Closer Cop

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Their conversations revealed some further information of interest. The cousins were now attending the state university about fifty miles away. After I heard them mention it, I remembered them talking about it when they were here for their Swim Fest turned Sex Fest. Neither cousin had classes on Tuesday or Thursday afternoon. That explained a few things.

First, I now understood why Stella had suddenly changed her work schedule this fall. She used to work four ten-hour days, Monday through Thursday. She had changed to three ten-hour days which fell on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then she had two five-hour days which fell on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. She said the changes were mandated by management, but I suspect it was all done at her request. She was home by noon on the days her cousins would be visiting. That explained a lot!

I thought that conversation in the living room was bad until I saw what happened in the guest bedroom

I'm not sure "orgy" is a strong enough word to describe what I saw. First, they helped each other undress. Then they started some intense foreplay on the bed. One of the cousins pulled a handful of condoms out of his backpack.

I was surprised when Stella said, "I have some good news for you guys today. I've been on the pill for ten days. Now, it's safe for us to go bareback. I'm sure we'll all enjoy it even more without that layer of rubber between yours and mine.

One of the cousins remarked that he thought she was trying to have children. She said, "Jake and I are officially trying to get me pregnant, but I've put that on hold for obvious reasons."

"Is Jake alright with that?" they asked.

"He has to be since he doesn't know. He would be furious if he knew I was on the pill. If he found out, it would lead to some questions that I'm not prepared to answer. I don't think I could live without what the three of us are doing, but I don't want to lose Jake and my marriage either. This way, what he doesn't know won't hurt him."

She went on to bemoan the fact that I seemed to be noticing a difference in her behavior. She mentioned that the last time we had sex, when we finished, I had just headed straight to the bathroom. The time we used to spend in a loving afterglow had disappeared. She admitted that she had enjoyed the afterglow as much as the sex. She missed it.

She went on to mention that she had been avoiding marital sex on Tuesdays and Thursdays by claiming that she was "not in the mood." That was true! For one thing, she was already completely sated, but she also didn't want to risk me noticing something that she somehow had failed to hide. She admitted that I was visibly upset by her refusals. She'd never refused me before she started participating in those "cousin encounters." Then she mentioned that recently, I didn't even try to initiate anything. She said that worried her.

There was a lot of sexual activity on that video. They did everything imaginable, but most of the time was spent in double penetration, which they accomplished in three different ways. I'm far from an expert in that act, so I can't give those variations names. I can only say that the first variation featured her in the doggie position. My view was somewhat blocked by their bodies, but from their facial and vocal expressions, they were enjoying themselves immensely. The second variation featured her in the missionary position facing forward. One cousin was under her with his dick in her ass while the other one was taking her pussy in near- missionary style. They seemed to like that one even more! In both of those positions, each cousin was able to move quite vigorously in her holes. Sometimes the guy facing her even managed to kiss her! She obviously liked that position the most. The third position was used less frequently. For one thing, it seemed to be more difficult to do. The cousins held her between them in the air in an upright position, one in front of her and one behind. She more or less just lowered herself down on their pricks allowing them to enter her nearest hole. She held their shoulders and attempted to move up and down while they squatted and straightened. Those efforts produced the sliding penetration that they were seeking. It may not have been their favorite way of obtaining DP, but they didn't avoid it.

I must admit, they're experts in all of those DP methods. When it was over, there were quarts of cum in her nether holes and her face showed nothing short of ecstasy. It sickened me.

There was very little conversation when they got seriously into their fornication. Of course, fornication to them is adultery to me!

One would think that watching those multiple couplings in that video would be the primary event leading to the end of my marriage, and that certainly played a big part, but it was the afterward-conversation that sealed the fate of my marriage. Some things that she said drove nails in the coffin.

