All Comments on 'City Boy'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My 2 cents

Excellent story! Thanks for your time and imagination.

wings65wings65over 3 years ago
It was very good

I am beginning to love romance stories more and this is one of my favorites

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 3 years ago
Five and a Fave

Good story. Liked it a lot. Nice pace. Certainly worth five stars.

Tiny point, though, some words are naturally plural, as in "the couple were..." and "his shorts were..." Not nitpicking, just trying to improve you.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 3 years ago
Thank you!

The perfect lazy Sunday, relaxing feel good story.

clownwclownwover 3 years ago

That was just Great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A thought or two....

I enjoyed your story!

Spent some time back in the country the last few days, back where I grew up. It was great to do a few chores with family, smell the fresh-plowed earth and generally work at re-setting that link, "you can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the xountry out of the boy!" The only sad thing during this visit, in the time of Covid, my brown-eyed, farmer's daughter couldn't be with me. There was a great view from the hay-field I'd have liked to have shared with her! And, yes....it most definitely would have been a "kissing date"! Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very good

Very good story about farm life and love good job.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 3 years ago
Absolutely fun read

Totally enjoyable great! hope there's more from you like this one.

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Good story

You hinted about Neal being one of the bad guys by reading between the lines. A definite 5 stars..

storycentralstorycentralover 3 years ago

A great read. Good characters, fully thought out plot, believable dialogue. And not too long. You hit a home run with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

My money for the insider was Rory. Great work, THANK YOU!!!!

IndecentMinivanIndecentMinivanover 3 years ago
Great Story!

I just couldn’t put it down after I started reading it. It was a fun, entertaining read.

I have a couple of questions for you. The first is why did Rory leave town? I get that people come and people go. Especially in small town farm life. But it seemed that Rory’s departure in the epilogue was out of the blue and suggested something else. I don’t know. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

Also, why did Carly not have any childhood friends? Again, I get the small town life where all the kids generally want to leave but I would think a few would stay behind. I just thought it was odd that she didn’t have anyone close outside of the farm.

I did enjoy the setup for Neal to be the bad guy. I was kind of surprised he didn’t act more surprised when the barn had not burned down overnight when he came to milk in the morning. But I didn’t pay too much attention to the farm layout. Maybe that was easily explained and I missed it.

In any case thank you for sharing this story with us. I appreciated it! And I’m looking forward to reading more of your work.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Great story very well done and well told. Love happily ever after endings! Only nit I have is how a farm of this size and fences to build and maintain didn't have a post hole attachment for one of the tractors, or a gas powered digger or ever a hand held (clam shell) digger. Digging 50 post holes with a spade? Really? But it did provide a vehicle for Carly and Jake to start breaking down some of the tension between them. Like Dad always said, "Nothing like hard work to cut through the BS!"

Just an old Ohio farm boy born and raised just across the border from where this story is set.

5 stars and gonna check out some of your other material. This one is impressive!

Cheers

SAGE

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 3 years ago

Never heard of a post hole digger...?

Even if a farmer didn't have a PTO auger at the very least they'd have post hole diggers...

No one uses shovels to dig holes for posts when they have a choice...

Sorry, it just threw off the story for me having done farm work...

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

Super sweet story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

God i love a nice smooth romance. My best friend grew up on a farm. Her family sold it several months after we met and moved to California to be near relatives. I remember riding up to visit her family. They were in the northeast kingdom of Vermont. We laid out on one of the fields one night and the night sky was unbelievable. I grew up in the city. I had never seen anything like it. There is nothing, absolutely nothing like making love outdoors in that environment.

ewray321ewray321over 3 years ago
Great Story

Very well written. Finally a story with a ending that does not leave you wondering how their life turned out.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Enjoyable Story

A really good read.

I agree with others about the post hole digger and also thought milking would be more automated. From what I remember most cows were ready to be milked after overnight in the fields and we're generally there waiting to go to the milking parlour.

But these are incidental and do not detract from an enjoyable read. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lovely

This a good story from start to finish. Wonderful build up and grest ending. Deserved a five star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

Post hole diggers? Sure Ambivalence, we all know of post hole diggers and the Power Take Off (PTO) shaft on tractors! 5 *s. Enjoyed this.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

Brilliant read. Defiantly worth t stars

burningloveburningloveabout 3 years ago

Great read! I enjoyed the twists and turns and the ending!

****** stars!

Burninglove

clearcreekclearcreekabout 3 years ago

another good story

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

good story, figured right away about the sabotage, been readn' for a long time, it was still a good story, keep writn'!

EmotionalEmotionalabout 3 years ago
awesome

Another awesome story, excellent!

