Clem and Tracy Pt. 01

Story Info
Having been hurt before they approach love with caution.
11.1k words
4.79
12.7k
36

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 04/06/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
R410a
R410a
2,940 Followers

This isn't a fast paced let's hurry up and get into bed story. Part one is about character development, getting to know those involved and how each got where they are in life. There is no sexual penetration in part one, there's some flirtation and at the end of part one a tempting scenario which will pick up in the beginning of part two.

Clem and Tracy part one

The line to get fresh fried cheese curds seemed longer than usual for the annual Fall Festival happening in town. Two or three people ahead of you was typical, but not seven. Once a year the city closed off the main road through the middle of town, re-routed traffic around the city and had what was called a Fall Festival. The streets were lined with vendors of every sort up and down main street, everything from trinket jewelry to guys like me selling pumpkins and the last of late sweetcorn along with butternut and acorn squash.

As I stood patiently in line I felt a pair of little arms wrap around my leg, looking down was the cutest little red headed filly a guy could imagine. She couldn't have been more than four, if that. She was looking straight ahead at the line, I put my hand on her head and gently moved my fingers through her hair as I looked around for whoever she belonged to. To my left and back about three feet stood another red head, she had to be mommy. She was smiling as she watched, about that time the little girl looked up, realized I wasn't who she thought I was and screamed as she jumped back.

Mommy was there in a flash comforting and holding the little girl. As she looked up at me she asked the girl, "Did you think that was grandpa?" The teary-eyed girl nodded and buried her face in mama's chest. I motioned the lady to me.

"Are you waiting for curds as well?"

"Yes, but we were back further, I'm not sure I want to wait that long."

I smiled, "Stand in line with me, there are only four ahead of us now."

As she stood next to me the guy behind said rather rudely, "Hey babe, the line begins at the end."

Looking at him over my shoulder I told him she was with me. I'm not a big man, at five foot eleven and 205 pounds I consider myself average. My longish hair and trimmed beard could at times be intimidating to my advantage, this was one of them. He scoffed and was going to say something when I turned to fully face him and said.

"Yer fixin to piss me off Bucko. You sure that's what ya wanna do?" He shook his head. "Then back off."

Maybe my five-foot eleven muscled farm boy frame and a bit of crustiness was just what he needed to set him right, he got out of line and left. Mary Wistinn had been behind him, she moved up, touched my arm and said, "Thanks Clem, the guy was an ass."

"Do you know him Mary?" I asked.

"Nope, I think he's at the motel on the edge of town, probably a bird hunter from down south. The grouse are thick this year. I like those yokels coming here to spend their money, but some of them are a bit much to deal with. Who's your friend Clem, never seen her before."

I grinned as I looked to my left at mom and daughter, then back to Mary, "I have no idea."

Mary chuckled, "I was watching the little one, that was cute, and you were such a sweetheart Clem. You looked pretty good with that little one hugging your leg. So, miss mystery woman. Who might you be?"

With Mary and I looking at the lady the little one blurted out, "This is my mommy."

I grinned at the woman, "Well mommy, nice to meet you. Now that we've been formally introduced would you care to share a table with me while we eat our curds?"

"I'd like that. May I call you Clem?" She responded.

I nodded and handed her ten bucks, "Get us some fresh lemonade and commandeer a table, I'll meet you there."

It was obvious she was going to protest, Mary touched her arm, "Don't honey, he aint gonna listen to you anyway. Get those lemonade's and find a table, he's going to insist on paying no matter what you do."

I watched her walk toward the lemonade stand as I stepped up to the counter of the food trailer.

With a smile I spoke to an old classmate, "Afternoon Ellen, mighty busy today."

"Your tellin me, I've had to run to the creamery twice for more curd, I've never sold this much. I'm not complaining, it just upsets me we can't keep all the money we make. The governor and the feds take more than their fair share."

The creamery in our little berg had shut down years' prior, but the one in Mayville seven miles away was still making cheese, locals could stop in for curd most every day. People who have had curds in a restaurant aren't aware how good they are when they're fresh from the creamery. Nothing compares to it. I made the assumption my mystery guest would only want one order for herself that she would share with her daughter, being a big lug like myself I ordered two for me. They could have some of mine if they wanted more. I found the table and joined them. Handing the plate to the lady she set it down and looked at me.