After watching the video, I called a divorce attorney. I was able to get an appointment for Monday afternoon. I avoided Stella in every way possible all weekend. She made several attempts to get me interested in her sexually, but I didn't bite. There was no kissing, no cuddling, and no pillow talk. I was through trying to save a failed marriage.

Finally, she decided to take the bull by the horns. She said those five ominous words: "Honey, we need to talk." I was ready.

She started by saying that she knew there was something wrong. I was no longer kissing her, let alone having sex with her. "What have I done?" she asked.

"It sounds like you're feeling guilty about something," I answered.

"I feel bad about whatever has turned you away from me, but how can I feel guilty if I don't know what I'm guilty of," she retorted.

"Well, you think about everything you've been doing, say for the last several months. If you can identify something that might bother me, we can talk about it. If you can't think of anything like that, then it must be my fault."

"Answer me this, Jake; is there something bothering you?"

"Have I mentioned anything, Stella? Have I said anything to make you think something's bothering me?" I queried.

"No, but it's what you haven't been saying and your actions that tell me something is wrong," she sobbed.

"My God, woman! You just admitted that I've said nothing to indicate that there is anything wrong. I asked you to search your mind for something you've done that could bother me and you came up with nothing. It appears to me that we are in some kind of crazy stand-off."

With that, I left the room and she kept sobbing.

We continued to just coexist in the same house until we went to work on Monday. I took an extended lunch period to talk to my attorney that afternoon. I took the video and my evidence cooler with me. After viewing the video, he said we were in the driver's seat. "Our state allows filing for adultery. The video proves adultery beyond any doubt," he stated.

He took the condoms from my evidence cooler and had his assistant take them to the lab. That would give us even more proof. He indicated the settlement would be a "piece of cake."

He said that the papers would be ready by Wednesday. It was decided that I would personally serve her at home. As much as I hated what she did, I would take no pleasure in humiliating her at work. I thanked him and left. I guess I should have been happy to be getting rid of the bitch, but that wasn't what I was feeling. I felt betrayed, confused, and an all-consuming regret. I'd loved Stella with my whole heart, but I could never forget the words she had said on that video.

When I got home Monday evening, Stella was as nervous as whore in church. She apologized for not having anything for supper. I just grabbed my phone and ordered pizza.

She said, "I'm sorry Jake. I'm just so upset. I barely made it through work today. I'm a wreck. Please forgive me for whatever I did to upset you so much."

I said, "We talked about this, Stella. As I remember, you can't think of anything you've done that should bother me and you don't recall me complaining about anything. I think we gave up on that."

"But, Jake, you're treating me like shit. Please tell me why?"

"When have I treated you badly in any way?"

"You don't touch me anymore. It's like you don't love me and don't want to have sex with me."

"I don't remember it that way, Stella. I remember making moves and being stopped cold when you told me that you were 'not in the mood.' It happened last Tuesday, the Thursday before that, and the Tuesday before that. Maybe you can't handle those five-hour workdays! I would have thought you would be rested and eager to get it on, but what do I know? One thing I know is that you never told me you were out of the mood ever before during our marriage. Not until you started working those five-hour days.

"Now, let's turn to your ten-hour days. You allowed me to have my way with you, but you were somewhere else. It was all one-sided. It was more like you were doing your duty instead of participating in the ultimate act of love. I don't want more of either thing, so I just avoid it. I don't want to risk being hurt and emasculated by you anymore."

"What are you saying, Jake? Are you through with our marriage? Are you through with me? Are you going to leave me?"

"All of that depends on you, Stella. It all depends on you."

"How can I do anything if you won't give me a chance. You treat me like a roommate, not a wife."

She began to sob. I turned, walked to my chair, and began watching a news program on PBS. She sat in her chair and watched with me.

Her phone rang. She said, "Honey, I have to take this." She walked to our bedroom and shut the door. I couldn't hear what she was saying, but I knew I had it covered with my altered smoke detectors.