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 3 years ago

Terrific Story

One of the best and most well written stories I have read in a long while. Keep it up.

Woodbgood

MDR1986MDR1986almost 3 years ago

Awesome story - as to not having post hole diggers, I figured it was her dad quarterbacking the whole relationship… forcing the two of them to spend the day together. He probably noticed they crushed on each other as kids or something and thought after she was still blaming him they needed a push

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Excellent story, the villain was a bit obvious, but with a cast that small it had to be I guess, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

this is so cute

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed your outstanding story.

Thank you for sharing.

5+++ stars is not enough.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a pleasure it is to read a story on Literotica that doesn't leave you hanging at the end. Thank you, CJ McCormick, for another well written romance tale that was excellent in every sense of the word. After reading several of your stories I will have to say you have become my new favorite author on this site. I just hope you continue to share your wonderful stories with us your readers. Well Done! 5+++++Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, but you don’t seem to understand how a law firm works.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

They *might* not have been able to get Cooper for any criminal actions - that would have depended on if Neil cut a deal. And since they *could* add attempted murder - swinging something big and metal at an old man's head has likely intent - he might have taken a deal.

But anyway, they have a likelihood of being able to get Cooper for a civil case if Neil called Cooper before *each* "accident"...

DuncanitaDuncanitaalmost 2 years ago

Dang, i really enjoyed this... now i ha e to read all 109 stories that you wrote... djeez, "thnx" for that, lol

5 stars

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961almost 2 years ago

what a fun little story I'm with dunanita . I need to check out more of your stories solid five thank you

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961almost 2 years ago

I LOVED this story. Neal was obvious but, hell, it was nice to see him go down. Loved the ending, I shed a happy tear. I am a sucker for romance. Love your writing. I just retired and started writing myself. I aspire to be as good at it as you are. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

First, I really enjoyed the story. As a country boy who's path took him to a (much smaller) city and always dreamed of being able to go back, it really pulled me in.

To all of you commenting about post hole diggers, I mostly agree, but found it plausible. What I didn't find plausible was them flinging the dirt 10 feet away from the hole. After all, you have to put it back in the hole around the post and tamp it down, so you don't want to be carrying it back from 10' away.

I grew up on a dairy farm and can attest that mastitis is nasty. In fact, I really don't even like to see strawberry milk thanks to it.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Best story I've read in a while. A great big thank you to the Author, first of his I've had the pleasure in reading. Favoriting NOW! 5 BIG ASS FLAMING NOVA STARS! Also a great BIG thank you for the honor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I did read the whole thing, and I did mostly enjoy it. The story was nicely paced and mostly held my interest throughout. A few things stood out. Details like the accounting in the legal firm and digging post holes by hand on the farm made me wonder if the author has any experience in either environment. The first few pages call Carly a fiery red-head eight too many times. That's got to be the laziest trope for red-headed women, especially on this site, and I almost back-paged out of the story from page two after reading that she was a fiery red-head *again,* but I stuck it out, and I'm glad I did. It was pretty clear from the outset that the problem was sabotage and who the saboteur was. To be honest, at many points my inner voice was reading this like it was an episode of Scooby Doo. Of course, the sabotage would have worked had it not been for those meddling kids. Sometimes we just want a well-written story with a simple plot and a bit of romance, and this story fits the bill.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

This was very enjoyable. The ending was much as I anticipated, but with Jake’s 8 years or more in the big city, I would have thought Cooper would have been wide open for damages in a civil suit that would have recouped losses at a minimum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow fantastic big 5 stars

JFpuff02JFpuff02about 1 year ago

Very entertaining story!

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed reading this love story. It was well, written. I liked the plot twist towards the end and the “happily ever after” ending. Thanks for writing and sharing it.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

I gave a 4 but never left a comment. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A farm is full overtime hard work.

Not too many family farms anymore.

Nice dream if you can afford it and your back is strong.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not very original, no surprising twists. Still a nice story with a heartwarming ending.

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Nice gentle story.. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really!? Absolutly no fcking one suspects Neal, after time and time again? These people are way too fcking trustimg to be real ffs

cutedaddy69cutedaddy694 months ago

Great story and great telling. Just funny they didn't sue Cooper for damages and then some. Before C got caught he would've settled outa court cuz Neal testifying would be too much of a threat, where C could end up being convicted for his crimes AND damages. They could have started running a profit right from the start!

tinfoilhattinfoilhat3 months ago

I used to work for a large package delivery company and didn't wear brown. I would deliver transmissions etc. Those dairy farms stunk so bad and they were covered in flies. That being said, this was a really good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

SIMILAR Stories