Ciara Cadici Ch. 01

Story Info
A girl is forced to marry to secure her family's position.
2.3k words
3.94
21.1k
9
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 11/24/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Volo,' he said.

I do. His voice sounded clearly in the chapel.

She stood in front of the altar, in front of a man she didn't know. He looked back at her with dark eyes with long lashes.

'Will you take this man as your husband?'

She felt her uncle's eyes pierce in her back. He had organised this, this to secure one of the most powerful bonds ever made. She was by one of the mightiest families of Italy. Mighty, but with many foes. During their generations of success, they had made enemies. Jealous nobles, Italian families. Now these enemies were uniting, rallying against them, building an army. Their old rivals were on their borders on one side. On the other, the French, having just invaded Italy, and captured the stronghold of Milan.

Is this precarious time, they had taken a risk. Their family had to secure their power. And it was going to be through her.

After weeks of negotiating, it had been settled. A bargain had been struck. And the price? The price was her. She was to wed the French prince. And that would bring peace to Florence, her uncle thought. Marrying her to the foreigner invading their country.

She hadn't ever thought it would be like this, but she had known all her adult life she had to be married. Ever since her father died, she, as his only living child, had become the highest member of their mighty family after her uncle, and the richest woman in the peninsula. And her uncle had made it well clear that she served one single purpose: To be given away when the time was ripe, to secure a marriage that would further his position.

All her male friends from the city had been mercilessly rejected by her uncle, suitors turned away, even if they were from the highest nobility in the city. But then the moment came. France invaded Italy, and halted at Milan. They had to choose. And her uncle hadn't taken long to side with the enemy, given the instability at home.

'It is done,' he said, when he returned from Milan. 'You'll marry the French prince and King Henry and Florence will be allies. The wedding will take place on Wednesday'.

And here she was, standing in front of her husband to be. He had come alone, with a small retinue. His father had stayed in Milan. They were in the private chapel of their family, as a public marriage was sure to cause to be disturbed, given the position of the other nobles in the city on this marriage.

'Ciara Cadici,' she heard the priest repeat.

'Do you take this man as your husband?'

She looked down at her hands, demurely. Philippe held both her hands in hers.

'Volo,' she said, looking up, meeting his gaze.

****

The banquet was formal, but short. Next to her husband, she sat at the head of the table. A bit awkward. They had literally met a few hours ago.

When the clock hit 12, her uncle raised from the table and held a speech. 'Thank you for your presence and kind gifts, my friends.' he said. 'This union is blessed and will bring great prosperity to France and Florence. But the ritual of marriage is not finished yet!' Subdued sniggering rose from the table.

'It is time to go to bed!' her uncle said, raising his glass. 'My niece will make herself ready, and my nephew will follow soon after.'

All the guests got up, sliding their chairs back, lifting their glass. Ciara and Philippe got up as well. Her uncle walked to Ciara and took her hand. With a kind gesture of his head, he begged her to follow him, leading her out of the room.

They stepped in the patio. He handed her over to her maids, who were waiting for her to take her upstairs. 'Now go do your duty,' he said, harshly, his voice hard and cold.

****

She sat on the bed, looking down, waiting for her husband to come in. Her ladies had helped her undress. She wore nothing but her night shift, and a heavy embroidered dressing gown.

He came in. She heard him close the doors, silently.

He walked to her and stood still, shadowing over her. She hardly dared to look at him. Then, to her surprise, she sat next to her on the bed, taking her hand.

'I know you didn't want this marriage,' he said, softly, voice warm like molten honey.

She looked up at him and again met these deep, brown eyes. She didn't know what to say. He wasn't wrong.

'I had no choice,' she said, looking bravely into his eyes. He was dressed in his breeches and his shirt, opened at the neck. 'But I will do my best to be a good wife.'

He let out a small laugh, a chuckle. Almost as if that didn't seem to matter to him. Then he laid his hand on her cheek, stroking her soft skin with his thumb.

'At least you will be a beautiful one,' he said, with a hint of tease in his voice, but with a serious undertone.

She averted her eyes, blushing. He looked at her, her dark curling raven hair flowing around her shoulders, long lashes turned downward. High cheekbones, fine nose and soft lips glowing in the candle light. Apart from being blessed with great riches, Ciara Cadici had been blessed with great beauty. Her reputation had gone beyond Florence.

'You know...' he said, scooting a little away from her. 'It doesn't have to be tonight.' They both knew what he was talking about. 'We can do it whenever you want to,' he said softly.

She looked at him, confused. Could he read her mind? In truth, she had been scared, scared to be held in the hands of this man. And scared all her life of what she had heard was a painful part of womanly obligation. Scared of how her body to satisfy this man's lust. This man that she hardly knew.

She could hardly believe that her husband would take her thoughts into consideration on this matter. In fact, she didn't. She thought it was a trick.

'I want to do my duty,' she said, again averting her eyes downward. She lifted her hands and took the ribbons tying the low neck of her night shift. Trembling, she tried to undo them, getting ready to undress.

All of a sudden, he took her hand, closing his hand around hers, stopping her. His hand brushed the top of her breasts and rested on her skin as he held her. 'No,' he said softly. He squeezed her hand. 'I wont take you against your will.'

Frozen, she sat there, not knowing what to believe. She breathed in deeply, letting out a slow sigh of relief. Was he serious? Did he really care how she felt about this? Was he really doing this, for her?