I connected to the base station with my laptop, grabbed my headphones, and began to listen to her conversation in real-time. She was talking to her cousins. She asked if they had her on speaker and if anyone else was with them? They affirmed that they both could hear her and that nobody else was there. She said, "I have to call this off. Jake is behaving very strangely. I don't know what he knows, but he knows something."

"Are you sure that he knows? Maybe he just suspects something."

"It doesn't matter. Either way, he has cut me out of his life. We are just roommates instead of husband and wife. He doesn't touch me anymore. I need to call it off."

"Ok. We'll skip tomorrow. Maybe things will be better by Thursday."

"You don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not calling off tomorrow, I'm calling off the whole thing."

"You know that won't work, Stella. You've said it yourself. You live in two different worlds now. You need both of them."

"I thought that was true, but one of those worlds is falling apart and I need to put it together again. That's what I have to do. Everything else is expendable, but not my marriage. Don't show up tomorrow or any other time unless you call ahead. You can visit anytime, as long as Jake is here and able to swim."

I have to admit that she seems to be trying to apply the brakes. Sometimes, however, doing the right thing too late is just that; too late.

When I got back from lunch on Tuesday, I got a call from Stella. She told me that she was not going to be leaving early anymore on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She had told her manager that the new schedule was not working out for her and he had changed it back to four ten-hour days, Monday through Thursday. She just needed me to know not to expect her to be home when I got there.

I said, "I thought you told me that management had mandated that change. I'm surprised they would change it back at your request. Especially so quickly."

"I was surprised too," she answered. "I thought that perhaps they recognized how upset I was, but that wasn't it. They said they'd been thinking about changing back for quite a while. My request just speeded it up."

"Well, I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for letting me know."

After we hung up, I began to suspect this could be a cover for moving the orgy to another location. Maybe that phone call last night was a setup too. I knew what to do. I placed a call to her company phone.

She answered on the second ring. I could hear Mary and June talking in the background. She was at work just like she said. I recovered quickly and said, "I forgot to ask, do you want me to get some carry-out for us tonight?"

"That would be great, thanks for thinking of it."

"No problem. See you later."

It seems like her "lying" has turned into "truthing", as the song said.

On my way home, as I passed Marcie's gift shop, I noticed a pretty plaque in the window that read, "Avoid Even the Appearance of Impropriety." I pulled over to take a closer look. As I was examining it, Marcie herself came over to wait on me. It was probably because I was in uniform. She had obviously read my badge when she said, "There's quite a story behind that piece of merchandise, officer Robbins."

I told her I liked it because my boss, Sheriff Stevenson, often stressed that very point at our meetings. I said that it would be a nice touch to place it in our conference room.

Marcie told me that she had picked up four of those plaques from one of the full-time flea markets that she attended regularly. She said, "The owner told me that she remembered the lady who sold those plaques. She'd bought them just a few weeks before and here she was, doing a sell-back with tears in her eyes."

Anyway, for those of you that remember Paul Harvey; Marcie told me "the rest of the story." Here's what she said:

The woman that was selling the plaques was named Janet. She had been happily married to Brad. She met Steve at a conference that was hosted by the company she worked for. Steve was an army captain. As it turned out, the two of them ended up working together on a conference-related project. As their project progressed, they became good friends. They had lunch together every day.

When Brad saw them having lunch at the Hilton, he warned her to stop seeing Steve outside of the office. She ignored that warning. In fact, not only did they continue to have those lunches, they even took a couple of day trips together. It soon began to look more and more like an emotional affair.

After the conference ended and Steve had left, Brad was still upset. He initiated a confrontation with their children present. Janet swore that the relationship never became physical and that she didn't commit adultery.

She didn't realize that Brad had hired a private investigator. Between what Brad picked up on his own and what he learned from the PI, he was certain that, at the very least, Janet had an emotional affair. Most likely, it was an adulterous affair. Either way, Brad couldn't trust her anymore.

