All Comments on 'Christmas Biology Lesson'

by masustacy

Sort by:
  • 220 Comments
YouamiYouami5 months ago

A very clever plot and MC....well done!

SyzyguySyzyguy5 months ago

5* Wordy but very powerful. You cover a lot of ground and bring in a lot of different perspectives. Handy that he had a black belt (but it's your story, so he has) but otherwise convincing. You managed the discussions clearly (which can be tricky) and I always knew who was speaking without you having to labour he point. I very much like the emphasis you put on (Christian) forgiveness but you don't trivialise it by making it sound easy. I imagine that you will get stick from the "usual suspects", but please ignore them, this may not be perfect but is really, really excellent. Thank you for posting it.

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

A lot of research or knowledge involved in building this story. I liked it a lot. 5 stars.

Chuckles1966Chuckles19665 months ago

I've seen this line of argument put forward elsewhere. TONS of science behind it.

One note: Greg has the first member of his harem, as soon as Elodie moves in. And she and her kids will.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Great story, well developed and written.

300WSM300WSM5 months ago

Great concept ans story

mindmeld31mindmeld315 months ago

One question I would have for Greg. If his wife fell as easily as she did for what should have been an obvious attempt to subvert her husband and life partner, what faith would he have that she wouldn't be vulnerable to such an approach again in the future? It's the question of which does she regret more, the act of betrayal or getting caught?

If we are talking biology, it sounds like she is still looking for a possible step up in a future mate, which tells me she doesn't consider Greg to be her ultimate life partner unless something better never comes along.

francemanfranceman5 months ago

Wow I have become a convert to the Holy Word of our benefactor Greg. Blessed be his name.

The law of the strongest has become obsolete since man discovered the use of gunpowder.

One shot from a pistol or rifle and there is no longer a strong man.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight5 months ago

This story had a very interesting plot. I have no idea where the names came from. For me, that made the story a bit harder to follow since it was difficult to remember the names and the couples. The other problem was how you dropped from third person to first person, sometimes within a sentence. An example? "Greg spread my arms out to indicate the entire room." You made that mistake more than a few times. All said and done, I scored it a five because the plot was different and well conceived. That is the heart of a good story.

dardefdardef5 months ago

Loved the story.but....the population of the US is 321 million...... Small error

DreddrasDreddras5 months ago

I very much enjoyed this, although I feel that two major biological issues were not addressed in Greg's dissertation on the difference between male and female infidelity -- namely, the impact of (1) abortion, and (2) STDs.

miket0422miket04225 months ago

The evidence from the PI shows that Quiara didn't have sex with Emile but, that seems a bit difficult to believe. A year or more of secret meetings with Emile, she accepts the $20,000 tennis bracelet and yet never had sex?

Other than that dubious point this was a very entertaining story to read.

imhaplessimhapless5 months ago

Original -- I like original. 5*

amyyumamyyum5 months ago

I enjoyed this; I can't say that I was entertained but the fact that I still enjoyed it makes it worth 5*. One drawback; some of the MCPs that populate this site will take the proposition that in the 21st century a wife cheating is worse than a husband cheating; then again they probably would have believed that crap anyway so no harm done.

GrimmerGrimmer5 months ago

Something different from the norm. A five it is.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

You forewarned about edits, but otherwise this was a refreshingly complicated story with multiple plot lines intertwined to a great conclusion. Some of the topics you brushed upon would make for interesting discussion in a real life dinner of friends. 4.8*

CriosCrios5 months ago

Wow! Terrific dialogue.

justbobkcjustbobkc5 months ago

5 stars. Excellent. I had to look it up but the hypergamy theory is a real thing, not just a fictional invention. Whether the theory is proven as real is another question, but there is evidence in many ways. Ties in very well with both Lucifer Principle and Love Languages theories. Also supports an essay I wrote and published here about differences between men and women. You made an "essay" into a very good story. Well done.

justbobkcjustbobkc5 months ago

Judeo-Christianity is also the very backbone of modern Western civilization. Forgiveness is a very important concept but equally important is the major focus of the J-C religion vs. paganistic ones. In a nutshell J-C allows and supports human progress on Earth in material ways. Paganism doesn't because everything is viewed as just the fickle "will of the Gods". Modern science developed in and by faithful Catholic Believers and no where else because of this.

