All Comments on 'Christmas In Norway Tour'

by Jorunn

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
bigbob2406bigbob24065 months ago

Loved it.Thank you very much !!

jd3608jd36085 months ago

Loved your story. I have to admit that I hope it's true and that your mother and Gunner found each other. Even more I hope we get a story of how you found love.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19555 months ago

I loved this story and the way you told it. It was a heartfelt Christmas story with a wonderful ending. 5 stars easily. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very unique. A 5 star hug from me!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Jorunn was a very dislikable character. She was a bit of a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I quit reading in chapter 3 - it was just too slow

JorunnJorunn5 months agoAuthor

Thank you for your comments. Many writers draw upon their own experiences, and the way they look at life. This story is fiction, but I put a lot of me into it.

KaeyoKaeyo5 months ago

Wonderful (autobiographical?) story. Very much a feelgood tale. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There's talent here, but the character development of the women is utterly bizarre...implausible 180 degree turns and other poorly motivated developments.

Keep writing, but do more thinking about how people really behave.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A good story, but I wouldn't call it a BTB or a Loving Wives story. Sure, you included the elements, but they were a minor background note and not the focus of the story. I'm always a little disappointed when a story doesn't actually match the category, as it leaves unrealized expectations, causing the story to feel lacking.

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

1 star - nope the language and grammar differences are just too great to make any sense, at less then 1/2 of the first page.

Better luck with your next story, but please try a better translation program.

Havea nice day.

donner60donner605 months ago

Jorunn…..Takk skal du ha! Really enjoyed your story. Don’t let the nay sayers stop you from continuing your writing…. Thanks again!

BigDee44BigDee445 months ago

5 stars. I loved it all.

cyendreycyendrey5 months ago

I loved it, great story with a focus on positives. I was happily surprised when the story fod not segue bavk to America and his children. 5 stars!

MwestohioMwestohio5 months ago

Very nice story

BaggyUKBaggyUK5 months ago

What an exceptional writer you are. That was an excellent and entertaining story, extremely well written. Thank you very much. (I'm completely mystified by nixrox's comment of not understanding your use of the English language, it's far better than most on here but it is English and not Americanese, divided by a common language... ) I will definitely be looking at your other work. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting mid life change for Gunnar. I am glad he didn't end up with Jorunn, the age disparity was pretty big. And that's coming from someone who's grandfather was almost 30 years older than my grandmother. I would have also backed off the teasing play between Gunnar and Jorunn, mainly because there was so much initial tension between them. Jorunn could have recognized Gunnar as a match for Leah though and maybe introduced them momentarily at an earlier point in the tour. Nothing was said about Gunnar's kids. No closure there really. Still I liked it, it was different. I don't want to drag your 4+ star rating down, so it is a 5★ for me.

kelchakelcha5 months ago

5*

A superb tale. Thanks

BarryJames1952BarryJames19525 months ago

Marvelous work. Plus I learned a great deal about a different culture. Thank you for sharing your work.

aptonthe503aptonthe5035 months ago

Thank you for the excellent story! This was superior & a most enjoyable read. I really found the Norwegian story elements very intriguing which greatly complimented the overall story.

It would have been interesting to learn how the greedy children reacted.

Thank you and please keep writing!!

JorunnJorunn5 months agoAuthor

I do appreciate all the comments, both positive and negative. The fictional Jorunn character here is initially less friendly to Gunnar, because he is also a mature male character, and until she gets to know him, he may well turn out to be like her hated father. The major point in this story is describing the pain and fear that the mother and daughter have after the husband's affair. The turnaround happens, and I think it is a plausible one, when Jorunn discovers Gunnar is not like her father, and he gains her trust. After that she is able to bring back good memories of her father and other men. I ran this story through Grammarly (non-pay) and Word Grammar and Spell check. I accept the criticism of language and grammar, thank you for that comment, and will look closer at it. And yes, the excitement of a BTB is often in the details of how the non-cheating spouse gains the upper hand and drops the hammer on the cheating spouse. That is missing here, but isn't it more realistic that there will be a simple divorce? One easy thing to overlook here is that the cheating husband may have had some remorse, since he did not remove his wife and daughter from his life insurance policy. He knew he could not turn his life around, but still wanted to do something good for them. Again, thank you for all your comments, and keep them coming. I am here because I want to get better.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story. 5 stars. Thank you.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

A little bit plodding, but a decent story. Loosen up and try again.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That was a superior story!! Very seasonal, unique and quite enagaging! It creates a strong desire to visit Norway over Christmas!