That ultimately led to Brad accepting a foreign-country assignment with his company for a month. He intended to use that month to think about Janet and his marriage. He needed some time alone to digest what he knew and choose what course of action would be appropriate. Luckily, their children were both in college. They might be upset if his decision led to divorce, but they would understand.

While Brad was away, Janet happened to pass a gift shop and she saw four plaques there that displayed a very apropos message: Avoid Even the Appearance of Impropriety. In the deepest crevices of her mind, she admitted to herself that while she didn't have a physical affair, she might have had an emotional one. If she followed those words of wisdom, she could avoid such a problem in the future. She bought all four of the plaques and placed them in strategic locations in the house. One was on the wall at the foot of her bed. It was the first thing she saw every morning and the last thing she saw every night. Unfortunately, those plaques never became useful.

She received a call from Brad a few days before he was due to come home. The call was nothing like she expected. Brad's first words to her were: "What are you playing at? While I'm over here trying to figure out how to preserve our marriage, you're still pursuing your affair."

She said, "What are you talking about? I haven't been in any kind of contact with Steve since he left. He was scheduled for duty in Europe. He's there by now. That's one hell of a long-distance affair, Brad. There was no affair before and there's certainly no affair now," she sobbed.

He answered, "Janet, I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night! I decided to get an update on your captain before I made my final decision about us. I'm surrounded by military troops here and I know some pretty influential officers. I asked the question and they got me the answer. Your captain didn't go to Europe, he went to Fort Hood! So, let's see, he's about an hour's drive from your house. How often does he make that drive? How often do you?"

She wanted to tell him that she didn't believe what he was telling her and that she had never made any drive and neither had Steve, but Brad raised his voice and dominated the conversation. He didn't allow her to interrupt. He said, "Janet, I've accepted a permanent position here. I've filed for a divorce. I'm asking for a fifty-fifty split of our assets, except for your car and the house. You get those outright. I don't think you can get a better deal than that. Go see your captain and celebrate tonight. Sign the papers when they arrive." With that, he hung up the phone.

After a long cry, she called the personnel department at Fort Hood. Brad was right, Captain Steve Snow was, indeed, stationed there. He'd been there for a few weeks.

Before long, she was making that drive and so was Steve. She also drove back to that gift shop and sold back all four plaques. She was doing the only thing possible, but she still had tears in her eyes. It marked the end of something good that she failed to protect. On the day that her divorce was final, Steve's ring replaced Brad's on her finger. It was goodbye Brad, hello Steve. She had insisted on waiting until her marriage was over so tonight would be more than special. Now that Brad was officially out of her life, she resented that he didn't believe her. She could have been crawling into bed with him tonight instead of with Steve. It was Brad's call and he made it without giving her a chance. She didn't need a plaque to remind her of how fragile marriage can be. She would heed that message and do everything possible to protect her second chance for a long-lasting union.

When she finished the story, I thought Marcie was going to cry. I asked her if there was a story behind all of her merchandise items. She said there probably was, but she didn't know most of them.

I picked up one of the plaques and handed her my credit card saying, "I'll take this one, Marcie. It will be perfect for our conference room."

She pushed my hand away saying, "Your money is not good here, deputy."

I shook my head saying, "I don't want to start by violating the message on this plaque. I'm paying for it, Marcie." She reluctantly accepted my card.

When I got home, I hung the plaque where it would be seen by anyone entering our front door. That would be Stella in about an hour. In the meantime, I connected my computer to the big-screen TV in the den. It was time to shine a bright light on the darkness in our marriage. It was time to pull the plug, but first, she needs to know what she's lost.

When she got home, she saw my patrol car in the driveway. As she flew through the door she was saying, "Honey, your home early!" I saw her in the hall. She was staring at the plaque. It was like she was frozen in place. Her face was the picture of worry as she pointed at the plaque and asked, "Did you get that for me?" I told her it was a favorite saying of my boss. I told her it applied to me, and yes, it applied to her.