Civilization Aqua America Pt. 02

Story Info
Pandemic, Capital City, Politics, Holiday, De' lean Affect.
4.8k words
4.5
1.5k
3
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/15/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 2

2020 World Pandemic

The world started 2020 in a pandemic; however, this was not the case in the Ocean Cities. Their research teams had already investigated solutions to viral infections due to this civilization being indoor more than the surface nations. It was vital any flu source was eliminated, or they could face massive extinction at a moment's notice.

UV light disinfectant had been used for over 80 years to cleanse hospitals, surgical rooms, and airplanes.

Thus, the researcher's started with this technology.

What they found was UV light comes in three wavelengths A, B, and C with C being the safest and most powerful, however, due to the Earth's Ozone Layer it was unable to reach the earth's surface.

TfSs Advanced Technology Group and National Defense Agency, headed by Secretary Roger Jones began work immediately

A research paper stated, UVC ultraviolet light could be used in public settings but is limited due to its carcinogenic and cataractogenic properties. However, far-UVC light 9207-222 nm) efficiently inactivates bacteria without harm to exposed human or animal skin.

The lighting team headed by Gretchen and Matthew began around the clockwork with two teams of 250 personal. Gretchen took 6 am to 6 pm and Matthew took 6 pm to 6 am. Within six weeks they came up with far-UVC light adaptors that could modify existing lighting systems.

Indoor areas were lighted with far-UVC disinfectant radiation, and outdoor sports areas, parks, and indoor places of all kinds. Everywhere people traveled, this light instantaneously snapped, killed, or rendered all viruses inert.

If anyone traded with the land nations, as they arrived back, were decontaminated placed in quarantined for 30 days, before continuing routine activities including a complete physical examination paid for by the national health service.

At every entry port, were advanced Doppler Medical Scan machines along with other devices capable of detecting any recognized Virus. Besides, most transactions completed by the advanced robotic systems were all decontaminated as they returned.

This undersea civilization was well versed in the modern concepts of war, one which is the private reversal of all agreements the world attempted to invoke after World Wars one and two. They believed the biggest threat to world peace was the continual stockpiling of biological weapons from the United States, France, Russia, Chinese CCP, European Union, India, and Pakistan with many more not listed, and not nuclear weapons.

To this date, not one single citizen of Aqua America was infected with any viruses of any kind including colds, flues, or any of the Corona Virus Strains.

The Capital City

The area chosen for the groups' new Nation's Capital City was a sub-rise 300 miles due south of Tahiti near the Southwest Pacific Basin. The name chosen was Fabián City, which they referred to as the Crystal City. This city was in international waters and far away from Australia and South America, with the United States being distant to the northeast.

Things calmed down a bit after Matthew, Gretchen, and their teams solved the covid-19 pandemic issue facing the world. They wanted to help the surface nations but couldn't risk revealing their activities.

During a video conference, the underwater aeronautics team of Michael, Roger, and Stephan rented oil tankers to carry the Plastic-Steel shells' first shipment, due at the location sight. These will form the first underwater caisson capsules. Each team member assembled three groups of 50 men and women to complete the monumental task.

This first Caisson Capsule was 150 yards by 100 yards wide, more prominent than a Canadian football field, just for size comparison. Using the mini-subs controlled by the Mini Bots, these used retractable magnetic arms to hold the pieces. Simultaneously, the team connected the pieces already made to fit together like Legos; then, the seams would be welded together with the Steel plastics then covered with a thin layer of transparent molten aluminum. They were 5 feet thick but amazingly buoyant but especially along with their dome shape, able to withstand the deep-sea pressures.

The Capital City had grown to over 100,000 people, now a bustling underwater metropolis. The mining services struck oil, natural gas, coal, and all manner of precious stones. Five additional Cities 100 miles in a circle around the capital were in construction that could hold an additional 100 thousand people by the end of 2025.

The Caisson then flooded with seawater, it sunk to the ocean floor, then the water was suctioned out using a massive suction pump, the largest of its kind. After the Caisson were emptied, this caused a dome shape. Then, heating the seafloor with large heat blowers provided the engineering teams with an environment. They were building an electrical heating system on the ground common to a super tall skyscraper.

The next group up was the underwater aeronautics team who dried the ground. They added surface air pressure for this atmosphere that was under the ocean instead of being on land. They also were responsible for landscaping the seafloor, making it suitable for building areas of all types.

Then Gretchen and Matthews underwater lighting team arrived, setting up the lighting systems. Also, the large lumine lighting would provide additional heat to go along with acting as a mini sun in some respects.

They set up a solar advanced panel system called the lily pad, on the sea surface. These charged huge batteries inside the caisson capsule. Everyone was excited about the progress so far; things were developing better than expected.

After a quick meeting with everyone, the buildings should be made of rigid molded plastics and built waterproof.

They found an underwater hot springs geyser bigger and taller than Steamboat Geyser; the Yellowstone National Park's, world's tallest currently-active geyser. The geyser found they named the Tahiti after the Island city to the north.

To the north a few miles away from this geyser the underwater aeronautics team of Michael, Roger, and Stephan built an underwater domed hydroelectric power plant, thus providing all the capital city's power needs.

Crystal Cities Administrative, Library, and Elementary school's buildings thus were completed by the end of 2018.

One of the most significant projects was building a dome over the first one completed, and this one was 5 miles in circumference, taking all of 2019 and half of 2020 to finish.

Next up was Odessa and Alisha's Underwater Biosphere Gardening

Odessa and Alisha began the underwater biosphere; they gathered two teams of 100 people. Odessa's team took the area just inside the dome structure, the size of a four-lane highway in circumference all the way around. Alisha's team spread vegetation of all kinds throughout the interior of the city proper.

Matthew and Gretchen's lighting team did a fantastic job. It was perfect for growing vegetation from many different biospheres, whether desert, rain forest, and anything in-between. Work began and went around the clock in three teams for six months.

Odessa and Alisha's Biosphere teams paid particular attention to the drainage and soil revitalization programs, to ensure the land was not overused. Machine devices of all types were bought and eventually built by a member who invested in a tool manufacturing company. Work began building all business sectors such as information technology, Health care, Financials, Communication services, mechanical industries, real estate, and energy utilities.

Garden vegetables consisted of the following plants.

1. Corn harvested

2. Wheat for bread

3. legumes

4. Melons and squashes of all types

5. Lettuces

6. Tomatoes

7. Carrot types

8. Peppers hot and anything in between

9. Potato types

10 Onion types

11. Bok choy

12. Rice

13. Pineapples.

14. Wheat

15. Cotton

Odessa and Alisha worked hardily, loving every minute of what they did. After one year of growing their food, the city was self-sufficient. The teams then moved to the next municipality, with a community group taking over the food that eventually turned into a business, then a food grocery chain.

In 2021 five capsules one-half mile round were build attached to the ground by ten bonded steel plastic cables. In the center was a transportation capsule, this enabled movement between all underwater buildings. All five of these capsules are thus suspended in the middle of the ocean. The thought was in case of disasters, these would be free from damage from anything on the seafloor, especially earthquakes.

The co-leaders of the TfSs named these five cities; these eventually became regional Centers of commerce and political influence in time to come. These citied are called Odessa, Branson, McFleau, Twilight, and Moslonea. Roger Jones did not wish for a city to be named after him; he had other plans; this he went over at the next meeting. Roger was working on advanced security and defense systems like nothing the world has ever known.

The Fabian team discussed the transportation issue next; what they came up with was a capsule tube that connected all the cities as a highway system would above ground. Then expanded the Bot/subs into sub-busses operated by automation. Of course, any new system would have to withstand the pressures of being underwater in which they were very good at now.

Odessa brought up the fact that everyone needed a way to get a little sun from time to time, everyone agreed. Odessa, Michael, Stephan, and Gretchen took up the case. They developed Schematic drawings with an idea chosen, a large oval floating platform that rose five stories from the base 1000 acres, much bigger than New York City's central park. Five of these would be at the center of each of the five major underwater Aqua America cities.

The most significant advantage the new land had was no one had ever lived there before, no slavery. Everyone was paid for their work: no bloody wars or conquering other peoples or civilizations lands. There was plenty of room to prosper and advance, and with modern ways of thinking, families were thus planned, making abortions obsolete.

Beast's and creeping things

A group within the five sub-ocean cities calling themselves the animal institute asked the TfSs team for a conference to discuss animals. Discussed were livestock production and animal preservation. Agreed the topic needed addressing, the animal institute came up with several proposals. 1) development of a farmers' market for meat production of all types. 2) Animal preserves to protect endangered animals in large wildlife sanctuaries. 3) Domesticated animals, license, and management. A national department developed called Noah's ark; this would oversee all projects.

Eventually, an area between the five major cities was chosen as the country's animal preserve; this was a 50-mile area in its dome and multiple biospheres to house the animals. This area became a prominent tourist attraction. Also talked about was a larger size to be designed to float on the ocean's surface. Noah's ark department discussed birds, but nothing was agreed upon at this point.

Political/monetary system.

The whole TfSs team together like the colonials did 200 years ago, each of the team leaders brought 25 of their most trusted they have worked with over the years. They agreed that today's political systems were outdated, like the Republic of Rome, Democracy of the Greeks, and Socialism over the past 125 years.

They wanted to build a fresh new system of the 21st century.

The team came up with 1943's Abraham Maslow's teachings as the best and most modern philosophy; he taught basic needs a no-brainer, but none of the others believed in self-actualization.

To get the absolute best possible out of every person, no matter who or what you are. We will prove it works and build a society around its message and meaning. A person looked down on was not tolerated. From the newborn to the elderly, all can contribute in some manner or form.

Capitalism is deemed a foolish system because once a person has too much money, there is only power and influence left as your ultimate accomplishments. Loving money was the centerpiece of evil; this was a colossal mistake and undermined the people's will in the end.

Socialism is ridiculous; not every person is the same and will never be. Is everyone born equal? Yes, but afterward, there is a series of events that determine your value to society in the end; in other words, it is what you do with your equality that counts.

The new monetary system will have technological advancement at its core. Patents are only suitable for ten years of maximum profitability. The key here is to keep moving a blue-ocean business-employed understanding. No taxes were deemed necessary. The new country's financial banking is in its resources, growth, and development. The yearly tax form is how much you wish to give the government for the social good, collected by the Ad-IRS. Citizens of the Nation were encouraged to contribute as good for the country and its people.

Then there is the self-actualization commission overseen by the technologically advanced robotic computerized analysis system. You can get a personal talent review from it in as little as a month. The government will have people willing to advance and fund a viable idea.

At death, all estates funds were thus turned over to the government. No one could pass on millions to their Aires who contributed nothing to society; only a fund they could tap into was available reviewed by a robotic justice system that handled such matters. Only your abilities could cause your wealth which you could retain as long as you live. As the army slogan says, be all you can be, not your pappy.

The Capital city had grown to over 100,000 people, now a bustling underwater metropolis. The mining services struck oil, natural gas, coal, and all manner of precious stones. Five additional Cities 100 miles in a circle away from the capital city were in construction that could hold an additional 100,000 people by the end of 2025.

The psychology team put together the most advanced analyzing approach ever attempted; this involved a series of questions and answers. This mental analysis could detect the future mindset of anyone entering the new country. Self-esteem was critical; if one were deficient in this emotion, it could lead to multiple undesirable outcomes. However, there was a fine line between confidence and arrogance, but they created software so good it could even detect the most minimal difference.

TfSs team on Holiday

Wow has time flew by, it's 2024 Odessa is 27 years old now, as all of the TfSs team members are heading towards 30, everyone was excited by the efforts put into their new political system.

Michael asked Odessa," Hey remember at our college graduation you said,' 'we pledge to give you a different course of action, like nothing before we forge like our founding fathers,' 'to create a new world as nothing has gone before.?"

"Yes," Odessa answered.

"This is it Odessa, just as you said, we are forging like the founding members of America to create a completely new system, except they borrowed from the Romans," sincerely stated Michael.

The rest of the Cal Tech students, Gretchen, Stephan, Roger, Matthew, and Alisha all agreed Odessa's speech was a foresight of what their new society is becoming.

A few days later the guys decided to go on a getaway taking one of their new Robot vertical lift advanced jet-helicopters, to the Colorado alpine mountains ski resort.

The girls not being outdone took their trip to the Island of Vanuatu since the Polynesians had been so nice to them in the secrecy of their building projects, with many of their people instrumental in building and assisting with many of the research teams.

The girls called their Heli jet-copter, Rova.

Robot Rova flew the girls to the Island landing at Bauerfield Airport, they had been contacted by the prime minister of Vanuatu. Minister Moses greeted and thanked them. He informed them that Roger Jones had already agreed to a long-term defense accord with them and how his people had greatly been blessed by our underwater nation.

They thanked him then saying, "It was them who are being given the finest assistance more than money can buy."

The ladies were the official guest of the country, all-expenses paid. They were to live with one of the parliament leaders during their stay.

They swam and walked along Champagne beach, visited Mount Yasur, where the ancient Polynesians use to sacrifice women, to the volcano god.

"Yikes," Alisha said.

Gretchen motioned to Alisha with her hand for her to come over close to her, Alisha did. Gretchen whispered in her ear so Odessa could not hear, all of a sudden, the both of them grabbed Odessa laughing.

Odessa cried out, "let me go you hussies."

Laughing they both said, "Yeah we might be hussies, but you are an only child and probably still a virgin."

Gretchen said, "Let's offer her to the Volcano god for a good year."

Alisha began pulling her up the mountain, everyone was laughing.

Odessa said, "Let me go you killers, laughing."

Just then the tour guide official saw all the tussling of the three childish females, ordered them to knock it off or get kicked off the remaining tour of the Island.

They stopped getting inline, however were still laughing, and laughing.

They visited the Millennium cave and stayed the night in Mystery Island, they had a blast and a great time, and not to mention a good tan.

The guys arrived at Breckenridge ski resort keeping a low profile knowing they were being surveyed by several spy agencies around the world. Of course, a competition was of utmost importance.

No one knew how to ski making it a level playing field, all four guys signed up for instructions on how to ski, with them agreeing to have a beginner's Slalom competition between the four of them.

Each of the men got their trainers and kept their progress from each other, they did go out to restaurants and movies.

Two weeks into this holiday they decided to go bowling.

It became quite a show with Roger, Stephan scoring perfect strikes within the first four frames. Matthew three strikes and a spare, bringing up the rear Michael two strikes and spares. In the fifth frame, everyone scored strikes. In the sixth frame Stephan slipped up leaving a pin, Roger struck for the sixth time. Matthew struck and so did Michael.

Before the seventh frame, they took a pizza break tallying up the score.

Roger with perfect strikes through six frames, 120 pts.

Matthew five strikes and a spare, 120 pts.

Stephan had five strikes and he left one, 139 pts.

Michael four strikes and two spares, 108pts

Stephan was leading after the six frames but knew it was only because Roger's sixth frame was still being calculated.

In the seventh frame, they all struck.

The eighth frame was crazy, Roger began getting cocky and teasing the other guys. He said, "300 is in the bag." And Michael should ask the janitor for pointers, everyone laughed.

Michael returned, "I bet the janitor will get to 300 before you will," they all busted out in laughter.

It was Rogers turn he took the ball heading for the lane, he eyed the lane and was about to throw the ball, when a janitor with a mop came from behind a door at the end of the bowling lane that wasn't unusual, what was, is that it was a beautiful long haired blonde female.

Roger caught off guard looking, guttered his bowling ball.

All the guys started looking like roger did at the janitor, mouths open.

12