Thank you for sharing and please write more!

-aptonthe503 (can't find my credentials at the moment)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I very much enjoyed this story. I believe the best stories can be fictional but are written on a foundation of a real experience. I look forward to additional stories from you. I do hope you enjoyed writing this as much as enjoyed reading it

literbachsliterbachs5 months ago

Lovely story. Thank you.

Frank66Frank665 months ago

In the hands of a less talented writer, this would be a boring documentary of life in Norway. Instead, I found it a delightful tale of some damaged individuals finding love again, in a delightful setting in Norway. A clear 5 from me and I'm going to have to read your other works.

PS: ignore 'Nixrox'- he has to be the crankiest old codger here, finding fault with nearly everything.

deependerdeepender5 months ago

Yes. A wonderful story in its many aspects. Well written, well told. You brought your characters along quite nicely.

Thank you so very much.

.

(Most negative commenters on LW stories make the same comments on each and every story regardless of style, content, and writing skill. With a little practice one can tune them out. Unfortunately, we are left with their low scores. I think maybe LW authors provide them with therapy: if they couldn't dump on stories they would surely run about kicking dogs.)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

As a Canadian of Norwegian descent many of your scenes were right on with my family tales.

Smiley1965Smiley19655 months ago

I thought it a feel good story that was more about romance than the loving wife. In spite of different view of category, I think it is deserving of 5 stars.

katranmankatranman5 months ago
excellent

*****stars!

212234521223455 months ago

What a great story! A wonderful way of finding a new life and love.

JorunnJorunn5 months agoAuthor

Again, thanks to all for your comments. The initial tease at Christmas Market between Jorunn and Gunnar was a re-awakening for Jorunn and brought back many happy memories, almost euphoria, helped with some Aquavit. The quick description of the rest of the tour did not have the same euphoria or teasing. I agree, the age difference was too great for the story to end with them together. (although the Mature category seems to have a lot of May-December stories). An interesting alternative to the limited bedroom scene might have been done by turning Jorunn into a matchmaker. I like that idea, and there could be lots of fun there. At the beginning, I wanted Gunnar to be able to stay in Norway and get married, so the adult kids lost out. I accept the comment 'what happened to them', and think a good ending would be reconciliation with the adult kids and maybe have them at the wedding (and go on a tour together?).

CptAmeripantsCptAmeripants5 months ago

This felt more like a love letter trying to bury a history and culture lesson about Norway than a story about loving wives.

It's not a bad story, but I kept waiting for the twist that would make it fit the category.

If I had to recategorize this, I'd put it in Romance.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Entertaining, interesting and informative, plus very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Being brought into another culture, language, history, nation, ... is wonderful. A very nice romance with characters that have INTEGRITY. Thanks. Wieliczka

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great writing and wonderful story. 5 stars 🤩😍

JorunnJorunn5 months agoAuthor

Again, thanks for the lovely comments. I had thought of the 'tour guide' as a one-time angle, but it does open up story ideas in every Lit category, depending on who takes the tours. Imagine, two couples take the tour, and one of the women is a Loving Wife with the other couple's husband. What's a tour guide to do when the infidelity is exposed? Or what happens if on a different tour, the husband falls for the Norwegian forest spirit known as a Huldra?

AlTendAlTend5 months ago

Thank you for writing and pulishing this wonderful story, it is a much needed new perspective in this category.

Very refreshing.

Al Tend

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great writing, nice mix of subtle humor, and a happy ending. Wonderful descriptions of Christmas in Norway. Fits OK into Loving Wives if you consider the recovery of the mother and daughter such that they reconciled their angst with men in general and began dating men again.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you for a wonderful story and for publishing it in LW. I probably wouldn't have noticed it in any other category, so I'm quite grateful for that. Have a wonderful christmas, just the way you like it!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the few stories, judged on content, construction and eloquence, thay I feel wrrant five stars.