UnassignedUnassigned5 months ago

A surprisingly compelling read, well done!

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

I liked most of it, but not so much the reconciliation between Greg and his wife. She'd spent at least a year being wined and dined, received a secret very expensive gift, set up a secret account to send and receive romantic messages with the guy who for a year was trying to seduce her and the story having her not having sex with Emile seems so unlikely as to be nearly impossible to believe. Even in the extremely unlikely event that she really didn't have sexual contact with Emile she went way too far from my point of view.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594195 months ago

Wow that's a story topic for another time. It makes one to ponder or wonder on many subjects of people's lives true or false I wonder.... 3 emoji that will sum it up

🙊🙉🙈

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoy5 months ago

I loved the conceit of presenting the biology lecture as a group conversation. The suspense of Greg's ultimate purpose was delightful! For the first time in my life I understand why I imagine a woman might tolerate a cheating husband, but I have no doubt about my own response to a cheating wife.

MwestohioMwestohio5 months ago

Interesting monologue

truthandjustice99truthandjustice995 months ago

Gee I am sooo impressed you were able to look up big words

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

32 million should be 320 million

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She deceived him for a long time. Forgiveness and continuing with the marriage are two different things. Marriage requires trust… her actions will ensure that the component of trust is non existent !… but forgiveness…that can ensure they continue to co parent and remain friends for the sake of their kids…

TwentysevenTwentyseven5 months ago

All those boring biology lessons come flooding back. Why spend all that time on speculations which have nothing to do with the problem or the solution?

deependerdeepender5 months ago

Very well done over all. The "biological" dissection of cheating is most impressive. There is a large chunk of truth in the pair bonding dissertation. Thank you very much.

servant111servant1115 months ago

Excellent and frankly fascinating.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

5⭐️ Greg, kicking butts and taking names! As it should be. Syzyguy thinks it was "...wordy but powerful..." I wouldn't disagree. This was a powerful story, primarily because of the powerfull wordy words you used. I think you put some thought into this piece, it shows in Greg's arguments and rationale. This is a great example of a Loving Wives story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very well done. Explanatory and extremely possible correct in all aspects.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I would have given you 5 stars for an original concept and a "strong biological argument". Instead, I give you 2 stars for disappointing me by using the setereotypical "French lothario" trope (which is equivalent to the "naive American WASP" stereotype that circulates in Europe). I do not know how many French people you've met, but I am willing to bet that it wasn' many... I am not French by the way...

TonyGWTonyGW5 months ago

Brilliant, Absolutely Brilliant.

Clever mix of narrative and dialogue leading us to a reveal that I didn't see coming.

You handled he massive topics of Biology vs Theology and Might vs Christianity with aplomb even giving us a an abbreviated lecture on Forgiveness.

Well done, going to your page now to read everything else you've written.

BoshirovBoshirov5 months ago

Who is Quiana, and who is Quiara?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wordy but we'll developed. Luckily I'm not hippoptomonstrosesquipedaliophobiac (fear of long words)

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

Firstly, an excellent story. Well written and constructed. I had to read at less than half speed, to ensure I was grasping the actual message. Ha. I'm reasonably well read but had to check a few word meanings along the way, so I didn't "take the road less travelled".

About the only weird thing was the Christian involvement. As a Scientist, I'm sure you don't accept/believe things without a demonstration of the truth of a claim. So, to the existence of a god, any god of the approx 2000 gods claimed, well... as an Agnostic Atheist that's a whole different discussion. Perhaps if you studied Buddhism, instead of Christianity, you would better understand the notion of Love and Forgiveness. (I lectured in Religious Studies)

Back to your story... just brilliant and many thanks for sharing. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I thought is was great. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Clever .... but, a con job, and to be a good con job, it 'has to' be clever.

