Clem and Tracy Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She turned to the side facing me, "Enough about me. To start with I need to ask. Is your name really Clem?"

I was chuckling at her question, "Nah, not even close, it's Peter. And before you ask why everybody calls me Clem, we did a spoof play in eighth grade using old Red Skelton skits, I got to be, you guessed it, Clem Kadiddlehopper. I've been called Clem ever since, doesn't bother me. The only ones who call me Peter anymore are my sisters if they really want my attention, and the bank manager when I have to sign papers. Otherwise I'm just hayseed Clem."

We could hear stirrings in the bedroom, Tracy got up to see if Siobhan was awake, I heard some small talk, the bathroom door close and five minutes later watched as the tiny redheaded princess walked into the room with mommy. Her eyes looked sleepy, she crawled on mom's lap the minute Tracy sat. After soothing her daughter she turned her attention to me once more.

"Have you always lived her? Did you grow up on this farm?"

I nodded, "Born in this house matter of fact, me and my sisters were all born in the room Siobhan slept in. We grew up pullin tits, oops, sorry, milking cows, the oldest sister married right out of high school, she lives in Pensacola, Florida where her husband is a civilian flight instructor at Pensacola Air Station. Diane went to college, completing her degree about the same time she and Sean got pregnant, they got married right away. She works for the school system helping kids with speech impediments."

Tracy asked, "What about you? Just a farm boy?"

"You could say that, in a way. Pa was still alive when I left for college, he died in my senior year so we hired a guy to help ma with milking and the chores. When I graduated I came back to farm with ma, she died a little over a year ago, I sold the herd and most of the equipment. Now I just do my day job and play farmer evenings and weekends."

She was smiling when I stopped, "You went to college? You mentioned day job. What is your day job?"

"Forest management. I work for the Department of Forestry overseeing three counties during the day. I just finished my master's in business management, not sure what I'll do with it, it was something I wanted to do and could finish the majority of it online. There you have it, the whole enchilada."

She was smiling with a mischievous look, "So then the whole country boy schtik and vocabulary are just for show?"

I decided to play along, "Yup, probly so. Caint never tell what them thar farm boys is gonna do next, most of us hicks are dumber'n a rock to city folk."

We were laughing when I tried to explain, "Seriously though, if folks think I'm a down on the farm hayseed guy they aren't so guarded and are more accepting of my input. Most of my time is helping people manage the standing timber on their land, thinning, culling, opening the forest so there's room for decent growth. When the trees are mature enough to harvest they have me come in and tell them which to cut first. I can slog through the mud and spit with the best of them, that alone goes a long way with country folks."

Her face wrinkled up, "Eww, you don't chew do you? That's disgusting. How a woman could ever kiss a mouth like that is beyond me."

I put my hand up for her to stop, "Nope, I find it as unappealing as you do. I carry a package of sunflower seeds with me, I'm always spittin the shucks out. It puts me on an even plain with those that do chew, if I'm spittin while they're spittin, it's all good."

Siobhan was making noises about being hungry. I invited them to stay and have leftover chicken, she chose not to explaining she needed to get Siobhan home, bathed and into bed. Siobhan wanted me to carry her to the car, not that she needed to be carried, she simply wanted to be carried. With my arm under her tiny butt, her spindly legs akimbo my waist and her tiny arms around my neck we strolled to the car. Tracy had her buckled in and was about to leave when I asked.

"How old is your daughter?" Tracy held up four fingers as she sat inside and closed the door, with the window open she bid me goodnight and thanked me for a wonderful day.

"We should do it again sometime." I yelled as she was pulling away.

The brake lights came on, then the backup lights. Stopping a few feet from me she leaned out the window.

"I'd like that Clem, it really was a fun day."

I watched the taillights fade into the night as she turned off the valley road and onto the main highway. Scuffling my feet through the loose gravel on the driveway I smiled to myself. She was a nice lady, she seemed sincere, and that little girl, I could see myself wrapped around her finger in no time at all. I hadn't previously entertained the thought of a woman being in my life, much less one with a child, it seemed foreign. Lord knows there had been plenty of women along the way who wanted to partner up permanently, I just wasn't interested in that after what Maria had done to me years ago. Wrongfully, I must admit, I found that I trusted none of them.