Thank you, I will be looking for other gems from your excelent imagination.

Texasboy87Texasboy875 months ago

Such a unique storyline for this category. I very seldom give 5 stars to a story. Yours is so exceptional that I would like to give it 6 stars. Will be looking for more of your wonderful work.

patilliepatillie5 months ago

Very nice, some very good portions of writing. The poem sections I could do without. All tied up in a bow the way I like at the end. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This would make a lovely erotic hallmark Christmas movie! Terrific storytelling and great characters. 5 stars!

inka2222inka22225 months ago

A really good story, thank you! LOL at literally burning the bastard in the end. Fitting. Well written, likeable characters, and everyone's karma works as it should. Thank you and 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I loved your recent story. I really liked hearing about Norwegian traditions. As I never knew about my Norwegian heritage until recently, I learned about its traditions. This story was longer than your previous stories. I really liked that. I don’t normally read stories in the loving wives category I enjoyed this one because it was more about the healing after the betrayal than the betrayal itself. As always I love your stories and please keep on posting your stories here.

21% Norwegian

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow! I would give you 6 stars if I could. Great story line, history and of course sex.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters5 months ago

Excellent piece, more romance than LW, solid 5.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Likte dette veldig godt

I’ve spent lots of time in Norway, mainly paddling the fjords in the summer. This has inspired me to check it out in the winter too.

God jul! 🎄

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

A delightful story. 5 stars from Xluckylee

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
Limp

Limp ending,also trifle on the long side for what it was.

looking4itlooking4it5 months ago

Very nice story. Hank you for posting it!

mitchawamitchawa5 months ago

An excellent well-written story. The internal and external dialogue was close to perfect—exquisite detail about nature and the outdoor and indoor art of Norway. The long lead into the story was wonderful and led to Gunnar falling in love with Jorunn and Leah. Gunnar's restraint with Jorunn was unexpected but in keeping with his character. The love scenes were awesome and they fit the story like a jigsaw puzzle. The death and cremation of the former husband were also unexpected but added some additional detail. The ending was mild and I wanted to see Jorunn find a man as good as Gunnar.

2old2old5 months ago

What a perfect Christmas.

DrizdartDrizdart5 months ago

Making me wish for a visit to Norway, land of some of my family tree. Don't know that it would be at Christmas .... but doing it while it is still cold could certainly be in the realm of possibility.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft5 months ago

A lovely story, well told, with characters I would like to know in real life. It has been several decades since I last visited Norway, but your account of the many things to see and do there makes me want to go back, especially in the winter. I found it a bit unrealistic that the MC with a stroke severe enough to send him to a nursing home would then recover enough function to travel, drive a sledge, go ice skating and have such a great sex life. However, the phenomenon of neuroplasticity allows the brain to rewire itself after an injury and even recover a lot of function. On balance, the medical part is unlikely but still plausible. My Christmas wish is for all stroke patients recover as well as your MC! Regarding your English, it is excellent. I speak several languages, and well know how hard it can be to become fluent in another tongue. If I were as fluent in those other languages as you are in English, I would be thrilled. :) Thanks very much for publishing this fine story, and please keep writing. God Jul and 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked your story, even though I found myself skimming through the sex scenes. Four stars from me.

JPB

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Very interesting group of characters!

5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You made Norway so wonderful - enough to want to go on a tour

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very nice read 5 star work! Thank You for shareing.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

Enjoyed the story taking me to a place i will never have have a chance to visit. I know it is a beautiful place to see. I am glad Gunnar life improved. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you. In the twilight years of my life, you brought me wonderful dreams!

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

En eksepsjonell fortelling verdig fem fulle stjerner. Takk for din innsikt i ditt vakre land og arv.

Bravo! 👏

JorunnJorunn15 days agoAuthor

Tusen takk, Anonym. Jeg elsker Norge og vil dele det.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJorunn@Jorunn
A poet at heart, and writer of stories; of love, romance and nature's glories. There is some of me in all of my stories. I am a Huldra, a Shield-Maiden, and a Valkyrie. Jorunn Skaldmaer is an historical figure, one of the only known female Skaldic poets, and worked in the ...

SIMILAR Stories