"My name is Tracy. Thank you for being so kind. I didn't mean to cut in line like that. But when Siobhan hugged your leg it was too precious to ignore. She thought you were her late grandpa, my dad Seamus. Yes, we're of Irish descent, Dad was a first generation American. Unlike the rest of us his hair was brown like yours, tied back in a ponytail like yours and he had a gentleman's beard like yours. You know, not long and scraggy looking. It was easy for her to think you were her Daideo, it means old father. Sounds like daddyo, and that's what she called him, her daddyo. Thank you for being so kind to her, you didn't have to."

I laughed at that, "Oh yes I did. If ma were alive she'd box my ears in if I was rude to a little girl. Besides, that felt good, I've seen my sisters' kids do that to them, but it never happened to me before. Those little arms holding tight knowing they're safe and protected. A guy could get used to that."

With the curds finished we parted ways, I had no idea where she went and headed back to the trailer where my sister Diane had been holding down the fort. A smile crossed my face as I rounded the corner to see only a handful of pumpkins still on the trailer and a half dozen squash. I'd loaded over 50 pumpkins and about as many squash that morning. Diane looked at me and shared the same smile.

"We done good Clem."

I laughed again, it was her country girl quirky form of talking, in her real job she was a speech therapist. I chuckled and quipped, "Smart ass."

Selling the pumpkins and squash was by no means my only source of income, but I sure didn't wanna cart them home that night either. With it near four o'clock when things shut down, I was getting ready to pack it all away and who walked up but my red headed new friend.

"Hi. Is it too late to get a pumpkin, she wants one so bad. I walked home to get the wagon and I was afraid I'd miss the pumpkin guy, I didn't know it was you."

I gestured with my hand in a sweeping manner, "Take your pick, got a big one left and a few small, that one at the end is kinda medium sized, might be fun for her to carve."

"I'll take that one. What do I owe you?"

"Nuthin. Don't want your money. My pleasure seeing her smile, and it's one less I've gotta take home. Diane, tell this nice lady her monies no good today."

Diane grinned and looked at her, "He's right, your monies no good here today. How about a couple of acorn squash, they're delicious. No cost, just take them, please. We have so many we'll never eat them all. Or maybe you'd prefer the butternut, equally as good."

Tracy looked confused, "I've never cooked squash, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to start."

Diane dug in her pocket, handed her a business card and spoke, "Here's my number. Call me when you get home, I'll talk you through it."

With a butternut and acorn squash along with the pumpkin in a wagon we watched as they walked away. The little one turning to wave goodbye. I put the few pumpkins and squash in the back of the pickup instead of rolling around the low sided trailer getting bruised on the way home. Diane had sold out of tomatoes, potatoes and onions at about the same time, when she got to the truck she took my arm.

"So little brother, where did that beauty come from? Have you been holding back? Fess up, you know I can still take you over my knee."

I pushed her away as we belly laughed, "You could try, you haven't been able to hold me down since I was eleven, but I get your drift. Only met her a few hours ago. Not sure where she works but it must be in town if she went home to get the wagon."

Diane gently took my elbow, "She's a pretty one Clem. She seems to like you, give her a chance."

"Yeah, she's cute alright, and that little girl, she'll win your heart in a minute. You know as well as I do, I don't have time for a woman in my life. Once was enough."

Diane turned her face and spit, wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and snapped at me, "When the hell are you gonna get over her, geez. You look like a man, but sometimes you act like a pussy. Not all women are like Maria."

I had nothing to say, if I did, she'd know I agreed with her, it was better to live life alone and feeling trod upon than expend the time and effort needed to find and love another the way I did Maria. Two years of my life wasted, two years of thinking she was my girl, only to find out in her mind we were anything but exclusive. Being gone three months at a time for school didn't help, on the other hand, I managed to keep my dick in my pants. Not once did I cheat on her. No, we weren't married, thankfully, we were engaged to be, had she not gotten pregnant by one of her lovers who knows how long it may have gone on.

I considered myself an ignorant fool for not knowing, chalking it up to believing someone was being faithful because I was. I vowed at that point never to completely trust another woman. Yes, there were the booty calls, but both parties knew that's all they were. They were lookin for a cock as much as I was lookin for some pussy.