And, a good con job has to include a lot of truth, to make it possible for the bullshit parts to work.

Trust me (Hah)!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. MC loves to hear himself spout all his self-proclaimed wisdom. Fell asleep a couple times reading this. Wife cheated and he's stupid enough to believe she didn't fuck around on him. He's so enlightened he becomes sissy wimp cuck with no backbone. No thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Brilliant and highly original

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well constructed and firmly balanced. Hard to imagine, though, that Greg would allow the situation to blossom/fester for so long.

I’d like to see more from this author. 5*

~Spiny

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If you use christianity alongside science as a qualifier for a conclusion then all you are doing is "creating" a situation that is decided by a series of thoughts, nothing more, which means any conclusion becomes valid depending on the persons thoughts regardless of any physical conditions.

Ergo, the story was stupid.

Cito22Cito225 months ago

Nice. A continuation of this would be nice.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I see no reason for the men to accept not knowing who slept with the guy. Why protect the department or the cheater? I would insist on knowing.

sdc97230sdc972305 months ago
Probably shouldn't examine Greg's presentation too closely

Hi real goal was the lead the diners by the nose to his big reveal about Emile, not to deliver an actual biology lesson, and since he was the only biologist at the table, he could have been spouting gobbledeygook with just enough real science to make it seem believable.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

ripe for continuation. There is the revelation of actions on the part of many but little in the way of conclusion.

PatricksonPatrickson5 months ago

A clever, well written dissection. There are a few mistakes, see the other commentators for details. A pleasure to read, thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story, good plot and explanation. the ending leaves things hanging though. unless that was the intention and only the philosophical side was meant to be portrayed. A conclusion to the relationship should be a good read if one was forthcoming!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was very very good. Made me think. How dare you?

.

I think the road to reconciliation for Greg and Quiara is hopefull, but long and hard. That Greg had already been seeking counsel probably tips the balance to success, but it’s still going to be hard fought.

.

As to the other couples…can’t see how a couple divorces don’t happen, as tne betrayals were widespread and in a couple cases actual physical cheating occurred.

.

Thank you for a very unique and enjoyable story!

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

All this blabbering just to try to make it acceptable the huge RAAC after all those prolonged cheatings ? And this MC should be the super-alpha male or just another idiot cuck ready to keep her slut cheating wife forever ? All this unbelievable pseudo-science just to promote this evident fempov unacceptable cheating-cuck behaviours ? Maybe in some remote femdom planet this could work. Not in this one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Fetish-cuck irrealistic fantasy dressed with pseudo science. Where are the tags "cuck" and "RAAC" ?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. I believe that many of the stories posted here are far too emotional and this one had plenty of emotion. But it also had some logic, something that is sorely lacking in most stories about a very illogical subject. Excellent source for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another totally one-sided cuck tale, defending the wives slut behaviours, and asking for the forgiveness of the cuck husbands. Totally irrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting marketing propaganda pro cheating slut wives and submissive cuck husbands. Another subtle contribution to the tons of cuck tales already in this LW category.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Unbelievable unacceptable huge RAAC, with a so called alpha-male behaving like the usual LW weak cuck husband. No good.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story, but I recommend checking out “The WEIRDest People in the World” by Joseph Heinrich. Essentially, you’re right about Christianity, but for the wrong reasons.

Tomh1966Tomh19665 months ago

Small back up of one of the things Greg said about further lying. I have a friend whose wife cheated. he confronted and decided to reconcile about a month after confronting.

He knew far more than she had any inkling. He asked questions of the affair to process it mentally.