'Come here,' he said, getting up. He pulled back the covers. 'We can just sleep tonight. First learn how it is to lay beside a man, before you learn to lay with one.'

Uncertain, she stood up. Before carefully stepping into the bed, she quickly let the dressing gown fall off her shoulders. Prudently, she went to lie on her side, with her back to him. Listening, she hard him blow out the candle and felt him step in the bed, behind her. He lay next to her, not touching. Nervous, she stayed awake, but he didn't make a move towards her. After a while, she heard the deep, long, calm breathing of sleep arise from his chest. Finally, she fell into a deep sleep.

****

The next day, Ciara and her husband, the prince of France, were having supper with her uncle and Guillermo, one of her old friends from the city, whom had come by to do some business with her uncle.

Whilst the men were submerged in conversation about politics and defences, Ciara shortly excused herself to go to her rooms.

She was just taking off her earrings and letting down her hair, when all of a sudden she heard stumbling downstairs. She heard things fall over, and there was shouting and heated talking. By a lot of men.

'No Madonna!' her chambermaid yelled, worriedly, as Ciara rushed to the door of her room to go to the noise and see what was happening.

She had almost reached the door, when all of a sudden it launched her way, and she stood in front of the tall body of a man, knife in hand. She looked at him, shocked, for a second. He had the weathered skin and scars of a man who had fought a lot in his life. Then he roughly grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her to him.

'NO!' she screamed, as she tried to hold ground and escape his grasp, but he dragged her down the stairs.

In the patio, the other men were gathered, surrounded by other mercenaries, knives at their throats. These mercenaries must have overrun the palazzo. What was going on?

She saw her husband twitch involuntarily as he saw his wife being brought in. But he said nothing, and looked with fire in his eyes to the man who held her.

'What do you want?' Her uncle shrieked to the mercenary holding her.

He was clearly the head of the group, and he laughed.

'Well,' he said. 'They sent us to kill you.' His voice sounded shockingly indifferent.

'But we can always do that later,' he continued. 'They hadn't told me such beautiful women were involved.'

He forcibly held her arms behind her back, and looked over her, letting his eyes trail over her face, and then her body. She looked far to the side, trying to get as far away from him as possible. Her long raven hair flowed down her shoulders. Her breasts, visible under the low cut neckline of her dress, moved up and down as she breathed quickly and shallowly.

The tension in the room was killing, everyone noticeably watching their every move in order not to escalate the situation.

'Now, I believe you were married yesterday?' the mercenary said, in a mockingly friendly tone, now directing himself to her husband.

'Lucky man,' he added.

'You leave her alone,' her husband said menacingly, glaring at him, losing his self-possession for a moment.

The mercenary's sharp laugh clattered down the patio. Still standing behind her, he closed his eyes, buried his face in her hair, and breathed in deeply. He motioned his arm to her front and ever so slowly, he let his finger trail over the line of her collarbone.

'No...' He said, opening his eyes. I'll think I'll have a taste of this first.'

'You wouldn't dare!', her old friend Guillermo shouted, outside of himself. He tried to shrug loose from the bandits. 'Leave her alone!'. Guillermo had always been a good friend, but also in love with her, she knew.

'I will kill you', her husband bit to the mercenary holding her, through his teeth.

It only seemed to encourage the leader of the gang more to provoke. He moved around to look her straight in the face. 'I will rape you', he said to her, cruelly. She winced. He went to stand in front of her and laid his hand in her neck, stroking her soft skin with his thumb. 'I will tear this dress off you and have you'. She looked into his eyes, her own filled with fire. Then he firmly gripped her face and kissed her.

She tasted his salty tongue as he forced it into her mouth. At the same time, she heard a racket break out. The mercenary tore his lips from her to look behind him what was happening.

Behind him, she could just see her husband whirl around and giving the guard holding him a blow on the neck, sinking him down. Simultaneously, she saw Guillermo overmastering his attacker. A fight erupted.

Quickly, she ducked down, diving for a knife that had fallen off the hands of one of the mercenaries. She saw the leader reaching for her, trying to recollect his hostage. But then he was blown off his course, by her husbands wrist crashing into his jaw.

In no time, the attackers were back in the tight control of the Cadici palazzo guard. Three of them were unconscious, one of them killed.

'Deliver them to the Bargello!' her uncle ordered, furious. 'to be HANGED!'

Her husband rushed to her and hugged her close to him.

'Are you all right?' he said, panicked.

He wiped her hair out of her face, searching for her eyes.

'Yes, yes, I'm all right,' she said, laying her hands on his. She pulled her dress back over her shoulder, that had slid off during the struggle.

Guillermo modestly stood a meter or so behind them, eyes filled with worry. 'I'm all right, really', she said, also looking Guillermo in the eye. But still she was shaking, shocked from the violence directed to her and her family, and the intent of the mercenaries.

'Who did this?' her husband asked with a raspy voice, filled with rage, looking around to her uncle, whilst still holding her face.

'I don't know,' her uncle replied, carefully avoiding to meet her eyes.

'It must be the work of the Fratelli's and those in league with them!' said Guillermo. 'Not everyone approves of your marriage,' he bit to Philippe, accusingly, looking at him with a look of masked blame.

Philippe closed his arms around Ciara again, pushing her face into his shoulder and hugging her tightly.

'See they are hanged for this,' he hissed, as he took her upstairs.

*****************