I always wore a condom except when Sandra Jenkins was home from college, I knew she wasn't in bed with anybody else, we were disease free and made sure we stayed that way. A long-term relationship wasn't in either of our futures, I worked in town and had the farm, she was going on to med school. What we did have in common was a desire to screw each other senseless. She was with me on the farm more than she was with her family whenever she came home. The one and only time her mother showed up to intervene and have her come home Sandra looked at her and said.

"Mother, I'm 22 and I'll sleep where I choose. I see you and daddy each day, and I sleep with Clem each night. I love you mom, now go away."

Well, okay then.

I was aware the redhead was new in town but had no idea where she worked. That is until I walked into the Register of Deeds office at the courthouse and whom should I see working at one of the desks? Tracy. We smiled and exchanged greetings, Elizabeth Swann, the office manager, stepped to the counter.

"What can I do for you Clem?"

"I need to have this deed filed."

When Elizabeth was finished Tracy got up from her desk and walked to me.

"Siobhan hasn't stopped talking about you since Saturday, she keeps talking about the nice man who gave her a pumpkin, and not just any pumpkin, a big pumpkin. She's so anxious to carve it. Say, we're going to do that Saturday afternoon, would you like to help. It will thrill her to no end."

For a fleeting moment I felt the noose tightening around my neck, but quickly shook off the feeling. I hadn't carved a pumpkin for years, it wouldn't be so bad. Then I got an idea.

"Say, why don't you guys come out to the farm to do that? She can see the chickens and ducks, there are a few late beef calves she might think are cute, and then there's a barn full of cats that love anyone who'll pet them. If it doesn't interfere with your plans, we could do a picnic lunch down by the creek. The maples and oak are beginning to turn, it'll be pretty."

She was staring at me as though she could see through me, "I haven't been on a picnic since high school and Siobhan has never been on one. What shall I bring? I can't show up empty handed."

"Grab some potato salad from the deli at Simpsons, my aunt works in the deli department and makes the best danged salad you've ever eaten. Tell me what you prefer for drinks, I'll take care of the rest. Here put your name and number in my phone, I'll text you with directions."

We said our goodbyes and I went on my way to the lumber yard. I talked Diane into making a batch of her County Fair first prize fried chicken on Friday and set about getting the wagon ready for Saturday morning. I was going to surprise Tracy and Siobhan by having the horses hitched up to a wagon. My team was older, I didn't use them anymore except for the occasional hayride or pulling a float in local parades. Dobbin and MaryLou were their names, I had done horse pulls with them years ago in high school, they were semi-retired now.

Most of the time they could be found in the south pasture or the barn if the weather was inclement, but I could always feel the energy and excitement in their behavior when I would harness them. They would snort and stomp their feet, tails swishing, muscles flexing and shivering. It would be no different this Saturday, the dew was still heavy when I walked to the lower edge of the pasture to get them. As soon as they saw me with a bunch of carrots in hand they knew we were on the way to the machine shed where they would be hitched up to a hay rack.

I decided to show them off a bit and braided their manes, they were ready to roll when I saw her car drive in. I'd left them in the shed with water and out of the sun. Tracy and Siobhan were excited to be on the farm, Siobhan wanted to carve the pumpkin right away. I convinced her to wait a little while, I had a surprise for her. Having them stay by their car I brought the team out in all their glory, heads held high, snorting softly, heavy feet clomping on the gravel drive, a cloud of dust billowed out with every step.

Siobhan was behind her mother, arms around her leg and peering past her thigh at the spectacle before her. When I stopped, the wagon was broadside her car about ten feet away, Tracy was all smiles. With her hand over her upper chest she sighed and said.

"Oh my. This is wonderful, I've never been around real live work horses before. Are we going to ride on the wagon?"

I nodded. "You bet, why don't we get Siobhan onto the wagon while I load the supplies. That'll give her a chance to relax and not be frightened."

Tracy looked on, "They're so big, my gosh, aren't you afraid they'll step on you?"

"Nope, been driving these two since high school and they aint ever stepped on me."

I walked toward Tracy, extended my arms to Siobhan and waited to see if she'd let me pick her up. To her mother's amazement she walked to me, I lifted her and walked in front of the team, she gingerly touched Dobbin's nose and then pulled it back.

"Mama, his nose is soft. You should feel it."

Tracy gave me a look of desperation, I needed to put her at ease. "On the wagon is a bag of carrots, grab two and bring them here, but keep them behind your back."

As she stood next to me I could feel her begin to relax, "Okay, reach both hands forth and present a carrot to each, when they have it let go, they'll be your friend for life."

Stepping forward slowly she extended her hands, the horses leaned and took a carrot, she quickly let go and stepped back with a giggle. With Siobhan still in my arms I put the palm of my hand on Tracy's lower back and guided her past the horses, putting Siobhan on the wagon I turned to Tracy. She looked bewildered, that is until I put my hands on her waist and lifted her onto the wagon. Another squeal as she flew through the air, setting her down I grabbed the edge of the rack and lifted myself to join them.

As soon as I took the reins the team knew what to do, their heads were lifted high as I said "walk", we were on our way. It was a half mile trek to the creek bottoms by way of field roads, time enough to have Tracy take the reins a minute, and then Siobhan helping me with them just before it was time to open a gate. The lane was lined with old Maple trees that draped over making it seem like a tunnel, they'd been there all my life and looked old even when I was young. On the other side of the creek was a small clearing where we had gone as a family on picnics for years, crossing a shallow area going to the other side the sun glistened off the rippling water. Tracy couldn't get over how something so simple could be so beautiful.

I'd spread blankets, we ate and were lying back with the sun cascading over our bodies, Siobhan was playing in the water where it was shallow. Suddenly she started to cry, Tracy got up and went to her. I couldn't see anything wrong, I knew there were no sharp rocks in that area.

Tracy asked as she hugged her, "Honey what's wrong? Did you hurt yourself?"

Her little body shook as she cried, looking at her mom with sadness she said softly, "I wet my pants."

I called over to Tracy, "Do you have dry clothes for her in the car?" She nodded. "Take her shorts off and let her play in her panties, they're already wet, aint gonna hurt anything now."

I was getting the evil eye from Tracy as I spoke, "No, I'm not some pervert. My nieces and nephews are about her age and they skinny dip in the deeper part down just a little further. I got no use for people who think little boys' and girls' bodies look sexy. I've got a 45 hollow point for what ails um."

By the time we'd gotten back to the farm, her getting her daughter into some dry clothes and we'd carved the pumpkin, we were looking at one very tired little girl. Tracy looked at me with sadness.

"Today has been great, I wish we could stay longer but she needs a nap. She won't want to take one, but she needs one, she'll be out in two minutes."

I had another idea, "You can put her down in ma's old room if you want. There's lots of chicken left over, why don't you stay a while. I'll go unharness the horses and put them out to pasture while you lay her down."

I offered her an assortment of cold drinks when I got back to the house, she chose an orange soft drink and I had a Dr Pepper. She was fun and easy to talk with, I found myself beginning to relax.

"So, what brought you to our little town?" I asked. "You can't have been here long, I haven't seen you around."

She nodded and smiled, "I answered an online ad for the position in the clerk's office, I had the education and the experience, I passed the interviews and was hired nine weeks ago. I held a similar position in Milwaukee before coming here, it's been a culture shock for sure."

I was curious, "Do you like it? Is it to small town for you?"

She grinned, "No, quite the opposite, I love it here. I needed to get away from the rat race, my folks have passed and the only brother I have is on drugs more than not. It was time to leave. I remembered spending a few weeks each summer at my grandparents' farm. I knew someplace like this was where I wanted to raise my daughter."

"I noticed you aren't wearing a ring. Are you divorced or a widow?"

She stiffened up before settling back and answering, "No husband, never been married. I made a onetime mistake that resulted in my darling daughter. And before you ask, my cousin visited from Ireland right after I turned 19, which would have been fine, except he brought a friend with him. They stayed at our house a month before returning, just enough time for the friend to charm the pants off a city girl the night before they went home."

"Does he know he has a daughter?"

She bristled again, "No, and I have no plans to inform him either. I was a virgin when he wormed his way between my legs, six weeks later I knew I was pregnant. It was a shit year, I was knocked up and in school. After Siobhan was born my mom and dad watched and helped raise the baby while I finished my associates degree. Sadly dad died when she was three and mom died eleven months ago. Like I said before, my brother is a drug addict, I have no idea where he is or if he's even alive."

R410a
R410a
2,940 Followers