She never lied about the affair when questioned and that is why they are still together.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor635 months ago

He is a stronger man than me. How much longer would she have held out and not have sex? He was on the mark when he asked his wife why she accepted the bracelet. She had lost respect for her husband and would soon have been in another man's bed.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very well done

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Too many mistakes for me to give it a high rating but since its a contest story I offer no score.

ctguy552000ctguy5520005 months ago

I think you should quit whatever you're doing and become a writer

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks for sharing…

Outstanding, bravo! 5*

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

Great Writing, Great Story and Great Plot for 10 Big Blazing stars. How Greg didn't make the asshole suffer and allow him to walk out of the room under his own power just goes to show what a Superior man he was, Because I wouldn't have EVER been able to do that. I promise only way he would have gotten out of the room would have been on a stretcher. LOL There are so many people that I have met in life that seem to think that the normal rules don't apply to them. That they can pretty much do what ever they want with out regard to anyone else. LOL carried out on a stretcher! LOL Thank God Ive always been a big strong guy to be able to defend myself. Regardless, Greg sure sounded smart, much smarter than me. Great writing. Thanks for the effort! Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Best Text of the Year! Congratulation.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hmm. Emotional affair is still cheating.

And over a year?

But bracelet is the worse

Couldnt see them staying together

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree with HDK in that it’s a different type of plot. I can only vaguely recall a similar one in which there’s a dinner party with an actor in the UK on this website (I can’t remember the name).

There have been fair objections in the comments re: abortion and STDs, but it think it would convolute the point of the exercise. Of course, Hellenistic paganism as far as I understand, also engaged in similar practices of monogamy (Augustus and Domitian attempting to outlaw adultery, unsuccessfully of course), but that also would make the Christian message murky. And of course, ranged tools of war also tipped the scales away from what Greg is going on about the brutal strength/harem analogy.

Overall, pretty well done. Better writers and editors than me could probably clean up some of the confusing aspects of the story. My last note would be that forgiveness cannot be truly given if information is withheld. So, Greg’s announcement that some women did fall to the seduction actually may have been counterproductive.

MartyMartiniMartyMartini5 months ago

Brilliant! I gave it a 5. You obviously did a lot of research, or your field is Biology.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I loved this! It was an unexpected and unique surprise. Oh, by the way, I for one, w,as intrigued and delighted by the uncommon character names. I kind of rolled them around in my head to savor them for a bit.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was a good story, but there was one paragraph that really didn't fit.

-

"If you don't and choose to be a hardass about it, you are declaring that you choose to live in the 'might makes right' world. And I will remind you all, in that world, your wife now belongs to me."

-

Sorry, but not accepting an unfaithful wife does not make it a 'might makes right' world. However, bullying them into accepting unfaithful wives, like any other bullying, is a classic 'might makes right' maneuver. Basically this one paragraph ripped the moral and logical ground out from under him, undermining the overall story as well.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny5 months ago

Greg was making so much sense until he said that if they divorce their wives then that would make them his and that forgiveness was the only route. That part is nonsense 8000 years ago as a slave they would have no choice, in the here and now they had multiple choices and I can't see how you could forgive a deception and conspiracy that long lasting.

GeriHatrickGeriHatrick5 months ago

A lot to unpack in short time. Well done

Frank66Frank665 months ago

Phenomenal story and very well done. Found it fascinating and well grounded. The only nitpick I would have is why he was so reluctant to start the discussion, when he had put so much planning into it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well done. One of the best ones out here. There were a couple of language errors, but in this case they can be easily overlooked as the setup easily outweighs them. As someone with a background in science I could very well relate to Greg's way of thinking. Thank you so much!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

For sure, the way to make an audience appreciate the monologue was to put it in a story where the audience appreciated the monologue.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I thought that I had left the lectures behind when I graduated. Issues involving biology, ethics and morals just aren't what I want to read about in the loving wives section on a porn site.

Lyon796Lyon7965 months ago

To say that this was a wonderfully crafted, intelligent and compelling story written beautifully would be an understatement. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Part of what made this story so interesting is how much ground the author covered: university faculty dynamics, human evolution, ethics, culture, exposing and confronting a seducer, Christianity and forgiveness, and how hard it can be to rest. That made this story stand out and far more interesting (even though most of the characters were minimally drawn, Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I have but one ???, Why did you use the names for the persons in your story?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow! Five stars just for the concept. The biology lesson was stunning and accurate. I liked the ‘hard’ scientific facts you used and how easily they dispel much of today’s fake science without calling them out in the story specifically. That part was left for the reader to ponder.

