci he wasn't thinking about marrying her and still considered his ex as his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

TOM EVEN GIVES THE SKANK EX HIS GRANDMA'S CHINAWARE!! WHAT A WEAK PATHETIC MAN!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Way too much minutiae. It drags the story down to a crawl and I really doubt that all that many people are too interested in the day-to-day details of running a radio station. I know I’m not. I’m going to give the second chapter a pass.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Great Story, Great Writing. 5 stars for a Warm Christmas time story including Angels! This should be a Hallmark Movie! Ignore the whine of the moron complainers. They live in Mommy's basement and no one ever listens to them so they inhabit the Lit Loving Wives comments section as their only fun in life. Meanwhile such a heartwarming story of love, heartbreaks, and redemption. fantastic writing, thank you for your effort. Wonderful Story. Great Job, brought a tear to my eye. hard to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well filled plot, background and chracters.

Tp Bad the poor guy is always betrayed by women.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

The finances are in the foreground and the personalities are the background. It has momentum but no… uhm… no…

oldpantythiefoldpantythief5 months ago

Nice buildup but I'm wanting to get to the BTB and saving the station. On to the next chapter

oldpantythiefoldpantythief5 months ago

As I was reading along with this story it suddenly hit me, this is "It's a Wonderful Life" only in Milton, North Carolina. Even if I knew how the story was going, it still got difficult to read at times because of "dust" in the air here. I have a Glock 23 but it's only 40 caliber so Tom needed to hang on to Henry's Glock 40 MM. Very rare and probably one of a kind. Not a BTB, but the bastard did get sort of kicked in the nuts by his family, however the cheating slut wife got off way too easy. I'm thinking she needed to gain maybe 50 or so pounds and loose her company. But then, that's just me.

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Excellent story and writing skills here, thank you! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'm kind of hoping he freezes to death. I know that's a horrible thing to say but he's a bit of a dick. He talks of red flags and most of them weren't. Not wanting to adopt and bring up another person's dna is perfectly acceptable. What was a massive red flag though, was moving a young mother and daughter into the accommodation attached to the radio station. I wonder how he'd have felt about his wife moving a young stud into a room in their house and giving him a job in her design business.

The divorce was also bogus on the split, there was no mention of Amanda's design business, which was worth far more than merely her wage and probably more than the crappy radio station.

Not going to lie, but I don't think that I could live so close to my ex after the way she behaved, especially not if Chuddy has moved in with her. And doesn't Chuddy have lots of money? So wouldn't he have a better place? So what's with the desire to keep the house.

The biggest red flag of all is Traci's reaction and response to the MC giving the dinner service away. Though I'm also left wondering why he'd do anything at all for Amanda after the way she treated him. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous