Clans of Luteri Bk. 02 Ch. 05-07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Although I'm not complaining, I thought you were trying to put it on and not take it off, Corsaire," he commented. "If you keep going backward you'll be back in bed with me soon, which I also wouldn't mind."

"I am putting it on," she seethed. "But I've wrapped it wrong and I have to do it over."

He got up and came to her, taking over as she blew out her breath again. He did it quickly.

"You're quite good at that, considering you learned how to do it in reverse," she muttered irritably.

His glance at her was startled, searching.

"Are you well, Aslin? You seem upset."

She narrowed her eyes at him, suspicious, but he wasn't mocking her.

"I'm fine," she snapped, frustrated at herself to be angry with him when he hadn't done anything, turning to find her slippers.

She couldn't find the second one. It was under the bed, she imagined, having crept under there by itself, evidently. She scowled and got on her knees on the carpet and reached under, looking just in time to see Kane's head tilting, his eyes on her bottom. She felt the slipper in her hand and pulled it out, straightening on her knees, glaring at him before she stood up. She was breathing a little fast.

He came to her, putting the back of his fingers against her cheek. His fingers came around, finding that place on the side of her neck that soothed her, rubbing it gently. She felt herself relaxing.

"Hai, hai, Aslin. What troubles you?"

She looked down at the slipper in her hand, realizing. The last time was in Alveria, at Jaime's estate when she was trapped in the room. She must have had it again on the ship, her eyes going up, counting the weeks. She had no idea what she'd done. She had no clear memory of that time. Although Miss Stram had briefly explained it would happen monthly when she had first gotten it, Aslin's had always come less frequently, every three months, exactly. Because she was Luterian, she supposed.

She looked at Kane and felt herself flush. They were married. She didn't know how she was supposed to handle this in Luterian society, but he should know she wouldn't be doing sex with him for a time. She took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Kane. I always feel this way before my—."

She gestured vaguely, hoping he would just guess what she meant. She didn't even know what Luterians called it. His brows were crooked. She waited.

"Your what, Corsaire?"

"My curse," she finally said, flushing again.

He frowned at her.

"You're cursed, Corsaire?" he said carefully. "I didn't know you believed in them, or in—What are they? Witches? That's an Alverian belief, isn't it?"

"Not that kind of curse," she said impatiently, giving it the Alverian name. "My malison, Kane."

He was still staring at her. She stared back, willing him to understand. Maybe she should talk to Helene.

"I don't know what you're saying, Aslin."

"My time," she said under her breath, leaning in. "My...woman's time."

He looked confused that her voice had dropped so low, glancing around them.

"We're alone, Aslin," he said.

She stared at him, and more, and his eyes finally lit.

"You're to bleed?" he said, sounding pleased.

She wrinkled her nose at his description, said so loud, her face still flushed, glad he understood now, glad they didn't have to talk about it anymore.

"Yes. I will see if Helene has supplies," she said, feeling a headache coming, closing her eyes, rubbing her temples. It was always awful. She hated it. "I'll stay in the rooms, I never feel well. You will probably want to leave me alone for a few days. Five, at least, actually."

Kane was quiet. She looked at him. He was gazing at her with the strangest expression on his face. She touched the bond. He immediately opened it.

Excitement. And he was...shy. Shy? She stared at him.

"What?" she said.

"I will leave you alone, Aslin, if you want it. But you're my oath. I'd be honored to witness it."

She peered at him. Witness it? In what way? She was abruptly annoyed again.

"What do you mean?"

"I could be here with you, if you would allow it. I wouldn't trouble you," he said, his eyes careful again.

He felt hopeful through the bond, like he was asking her for something he wanted.

"Why would you?" she said, utterly perplexed.

"I would enjoy seeing Shai's grace on you, Corsaire," he said, coming to her, one hand going to her back and his other hand going to her lower belly, rubbing firmly. It felt good. She hadn't realized how tense she was there. "Don't Alverian men celebrate this with their oaths?"

"Of course not. It's disgusting," she answered, frowning at him. "Wives hide it and their husbands avoid them until it's over."

He was shocked. She felt it through the bond.

"Why?"

"Because it's messy, Kane," she cried, embarrassed again to be talking about it.

"I wouldn't know, Aslin. It would be my first time with you, if you let me," Kane said, his hands going to her head, his thumbs rubbing her temples. Her head dropped back a little in relief. "I won't press if you want to be alone, but I would be grateful for it. I could help with the discomfort a little. I understand there will be some pain in your belly and your breasts will swell and be sensitive."

His eyes went to her breasts as she felt herself flush again to hear it described so bluntly, although his feelings were entirely desiring.

"I had it on the ship," she said.

"I wondered if you did. I don't remember, though. Do you?"

She shook her head. He had wondered about it?

"I had it before in Alveria," she pointed out.

What he was doing felt good, his hands on her neck and then her shoulders as he rubbed them, too.

"I know. I smelled it on you at the time," he said quietly.

She flushed, pulling away from him.

"You hardly need to say so," she said indignantly, although she didn't feel any disgust from him.

"Don't you remember I didn't sleep with you, Corsaire?"

She did remember now. He'd left Jaime's estate until it was over. She had thought she'd gotten lucky.

"You left."

"I didn't. I stayed away from you and slept in the next room."

There was still not disgust through the bond, despite what he said.

"I don't understand."

He was a little embarrassed himself, and shy again. He gestured.

"It was not my right to be there for it, Aslin. That's for the one gives you his oath. I didn't know I had."

She stared at him. Luterians were so strange. Well, they did worship a goddess. She went to the wardrobe, pulling out her cloak. It was cold, winter coming, and the Tavishi Hall was drafty. She sensed he was waiting. For her answer, she realized. She made a face.

"You're welcome to be with me while it's happening, Kane, if you want to so badly, but I still don't know why you would," she said, not looking at him.

When she turned around he was smiling. He came and took her face in his hands and kissed her.

"Thank you, Aslin. I'm honored. It's sacred for Luterians, Shai's grace on you, bringing the blood from your body that isn't hurt, preparing you for the possibility of a child. A man witnesses it for his oath, if she allows it. You will be fertile a week or two after, and I will know that too, from your smell."

He buried his face in her throat, snuffling at her. She pushed at his shoulders.

"Don't do that."

He pulled back and grinned.

"I have heard a woman can be irritable before her grace, Aslin. Can I get you anything?"

"No, thank you. I haven't started yet."

"You will today, I can smell it on you now."

"Stop saying that."

He leaned back. His eyes were on her face, appraising. She frowned at him.

"Are you hungry? I have heard it can make a woman hungry. I could go down and get food for us and bring it back here."

She eyed him. She looked away. She was a little hungry, yes. She looked back at him and smiled a little.

"All right," she said.

#

Kane was on his back beside her in the bed, a book on his lap. It was the second day of her grace, the strongest day, he'd been told. She was so secretive about it. She wouldn't let him look at her while she cared for herself. He didn't want to press, but he was curious. And aroused.

She was in a wrap, just come from a hot bath, lying on her side. He had hauled the water up for her, getting help from Colit, stopping him on the stairs on the way up with the buckets to say she was shy about bleeding, being raised Alverian, and asking him to stay quiet so she didn't know he was there. The man had nodded and smiled at him, leaving the buckets outside the door, clapping him on the shoulder.

Aslin was awake, but she hadn't moved in over an hour, and she was quiet. They'd said it was not a pain that a woman would feel so badly she'd yell with it, like birthing, but that it was achy and uncomfortable.

Kane set down the book, which he hadn't been reading, and curled up behind her. He brushed her hair from her face. She closed her eyes, liking it, he could tell. He caressed the small hairs at her neck and she sighed. His hand came around her slowly and he set it on her lower belly, rubbing there firmly. She allowed that, too, said it felt good. He let his hand slide up and cup her breast, rubbing her nipple with his thumb through the wrap.

She sat up immediately, pushing his hand away.

"I am not having sex with you right now, Kane," she said indignantly.

"I know," he said soothingly, pulling her down again. "I wouldn't ask, I know it's not the time."

She lay down reluctantly, turning on her back. His eyes went to her breasts. They were swollen larger, the nipples puffy, very sensitive, and would hurt too much if he weren't careful. He felt a surge of desire. He wanted this. His hand returned to her breast, his thumb brushing her nipple. He heard her breath catch and her hand came down over his, ready to push it away.

"I could help you in another way," he said, squeezing her nipple gently.

"How?" she said, her breathing a little rough.

"I could ease the pain in your belly, Corsaire, relax you," he said, baring her breast under the wrap.

"You're my oath. I would like to do this for you, if you'll let me."

"Do what?"

He took a swollen nipple into his mouth. She tasted different, a warning-away smell that sent his cock surging to have her under his hand anyway. Persuasion. The Corsaire was all about persuasion. He was gentle with her nipples, very gentle as they tightened, hardening. She sighed again, offering them, liking it.

His hand went to her leg, running slowly up her thigh. Hers came over it immediately and stopped him.

"What are you going to do?"

"Just touch you, Aslin. I won't go inside you. I wouldn't."

"But I'm—it's disgusting, Kane," she said.

"Not to me," he said, touching the bond.

She opened it. She felt his desire, he knew she did. He felt her ambivalence, her shyness, a feeling bordering on shame. She felt his indignation at that. She was staring at him. He waited. She slowly withdrew her hand from his, lying back. He felt a surge of elation, running his fingers up her thigh slowly as she spread her legs a little.

He slipped his fingers under the garment she wore. She tensed and he bent his head, licking her nipple, and the other, sucking gently until she relaxed a little. The padding was against his knuckles as he touched her pussy lips, pushing his fingers in gently, her legs spreading a little more.

Her scent filled the room, not smelling like injury blood at all, not coppery and full of pain but a rich, full smell that curled in his gut. On his fingers it was different than when she was wet with arousal, less slippery, more sticky, his fingers finding her clit and rubbing, still sucking her breasts very gently, alternating between them.

She closed her eyes. She was breathing fast as he pleasured her, her warning-away scent now mixed with the familiar smell of her arousal, heady.

He raised his head to watch her face when she climaxed, feeling it with her, his cock jumping, her eyes still closed, arching and crying out softly, her cheeks flushing. He felt a wave of feeling. He was pleased she let him do this. It was an intimate act for Luterian couples.

Her pulses slowed under his fingers and stopped. He slowly withdrew his fingers. She immediately closed her legs and opened her eyes and looked at his hand, as if the blood on it bothered her, and he decided, reluctantly, that putting his fingers in his mouth to taste it probably wouldn't please her.

Chapter Six

Ruthe stopped on the edge of Corsaire lands, expressionless. Kane was waiting alone on Shaol on Tavishi side facing him, also expressionless. After a week at Corsaire Hold, everything dark blue and black, Kane's colors looked foreign and strange, the golds and browns.

The Corsaire warriors with Ruthe stopped like a line had been drawn beneath their horses' feet, everybody ignoring each other. Aslin didn't stop, riding Ilian into Tavishi territory, smiling at Kane, touching the bond. Kane gave no outward indication, but he opened it, and his greeting through the bond was a caress. He had missed her.

Aslin turned and smiled openly at Ruthe, at Cort and Shalin and Bren.

Cort didn't talk much, a taciturn man who had lost his oath several years earlier, but Shalin could juggle and walk on his hands, showing her in the courtyard, while Bren reduced her to helpless laughter with his jokes.

Ruthe had asked her about Ilian. After that, she had spent a great deal of time with Ruthe and Ilian, learning Luterian whistles, Ruthe complaining that Kane hadn't taught her yet—she couldn't exactly explain they'd been busy with other things—and Aslin was learning how to ride better with just her legs.

She and her father had spent a whole day together. They had taken a long walk in the woodland, cold, winter coming, and come in to sit in front of the fire in Corsaire Hall, talking, everyone leaving them alone.

On her last day here, Mani and Lorita, both dark-haired and pretty, had taken her to the common bathing rooms, huge baths, different from Tavishi, the water hot, diverted, a constant flow that kept it clean. They had stripped in front of her, laughing when she was shy to do the same.

The women seemed to think her education in Alveria had been lacking, and they talked about women's bodies and men's bodies and sex until she was thoroughly shocked. They had given her the names for all the complicated parts between their legs, actually showing her, saying what purpose they served. Then they talked about different things they knew how to do with men—Lorita was Jesup's oath, and Mani had Eon's. They were so natural about it, and so unafraid, that Aslin relaxed a little, becoming curious.

When they were done bathing and making her blush and laugh, Lorita had braided her hair, taking a long time, and then Mani had rubbed her shoulders with oil, a pleasant scent. Lorita had gotten a razor and the oil and explained what she was going to do and why. Aslin had been doubtful, but Lorita did it first to herself, very careful, then Mani. Aslin had tried it, and then it had seemed like she might as well do the whole thing. Now she wasn't so sure, but they had given her a special razor to take with her.

When they had gone back to the Hall, all three of them, nobody had asked where they'd been all day, although Aslin had caught Bren staring at her. He had looked away and then glanced at her again, his eyes lingering. Then she'd caught the look her father had given to Ruthe, indicating Bren with his eyes, and when Bren had left the Hall shortly after that, Ruthe had followed.

At her smile at them, Ruthe's mouth quirked and Shalin winked at her, his face never moving. Bren nodded at her briefly, almost imperceptible, and Cort made a small gesture with his fingers, Kane seeing all of it and pretending he didn't notice. Then the Corsaire men turned and gone back the way they had come.

Once she and Kane had ridden a into Tavishi territory, Kane stopped them under the trees. He got off Shaol and came straight to her, pulling her off Ilian and into his arms, Aslin dropping the reins. Kane backed them away as Ilian turned her head, her ears back. When they were a safe distance, he kissed her.

"I have missed you, Corsaire," Kane said. "Did you enjoy your visit with your relatives?"

She nodded, very happy to see him.

"What have you done to your hair?" he said, looking at it.

Aslin grinned, her hand going up to touch the rows and long braids that came from it and hung below her waist, blue beads that clacked when she shook her head.

"Lorita did it. It took a long time. Do you like it?"

He turned her around, looking at it.

"It's very pretty. Corsaire women do this. I've seen it at festival. What else have you done different while you were with your relatives?"

Just what she hadn't really wanted him to ask just yet. Aslin felt a stab of nervousness. He felt it from her, narrowing his eyes. He suddenly looked at her ears, feeling the lobes.

"What have you done?" he demanded, looking down at her, turning her around again with his hands. "Did you pierce your belly button?"

She stared.

"Pierce? No!"

"Your nipples?"

"What?"

He was teasing her.

"Tavishi have heard rumors about Corsaire women. You didn't pierce—," he said, raising his brows.

She waited for him to finish.

"Never mind," he said after a moment. "What is it, then?"

"Nothing, Kane. It's something Corsaire women do. They showed me."

"It's perverted, isn't it?" he concluded, amusement through the bond, more teasing.

"It's not perverted," she objected, but she wasn't sure it wasn't and he felt that, too.

"Tell me," he insisted, looking at her all over as if he would see it.

"You'll just have to find out."

"I'll find out right now, Corsaire," he said, his fingers going to her ties.

She pushed his hands away, feeling his determination, pursing her lips and giving in.

"It'll grow back, Kane, if you don't like it. I don't have to continue to remove it."

His eyes went to her head and then straight down. He grinned at her lazily, but she felt his sudden intense interest, then a strong wave of desire from him. His hand went to her hip.

"Not all of it, I hope? I do like the color."

She shook her head, flushing.

"I left some...in the front," she said, her lips twitching.

He narrowed his eyes at her.

"So you were playing with your sex parts with Corsaire women, were you?"

She felt her cheeks go hot.

"We were bathing, Kane!"

"In the same tub?" he said, laughing.

"No, in the baths. They have large ones, underground. They're hot and there is plenty of room."

He was suddenly curious.

"Only women bathe together?"

In truth, she wasn't sure, a couple of comments Lorita had made making her wonder if perhaps the men were usually there and had stayed away because she was there, knowing she was shy.

"I was only there with Lorita and Mani," she said carefully.

"Did they touch you?" he said, humor building, his feelings suddenly entirely salacious.

She looked at him, confused.

"Yes."

His eyebrows went up, amusement through the bond as well as lust. He sensed her confusion at his reaction and smiled.

"It's nothing, Corsaire. Tavishi have heard that Corsaire women like to relax one another, but I'm unsure if it's true."

"It is relaxing," Aslin answered.

He was trying not to laugh, shaking his head.

"What are you talking about, Kane?" she said, beginning to feel cross.

"How did they touch you?"

"Lorita braided my hair," Aslin answered. "And Mani put oil on my skin."

He was trying harder not to laugh.

"Is that right. Where did she put the oil?"

"My shoulders."

Kane gave in to it, laughing.

"What is funny, Kane?" she said indignantly.

"Nothing, Corsaire," he said, finally getting it under control, although she felt it bubbling underneath. "Did you not feel the tiniest bit excited by what they did?"