Life went on as usual, I would see Tracy from time to time as I walked down the hall from my office and past hers. If we saw one another we would wave, that was about it. The building was over 130 years old and had no cafeteria, if you didn't bring a bag lunch many of the workers would eat at the little café down the street. Most days I wasn't anywhere near the courthouse mid-day. However, I'd been in the office all morning doing paperwork and decided to grab a bite at Fresco's. He and his family had moved to our berg from New York City twenty some years ago, they came with the express purpose of opening a café, the rest is history.

I was finishing the last of a roast beef sandwich covered in gravy with mashed potatoes on the side when the door opened, looking up it was Tracy. We made eye contact as she looked around, I gestured to have a seat with me. She made her way to the table and sat looking at me with a smile. Lulu Kornberg, the slightly chubby and overly friendly waitress, was at the table in a flash.

"Hey Clem, who's your friend and what can I get for you darlin?"

As Lulu walked away with the order Tracy looked at me, "Lulu, huh. Close friend of yours?"

"Nah, classmates. She lived in Mississippi for a few years when her now husband was stationed there with the Air Force. Biloxi I think. That's why she does the southern drawl and darlin bit. She was homecoming queen her senior year, put on a pound or two since then, but three kids will do that I suppose."

We chit chatted about work issues, people in the building, all the normal stuff you say to fill the void. When I asked about Siobhan her eyes lit up and twinkled.

"She's good. I was going to put her in pre-kindergarten classes this fall, but I think she's too young. Life will encroach soon enough without pushing it on her, I want her to be a little girl for a while longer. She talks about the picnic and how mister Clem let her drive the team of horses. Of course none of the kids in daycare believed her until I showed them the pictures I'd taken with my phone. She's hot stuff now."

I was laughing, "Hot stuff, at the age of four. She is one very sweet little girl, no way around that. Say, I need to run, I'll cover your lunch and let's do another picnic before winter sets in."

I dropped a twenty on the table. As I walked by Lulu I told her that Tracy's lunch was on me. I hadn't heard from nor seen her for a few weeks when I decided I'd go to the picture show with my nephews, some kid thing they wanted to see with Uncle Clem. We had settled in with popcorn and other assorted goodies when toward the front I saw red hair in the dim light, next to it on one side was Siobhan, next to that red hair on the other side was the new DA.

They were doing nothing but sitting next to each other, but that was enough for my tainted mind. My spidey senses suspected that she had a beau, time for me to not think of her any longer and simply get on with life. Which is what I did, the weeks flew by and before I knew it Thanksgiving was upon us. I spent the day with Diane and her family. The kids were outside playing, her hubby was in the other room watching a college game, Diane and I were washing dishes. It seemed so natural, we always washed dishes together when we were kids, this was nothing more than an extension of our childhood.

As kids growing up it was also when we would talk, it was no surprise when I heard her ask. "How are you and the redhead getting along after the picnic?"

I hmphed and spoke, "There's no redhead and me, she's going out with the new DA."

Diane turned to glare at me, "No she isn't. He asked her out once, that was all it took for her to figure out he's nothing but a skirt chaser and wants nothing to do with her little girl. Ask her out dummy."

I shook my head, "Nah, I don't think she's interested in a guy like me. To common. How do you know she only went out with him once?"

She laughed, "You know as well as I do there aint nuthin happens in this town that doesn't get talked about at the beauty parlor. I never ask any questions, I only listen. Word is she's wondering why you never invited her back to the farm for another picnic."

"Oh bullshit Di, she isn't interested in me. I'm better off being by myself."

I knew I'd fucked up royally when she spun, soapy water dripping off that long finger pointed in my face.

"For as smart as you are you can be a dumb shit at times. Dammit Peter, sometimes you really piss me off. How many effing years are you going to let Maria own your head? She's gone, she screwed up her life, for cryin out loud Peter the only who hasn't yet grasped that truth is you. I don't get to have nieces and nephews because you're too screwed up in the head to move on."

She grabbed a towel, dried her hands, threw it at me and announced, "Finish the dishes yourself."

I hadn't seen Diane that pissed since the time I accidentally walked in while she was bent over the couch and Harvey was buried balls deep. I didn't see anything, but that wasn't the point, I hadn't knocked to announce myself. As she stomped off Harvey came into the kitchen where I was still doing dishes.

"What the hell did you do to piss her off? She hasn't been that mad at you since... well, you know. What gives Clem?"

I explained as best I could until he put his hand up, "She's right, you are a dumb fuck. Give that girl a call you idiot, before you piss this opportunity away. Oh don't look at me like that, you want a woman and kids in your life, here's your chance to have both from the git-go. She isn't like the others, stop thinking every woman is like Maria. Gimme the wash rag."

I left once the dishes were done, Diane kissed my cheek as I left, but there was sadness in her eyes when I turned to walk out. Harvey called out above the noise of the football game.

"Call her Peter."

He always called me Clem, never Peter, hmmm, maybe I should give this more thought. It was just before five when I pulled in the driveway, my stomach was beginning to rumble. Why did I have to piss off my sister before she had a chance to send leftovers home with me? I was rummaging through the fridge when I decided to just go into town and grab a burger at one of the taverns. I had just finished and sat back to empty my beer when my phone pinged. It was sis.

Diane: Call her you dummy. Now.

Nothing more, just a simple five-word text. Staring at the screen I decided I would try a text first, not as much rejection in a text.

Me: Hi Tracy, it's Clem. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Tracy: It was okay, kind of lonesome with just Siobhan and me. And yours, did you have a good day?

Me: Kinda, sorta. Diane and I got into it so I chose to leave early.

Tracy: What??? You and your sister get along great. What on earth was there to fuss over?

Me: You

Tracy: Me? What's that supposed to mean?

Me: I said you were going out with the DA, she told me I was dumber than a rock.

Tracy: I'm not, and you are.

Me: Does that mean you'll go out with me on a date?

Tracy: You haven't asked me for a date. Rather assuming aren't you?

Me: Hmm, guess so. My apologies, maybe some other time.

Tracy: Not so quick. I have pumpkin pie that needs to be eaten. Are you interested? If so, I'll see you in twenty minutes. If not, I'll know you aren't serious about taking me out. It's in your hands Peter.

Hmmm, what to do? She called me Peter, that's unusual unless it was to deliberately get my attention. If it was, she succeeded, I could think of no reason to not go for pie. It was early enough, maybe Siobhan was still up. I contemplated for a minute or more before answering.

Me: Got whipped cream?

Tracy: I guess you'll need to show up to find out.

Me: Be there in ten

I tossed a twenty on the table for the waitress pointing to it as I left. The bill was only eight bucks, I was feeling generous, and I had told Tracy ten minutes. Be kinda ignorant to show up late when I told her I'd be there in ten. As I walked to her door I could see Siobhan in the front window, a smile on her face, jumping up and down, yelling something to whom I assumed was her mother. As I approached the door it swung wide, Siobhan was in front of Tracy and ran to me, I stooped just in time to pick her up for a tender neck squeezing hug. Dang I liked this little creature.

With her still in my arms Tracy smiled as she beckoned me inside. I set Siobhan on the floor, hung my jacket and looked at Tracy. The guy I had once been wanted to grab and kiss her, but I knew that would be presumptuous of me and stood smiling instead. Tracy gestured for me to follow her into the kitchen/dining area as she looked back over her shoulder.

"How are you tonight Peter? I was surprised when I saw snow on the ground this morning. It didn't stay as the day warmed, but seeing it brought to mind that cold isn't far behind."

She pointed to a chair at the table, Siobhan wiggled in next to me on her booster seat smiling from ear to ear.

"Mommy says you're gonna have pie with us. I wanted it before, she said I had to wait for you. Can we have it now mama?"

Tracy set a slim slice in front of Siobhan and raised her eyebrows at me.

"Umm, I'll have a bit more than that thank you. Maybe triple the size of that. Do you have any Kool-

Whip?"

Setting a huge piece of pie before she answered, "I do not have Kool-Whip. I have real whipped cream, I whipped it while we waited for you to get here. Still interested?"

Being a smart ass I couldn't resist, "Is the pope catholic?"

When we'd finished the pie along with a glass of milk Tracy looked at Siobhan, "Time for bed Skeeter, come on, let's get you washed up and into jammies."

"But mama."

That was as far as she got. With Tracys finger on Siobhan's lips she looked at her daughter lovingly, "I don't want to hear, but mama, I want to hear, yes mama. Now scoot, you can sit with Mr. Clem a few minutes after you're in jammies. Come on, let's go."

As she was walking down the hall with Siobhan Tracy looked at me, "And you stay put. Turn the TV on if you want."

I didn't want to watch anything on TV, certainly not a football game that isn't anything more than a political or social whatever agenda. No thanks, the days of football simply being a sport seemed to be a thing of the recent past. Siobhan came bounding into the room in some sort of princess pajama's and launched herself onto my lap. In her hand was a thin bedtime book.

"Mommy said I should ask you to read to me before bed, she's going potty."

I heard Tracy snap as she walked toward us, "Siobhan, he doesn't need to know that."

Siobhan wiggled into my lap and snuggled under my arm as I read the story. I'd seen my sisters read to their kids and tried to change my voice and punctuate things that were important. By the time I finished I was holding a very sleepy-eyed bundle of joy. I was going to set her on the couch when she grabbed hold of my neck.

"No, carry me to bed. Can he tuck me in mama?"

Tracy gave me a wondering look, "Would you want to do that Peter? I'll come with so she feels comfortable, and we have prayers before the lights go out."

As I stood it seemed the tiny stealer of my heart strings was light as a feather. Tracy pulled the covers back as I lay her down, I pulled the covers up and tucked them around her neck giving her a kiss on the forehead. Tracy gave her an extra mommy tuck or two, then led Siobhan in prayers for sweet sleep, protection over them, and a fun day tomorrow. I was watching from the doorway and walked ahead of Tracy back into the living room.

"Would you like a soft drink or a beer Peter? I think I have a beer or two in the fridge."

"Dr. Pepper if you have one, and what's with calling me Peter?"

As she handed me a glass with ice and a can of pop she looked me in the eye.

"That is your name, isn't it? Peter?"

"Yes, but everyone calls me Clem."

She bristled momentarily making me wonder if I'd somehow said something wrong.

"I'm not everyone, if we're going to give this thing a try, I have no desire to be lumped into the same bucket with everyone else."

What she said startled me momentarily, "What thing? What are we talking about?"

She laughed, "Your sister is right, you are dumber than a brick. Let's stop beating around the bush Peter, we both know there's something going on between us. It may or may not develop into anything permanent, but how will we know if we don't give it a shot?"

I had never been around a woman this confident, "Do you really think we could be good together?" I asked.

Tracy was looking at me intently, "I'll put my cards on the table, I'm not getting any younger and I want a family of more than Skeeter and me. I like what I know of you, that little girl adores you, and you don't seem to have issues about her not being your biological offspring. Yes... I do think we could make something of our attraction to each other."

I wasn't as sure as she was based upon my crummy past with women, but thought what the heck, and mumbled "Okay."

She gave me a look of exasperation, "Okay what Peter? Geez you're frustrating."

"Okay I'd like to see where this goes. Now I'll put my cards on the table. I'm scared shitless when I think of a long-term relationship based on my past. Siobhan isn't alone, I adore her as much as she does me. As for liking you... yes, I do... a lot. Like most men I'm afraid of rejection and haven't been brave enough to ask you out. So, what do we do from here?"

Standing she crossed the room and sat next to me. Taking my arm she put it around her shoulders and looked at me, "Now you kiss me and tell me how beautiful I am."

That first kiss was magical. She wasn't some big knockered babe with a six pack abdomen, toned legs and perky tits. She was to me the real deal, packaged perfectly, her small breasts were pushed into my chest as our tongues mingled, I estimated she was probably a solid B. Whatever size they were, they fit her body perfectly. I slid my free hand up her side destined for one of those delectable orbs when her hand stopped mine. Pulling back she whispered before planting her lips on mine again.

"Slow down, don't rush this. The moment has to be right. More kisses please."

We necked another twenty minutes before she suggested it was time for me to go before things got out of hand. At the door we were kissing when I slid my hand down her back and patted her butt twice. She pulled back and looked at me quizzically.

"Did you just pat my butt?"

"Uh, yeah, pa always patted ma on the butt when they kissed. Would you rather I didn't do that?"