I agree with HDK, 1st to 3rd person issues can easily be fixed with an editor or by reading your own finished story aloud.

I laughed at the 32 million. Not gonna lie. One comment mentioned 321M as the correct number. That also made me laugh because the commenter relied on Mr Google for his info, which is almost always a very bad idea. With an open border, I can tell you it’s 345M bare minimum. Sorry Google, wrong again!

I digress. This is a great story, with or without the forgiveness. Revenge and retribution come in many forms, and this was… well, just brilliant.

Cookingwithgas

60022Mallard60022Mallard5 months ago

Well impressed.

Pragmatic approach to marital problems in the conclusion.

JustSomeWordsJustSomeWords5 months ago

Extremely well written and interesting story! Enjoyed the biology lesson as well! *5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not even a proper story, just a debate and has no place on this site. Unless you put it in the bdsm to readers section

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a great and in depth story. By beating the previous alpha he was now the alpha.

tazmuntazmun5 months ago

Like so many stories here to me, the ending is not sufficient. Too many things unseen, not dealt with. Frenchie for example, should be laying in a ditch somewhere minus a few important little bits. To my notion, it’s a bit of a shame that you didn’t explore the my harem aspect, that could’ve been really fun. A chance to explore the Alpha, beta, and add the new improved dirtiest, nastiest and sneakiest most important of all. I personally subscribe to the theory that men and women aren’t really truly at the root subscribed to modern thinking, and really, it’s still might make right situation when the chips are down. Or should I say, sneakiest, dirty, rotten, evil wins the pot, and the harem thing. When SHTF we find out!

hardworker5556hardworker55565 months ago

Beautifully written!

MormonJackMormonJack5 months ago

Brilliant story (just like al your other tales). Thank you! I especially loved the historical/clinical view of Christianity and the "stark facts" biology lesson.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester5 months ago

Very well done! I really liked how our hero, Greg, got to the point of the affair.

I would love a second chapter on how the wifes resolved their indiscretions, Elode in particular.

Thanks.

5*

hasbro_fanhasbro_fan5 months ago

Very nice story. Brain power vs. alpha male wins. Enjoy these dramas.

mac1729mac17295 months ago

Nicely told tale. A very creative approach to the LW trope.

Thanks for writing

GrandPaMGrandPaM5 months ago

That was a really nice fantasy; Well-written too. However, we all know that no group of humans, no matter their intellectual pedigrees, would be able to hold their emotional shit together through all that was depicted here. Thus, thus nice story falls onto the sharp rocks of reality for me when the emotions blow up the plot.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode665 months ago

A well-written and crafted story. Congratulations! 5 stars.

mainer42mainer425 months ago

As a Biologist and former Christian myself, I was enthralled with your story. Well done and a very direct way to engage in such a difficult topic here in modern times relating it to 8,000 years ago. Nice

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicago5 months ago

I'm not surprised this story is underrated as it is. It is clearly a thinking man's story. The cavemen with the inherent need to protect their ego will never understand this. 5-stars!

-JMFC

MissMudMissMud5 months ago

WOW! Never saw that coming! Surprise was complete! Great story!!

clarkgarbleclarkgarble5 months ago

5 stars! In her “You name it and I’ll do it” line at the end is the making of chapter 2, as she is clearly still trying to manipulate him!!!

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

That was very cerebral and quite a story and bit much for my less than genius mind to understand it all. It was entertaining though when I finally figured out what was happening. Thank you for good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermasustacy@masustacy
I am a writer who filling in time and learning some storytelling skills. Most of my stories involve married couples with fidelity issues. I’m well married, so I’m not sure where the angst comes from. — Update May 2024: I finished a Halloween story which missed Halloween by ...